(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

the fb group is kept secret.. so you wont be able to find it. another way is to add you as a friend first then add u again. should be able to work i think.

cant find your profile on fb, you can add me at [email protected]

missSher, thank you for the reply! I have added you on fb, I'm Lynn Tan btw.

Hope your baby is doing well...not to get too worried abt bb's position as we still have a few more weeks to go!

My gynae kept telling me to monitor bb's movement every few hours (making me very 'stress' & worried if I didn't feel my baby for a long time), saying hiccups and baby's kick are different and hiccups not counted as movement... (so if bb hiccups is considered as bb is ok isn't it?)

But how will I know when bb is having hiccups?! How to differentiate it from kicking/bb's movement?

Is there anything that we can do to stimulate bb to move/kick?

Hope your baby is doing well...not to get too worried abt bb's position as we still have a few more weeks to go!

My gynae kept telling me to monitor bb's movement every few hours (making me very 'stress' & worried if I didn't feel my baby for a long time), saying hiccups and baby's kick are different and hiccups not counted as movement... (so if bb hiccups is considered as bb is ok isn't it?)

But how will I know when bb is having hiccups?! How to differentiate it from kicking/bb's movement?

Bb hiccups will be rhythmic n it feels like a ticking clock. The movements will feel very close to each other n the time between each movement is like 1-2 sec apart. U can try drinking cold water or sweet drinks to stimulate bb to kick/ move :)

Thank u for the advice! I hope my check up next week will turn out well.. I'm so shocked when doc check the umbilical cord while all these time when I go for check up.. Bb is doing so fine..

Doc ask me bed rest more also.. So far bb had been very active.. Bb don't seem to be affected or know wat is happening.. Everytime bb moves now.. I feel so much better.. I guess it will be a stressful week for me.. I won't be able to relax until the next check up.. :(

Me too.. I totally know how u feel. For me was worse cos before that bb was found to b on small side. I also couldn't relax after finding out but told myself must try to think positive. Don't worry your gynae is closely monitoring u so everything will b ok just do the fetal movement counts. My baby was still very active that day of the scan but when I went back to work her movements really decrease a lot so I decided bedrest really is the best remedy. Jiayou!

Me too.. I totally know how u feel. For me was worse cos before that bb was found to b on small side. I also couldn't relax after finding out but told myself must try to think positive. Don't worry your gynae is closely monitoring u so everything will b ok just do the fetal movement counts. My baby was still very active that day of the scan but when I went back to work her movements really decrease a lot so I decided bedrest really is the best remedy. Jiayou!

Ya..I realised tat too..whenever I try to do some housework... Bb movement will stop... I'm so grateful for her movement now.. Used to find it painful whenever she kick too hard.. Now I rather she keep kicking me... At least I know she is well...

Ya..I realised tat too..whenever I try to do some housework... Bb movement will stop... I'm so grateful for her movement now.. Used to find it painful whenever she kick too hard.. Now I rather she keep kicking me... At least I know she is well...

Same here! No matter how painful I feel happy to know she is ok :) let's enjoy and treasure the last few weeks of our pregnancy!

Christin3k, mayb u try to zzz on ur left side more often? it is said to hv better blood circulation to our uterus. Avoid zzz on ur back too long as the main blood vessel is at the back.

Christin3k, mayb u try to zzz on ur left side more often? it is said to hv better blood circulation to our uterus. Avoid zzz on ur back too long as the main blood vessel is at the back.

I dun slp well on the left leh... My bb will keep kicking.. But when I slp on my right she feel so much better... N my back wouldn't ache so much...

I dun slp well on the left leh... My bb will keep kicking.. But when I slp on my right she feel so much better... N my back wouldn't ache so much...
Ic.. my bb also does kick when i zz on L/R.. but i dun care.. haha.. i 'lifted' my tummy so that i dun 'squeeze' my bb too much, den continue to zzz. Hehe..

Ic.. my bb also does kick when i zz on L/R.. but i dun care.. haha.. i 'lifted' my tummy so that i dun 'squeeze' my bb too much, den continue to zzz. Hehe..

Lol.. I slp well if I'm on my right.. If on my left I dun slp well.. I read online it did say slping on the left benefits bb more.. But I can't leh.. Now my mum making me eat more.. Cos I dun eat well at all after 28weeks..

So now she making food n soup that is gd for blood circulation for me to eat...

