IVF/ICSI Support Group

NgYL, do you mind to share how was your ivf journey like? How many fresh or FET you've had done before?

Hi redvel, I had my 1st fresh cycle done last year. Retrieved 28 eggs, fertilized 16 but only 9 survived. Transferred 2 grade 4s but failed the cycle. Back then, I haven't started reading the forum or found out more about IVF/ICSI, so just 傻傻 went for my ER and ET... I was doing regional work and the only one handling APAC. Even though I was given hospitalization leave, my company kept asking me to go to work. It was a 24/7 kind of work due to time difference - I was so stress with work!

Of course I failed my cycle and was really sad... I started reading this thread and got to know lots of things which are shared by the sisters here (thanks sisters!). I went for TCM, and tried those foods such as Brazil nuts, chicken essence and red beans during the 2ww. I also realize quality of life is very important, so I quitted my job just 1 month before the transfer.

This is my 1st frozen cycle. Dr recommended to culture 4 embryos to blastocyst which only 2 survives. They are both grade 3s. I was very sad last year why I do not have more good grades embryo, but Dr told me grade is not that important. U just need one good and strong embryo to stick to you!

This pregnancy is not so smooth. I was coughing and had running nose for 3 solid months. As FTM, I get paranoid easily after reading all those internet stories, don't-dos, to-dos, etc. Additionally, I had few spotting experience... However, I told myself to relax & finally 1st Trimester is over!

No problem,i hope i can get to have a feel of tt bfp feeling n being a happy mother in my lifetime :). Cross fingers**.is this yr no 1?

Hi connie_hopeful, yes this is my 1st baby. I'm sure you will be blessed and will be a happy mother soon! Stay positive!

I'm so happy reading your story NgYL. It gives me ray of hope n that age is not a doom number. Ha.

I find forum can turn to either way. To me, pick the good things and don't get paranoid nor influenced by overwhelming "advice".

And i agree grading doesn't guarantee anything. Anything can happen once transfered, grade star or otherwise.

You've done the right thing to set your priority. Look at where you're now!

I'm so happy reading your story NgYL. It gives me ray of hope n that age is not a doom number. Ha.

I find forum can turn to either way. To me, pick the good things and don't get paranoid nor influenced by overwhelming "advice".

And i agree grading doesn't guarantee anything. Anything can happen once transfered, grade star or otherwise.

You've done the right thing to set your priority. Look at where you're now!

Yes redvel, age is not the doom number. Just stay positive and have faith! 加油!Waiting to hear good news from you soon!

Hi redvel, I had my 1st fresh cycle done last year. Retrieved 28 eggs, fertilized 16 but only 9 survived. Transferred 2 grade 4s but failed the cycle. Back then, I haven't started reading the forum or found out more about IVF/ICSI, so just 傻傻 went for my ER and ET... I was doing regional work and the only one handling APAC. Even though I was given hospitalization leave, my company kept asking me to go to work. It was a 24/7 kind of work due to time difference - I was so stress with work!

Of course I failed my cycle and was really sad... I started reading this thread and got to know lots of things which are shared by the sisters here (thanks sisters!). I went for TCM, and tried those foods such as Brazil nuts, chicken essence and red beans during the 2ww. I also realize quality of life is very important, so I quitted my job just 1 month before the transfer.

This is my 1st frozen cycle. Dr recommended to culture 4 embryos to blastocyst which only 2 survives. They are both grade 3s. I was very sad last year why I do not have more good grades embryo, but Dr told me grade is not that important. U just need one good and strong embryo to stick to you!

This pregnancy is not so smooth. I was coughing and had running nose for 3 solid months. As FTM, I get paranoid easily after reading all those internet stories, don't-dos, to-dos, etc. Additionally, I had few spotting experience... However, I told myself to relax & finally 1st Trimester is over!

Hi connie_hopeful, yes this is my 1st baby. I'm sure you will be blessed and will be a happy mother soon! Stay positive!

Ngyl, u hv a lot of eggs retrieved. Is ur AMH levels good?
Mine moderate low at 1.1, am 38. Kinda worried I don't hv much eggs for retrieval
Btw, congrats dear... Happy to hear ur good news

Last edited:
Errrrrr.... I actually do not know. Like I said, I blur blur went for every consultation at clinic D, before they transferred me to IVF Centre, then blur blur went for every scan and I usually met the same 2 doc who are very stern and don't like to explain much after the scan.

