Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Sistas,

I was just cfm by Dr that my embryo arrested n stop growing last sat. Suppose to schedule D&C this week but this morning started cramping n 1 hour ago while i was out buying confinement stuffs, i can feel something gush out... rch home n checked n its blood which stained my underwear n thigh. The cramping quite intense now n bleeding continuously. Can i know if this is start of miscarriage? Do i still need to schedule D&C? TIA.

Last edited:

Eeznyl,
The pain is awful. I know. Hang in there sis. Sometimes, you don't need a dnc. The gynae can do a check once the bleeding stopsusing the ultrasound to see if everything is out.

Eeznyl,
The pain is awful. I know. Hang in there sis. Sometimes, you don't need a dnc. The gynae can do a check once the bleeding stopsusing the ultrasound to see if everything is out.

Thanks chuckles... the cramp is bearable. Pass out some clots already. Hopefully can get everything out. Do i start my confinement tmr?

Eeznyl please see doc first. Don't start your confinement. You might not have cleared all out yet. You should only start the confinement once all has been cleared. Try to get more rest.

I pass out my sac already.... its abt 2cm big. The cramp subsided immediately. Feel so relieve now. Thinking back 3 weeks ago when i suddenly bleed profusely i pass some tissue out too but much much smaller oso greyish in colour... shld be the 1st twin i miscarried. Time to move on.

As much as i think the ordeal is unpleasant, i'm glad that it's passed out soon and not dragging too long for you.

Having said that, my blighted ovum sac was a size of a ping ping ball. Tmi but it didn't look like any normal blood clot. More to it. So I hope it's indeed passed out for you.

This friday have doc scan you then I think it will be a more definite closure ya. On the other hand, I suggest if possible, ask for early scan.

Its definitely the sac... i had a scan at another gynae last week n he show me my sac is abnormal shape... oval but with a tail at one end which looks like a tadpole. The sac that i pass out was exactly the same as my u/s pic... oval and with a tail. I hope next few days will pass out more tissues.

It's truly a blessing that the sac is passed out naturally (you didn't get to pop the pill right?). D&c is the last resort anyone wants to go through since it's very invasive, time factor aside.

God has his plan for you in this mc episode :)

It's truly a blessing that the sac is passed out naturally (you didn't get to pop the pill right?). D&c is the last resort anyone wants to go through since it's very invasive, time factor aside.

God has his plan for you in this mc episode :)

Thx redvel! I didnt pop the pills... i was seriously thinking of doing so after i failed to get any doctors today to arrange for my D&C.

Somehow i think there is really a plan in place for me. I intended to buy my confinement items tmr after i go kkh tmr morning to look for Dr Tan. But i just feel the urge to leave the hse in the afternoon to get the things first tho' i wasn't feeling well as i was already feeling some cramp.

The blood suddenly gush out while i was otw home after finish my shopping n i didnt wear a pad but luckily it didnt flow down my legs. I only started to bleed continuously after i rch hm shortly.

Im thankful its a relatively fast n easy miscarriage... couldn't ask for more after been thru "hell" past 3 weeks... the pregnancy was looking real gd till i suddenly started bleeding at 5th week, everyday rush to kkh O&G crying when the bleeding gets more or pass out clots till the Dr there ask me not to go anymore so i had to find another gynae... then both kkh n the private gynae cant find any heartbeat at 6th week n 7th week follow by the gynae telling me its a failed pregnancy as the sac is abnormal shape.

Im glad its over now... i actually burst out crying after i pass out the sac when the reality hits me... needed a gd cry to release all the pent up anxieties n stress i have endured n went thru. But i know i still gotta be prepared i might still have to go for D&C. Crossing my fingers for that.

And thank you for being there for me!

We are here for that purpose Eeznyl. The support we all the need. The good and the not so good ones.

I find we ladies are stronger than we think we are. You've further proven so.

Now get a good rest. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm happy for u eezynl. U can move on.

I'm back to work after my spotting episode ytd.

Wanted to schedule a D&C ytd but the doc still ask me to wait. Seriously I dunno why they wan to wait .
A scan at 8wks showing a bb at 6 weeks with no more heartbeat. Dun tell me waiting can cause heartbeat to return and bb will start growing....

The doc only ask me to go back to him if the bleeding episode starts and when painful. It's ridiculous.

I took urgent leave, spend $100 to see the doctor and all he ask me to do is to go back and wait. I'm feeling pissed!

