(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mommies,
My current boss, he found out my ex colleague was pregnant and started picking on her. Everyone knows that he doesn't want to give her maternity leave.

I'm currently working in a bar from 11am - 1am so it's not a very good environment too ;(

mommymich, it sounds like a sticky situation for you.. that's more than 12 hours of work a day! can negotiate for earlier knock-off time? otherwise, have to consider whether you can find a more desk-bound office job or possible to just quit completely and focus on resting at home.

Hi mommies,
My current boss, he found out my ex colleague was pregnant and started picking on her. Everyone knows that he doesn't want to give her maternity leave.

I'm currently working in a bar from 11am - 1am so it's not a very good environment too ;(
Hi mommymich, I think you can try to find another job which is more secure for you and your baby too, such as data entry, admin job, etc. It would be better if you talk with your potential employer about your current situation and just be frank that you are pregnant now. Some company might not accept you, but it is better for them to know earlier before they hired you. Otherwise, they might think that you are not honest and then later try to kick you out or ask you to leave the company. If you are lucky enough, I think there will be some company who is willing to hire you as long as you are willing to work hard. Wish you luck n all the best.

that's very close gap for your kids! must have been tough during the earlier years huh?
starrymommy, you also super mom liao..... I cannot even imagine how you tackle ur 2 kids plus one in ur tummy now.
I even worried I cannot tackle my own baby later. I just enjoying my 二人世界 now and think later ..... lols

mylilsheep, I have my mum and helper to help me! quite lucky in a way.. and they are both in CC so really not much issue on weekdays. weekends are a different story, especially when helper goes for her day off. it will be just hubby and me handling 2.

you will be able to handle when the time comes! don't think so much first.. just enjoy, go eat at fine restaurants, watch movies, go on staycations or splurge on a babymoon etc!

Yes very stressful environment. I am in sales so need to look at sales target and such. I need to travel quite a bit but now trying to cut down.

Speaking of travel. I used to be in the travel trade. To all mummies out there, though doctor can tell you its safe to travel during some period of travelling, but my opinion is don't travel unless necessary. I have known of cases where travel is really detrimental. Of course, by travel i meant air travel.

BubsandBloms, I thought from 2nd tri onwards should be okay? as long as it is a normal pregnancy with no bleeding, cramping or what. see a lot of my friends travelling during their 2nd tri, but mostly to nearby countries, no long haul flights.

Speaking of travel. I used to be in the travel trade. To all mummies out there, though doctor can tell you its safe to travel during some period of travelling, but my opinion is don't travel unless necessary. I have known of cases where travel is really detrimental. Of course, by travel i meant air travel.
Is it okay to travel during early stages? cos i am actually flying to Phuket this friday and BKK end of the month..

My gynae already give warning to me not to travelling during first trimester. Then I also asked then when I can go travelling again. He said after my first trimesters up to week 32 usually would be ok. Actually I just wondering why they do not allowed travelling? Is it because we will not have easy access to see gynae or what?

BubsandBloms, I thought from 2nd tri onwards should be okay? as long as it is a normal pregnancy with no bleeding, cramping or what. see a lot of my friends travelling during their 2nd tri, but mostly to nearby countries, no long haul flights.
For short haul and if it is holiday then its fine. But for work better avoid if possible. Long haul not so good cos you are exposed to radiation.

For short haul and if it is holiday then its fine. But for work better avoid if possible. Long haul not so good cos you are exposed to radiation.

Yup. The point here is, it's very subjective as each mummy health condition is different.
But i guess if it's short and holiday, plus the fact that it's once in a long while, no problem.
Of course, make sure the gynae certifies the go ahead for you.

Is it okay to travel during early stages? cos i am actually flying to Phuket this friday and BKK end of the month..

You travel often? If it's often, I would recommend not to.

Yea, usually it is ok.

