Ectopic Pregnancy and trying to conceive

Belle2201

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to ask for opinions, if anyone has similar experience, please share with me.

I had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2009. I only found out in an unfortunate emergency 3 months into the pregnancy. I didn't know I was pregnant, as I bled as usual monthly, so I thought it was just my period. Then in March 2009, I bled heavily for a week, before I collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. Only then did I find out that I was pregnant, and that the baby was growing in my fallopian tube. It had grown big enough to rupture my left tube, and I had to be sent for an immediate operation to remove my tube, as doctors said that I had lost too much blood and my life was in danger.

To cut the long story short, the doctor recommended that I start taking birth control pills to avoid risking another ectopic pregnancy. I was on the pills for less than a year, after which I was urged by my mother to stop. It's been more than 4 years now, but every single time I miss my period, it's a false alarm.

It has come to a point where I am getting frustrated, that I refuse to take a pregnancy test when I miss my period to avoid disappointment. It's caused a lot of stress. As of today, I have missed my period for a month, had just done a pregnancy test with a home kit, just to be faced with another disappointment.

I have consulted several doctors, but have been told that everything seems to be normal and that there shouldn't be a problem with conceiving.

I would love to hear from anyone, if you have faced the same problems. If everything is normal, how long does it actually take to conceive again? And is there a chance of not being able to conceive after one ectopic pregnancy?

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong, or what is wrong with my body. Would deeply appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

hi Belle, i have an EP and managed to conceive after that. Doctor told me my chances of getting pregnant again after EP was abt 50%, so i did not pin too much hope. But i succesfully concieve with my gal after that. All my pregnancies are really hard. i went to chinese sinseh as well. I have Miscarriages as well in between. I did not give up though the fear was in me. I now have a 8 yr old boy and a 18mths gal. don't give up :)

Hi belle,

I have EP (first child) and have my left tube removed but I'm now a mum of three rascals.

I'm not sure why your doctor asked u to take birth control pills straight after the EP.......coz my gynae did not and even said that I could try after 3 months (in fact, I was pregnant again after 1 month plus)

The cause of EP is not known and the chances of having EP is higher if we have one or our mum........so can't prevent by having birth control pill....

I have 2 gf and they both have EP too, they asked me the same question like when they should try for the next one and I told them what my gynae told me.......

A got pregnant after 3 months and B got pregnant after 2 years.....

B was initially quite sad and disappointed especially after she know A got pregnant again so fast.......she was trying so hard during the past 2 years and was so stress over this.

The moment she relaxed.....after she felt that when it's time, it will come....she got pregnant.

Since your doc told you that you are normal, just relax...

I'm sure you will have your own baby soon.

Hi Belle, i understand the kind of stress u are going through. I had 2 ep. First in oct 13 where they removed my left tube then again i got pregnant in mar 14 but ended up ep, they managed to save my right tube.

If you have only 1 ep, your chances are much better. Try to relax, avoid cold drink and take some tcm.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been too busy with work, been reading your inputs but haven't had the time to post a reply.

Thank you for sharing your stories, it has made me feel a little more hopeful than before.

@jaydenmum and @jkoh , do you mind sharing about TCM? Can I just go to any TCM practitioner and let them prescribe medications? I'm a bit worried if I end up taking the wrong medications.

@clumsymum I'm glad to hear you and your girlfriends have managed to successfully conceive. I hope to share my success story someday too. My doctor told me that there's a chance of a recurring EP even after one tube removal. That has made me even more worried. While I am trying to conceive, I am also praying hard that if I do eventually, it will be normal. I just cannot imagine going through the pain all over again.

I will try to relax more, lessen my stress and pressure to conceive. I had also asked the doctor if smoking or passive smoking increases the chances of an EP, but was told that it's just a myth. But my research on the net had shown a lot of websites mentioning that it can be a cause of EP. Anyone has opinions on this?

Thank you once again. :)

Just to add on, I have one tube removed... but I did not give up.
I went to Eu Yan Seng at Chinatown.... I told the Doc that im trying for baby and to build my body so that I can try again ...
now my baby is coming to 2 yrs old.
Jia you :)

Hi Ladies,

I just come across this thread and would like to join in the discussion, as I have the same problem too.