Thx redvel! I didnt pop the pills... i was seriously thinking of doing so after i failed to get any doctors today to arrange for my D&C.

Somehow i think there is really a plan in place for me. I intended to buy my confinement items tmr after i go kkh tmr morning to look for Dr Tan. But i just feel the urge to leave the hse in the afternoon to get the things first tho' i wasn't feeling well as i was already feeling some cramp.

The blood suddenly gush out while i was otw home after finish my shopping n i didnt wear a pad but luckily it didnt flow down my legs. I only started to bleed continuously after i rch hm shortly.

Im thankful its a relatively fast n easy miscarriage... couldn't ask for more after been thru "hell" past 3 weeks... the pregnancy was looking real gd till i suddenly started bleeding at 5th week, everyday rush to kkh O&G crying when the bleeding gets more or pass out clots till the Dr there ask me not to go anymore so i had to find another gynae... then both kkh n the private gynae cant find any heartbeat at 6th week n 7th week follow by the gynae telling me its a failed pregnancy as the sac is abnormal shape.

Im glad its over now... i actually burst out crying after i pass out the sac when the reality hits me... needed a gd cry to release all the pent up anxieties n stress i have endured n went thru. But i know i still gotta be prepared i might still have to go for D&C. Crossing my fingers for that.

Hi,
You r a very strong girl! Have a good confinement after yr gynae confirmation. Rest for at least 2 weeks!

I'm happy for u eezynl. U can move on.

I'm back to work after my spotting episode ytd.

Wanted to schedule a D&C ytd but the doc still ask me to wait. Seriously I dunno why they wan to wait .
A scan at 8wks showing a bb at 6 weeks with no more heartbeat. Dun tell me waiting can cause heartbeat to return and bb will start growing....

The doc only ask me to go back to him if the bleeding episode starts and when painful. It's ridiculous.

Hi,

Perhaps yr gynae wants a natural mc for you. My 1st mc same like u, gynae gives mc to rest at home (after hcg confirm dropped). For 2 weeks, I was at home, 1st few days bleeding with hardly any cramps, then I proceed with my confinement (thinking mc process has completed). Then back to work after reviewed by gynae. But 3-4 days at work, I started feeling some cramps and uncomfortable at the vaginal area.
I went back to my gynae for checkup, then she suggest a D&C for me, she suspect I did not have a complete mc and maybe infection is setting in.

So ended up, I did another mini confinement after the surgery. Wasn't pleased with my gynae (even though she's quite well-known).

I switch to a 2nd gynae for my 2nd mc.
Also, confirmed by hcg had dropped. She gave me 3 options, option#1 to mc naturally which she dun recommends as I'm into 7-8 week. Option#2 where she inserts a pill and I will wait at home for mc to carry out with some medication. It can be painful with bad cramps. But she said there's a small possibility that mc maynot be complete. Option 3 is D&C.

I chose D&C as I do not wish history repeat itself. And I have consumed too many HL within a year. I just want to end the 2nd mc asap.

If u wants a fast closure, consider seeking a another gynae for 2nd opinion.

Hi eezenyl

U r very brave! Take lotsa rest n do herbal bath. I got the pack from hock hua meant for confinement... Then eat food w lotsa ginger .. Take care of ur health now as it goes a long way later.

tsf
Dont get so worked up, not good for health. Since already happen, just go with the flow. I also had similar experience and I didn't even go for post mc review. I take it as since no op,no pain, normal cycle resume, everything is ok. And proven so, no problem conceiving again and I also did not do confinement.

Natural mc is better, if not required why go through surgery and risk adhesions for d&c ? Some Drs prefer natural mc, and I also concur. As yours is early mc, still small enough to purge on its own, unless very suay then need d&c. Or if you have previous mc episode that your body cannot clean-up on its own like samnnana, then you can discuss with your Dr to go d&c, I'm sure he will not object.

At the meantime, resume your normal activity, try to take your mind off it.

redvel,
Just sharing my thoughts. If you do get pregnant again(I think many of us are waiting for good news), do consider Oscar as a first line. As harmony test, cannot detect physical defects and abnormalities of a foetus. Alot of problems, minor or major can be detected through scans too.

redvel,
Just sharing my thoughts. If you do get pregnant again(I think many of us are waiting for good news), do consider Oscar as a first line. As harmony test, cannot detect physical defects and abnormalities of a foetus. Alot of problems, minor or major can be detected through scans too.
Have to go for NT scan but blood test go for harmony test. Oscar not so accurate according to gynae also.