Hi NgYL, congrats to you.im new to this topic and glad to hear of success story like yours. Do you mind if I ask what's your age?

Im going to ask the silliest qns. Yday I went for mY 1st scan on D2 menses. So im given jabs to tk for 1 wk & was ordered to go back for a scan next wed. My qns is, why cant I go on thurs or Tue? Because I have an event at work that im in charge of & now I cant be there, I think my boss isnt gng to b v happy abt it...

I tried asking the nurse to shift but she said cannot..

Of course they can but I think they are just being rigid. To them, slight changes mean administrative work. I mean yes that ART needs to be on close monitoring but I feel flexibility for one/two days can be arranged. Govt hospital?

Sometimes ignorance is a bliss.
Some friends told me FET has better chance. Let's see for me la.

Haha yah, 懵懂无知过一生! Indeed less stress for FET. I only went for 2 scans and dr asked me to do ovulation test at home. Once tested positive, they arranged to culture the embryos...

Hi NgYL, congrats to you.im new to this topic and glad to hear of success story like yours. Do you mind if I ask what's your age?

Thanks bbfanatic! I'm 42 this year.

Spoken to dr loh, he strongly recommend to use my own eggs however if will to consider eggs donors, can only go jb which will cost more than $23k. Thailand no longer allows? I am retrieving historical reports from kk, hope it is sufficient for review? I read with interest on saizen. Where to get this and how much? I was asked to buy dhea n Q10 online

From what I've heard yes for egg donor at our neighbour it will cost "a couple of times more" than our ivf here.

Saizen is prescribed by doc. A jab. Can't remember how much though. But can be paid by medisave.

Dun think kk will give us this kind of jabs? Sny idea if ivf at oversea but via Thomson medical can claim medisave?

From what I've heard yes for egg donor at our neighbour it will cost "a couple of times more" than our ivf here.

Saizen is prescribed by doc. A jab. Can't remember how much though. But can be paid by medisave.
redvel, saizen is to improve egg quality? sorry if i hv overlooked on this;) is this jab done by the doc? when it has to be inject?

Dun think kk will give us this kind of jabs? Sny idea if ivf at oversea but via Thomson medical can claim medisave?
I was given saizen by kkh during my 2nd ivf.

Ain't sure about your 2nd question. But I'm guessing answer is no.

redvel, saizen is to improve egg quality? sorry if i hv overlooked on this;) is this jab done by the doc? when it has to be inject?
Yes it's supposedly to be doing that.

Depends on how's the dosage and what the doc does for you....I read someone has her saizen starting month before ivf starts. For me, I had it together with my stim jab daily. Meaning I had 2 jabs a day from D2 all the way till doc asked me to stop couple of days before ER.

not everyone will be prescribed saizen. From what I experienced and reading from others, it's never prescribed the 1st round of ivf. It's a growth hormones so you probably don't need it if you respond well to perhaps menopur or puregon.
It's worth asking. Had I gone for my 2nd round of ivf at kkh, the doctor said that I would have saizen and gonal f. I never had these for my round 1. I had puregon but didn't have many mature follicles.

Hello ladies, got an update from kkivf centre nurse today. Kkivf will stop taking 'orders' for menses d1 falling on 28 nov. Will resume taking orders from 29 dec.

Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

After being in and out for this forum for almost 2 years.. I think this time is really goodbye from me..
Done 3 fresh cycles, no frozen embies..

Wonder if I will ever get to be a mum..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon!
Don't gave up yet. You will get there. Xoxo

For my case saizen doesn't have much effect on quantity. But i think my numbers are acceptable (both fresh yield abt the same number, with or without saizen).
I'm just keeping fingers crossed that saizen does help in quality and indirectly helps to culture my 5 d2 into more blasto.

Haha yah, 懵懂无知过一生! Indeed less stress for FET. I only went for 2 scans and dr asked me to do ovulation test at home. Once tested positive, they arranged to culture the embryos...

Thanks bbfanatic! I'm 42 this year.
Hi NgYL, thanks for reply. Enjoy every single minute of yr pregnancy and look forward to motherhood! I wish all of us in this thread can also realize this dream one day!