I have an EP on 2012 and it was a terrible experience, that I have lost one of my tube, as the tube was rupture, till now it has left me with the remorse experience of a failed pregnancy. Currently, I only left with one tube, wondering if anyone here have the similar situation and have successful story that you manage to conceive again? Did you all go for any test before ttc again after EP?

The problem with me now is that, I am not ready to try since 2012 till now, which is already 2 years, due to job instability. It is very heartache on this matter and I don't know if my the other tube is healthy and whether I can conceive again. I have been waiting for long, for a day to know. I heard going through the test to check the tube is uncomfortable. Can anyone who have the similar situation share?

Thanks so much.

hi nana80jojoyeo, im left with one tube too, but manage to conceive to my lovely girl after that. I did not go for any check up, I just went ahead to try though Doc says charges of me pregnant again was like 50%. But....I tot, jus try, if really again stuck at tube, then really no choice. (but before that, I did went to see a Chinese sinseh at Eu Yan Seng) (and before all this, I had 3 Miscarriages :(
coz I love kids, so I tried again and again. And now im blessed with a boy and a girl :)
All the best to you :)

Hi jaydenmum,

Thanks for your wishes! I do admire your never give up attitude and mindset! I have tried but is always environmental disallow me to keep on trying : ( I have 2 obstacles right now is to 1) finding a stable job 2) as I have EP 2 years ago and not sure if my left over tube can conceive.

Do you have face similar problems like me? My first child is already 5 years old, I find is much way running out of time if I still waiting and waiting for a stable job. Whenever I hear my friends conceiving and catching up with second one and is so easy for them, I am so envious and ask why this world is so unfair to me : (

hi nana, do you need a job? my fren's workplace is looking for an admin, do let me know if you want to fast.
sometimes is due to stress... do relax :)
my boy and gal age gap is 8 yrs...so....
i have asked myself that question before.... but tell yourself, at least you are bless with one now....
try and never give up :)

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted. I have a situation on hand, and am feeling a bit gutted.

I've missed my period, 39 days late currently. I've been getting a lot of white, stretchy discharge. They come out in blobs. Never had those before... I feel uncomfortable around my tummy area too. I've done 3 pregnancy tests. One in early October, one in mid October, and the last was done at my GP last Monday. All three came up as negative. :(

Such a bummer. My GP suggests waiting another 1 to 2 weeks. But I am getting more anxious. I am thinking if I should go see a gynae, maybe get a blood test done or something. Any suggestions?

I am excited, but trying not to keep my hopes too high up.

Hi Belle
My wife had a EP last April (same as ur case, rushed to hospital and emergency op), but we managed to conceive again in Aug (after the 3 mths rest period adviced by doc)
Doc say after 1st EP, the changes of pregnancy will lower by about 15% not 50%.
Anyway our little girl is now 7 mths old...
so don't give up.. As long as u believe there will be hope...

Hi, I had ep in 2011 (2nd pregnancy ). Same as u, but it was 6 weeks and my left Fallopian tube bursted.
It took me another 6 months or more (can't remember )to overcome this.
We decided to try again but no good news and once my menses was a bit weird, shorter days I think and went to see doc to confirm if pregnant. Ended up found out I have polycystic ovaries. Was so disappointed because chances of getting pregnant will decrease.

So I almost gave up having the idea of having no. 2. I guess is the stress and wants to have another child that added to the difficulty, after that I was pregnant. Now my no 2 is 3 months old.

Don't give up. Just relax.. and let nature do their work

Hi ladies, may i ask for the blessed ladies who got normal preg after EP, u conceive with a normal tube, ie not the tube that got the EP ?

I got my 1st EP in jan2012, n the left tube was removed. This sent both DH n myself into depression. I did a surgery in feb2011 for endometriosis, followed w drug treatment till Sep2011. n i blamed me myself for being so kan chiong into ttc, feeling that my body haven't fully been conditioned to be strong enough.
Took us long b4 trying again in 2013.. In feb 2014, EP again ! This time discovered earlier n i took MTX injection to dissolve the EP, so tube is physically there.
But honestly.. I doubt this tube can work normally..

Hi, after surgery, my surgeon told me the other tube is OK, still can conceive.
You may want to do a check with your gynae first? Don't put too much stress on yourself. Jia you

You r blessed. :) happy for u..