Tsf0205 did you discuss further with your doc on your preference and what did he say? Perhaps he has his good reasons and hope you had the chance to hear him out and then decide to stick with him and heed his or ask for 2nd opinion.

Thanks for the enlightenment on the Oscar. Will discuss with doc if one day bfp.
We spent on both oscar n harmony test cos blood test trisomy 21 on high risk. Gynae said the accuracy is low compared to harmony n i worry for both all in all for one mth lor. As for scan gynae can do for u also. That is from my experience. The killing part is waiting time n need to listen to 2 results 2 times really scary.

Oscar involve both NT scan and blood test. Can go for harmony test when your Oscar results is not favourable and your foetus have no physical defects, then go for harmony test to put your mind at ease. I think harmony test is something in-between.

If scan shows foetus have physical defects, I think your gynae will order a cvs or amnio, cos the results comes back faster and the test is more comprehensive. And if your harmony test shows positive for chromosome defects, your Dr will also order a amnio to confirm, cos by the time results comes back its too late for cvs. So doing Oscar just gives you more options earlier, until more advances in medical science.

Tsf0205 did you discuss further with your doc on your preference and what did he say? Perhaps he has his good reasons and hope you had the chance to hear him out and then decide to stick with him and heed his or ask for 2nd opinion.
I'll see dr tan again on Monday. Will ask again on his opinions... So far no cramps, nothing yet.... I prefer natural but scare too painful

Hey ladies, I had a bad dream last night..... dreamed that I have another miscarriage.... I am now worried that the next pregnancy will have the same result again.... :(:(:(

After keeping myself so positive all these while, this dream last night really spoils my mood.......

Dreams are just manifestation of what we think in the day. If all my dreams come true, I will be now sailing in the open sea in my own personal yacht plus a dozen of babies lugging with me. Hee. I think you worry too much Chew J

Tsf0205, hope all be well and Dr Tan will give more enlightenment to you on Monday.

Hi ladies, thanks! Silly me..... Yah, I am thinking too much! It's my sub-conscious that is playing tricks on me! Must focus on the positive things like my coming trip to Korea.... :)

Dreams are just manifestation of what we think in the day. If all my dreams come true, I will be now sailing in the open sea in my own personal yacht plus a dozen of babies lugging with me. Hee. I think you worry too much Chew J

Tsf0205, hope all be well and Dr Tan will give more enlightenment to you on Monday.
Hi redvel, so far I am still ok. Still spotting. Been spotting since mon...

Thanks god harmony test is back n is low risk. Really scare die me.
Hehe I am expecting bb girl.
Did detailed scan today at 18 weeks will do another detailed scan at 22 weeks at nuh. Next week need to go nuh do the scan cos gynae want to get 2nd opinion as there is one thing he want to make sure. Fingers crossed it is not what gynae mentioning wire that requiring to do key hole surgery as it got the risk of miscarriage. Fingers crossed :)

Hi, I am expecting bb girl too. Now at 23 wks+, just had my detail scan last week. Everything looks ok. Dr Sheila said the blood flow looks good on the report. my protein S dropped but still within range. So will be still on aspirin and clexane till delivery.

Sometimes early detail scan give us the worry, coz bb still developing..

Hi ladies, thanks! Silly me..... Yah, I am thinking too much! It's my sub-conscious that is playing tricks on me! Must focus on the positive things like my coming trip to Korea.... :)
U must "jia you" & dun think so much since u alr have done every test u should do.
Now u must think positive.

Hei, pretty sista
Just sharing my condition v u all, yesterday I went to doc Chen from glenegales & he wan me to have the blood test on E2,P4,LH,FSH,PROL & thyroid screen 9 & sperm cervical mucus test.
My hubby is testing on his sperm chromosome S-DNA.
Anyone have the idea on this, he sound like very seriously.
I'm worries so much but will calm to waiting for the report.

Hi, I am expecting bb girl too. Now at 23 wks+, just had my detail scan last week. Everything looks ok. Dr Sheila said the blood flow looks good on the report. my protein S dropped but still within range. So will be still on aspirin and clexane till delivery.