Well for my first one, I travelled to Europe towards end of first tri. I did get the all clear from dr, so I guess you can check with your gynae too

Ya I'm like stuck everywhere and I'm very worried. Especially being single parent, I guess I just have to work extra hard :(

mommymich, you will be a supermum! it takes immense courage to come to the decision of keeping the baby and be a single mum. do you have any family support? and your boyfriend, is he willing to help with the expenses especially in the beginning stage?

i grounded myself cos the first one did not grow. then i had another one that i realize 5 days before my melbourne trip and the doc say can go, then i go, but in melbourne, it was gone. so when i came bk and see the gynae, he say is probably chemical pregnancy. but many may blame me for stubborn n go ahead with the trip. so i decided to ground myself until i give birth to 1 safely. so i hope this one everything is ok lo. else kena blame forever le.

mommymich, you will be a supermum! it takes immense courage to come to the decision of keeping the baby and be a single mum. do you have any family support? and your boyfriend, is he willing to help with the expenses especially in the beginning stage?

I'm not staying with my parents anymore but I'm still In contact with my mom. I guess she will help me when I need her. But I don't want to burden her either

My boyfriend ? He is totally choosin abortion for the child and that is why I'm not willing to let him pay a single cent for the baby
I don't want him to feel the baby owe him anything .

Am I making the wrong decisions ?

I am supposed to be 5-7 weeks pregnant (still quite unsure how to calculate) . I have no symptoms except for breast and nipples sore plus cramps for the first few weeks.

This morning, i got spotting in my undies. One drop of blood spotted.

Should i be of concern?

First time mum to be. So abit worried.

Last edited:
I'm not staying with my parents anymore but I'm still In contact with my mom. I guess she will help me when I need her. But I don't want to burden her either

My boyfriend ? He is totally choosin abortion for the child and that is why I'm not willing to let him pay a single cent for the baby
I don't want him to feel the baby owe him anything .

Am I making the wrong decisions ?
i can only say u r a very very brave mum. m sure your kid will b very proud of u when he grow up. There is no wrong decisions. once u made the decision and then follow it.

parents will never forsaken their kids. even if they make mistakes. =)

I am supposed to be 5-7 weeks pregnant (still quite unsure how to calculate) . I have no symptoms except for breast and nipples sore plus cramps for the first few weeks.

This morning, i got spotting in my undies. One drop of blood spotted.

Should i be of concern?

First time mum to be. So abit worried.
BubsandBloms, have you go to see gynae after you found yourself pregnant? I suggest you go and see gynae immediately and check.

BubsandBloms, have you go to see gynae after you found yourself pregnant? I suggest you go and see gynae immediately and check.

I already made my appointment to see gynae. But it's 2 weeks from now. No slots before that.

The spotting already ended though. :(
This is the first and only time i spot spotting.

Last edited:
I already made my appointment to see gynae. But it's 2 weeks from now. No slots before that.

Don't worry too much. Spotting is quite normal. I also had spotting earlier for almost 3 weeks. Just monitor. Hope all will be well

Wow! 5th child.. Definitely one of the most experienced mummy here!

Even though this is my 5th one, I still learning how to be a better mummy. Once they are pri sch going kids, different set of problems will occur and I have to learn how to deal with them individually. It is a life long learning journey.

i can only say u r a very very brave mum. m sure your kid will b very proud of u when he grow up. There is no wrong decisions. once u made the decision and then follow it.

parents will never forsaken their kids. even if they make mistakes. =)
Thanks mommy :)
I'm just worried that my kid will grow up to hate me for not being able to give him a better life :(

Hi mommy,
My LMP was 11 August
I spotted on 11 sept and 13 sept . And stopped

After that I'm okay :) if there's no cramps doc say it's fine :)

Thanks mommy :)
I'm just worried that my kid will grow up to hate me for not being able to give him a better life :(
It is all about up bringing my dear. He will understand and know the pain, struggle you have to bring him up single handedly. So don't worry too much and enjoy your pregnancy now.

that's very close gap for your kids! must have been tough during the earlier years huh?

Yes, it is tough when they are quite young but I have a supportive and hand-on hubby, so still not so bad.

