2WW - for those TTC-ing

some people even tell me... so pregg announce less than 3mth preg, end up MC....:eek:
*aiyo.......

I don't believe it's the effect of announcing it that causes the miscarriage. Common sense tells me it's because first trimester is a "fragile" stage where one will MC easily so people start believing that by announcing it, it may will jinx the pregnancy thus MC ba? Really depends on how you look at it.

If you’re not pantang, all these sound nonsensus surely. So it’s up to you to practice or not. It’s a matter of “play safe” for most people.

Me being Asian, I still will not step over joss paper offerings during 7th month. Or I will pay a small token of coin if I need to “borrow” a sanitary pad from a colleague. Etc. So if you practice all these, we still carry some sort of panting belief.

This means I will not announce my pregnancy during 1st trime, except my loved ones and boss if need be. But you’re not supposed to deny if someone asks. My MIL advices me not to tell everyone as some babies are “gao-zeh”. So keep low profile.

If one does not believe such, we should still respect the rest who practice so.
Yup.. I agree... I do practice some also... its better to be safe than sorry....
:)

Wow happy birthday pixie and pat !

my bday is on sunday! the 5th! and hb's is on the 4th :D
wow did you guys meet while celebrating birthdays together? hehe... coz i know a couple who got together partly because of that! hehe
So many oct babies!! My family of 6, 3 are oct babies. Happy birthday in advance!
yay many many oct!! shows that end of year holiday really helps in reproductivity... hehe... but i didn't really enjoy oct birthdays when younger... always exam period!!

check with you ladies... after found out pregg /BFP, there is this saying for 3 months cannot let people know... including family?
I thought suppose to inform people around you, so that they can be extra careful "handling" you...
some pple avoid tt because pantang... but there can be practical reasons too, coz first 3 months is unstable, so some people prefer not to give false hopes to family until confirmed stable...
i personally think immed family is essential for me coz i stay with parents/in-laws, so diet in first 3mths is very impt and they need to know the changes in diet restrictions and need for tonic.... but if you stay on your own and have control over your own diet and lifestyle, then it's really up to you to decide when and whom you want to announce to...

some pple avoid tt because pantang... but there can be practical reasons too, coz first 3 months is unstable, so some people prefer not to give false hopes to family until confirmed stable...
i personally think immed family is essential for me coz i stay with parents/in-laws, so diet in first 3mths is very impt and they need to know the changes in diet restrictions and need for tonic.... but if you stay on your own and have control over your own diet and lifestyle, then it's really up to you to decide when and whom you want to announce to...

Thanks doodoo...

I have the same sentiments... I feel that for the family to know about the preg things (from the beginning) so that they know why there is a change in diet and of course... support and advice.
the 1st 3months I understand is consider unstable... maybe to friends and relatives.. after 3 mth then announce better..

wow did you guys meet while celebrating birthdays together? hehe... coz i know a couple who got together partly because of that! hehe

yay many many oct!! shows that end of year holiday really helps in reproductivity... hehe... but i didn't really enjoy oct birthdays when younger... always exam period!!
nope, didnt meet him thru a bday celebration..he was my JC Orientation group mate :p

my PIL knew abt it a few days after i tested. hb's grandma didnt know abt it till after 3 mths tho we eat at her place 3x a week. no diet restrictions and tonics. just that i didnt need to do the laundry anymore

btw i didnt go round telling everyone including the relatives until after my oscar. don't see the need to go round telling the whole world and if sth happens it saves me the heartache and trouble of having to repeat the same old story like a broken record. not so much of being pantang or sth... as it is some of my friends do not know and my suspicion is not all the relatives know also.

check with you ladies... after found out pregg /BFP, there is this saying for 3 months cannot let people know... including family?
I thought suppose to inform people around you, so that they can be extra careful "handling" you...
Role ur close family especially those who prepare ur meals

I will keep it till 1st trim is over.. Mayb will inform my mother cos she will cook whenever we go back home :) .. The rest ppl will know when see bb bump... I wun be going around telling ppl that I'm pregnant...
Perhaps I'm pantang but it's still up to your preference...

For in law I hv no intention to tell till bb is born cos I see no reason to inform cos we do not stay together n neither did we visit them freq, even inform I dun think they will do something or wat perhaps jus spread round their side...

I told my imm family and close frens when i gt preg. Slowly when pp ask then I jus tell i wont lie.. no ask i jus biz as usual. I announced when i pass my 1st tri.

hi ppl

Is anyone aware that ban choon chan at Marina Parade open on this coming monday, 6th Oct? Try calling them but line is always engaged... :(

Hi Kelle_lee, they are closed every Mon, Tue and PH
Opening hours:
Wed to Fri 8.30am-1.30pm
Sat 8.30am-3pm
Sun 8.30am-12pm

Are you going for your first visit soon?

Hi
For those who are taking blackmores conceive gold, do you still take folic acid? I am worried because the folic amount very little in conceive gold. Thanks.