Work stress can be disturbing n affecting the cycle. Yeah have to manage work stress in order for IVF to work well.

So sian ..got a subordinate whom always forget to do tins n can come up with excuses like she never recieve the email that i send. I think is full of craps. So many times I have to wrap up remedy actions for her including being scolded by customers n boss. How much can we monitor as supervisors ? Do you ladies have such problem?

Jus to add this staff is not new n been working for 5 years.how can be so careless ?

Anyone has weak Qi as per your sinseh?

I do have and I've started dry brushing for weeks and I see improvement (it will improve our Qi). Just sharing and wondering anyone does that.

Anyone has weak Qi as per your sinseh?

I do have and I've started dry brushing for weeks and I see improvement (it will improve our Qi). Just sharing and wondering anyone does that.
Hi redvel thanks for sharing. I would.like to try skin brushing, seems they have many good benefit. Where can i buy a good skin brush?

I feel it has done me good in the digestion department. My sinseh used to ask me “got do big business everyday or not?”. So far all sinsehs I’ve visited always ask me the same thing. So in TCM aspect, it’s important to have smooth bowel habit. I suffered constipation problem but lately it has been improved.

And yes many other benefits:)

I got my brush from Watsons at $7plus I think. I think Muji also has though more expensive. I feel better to get those with a handle. Easier to work around the body.

Straw, I also do the recommended hot and cold shower after that to further stimulate the circulation. And in the morning, I drink one big warm glass of lemon water. Haa I do a few new things past weeks la. Hopefully just to improve health and well being at least.

1st of all, jia you for all the sister here. this is a tough journey but we are doing something we do not want to make ourselves regret one day regardless what the end result, at least we tried!!
Please do not give too much stress to yourself, I have to learn to let go as failure keep come to me even how hard i tried, I know everything happen for a reason and I do not want to ask why anymore. Sometime, there is a feeling in my heart telling me to give up, yet there is another energy to motivate me try again. I will still try and hope the dream come true day, gambate for all the sister here, you girls are great and strong, big hug to u girls!!

redvel, you are right that dry brushing and cold hot shower is good for us :) cold hot shower will increase our immune system, dry brushing will make our lymphatic smooth and increase blood circulation. Just a kind reminder for those doing dry brushing, the brush must be natural and not hurt our skin. Jia you oh!

Yes please read more for those who want to start dry brushing. There are pointers to note.

Purplerainbow, live each day like we deserve it. Tomorrow will make out by itself :)

Anyone on lucrin as trigger shot due to risk of OHSS instead of hcg trigger shot and did a fresh transfer and ended up with a positive?

Anyone on lucrin as trigger shot due to risk of OHSS instead of hcg trigger shot and did a fresh transfer and ended up with a positive?

Hey sisters, would u be concerned if ur hub morphology is 4%, just within the normal range? This means just 4% of his soldiers are normal huh? Somewhat concerned cos hub n I both 38 so higher risks of chromosomal defects leh

Surely not a concern. My hubby is early 30s and his morphology is just 1 percent. Every time a man let go, it's like 300 million sperms? 1% is 3 million normal soldiers! Especially in ivf it's totally not a concern at all.

Hallo, sisters..
I am back here after 3 years.. Have a daughter after a natural fet & planning to collect my remaining 2 snow babies.. Praying that they survive thaw..

Can anyone share how does a medicated fet with kkh work? & any other things to take note? Any information would b much appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

1st of all, jia you for all the sister here. this is a tough journey but we are doing something we do not want to make ourselves regret one day regardless what the end result, at least we tried!!
Please do not give too much stress to yourself, I have to learn to let go as failure keep come to me even how hard i tried, I know everything happen for a reason and I do not want to ask why anymore. Sometime, there is a feeling in my heart telling me to give up, yet there is another energy to motivate me try again. I will still try and hope the dream come true day, gambate for all the sister here, you girls are great and strong, big hug to u girls!!

redvel, you are right that dry brushing and cold hot shower is good for us :) cold hot shower will increase our immune system, dry brushing will make our lymphatic smooth and increase blood circulation. Just a kind reminder for those doing dry brushing, the brush must be natural and not hurt our skin. Jia you oh!
I same as u,1 energy tells me to keep going. 1 energy ask me to give up. My hubby doesnt really stressed abt it,his mentality is have or dun have never mind,he just go with my flow. I think if i give up,he more than happy lol,as there will be no more tcm medicine n visit to kkh for e list of items that needs him to be done. But i know deep inside,he hopes to have a bb.

n yes, work is getting on my nerves. The boss keepz loading with more items. But cant blame him,he didnt know i am doing art as i didnt tell anyone abt my secret mission to e co.