I was having lower right abdominal pain.. But after confirming is just muscle pull.. Doc decided to do a detail check on bb's well being.. Cos I was tested to have high blood pressure before that.. But it was a measurement error by the nurse back then..

My doc will randomly check on bb's umbilical cord to make sure bb doing well and becos the growth of bb very minimal.. Although only 6 days apart from last visit.. Doc abit worried.. So he check on the umbilical cord.. Who knows really got problem.. Cos usually even 1 week apart.. My bb's weight gain n growth is a lot one..

Ystd check she only gain less than 100g... Her head measurement also not difference.. Doc checked the cord twice.. Both reading also show blood resistance high.. Bb not getting enough blood from me..

But somehow bb movement is still good.. Her heartbeat is still strong and stable.. So time being still consider ok.. But doc say anything can happen.. As long bb movement drop.. I will have to deliver her immediately..

i see… pls rest well and hope everything goes smoothly on yr end.

i see… pls rest well and hope everything goes smoothly on yr end.

Thanks.. I am hoping for the best as well.. Did the kick count today.. Twice.. Both results don't look so good compared to ystd's.. Her 10times movement took almost 2hrs to complete compared to ystd and the day before whereby she get to complete it within 30mins the longest and shortest of 10mins..

But my elder sister lend me her Doppler.. Listen to her heartbeat.. It seems good. It's fast, strong and consistent.. So I think I just do the kick count at the wrong time whereby she is resting.. Hope tml her performance will be better..

Thanks.. I am hoping for the best as well.. Did the kick count today.. Twice.. Both results don't look so good compared to ystd's.. Her 10times movement took almost 2hrs to complete compared to ystd and the day before whereby she get to complete it within 30mins the longest and shortest of 10mins..

But my elder sister lend me her Doppler.. Listen to her heartbeat.. It seems good. It's fast, strong and consistent.. So I think I just do the kick count at the wrong time whereby she is resting.. Hope tml her performance will be better..

Hey gal, Don't worry I think their movements vary day to day. She could b more active one day then next day she might make up for lost energy by sleeping more. My gynae says as long as there is movement throughout the day it's ok don't stress too much :) he told me only to go in if like 4hours straight no movement n if I drink cold water or juice/shake my stomach still no movement. Take care!

Hey gal, Don't worry I think their movements vary day to day. She could b more active one day then next day she might make up for lost energy by sleeping more. My gynae says as long as there is movement throughout the day it's ok don't stress too much :) he told me only to go in if like 4hours straight no movement n if I drink cold water or juice/shake my stomach still no movement. Take care!

How to shake stomach?

Hmm.. I see.. Ya.. I feel better today after she start moving even before I'm wide awake today..

Try tucking in your tummy a few times. This is one of the exercises taught at prenatal class.

Tucking in tummy?? I didn't go for any prenatal class.. :( wanted to sign up for it but by then I'm alrdy in 3rd trimester.. So skip it.

hey dearie, you should have access to the fb group already :)
and yup.. trying to get myself mentally prepared that i may need to go for a c sect.. keeping an open mind!
i think there's no need to feel excessively stressed over the kick counts ya, so long you feel movements through out the day. baby may just be sleeping at certain times of the day hehe.

How to shake stomach?

For me I will use both my hands to move my tummy up down or side to side. But actually I realize if I press very hard on one side of my tummy till I feel her elbow/knee/foot etc she will normally respond already. Cos sometimes she can sleep until very deep n no movement until make me panic. Oh drinking very sweet drink like coke also helps

I am just going for my class this coming Thursday... very late

Wah.... My hub wanted to go when I was 28weeks along.. But I tell him dun wan.. Lol.. I think will waste money.. Bb may pop even before the lesson ends..

Lucky we didn't go.. Cos my bb really going to pop in advance.. But I do get a complimentary lesson from the hospital.. So got questions I can still ask.. Or get help when I'm in hospital..

My dr even more relax and says 10 counts is meant from 9am to 6pm only. A series of kicks within a short span of time is not counted. So must be kick then rest, then after a while feel for the movement again. Most days I lost track due to schedule.
But as long as I feel bb kick periodically shld be fine…i think.

Having a doppler is great! It's definitely reassuring in this way then.

My dr even more relax and says 10 counts is meant from 9am to 6pm only. A series of kicks within a short span of time is not counted. So must be kick then rest, then after a while feel for the movement again. Most days I lost track due to schedule.