Having my 1st. I had mild depression after my confinement as I was not mentally prepare for the challenges of caring for an infant. I’m the only child and my mom has medical condition and is not able to help out. My MIL is working. Luckily, my husband was supportive back then, every morning he would drive me to one of his relative’s house so that I was not alone at home. When I went back to work, I was quite happy as I need not face my baby. We hired a nanny to look after her during my working days. I was quite disengaged from my baby gal back then. If I could leave her with the nanny and not bring her back, I really would. I do feel a little bit of guilt towards her till today.

Having my 2nd. Armed with experience with my 1st, I was more mentally prepared this time round and didn’t have so much issue with my 2nd. I’m a SAHM when I was pregnant midway. I sent my 1st to full day child care centre so I could rest.

Having my 3rd. I started looking for a maid when I knew that I was pregnant with my 3rd as I knew I couldn’t handle 3 young children by my own. My dad had a stroke when I was midway through my pregnancy. I knew that I need to move my parents over to my house so that I could look after them. However, the maid was sent back home when she was caught stealing money. Later on, we found out that other than stealing money, she had been abusing my mom by pinching her breasts and hit her eyes till became blue black. My mom was unable to express herself so I didn’t know at that time. She also abused my elder gal as there was one time, child care centre notified us that why my gal had slight blue black around her eyes. Maid told one story to us and another to child care centre. Luckily, 2nd maid was good and she stay with us for 8 years and recently she went back home for good.

Having my 4th. My 8 years maid was really good as she handled my mom really well and looked after my 4 kids really well too. However, I didn’t want to overload her, we still sent our 4 kids to CCC and my mom to a day care centre. I went back to work when my youngest gal could go to CCC. Didn’t have much issue except my dad would occasionally give problems to maid and me over petty things.

Looking back, like all the mummies in this forum, esp 1st and 2nd time mummies, you might think how will I be able to survive through all the obstacles I have now. My advice is don’t think too much and tackle the problems as it come. Be positive and it will pass. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from anybody that could help, you will need it. You will become stronger and few years down the road you will amaze yourself how you have survived all that.

I saw de Lawrence on Tuesday too!:) I read many bad reviews abt him but I think he's fine. How do you think abt him ?

I see him for 3 of my kids, I feel he's okay. All my pregnancies are quite smooth sailing, so my session with him is quite fast as I do not have much qns to ask him. He does rattle off information to you.

I like his stitching, doesn't hurt as much as compare when I delivered my 1st at KKH. It hurts and I need to sit on a cushion, took a longer time to heal too.

Hi mummies.. just had a scan and is about 6 weeks along. started spotting last week for about 4 days. Then it stopped for a day and today spot again. Besides the weekly jab and thrice daily duphuston, what else can I do? It's abit worrying as I never experience this for my 1st.

Yes, it is tough when they are quite young but I have a supportive and hand-on hubby, so still not so bad.

Having my 1st. I had mild depression after my confinement as I was not mentally prepare for the challenges of caring for an infant. I’m the only child and my mom has medical condition and is not able to help out. My MIL is working. Luckily, my husband was supportive back then, every morning he would drive me to one of his relative’s house so that I was not alone at home. When I went back to work, I was quite happy as I need not face my baby. We hired a nanny to look after her during my working days. I was quite disengaged from my baby gal back then. If I could leave her with the nanny and not bring her back, I really would. I do feel a little bit of guilt towards her till today.

Having my 2nd. Armed with experience with my 1st, I was more mentally prepared this time round and didn’t have so much issue with my 2nd. I’m a SAHM when I was pregnant midway. I sent my 1st to full day child care centre so I could rest.

Having my 3rd. I started looking for a maid when I knew that I was pregnant with my 3rd as I knew I couldn’t handle 3 young children by my own. My dad had a stroke when I was midway through my pregnancy. I knew that I need to move my parents over to my house so that I could look after them. However, the maid was sent back home when she was caught stealing money. Later on, we found out that other than stealing money, she had been abusing my mom by pinching her breasts and hit her eyes till became blue black. My mom was unable to express herself so I didn’t know at that time. She also abused my elder gal as there was one time, child care centre notified us that why my gal had slight blue black around her eyes. Maid told one story to us and another to child care centre. Luckily, 2nd maid was good and she stay with us for 8 years and recently she went back home for good.