Hi Piggling... I never take BBT..... so I think for my case, if AF no visit I go n test...
just curious, the preg test kit... is it 1 usage per box? what brand ?

You can buy those cheap test strips, that will be cheaper. If you suspect, just use cheap de, if got any faint lines then use better brands to confirm. :)
Think Watson de got 1 usage per box but many people said Watson brand not so sensitive.
I bought Clearblue de online then got 3 in a box.
I think BBT really help me save money, v long don't need buy test kit le.

Hi
For those who are taking blackmores conceive gold, do you still take folic acid? I am worried because the folic amount very little in conceive gold. Thanks.

Yah, like v little right?
I see the measurements, abit confused but like v little. But when I taking conceive well, I don't take folic acid.
I think this will be my last box of conceive well liao. I already take like don't 6-7 boxes? Still no news, don't need waste money liao. hahaha.
But I never take continuously, sometimes I got stopped awhile.

Hi
I used to take CW. I didn't couple it with extra folic because we actually need very little folic. I only take more when doing ivf (I stopped CW already many months ago).

You can buy those cheap test strips, that will be cheaper. If you suspect, just use cheap de, if got any faint lines then use better brands to confirm. :)
Think Watson de got 1 usage per box but many people said Watson brand not so sensitive.
I bought Clearblue de online then got 3 in a box.
I think BBT really help me save money, v long don't need buy test kit le.

this is my first month of ttc... i just got married 3 weeks back .. my hubby and I had discussed on family planning straightaway as both of us are not young anymore.
So it happened that we bd a few times on our "fertile" week.... no BBT, Ova kit etc... totally in trying luck and more of "experiment"
being newly wed and very new in "baby making" process... we are pretty clueless on a lot of stuffs.. And I know more info now which i had picked /learn from all the kind ladies here.
I know for me being the first cycle of trying, wont be able to feel exactly for those here who are trying for many many times and years even....but i wish to give my support and who knows... i might be trying for months after months from now...
AF is due in 3 days... with mixed emotion (hopeful, excitement, fear ..etc )
I am wondering .. do i have the chance to buy a preg test kit... or AF will jump the queue...:rolleyes:

this is my first month of ttc... i just got married 3 weeks back .. my hubby and I had discussed on family planning straightaway as both of us are not young anymore.
So it happened that we bd a few times on our "fertile" week.... no BBT, Ova kit etc... totally in trying luck and more of "experiment"
being newly wed and very new in "baby making" process... we are pretty clueless on a lot of stuffs.. And I know more info now which i had picked /learn from all the kind ladies here.
I know for me being the first cycle of trying, wont be able to feel exactly for those here who are trying for many many times and years even....but i wish to give my support and who knows... i might be trying for months after months from now...
I am wondering .. do i have the chance to buy a preg test kit... or AF will jump the queue...:rolleyes:
congrats on your marriage, and welcome to the world of TTC! :)

No Red yet.. but tummy feels weird.
Getting dumber these days... is it true that if af coming then you wont hav C-mucus?

It depends i feel.. different body hv different reaction... but well anway jus hope ur af will stay away frm u for e next 9 mthss :)

Anyone is their 2ww or waitin to test?

Lets keep our mind relax durin 2ww... enjoy to e fullest for this long weekend..

Im now on my way home after doin my duty at the event...

Dunno wat to eat for lunch..

Wats u all havin for lunch?

welcome to ttc!

Yah, like v little right?
I see the measurements, abit confused but like v little. But when I taking conceive well, I don't take folic acid.
I think this will be my last box of conceive well liao. I already take like don't 6-7 boxes? Still no news, don't need waste money liao. hahaha.
But I never take continuously, sometimes I got stopped awhile.

I don't think excessive folic acid has side effects.. so I think take on top of blackmores should b ok?
Hmm, how about just taking normal multi vits and up on the folic acid?

Congrats on ur wed n Welcome to tcc journey... dun stress urself.. jus tk it naturally n do it with no stress... hope ur af wun report in e next 9mths.. :)

I think it is a good move to start ttc-ing straightaway! At least if you require any help, you can also discover it early.
I wish I had started immediately.. LOL.. I waited for a year then after that did not follow OPK etc for awhile and wasted some more time. Haiz..
I sincerely hope for you that you don't have to try for months and months...
To me, it is torturous... I just wish the torture can end soon...
Fingers crossed for everyone here.

No Red yet.. but tummy feels weird.
Getting dumber these days... is it true that if af coming then you wont hav C-mucus?

Trying to.. very hard... talking to my tummy in silence... wahahahahahaha

Try to stay optimistic.. Think stress can makes your uterus contract too, which is bad.
Sometimes during 2ww, when I am very stressed, I can literally feel my bottom half like tighter and stomach will like pain.. I think this is really not good.
Hopefully you 'receive' good news over this long weekend and spread baby dust to all of us here!