That's strange! The attending doctor for my growth scan said a series of 3 kicks can be counted as "3". So confusing.

Haha! I also.. My bb just kept moving all day long.. She barely stop moving now.. And I'm starting to get sharp pain at the vagina area.. I read online.. It says bb is moving downwards and bb prepares for labour..but it's quite uncomfortable.. Plus bb haven't reach 37weeks.. Not really good to deliver at 35 weeks leh.. My doc dun wish to..

That's strange! The attending doctor for my growth scan said a series of 3 kicks can be counted as "3". So confusing.

Ya.. My doc also say.. As long I feel movement jiu take it as one count. But I usually let her movement go in sets.. If she keep wiggling I count it as 1 time.. Wait till she wiggle finish take a break and start moving again I take another count.. I mean it's good tat bb move so much..

Any mommies starts planning for maternity leave. i will start on 1 Nov.

Started getting heavy and breathless after every single meal really very uncomfortable.

I'm in my 35 weeks now and bb weighs bout 2.5kg, dr says average weight.
I shld be choosing TMC, tho I wanna go Mt. e novena but my gynae suggested not, saying nurse understaffed there for normal delivery.

I will be delivering at gleneagle.. as my gynae clinic is there he prefers not to go to another hospital, which I am alright with that as well thou staying in a newer hospital will be much nicer. Hee.

My bb head is already engaged. Edd 5th nov.. csect will be between 18th- 23rd .. waiting for shifu to calculate a good date.

MissSher: has added you in fb..

I just took maternity photo shoot w hubby just now...even though i'm so tubby now the photog was not bad n helped me angle / block part of the arm w curtain...excited to see the physical copies in a few wks :p

I just got back from my gynae.. It's confirm that I will be going thru induced labour in 2 to 3weeks time.. I have to deliver my bb girl by 38weeks.. Cos doc think my blood pressure will affect the baby if I drag too long.. I don't have high blood but it's borderline normal.. I'm not under medication even though doc give me.. But don't think I need to take.. I didn't take for the past one week and today tested my blood pressure is good.. But at least my umbilical cord blood resistance problem is solved..

I'm 35weeks now and bb weighs 2.4kg only.. Doc say bb will be born small frame.. But overall everything looks good for now.. At least my bb girl don't have to be born pre matured..

I just took maternity photo shoot w hubby just now...even though i'm so tubby now the photog was not bad n helped me angle / block part of the arm w curtain...excited to see the physical copies in a few wks :p

hi faefever, which maternity photographer you use?
u going to take infant's too?

I just got back from my gynae.. It's confirm that I will be going thru induced labour in 2 to 3weeks time.. I have to deliver my bb girl by 38weeks.. Cos doc think my blood pressure will affect the baby if I drag too long.. I don't have high blood but it's borderline normal.. I'm not under medication even though doc give me.. But don't think I need to take.. I didn't take for the past one week and today tested my blood pressure is good.. But at least my umbilical cord blood resistance problem is solved..

I'm 35weeks now and bb weighs 2.4kg only.. Doc say bb will be born small frame.. But overall everything looks good for now.. At least my bb girl don't have to be born pre matured..

hi christin3k, 38wk is already a good wk to deliver. read somewhere before asian tends to give birth naturally btw wk 37-39.
rest well now ok.

think yr bb still of good size. i'm worried for mine now as at wk 33 it's only 1.9kg! even more small?!
i've been packing myself with more food liao…

Hi Christine, no worries. My 2nd girl is born at 38 week at the weight of 1.9kg. She is now 6 years old and very healthy now..

hi christin3k, 38wk is already a good wk to deliver. read somewhere before asian tends to give birth naturally btw wk 37-39.
rest well now ok.

think yr bb still of good size. i'm worried for mine now as at wk 33 it's only 1.9kg! even more small?!
i've been packing myself with more food liao…

I see.. My mum now also feeding me with 3 meals a day.. In the day go back to my mum's place eat n sleep.. Have dinner alrdy then my mum send me back to my place.. Lucky just a road across.. Lol!

Hi Christine, no worries. My 2nd girl is born at 38 week at the weight of 1.9kg. She is now 6 years old and very healthy now..

I see.. So my bb still consider ok.. Lucky.. Just hoping my delivery will be a smooth one.. Super nervous about the process..

Back