After first EP,gynae said still can try natural.
After 2nd one, we r too scare to try..EP r simply too traumatizing.. Physically n mentally..
Anyway the fertility tcm n reproductive medicine gynae both do think ivf is prob the way..
We r now queuing for ivf.. Hope i dun chicken out last minute..

Hi ladies, I went to see a gynae in November, and was told that I have polycystic ovaries too. Therefore the inconsistencies in my menstrual cycle. I am worried that this is another cause that is hindering my chances to conceive. If anyone can recommend a good TCM for me to seek medical help, I would really appreciate it. @neolq13 I am happy for you, I hope for the same for me too someday. It's almost six years since my EP, and I am at the verge of giving up trying to conceive naturally.

Hi ladies, happen to chance upon this thread and felt relieved to find support as not only we had to deal with losses but also etopic pregnancies. I had my first EP on the left in Jan 2013 which had injection to stop the pregnancy. Subsequently, I had a natural miscarriage in Mar 2014 (there was no heartbeat and fetus did not grow). Sadly I got my 2nd EP on Aug 2014, this time on the right and required a keyhole surgery as i had internal bleeding and my tubes were saved. Though was traumatised after the surgery and told my husband I'm not gg to try for any baby, after recovery the urge to have a baby is just too strong. So I'm back on the road of TTC now.

Hi rac_bow. I had almost the same history as you. Also, my gynae for the 2nd EP also advised me to go for IVF to avoid EP again which is very likely. So I had made appt with NUH on end Jan. You'd mentioned you are queuing for IVF too. So maybe we could share some support here.

Hi ladies, happen to chance upon this thread and felt relieved to find support as not only we had to deal with losses but also etopic pregnancies. I had my first EP on the left in Jan 2013 which had injection to stop the pregnancy. Subsequently, I had a natural miscarriage in Mar 2014 (there was no heartbeat and fetus did not grow). Sadly I got my 2nd EP on Aug 2014, this time on the right and required a keyhole surgery as i had internal bleeding and my tubes were saved. Though was traumatised after the surgery and told my husband I'm not gg to try for any baby, after recovery the urge to have a baby is just too strong. So I'm back on the road of TTC now.

Hi rac_bow. I had almost the same history as you. Also, my gynae for the 2nd EP also advised me to go for IVF to avoid EP again which is very likely. So I had made appt with NUH on end Jan. You'd mentioned you are queuing for IVF too. So maybe we could share some support here.

Hi needsomehelp, i totally feel u.. The relieve u got by sharing here, the support u found here. Nobody can understand that kind of hurt that EP caused other than us.. Hugz..

i am with kkh, schedule e ivf cycle in mar. I hope that by taking this step, i can walk out of the shadow casted by these EP.

You doing your ivf in end jan ? You jiayou ! All the best.. :)

Hi needsomehelp.. Based on ur earlier post, like me, both your tubes kena EP before. So i guess it will be pretty easy to qualify for ivf. I asked the reproductive medicine gynae many times, i got other option meh ? Other than ivf, dun think there r other techniques that can bypass the tube.

gynaes did tell us, compared to natural pregnancy, ivf has slightly higher rate of EP. (For normal ppl).
But for ppl like us, ivf has relatively lower rate of EP compared to natural preg. So not no risk, but lower.

Oh thanks so much. Hope so...im so worried nuh gynae ask me to try natural for awhile more since can get preggie previously. And yes...ivf doesnt rule out EP totally though. Did you go for any tests prior starting ivf? So sorry if I asked too many ivf related qns. Just glad tt met tac_bow in the same condition as me, so might be easier to relate the problems.

EP ladies can get preggie, but juz somehow landed in wrong place. U can insist to the gynae that u dun want to put urself into the EP risk by trying naturally.
I only undergo normal standard pre ivf tests that most ladies do.. Blood test for ovarian reserves, SIS to chk womb cavity. As my SIS result look suspicious,i went further for hysterscopy. No special test done cos i had EP b4.
No prob asking more, understand how we can relate..