Anyway,lets keep going in wat we hoped for,until e day we won!(yeah) or surrender due to watever reasons and call it a day. Just try our best. At least we tried. :)

Last edited:
Hi Connie, totally understand your feeling,hugs. this is the journey between m and hubby only, we do not tell any friends or family too. my hubby thinking is totally same with ur hubby haha..they are follow our decision.i believe couple who go through this journey together, our relationship will be more strong cos our hubby know how much we suffer.

I dunno is 麻木already or what, the last failure I no cry at all, maybe tear already used up haha...or I become cruel already hahaa..anyway, hope our dream come true very very soon ya!

if u feel work wise give u lot stress, if financially can support, can consider to take a break 1st, concentrate on B project.

Good morning and feeling happy Tgif mood. =)

Same same..hubby is very relaxed about this ttc which is surely good for us. Imagine we both always wanna chiong then quite tensed up right? Haha.

Argh I can't wait for next Tue for my first FET scan!

Hi ladies,

I'm relatively new here. I'm still deciding whether to go into IVF or not. My current situation is both fallopian tubes blocked and hubby got low sperm count. Doctor at Raffles Hopsital suggest us to skip IUI in all and straight into IVF. She recommended me to go look for Dr Tan HH at KKH.

Details here:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ttc-with-blocked-fallopian-tubes.129371/

The doctor mentioned that there is short protocol and long protocol, and advise me to go for the short protocol procedure. Even after reading the brochure, I'm still quite confused and am not sure what is going on. Can somebody here care to explain them to me in simple terms? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi. If both tubes blocked and can't be surgically unblocked, the only way is ivf yes. Don't need to consider iui.

Long protocol is basically a longer process. You start some medication a month before the actual embie transfer cycle. My doc says short or long not much difference on patients. I've been on short.

But in simple terms, just have faith with your doc and go with the flow.

Hi Connie, totally understand your feeling,hugs. this is the journey between m and hubby only, we do not tell any friends or family too. my hubby thinking is totally same with ur hubby haha..they are follow our decision.i believe couple who go through this journey together, our relationship will be more strong cos our hubby know how much we suffer.

I dunno is 麻木already or what, the last failure I no cry at all, maybe tear already used up haha...or I become cruel already hahaa..anyway, hope our dream come true very very soon ya!

if u feel work wise give u lot stress, if financially can support, can consider to take a break 1st, concentrate on B project.
Got consider quit job to do ivf. But then hesitated as doc says chances of success for me n hubby is low. So thinking maybi more practical to work but go on leave to do this art project rather than quit. Need to patch e $ damage from 1st private ivf :(. For my boss,i just chose to selectively filter the least imp tasks. As he is forgetful ,sometimes he forgets e thgs that he told me. Lol. Have a good long weekend all! :)

Last edited:
Thanks redvel for the explanation.

How's the IVF procedure like for the short protocol? How often is the visit to the hospital? I heard that it's a very painful process...but ain't sure how it's like exactly...

Day 2 or 3 of your cycle you will start jabbing yourself. Scans typically 2x a week (can be 3). Once your egg sizes are mature, stop all self jab but take one last trigger jab to release your eggs via surgery which you will be scheduled for. Just a short procedure where doc just takes 15mins to suck out your eggs. Same day your man will have to give his soldier sample. The rest let the lab take care of the fertilisation and you will return to the hospital few days later to have the embryo transfer done. Transfer procedure is like a mini version of a papsmear.

Physically, to me, there's nothing painful about ivf. It's the emotional and psychological part that's more challenging to manage.

Dr Tan is a good one so I've heard. You're in safe hands.

Does anyone have advice on whether natural fet or medicated fet is better? How long should I wait after a failed fresh egg transfer before starting on the fet?

Does anyone have advice on whether natural fet or medicated fet is better? How long should I wait after a failed fresh egg transfer before starting on the fet?

Back