Sometimes early detail scan give us the worry, coz bb still developing..
Just had my another scan at nuh thanks god both sonographer n dr in charge said ok nth to worry.
I just did protein s test need to wait result for ard 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed :)
How come within the range u still need to take jab?

I mean within her acceptable range. haha my Protein S from 47 drop to 42 in 1 mth plus time. hahaha

You can call and check with NUH if the results are back earlier. I took my test last wed and got the results this Tuesday.

at 28 wk gonna see Dr Sheila again with another Protein S test results and full blood count.

I mean within her acceptable range. haha my Protein S from 47 drop to 42 in 1 mth plus time. hahaha

You can call and check with NUH if the results are back earlier. I took my test last wed and got the results this Tuesday.

at 28 wk gonna see Dr Sheila again with another Protein S test results and full blood count.
Oh no wonder she told me usually will drop but won't be like b4 taking jab drop like 50% down.

Oh usually clinic will follow-up and ask me to wait lor.

She told me she usually will ask to do some test 1st b4 every visit to c her.

Need advice here. I had D&C last Fri. According to my gynae, the bleeding should get lesser and should end by Day 10. So on Tue, the bleeding was heavy and stopped. But now, suddenly the bleeding just came again. Is it normal?

Hi all,
need help here, just started spotting, confirm misscarriage by Dr. yesterday. She gave me some medicines (cytotec) to wash out but i haven't take. So normally after spotting, how long will it take to naturally miscarriage? I am still in workplace. Shall I pop the pill or just wait? Was thinking to pop the pill on Friday and rest on weekend. About the mini confinement, is that do it once bleeding? or wait till bleeding stop then start 2 weeks confinement food? when shall i start 生化汤?1st day of bleeding? if i pop cytotec to wash out, do i still need to drink 生化汤? for those buddist, do you keep the sac?? and do 超度?i suppose bleeding take place in the toilet, so how do you go about it? how to do 超度?so sorry for so many questions, i am in the lost...:-( 

How many weeks are you mm? Sorry to hear that.

I really can't remember exact the timeline. But i suggest that if you're not taking leave for the next 2 days, then better pop the pill on friday.

should be 10 weeks but stop growing. Ya..will pop the pill on Friday.

Hi m_m..
Did your gyane suggest medicated or you chose this option ?
Your gynae didn't suggest d&c given the bb is 10 wks .
Just want to let you know according to my gynae baby more than 7 wks advisable for d&c given the size.
FYI.

Miracle, no..because bb stop develop ard 7 weeks, according to the scan size.. and i prefer not to go through D&C if possible..

Hi Ladies here...
Will like to check when your AF report after you D&C? Anyone encounter AF have not report?
I done my D&C on 8th Aug and was told will come AF will come around 3-6 weeks but till now already 7 weeks plus and my AF still no come.
I have since the Dr at KKH and they give me the pill to make my AF come.

m_m, I think 7 weeks should be ok for natural MC. Are you still spotting or bleeding already? I believe it was about a week later since I started spotting that my sac was passed out.

Pupnui, I believe it really depends on individual and since doc prescribes you the pill then you may just go ahead to pop in if you are not comfortable to wait further. I was told by my doc it will turn up within 8 weeks or so. Mine came before that.

m_m, I cant really remember the exact spotting day to full flow, but roughly 6-7dy for myself, but still depend on individual. just be prepared it will happen quite sudden when the full flow coming. I remember I just reach home after back from work, feel the cramp and start full flow bleeding, I almost spend time sitting in the toilet,can feel the bleed is continuously and can feel the sac is passing out. Get ready more longer pad with you in case it happen when you are in your work place. Take care ok.

Thank you all for the info.. Ya... Will just let the nature take it course...will be resting through this weekend.. Thanks all...

Actually i do not think dnc will affect the womb. Infact some gynae recommend this as a fertility treatment. My mil went through this when she has prob conceiving in the early days. Many is telling me, dnc cleaned up our womb. So far most of my frens whom have went through this ops due to mc conceive again n again... haha

Hi Ladies here...
Will like to check when your AF report after you D&C? Anyone encounter AF have not report?
I done my D&C on 8th Aug and was told will come AF will come around 3-6 weeks but till now already 7 weeks plus and my AF still no come.
I have since the Dr at KKH and they give me the pill to make my AF come.

Has your af reported? Mine came after 6wks. Yes i took such pills before. Best to have it come soon so your hcg will return to normal.

Back