Hi ladies, I went to see a gynae in November, and was told that I have polycystic ovaries too. Therefore the inconsistencies in my menstrual cycle. I am worried that this is another cause that is hindering my chances to conceive. If anyone can recommend a good TCM for me to seek medical help, I would really appreciate it. @neolq13 I am happy for you, I hope for the same for me too someday. It's almost six years since my EP, and I am at the verge of giving up trying to conceive naturally.

I took bai feng wan from Fu hua to adjust my menses. Ask them how to take it, they will explain to u. Also I happened to lose a bit of weight just before I conceive. So it might help a bit too.

Sorry to hear what u gals went through. Jia you!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I had an ep about 7 years ago and and had to removed my left fallopian tube as it was ruptured badly. I had not since tried of having a baby only recently. My op was done in KKH by Mr John Tee and he told me that my right fallopian tube is healthy and that I still have both my overies. I went to see him last year and he told me that my remaining tube is healthy and that he gave me folic acids to consume. Is there any tests I need to undergo to fully prepare myself for a successful birth. I am so worried I will never be able to conceive. Need some advice. Does any Chinese herbs help?

Hi everyone, I had an ep about 7 years ago and and had to removed my left fallopian tube as it was ruptured badly. I had not since tried of having a baby only recently. My op was done in KKH by Mr John Tee and he told me that my right fallopian tube is healthy and that I still have both my overies. I went to see him last year and he told me that my remaining tube is healthy and that he gave me folic acids to consume. Is there any tests I need to undergo to fully prepare myself for a successful birth. I am so worried I will never be able to conceive. Need some advice. Does any Chinese herbs help?
Im seeing TSB since Aug 14. Menses are more regular now.

Hi all, I just underwent keyhole surgery 2 days ago to remove ectopic pregnancy on my left fallopian tube. It was heartbreaking and scary.

I'm very scared to try again cos afraid another EP.

Mothers, how did you overcome the fear and ttc again?

Hi all, I just underwent keyhole surgery 2 days ago to remove ectopic pregnancy on my left fallopian tube. It was heartbreaking and scary.

I'm very scared to try again cos afraid another EP.

Mothers, how did you overcome the fear and ttc again?
Sorry to hear that. The first few weeks were tough. Technically, you can ttc after 3 cycles but mentally its a long journey. I had 2 ectopic and i can tell you I'm still scared of a 3rd one... the desire to have bb will overcome your fear. Give yourself time to recover.

Sorry to hear that. The first few weeks were tough. Technically, you can ttc after 3 cycles but mentally its a long journey. I had 2 ectopic and i can tell you I'm still scared of a 3rd one... the desire to have bb will overcome your fear. Give yourself time to recover.

Hi jkoh, you are very brave.
I am still in pain now from the keyhole surgery and the thought of going through this whole drama again frightens me. I also heard stories of stillbirth and other complications, it scares me very much.

How do you find courage to ttc? I want a child but very very scared now

I understand how you feel. The wound is still new. You need time to heal. I only started ttc after 9mths. The emotional part took a longer recovery time. We have to keep trying... at least if BFP doesnt happen, u know u have done your best. Better than to live in regrets! For people like me with 2 Ep in different tubes , our only solution is IVF. But still that doesn't deter me from trying. Onr day we will see rainbow. Jia you!

Just to share, had 1 EP and mourned for my loss for 2-3 mths. My gynae also said can try after 1st cycle. But I did not dare. I did not go for the keyhole as it was an emergency op. So my recovery was as painful as an actual c-section. It's a very conflicting time, one hand I'm afraid to go through it, on the other I really wanted one to fill the void. We finally tried and got pregnant in a few mths. During pregnancy I was extremely paranoid as well. So it was a tough. But in hindsight when I see my dd now, everything is worth it. The moment you hold your newborn in your arms, the fist time dd called me mama. Everything is worth it. I'm not saying it's easy after an EP, you have to look forward to the joy that you can experience. Stay positive as best as you can.

Just to share, had 1 EP and mourned for my loss for 2-3 mths. My gynae also said can try after 1st cycle. But I did not dare. I did not go for the keyhole as it was an emergency op. So my recovery was as painful as an actual c-section. It's a very conflicting time, one hand I'm afraid to go through it, on the other I really wanted one to fill the void. We finally tried and got pregnant in a few mths. During pregnancy I was extremely paranoid as well. So it was a tough. But in hindsight when I see my dd now, everything is worth it. The moment you hold your newborn in your arms, the fist time dd called me mama. Everything is worth it. I'm not saying it's easy after an EP, you have to look forward to the joy that you can experience. Stay positive as best as you can.