I think it is a good move to start ttc-ing straightaway! At least if you require any help, you can also discover it early.
I wish I had started immediately.. LOL.. I waited for a year then after that did not follow OPK etc for awhile and wasted some more time. Haiz..
I sincerely hope for you that you don't have to try for months and months...
To me, it is torturous... I just wish the torture can end soon...
Fingers crossed for everyone here.

Piggling.... its not easy... and wish the torture will end soon..
keeping my fingers crossed for you too...

meanwhile enjoy the long weekend which is coming our way :D

Piggling.... its not easy... and wish the torture will end soon..
keeping my fingers crossed for you too...

meanwhile enjoy the long weekend which is coming our way :D

You too, pinkylove! :)
Enjoy your long weekend and BD more!
Hopefully with the year coming to an end, most of here will feel more relax and more of us can graduate into the mummies club.

I don't think excessive folic acid has side effects.. so I think take on top of blackmores should b ok?
Hmm, how about just taking normal multi vits and up on the folic acid?

Now I wonder if maybe I should take conceive well plus folic?
But I think I will stop conceive well after this box... just doesn't work for me. :(
How is your beanie, darbi? :)

But I think I will stop conceive well after this box... just doesn't work for me. :(

I heard very different reviews for conceive well. Works for some, may not for others. It's ok you can try other multi vits.. I think its jus difference in components of vits that's all.

My beanie is growing well. I'm expecting a boy! Found out last Friday during my 16th wk. Still having some anxiety on days cos some forum ladies can feel their beanie move by now and I don't think I have experienced it yet (or I can't tell at all.. haha).

I'm hoping more ladies graduate from here and join me. All of us who tried so hard and so long really deserve to experience this special 9 months!

I heard very different reviews for conceive well. Works for some, may not for others. It's ok you can try other multi vits.. I think its jus difference in components of vits that's all.

My beanie is growing well. I'm expecting a boy! Found out last Friday during my 16th wk. Still having some anxiety on days cos some forum ladies can feel their beanie move by now and I don't think I have experienced it yet (or I can't tell at all.. haha).

I'm hoping more ladies graduate from here and join me. All of us who tried so hard and so long really deserve to experience this special 9 months!

That's good, darbi! Am happy for you!
Don't worry about the movements, I am sure you will feel it soon too. :)

Yah, I hope I will graduate soon too... Hopefully all of us here will soon.
Looking forward to the day...

I logged in for a "breather" a while. I really felt stressed out during the past 3 days.... Wish everyone a wonderful long weekend!! Anyone going on a short trip & BDing?

Hey how many weeks are u now? I didnt feel really feel my princess moving until very recently acty, abt wk 19/ 20 acty. Now...wk 22 , and i can "play" with her. she kicks -> i tap my belly -> she kicks again -> repeat process.

Yesterday test bfn. Today still no spotting or anything. Tml will test again. Somehow all signs are telling mi this is it. But very scare i get disappointed

Hey piggling,
Same here. Think this will be my last box of conceive well too. Do you think we should take folic plus conceive well? The pharmacist told me to take folic and conceive well on alternate days wor. Guess this will also be my last month to take clomid as I have taken it for 3 cycles including this month. Haiz, I feel really lousy since AF reported 2 days ago. Looks like TCM can't help me also. Have done acu for 3 months already.

Fingers crossed that AF no show from now till tomorrow morning. Tml should be my AF day 1. Had spotting on DPO12 and today is gone.

I used to take CW. I didn't couple it with extra folic because we actually need very little folic. I only take more when doing ivf (I stopped CW already many months ago).
Redvel, ya. This shall be my last box as I don't feel it helps me. Haha I don't know what can help me get bfp. Work is killing me. Sometimes want a new working environment. Maybe new environment, easier to bfp.

Oceandeep not sure if I should credit CW but my first bfp i was on CW. After that like no effect already. Moreover I find CW is quite expensive. I find if CW didn't work for you like 4-5mths then can consider to change.

Hey how many weeks are u now? I didnt feel really feel my princess moving until very recently acty, abt wk 19/ 20 acty. Now...wk 22 , and i can "play" with her. she kicks -> i tap my belly -> she kicks again -> repeat process.

Hee so cute one!! I'm 17weeks now... i'm wondering if my coughing or sneezing scares the bb. Hurhur

Hey piggling,
Same here. Think this will be my last box of conceive well too. Do you think we should take folic plus conceive well? The pharmacist told me to take folic and conceive well on alternate days wor. Guess this will also be my last month to take clomid as I have taken it for 3 cycles including this month. Haiz, I feel really lousy since AF reported 2 days ago. Looks like TCM can't help me also. Have done acu for 3 months already.

Hi oceandeep, I don't know too. I thinking to stop everything then just folic acid n relax. I also dilemma abt TCM, somehow it seems to help me but gives me diarrhoea (i suspect). I really dont know what to do.. Haha.

Back