Hi shoppixe,

Just curious. During your EP, why c-section?

My gynae advised keyhole surgery and tried to save my tube. But this means I will have higher chance of another EP. That's why I'm very scared.

I understand how you feel. The wound is still new. You need time to heal. I only started ttc after 9mths. The emotional part took a longer recovery time. We have to keep trying... at least if BFP doesnt happen, u know u have done your best. Better than to live in regrets! For people like me with 2 Ep in different tubes , our only solution is IVF. But still that doesn't deter me from trying. Onr day we will see rainbow. Jia you!

Hi jkoh,
You are very positive and brave. I hope I can be like you.

I had EP in 2012 and I removed my left tube cos the jab didn't work. Tried natural and TCM after 3 months, but I did not get pregnant.

Went for IVF in 2013 and discovered that the remaining tube was releasing toxins that hinder implantation. Went ahead to remove the remaining tube and gave birth to a bouncing baby in Mar 2014.

Yes, the chances of having EP are much higher if you had an EP before, but I guess wanting to have a kid badly overcomes all fear - you will do anything, everything to have a healthy baby.

Hi shoppixe,

Just curious. During your EP, why c-section?

My gynae advised keyhole surgery and tried to save my tube. But this means I will have higher chance of another EP. That's why I'm very scared.

Mine was because gynae was not sure as well, I started seeing a gynae in my 5/6th week. And 3 days later I was passed out in acute pain. Given the situation it was best to do c-sect. After c-sect, gynae discovered that there was no way to save the tube as tube was already ruptured and infection was set in already. Keyhole recovery wld have been much easier but my case there was no time for consideration or further evaluation. It was life threatening.

May I ask, those of you who had EP before, what are the symptoms u had? Particularly if u had any early symptoms before 6 weeks? I had a miscarriage in Mar 2015 and after some months of rest and trying, I tested positive again this month. But my HCG levels seem to be rising slowly cos I took 2 HPT over a period of 3 days and the result line seem to be faint/showing up slow. And I had 2 days of light brown spotting, which I thought was implantation spotting... Then later wonder if it means something else. I have this dull sore feeling on my right hip area on and off. Otherwise I don't have the normal pregnancy symptoms like nausea or sore boobs or fatigue. I read that ache on one side and slow rising HCG levels could mean an EP so I am freaking out. I know the symptoms are bleeding and severe pain on one side, but by then it means the tube has ruptured and too late. But i wonder surely symptoms begin as just mild pain right? I am seeing my gynae this wed, I should be about 5 weeks along and I hope nothing bad happens from now till then! It's like so difficult for me to have a child.. I don't want a ruptured tube to make it worse. Plus I just did a lap to remove ovary cysts and fibroids exactly a year ago... I don't want to have to do a lap to remove an EP again. Oh my I can't help feeling why am I so suay lah.

Hi LostAngel,

Unfortunately the early symptoms of EP is similar to early pregnancy, and week 5 is very early pregnancy.

For my case, I had red bleeding at week 4 plus, then it turn to brown discharge. I felt nauseous and had sore breasts, and also pain on the lower abdomen area. Hcg also rise slow at week 4 to 6, but at week 7 to 8, hcg rise fast.
All these are early pregnancy symptons too, but end up is EP.

Until you visit your gynae, do hcg blood test and scan, difficult to determine whether it's EP or normal pregnancy.

When you visit gynae, hope can see the yolk sac and it should be fine. Wish all goes well for you.

Last edited:
May I ask, those of you who had EP before, what are the symptoms u had? Particularly if u had any early symptoms before 6 weeks? I had a miscarriage in Mar 2015 and after some months of rest and trying, I tested positive again this month. But my HCG levels seem to be rising slowly cos I took 2 HPT over a period of 3 days and the result line seem to be faint/showing up slow. And I had 2 days of light brown spotting, which I thought was implantation spotting... Then later wonder if it means something else. I have this dull sore feeling on my right hip area on and off. Otherwise I don't have the normal pregnancy symptoms like nausea or sore boobs or fatigue. I read that ache on one side and slow rising HCG levels could mean an EP so I am freaking out. I know the symptoms are bleeding and severe pain on one side, but by then it means the tube has ruptured and too late. But i wonder surely symptoms begin as just mild pain right? I am seeing my gynae this wed, I should be about 5 weeks along and I hope nothing bad happens from now till then! It's like so difficult for me to have a child.. I don't want a ruptured tube to make it worse. Plus I just did a lap to remove ovary cysts and fibroids exactly a year ago... I don't want to have to do a lap to remove an EP again. Oh my I can't help feeling why am I so suay lah.
Hi gal, low rising hcg is definitely a concern. The abdominal pain comes and goes, it doesn't mean the tube has ruptured. However, if one ignore the pain it will get more severe and yes, eventually ruptured. By 6 wks, the sonographer can confirm if implantation takes place in tube. I have been through 2 ep and probably going through a 3rd one now. Me too, the thought of another surgery sucks. But in my heart, i know in life no pain no gain. I wanna try to have a bb and i must mentally prepared myself to go through this. (Becos im classified as high risk ep potential)
Yes you can say im suay but maybe God just want to test our sincerity. The right time will come to those who try. Jia you.

Hi jkoh, you are very brave.
I am still in pain now from the keyhole surgery and the thought of going through this whole drama again frightens me. I also heard stories of stillbirth and other complications, it scares me very much.

How do you find courage to ttc? I want a child but very very scared now

June, I just had keyhole surgery and removing one of my tube as well on 25 sept ...

Glad to know we can share our problems over here. I was tested positive on 5th sept, went to several gynae a to scan for baby sac but it didn't went well. Most of the gynae said it's too early to detect, but something inside me knows that it's not that simple, I didn't encounter any pain except for having brown discharge in the initial stage, until I went to a gynae Dr Wong From tampiness tmc , he told me to rush to hospital for check up because he suspect ectopic pregnancy, so on the day itself , I went .

Was diagnosed with EP and left tube was damaged. Had to undergo keyhole surgery and remove both pregnancy and the tube. Was so devastating over my stay in the hospital. Totally traumatized by it. But the urge of me having baby still strong. A lot of ppl said I already have #1, sure will have #2, but my concern is , will I have menses again? And how am I going to start planning for next one? And will I encounter EP again?

I asked gynae what causes EP, no one can explain, but I remembered clearly, I was down with flu very badly on the week before I found out I was pregnant. And without knowing it, I was on strong medication. I believe that is the only cause I can explain for my EP.

Went on research online, they mentioned that as long as I have ovaries, and I will still have my menses, I really hope this is true for me. Hoping to try again.

Gynae said that, next time if I am pregnant, have to go kkh to scan and monitor blood test level. Usually if ectopic pregnancy can detect early at 5-6 weeks , no need to undergo the surgery, injection will do. Hormone level should not exceed 2k

Hi LostAngel,

Unfortunately the early symptoms of EP is similar to early pregnancy, and week 5 is very early pregnancy.

For my case, I had red bleeding at week 4 plus, then it turn to brown discharge. I felt nauseous and had sore breasts, and also pain on the lower abdomen area. Hcg also rise slow at week 4 to 6, but at week 7 to 8, hcg rise fast.
All these are early pregnancy symptons too, but end up is EP.

Until you visit your gynae, do hcg blood test and scan, difficult to determine whether it's EP or normal pregnancy.

When you visit gynae, hope can see the yolk sac and it should be fine. Wish all goes well for you.

A normal pregnancies , hcg level will double every 2 days. EP will not double at all. And by week 5, sure can see the sac around our uterus lining. Doctor from kkh mentioned that as soon as pregnancy is tested positive, go to 24hr immediately, and go check. No choice, we have to get anxious at first. Until everything is stable, we then can have a choice to find private gynae or kkh gynae .

I noticed most of the EP, often affects the left tube more. Sigh. Let's give each other support and try again. I went to see Chinese sinseh also. Hopefully to have a better pregnancy next ...

I noticed most of the EP, often affects the left tube more. Sigh. Let's give each other support and try again. I went to see Chinese sinseh also. Hopefully to have a better pregnancy next ...
Yes, mine started at the left tube as well. I had my left tube removed and went on to try to conceive again in 4 mths time. Unfortunately it landed on another ectopic on the right tube. Doc managed to save the tube but it has been more than 1.5 yrs since then, and no news yet. I have moved on to IVF.
Yes, if ectopic s discovered early, you can opt to dissolve the pregnancy via injection. But in my opinion, removing the tube is better because u dont have to worry it get stuck in the damaged tube again.
Don't blame your health on ectopic. Ectopic has nothing to do with flu, cough etc. We are just unlucky.
Take your time to recover and count on the blessing you have #1 already.
Wish u a speedy recovery.
I share your heartache!

ya, i agree with June, EP is just random like accidents...it just happens....but funny thing is that if EP happens to you the 1st time, the probability of another EP is higher. It could only mean that the tubes are not healthy enough, hence, the embryo got stuck in it.
There is also a fear of Hydrosalpinx (is a fallopian tube dilated with fluid. The plural term is "hydrosalpinges" The only way for a fallopian tube to become dilated with fluid is if it is blocked at the end of the tube away from the uterus. Referred to as "distal tubal occlusion") though you may have a remaining tube - that happens to me. I removed one tube in 2012. Doc managed to clear out the other tube though he said it was not too healthy as well. Persisted but no baby via natural method. Went for IVF and during one of the scans, was diagnosed with hydro. Doc (THH, KKH) gave me an option - to remove or try to clear whatever mess retained in the remaining tube. I chose the 1st option knowing that since I have chosen IVF, I might as well upped the chances of having a baby. No point going for IVF with a bad tube. True enough, the following month after the tube removal, I got a BFP.

ya, i agree with June, EP is just random like accidents...it just happens....but funny thing is that if EP happens to you the 1st time, the probability of another EP is higher. It could only mean that the tubes are not healthy enough, hence, the embryo got stuck in it.
There is also a fear of Hydrosalpinx (is a fallopian tube dilated with fluid. The plural term is "hydrosalpinges" The only way for a fallopian tube to become dilated with fluid is if it is blocked at the end of the tube away from the uterus. Referred to as "distal tubal occlusion") though you may have a remaining tube - that happens to me. I removed one tube in 2012. Doc managed to clear out the other tube though he said it was not too healthy as well. Persisted but no baby via natural method. Went for IVF and during one of the scans, was diagnosed with hydro. Doc (THH, KKH) gave me an option - to remove or try to clear whatever mess retained in the remaining tube. I chose the 1st option knowing that since I have chosen IVF, I might as well upped the chances of having a baby. No point going for IVF with a bad tube. True enough, the following month after the tube removal, I got a BFP.

So ended up u conceive via natural? Or ....
I gotten ectopic when having my #2 , #1 was quite smooth. After doctor operate, he did checked my other tube and ovaries saying it's healthy. I'm not sure... Hmmmm.

Yes, mine started at the left tube as well. I had my left tube removed and went on to try to conceive again in 4 mths time. Unfortunately it landed on another ectopic on the right tube. Doc managed to save the tube but it has been more than 1.5 yrs since then, and no news yet. I have moved on to IVF.
Yes, if ectopic s discovered early, you can opt to dissolve the pregnancy via injection. But in my opinion, removing the tube is better because u dont have to worry it get stuck in the damaged tube again.
Don't blame your health on ectopic. Ectopic has nothing to do with flu, cough etc. We are just unlucky.
Take your time to recover and count on the blessing you have #1 already.
Wish u a speedy recovery.
I share your heartache!

So how was your IVF procedures now?

So ended up u conceive via natural? Or ....
I gotten ectopic when having my #2 , #1 was quite smooth. After doctor operate, he did checked my other tube and ovaries saying it's healthy. I'm not sure... Hmmmm.
After my first ep, doc checked my other tube and said ok too. Sigh... but still ended ectopic. I just finished my 1st ivf cycle. Failed but will try again. If you and your hub are both Singaporean and less than 40, ivf at govt hospital is heavily subsidised.
And it can be paid by cpf too.
So cash outlay is manageable.
Since you only have 1 ectopic, you can still attempt natural. There are other ladies who have good success rate after 1 ectopic.
I have seen tcm for 1 year and honestly i didn't think much of it.
Good luck to you
Rest well and dont think too much.

Back