Having my 4th. My 8 years maid was really good as she handled my mom really well and looked after my 4 kids really well too. However, I didn’t want to overload her, we still sent our 4 kids to CCC and my mom to a day care centre. I went back to work when my youngest gal could go to CCC. Didn’t have much issue except my dad would occasionally give problems to maid and me over petty things.

Looking back, like all the mummies in this forum, esp 1st and 2nd time mummies, you might think how will I be able to survive through all the obstacles I have now. My advice is don’t think too much and tackle the problems as it come. Be positive and it will pass. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from anybody that could help, you will need it. You will become stronger and few years down the road you will amaze yourself how you have survived all that.

You are truly amazing and I don't even have words to describe!!
Honestly, not even talking about taking care of children, I am just experiencing pregnancy now and I feel defeated by the morning sickness already.

mommymich, you are very brave. don't ever bash yourself up thinking that your child will blame you next time. I think whether single or married, life with an infant will be tough and it is just how you manage it all - finances, emotions etc., in the end. hopefully your mum will help out so that it won't be so tough on you alone.

BubsandBloms, i think should still see gynae and let him/her know of the spotting. especially if have cramps along with it or it turns bright red like menses. then you will have to take hormone pills or jabs and go on bed rest. for 1st trimester, i think better play safe and don't overlook these seemingly trivial issues.

4gals, your post inspired me! :) got to look after kids and also your parents. really wonder how you manage it all! and yeah you are right that sometimes we give ourselves less credit than we really deserve.. we are indeed stronger than we think!

BubsandBloms, i think should still see gynae and let him/her know of the spotting. especially if have cramps along with it or it turns bright red like menses. then you will have to take hormone pills or jabs and go on bed rest. for 1st trimester, i think better play safe and don't overlook these seemingly trivial issues.

I understand. I'll monitor if it persist. Thanks for the information. Appreciate that.

Hi mummies.. just had a scan and is about 6 weeks along. started spotting last week for about 4 days. Then it stopped for a day and today spot again. Besides the weekly jab and thrice daily duphuston, what else can I do? It's abit worrying as I never experience this for my 1st.

Lydia, bed rest if possible. I've been on HL for 2 weeks.

Most of the time i half recline on bed or sofa. Lying down all the time can be tiring too! I still walk around the house, to cook lunch. I'm lucky to have my mil and hub around to help with chores.

Hi experienced mummies.. i feel v bloated towards e end of e day. Isit ok to rub ji xiang ru yi oil or better not?
I get very bloated and lots of gas in the evening too...my tcm doc advise against putting any oil at this stage. Try walking around, it helps to release some 'air' and digestion.

4gals, thanks for sharing your story. It is indeed inspiring.

Lydia, try to lie down and noy move around as much as possible. During my first pregnancy, I had spotting and my gynae told me to rest more, so I rested but not total bed rest, so the spotting continued, then he ordered total bed rest except of cos going to toilet. And the spotting still continued, so in the end he warded me for 3d2n to really rest. Eat on bed, Pee on the bed pan. The furthest I've moved is less than a metre away from the bed where they put me on the wheelchair with the bed pan to do big business. I don't even rem being allowed to shower. So while you can, rest at home before your gynae takes "drastic" measures.

You are truly amazing and I don't even have words to describe!!
Honestly, not even talking about taking care of children, I am just experiencing pregnancy now and I feel defeated by the morning sickness already.

I did experience m/s for all my 4 pregnancies and I too felt like you really hated it. I couldn't stomach some of the food I have eaten and I vomited it out. If I did eat something agreeable, indigestion would set in and I would felt very terrible. This only getting slightly better in my 2nd tri, but I did not have really good appetite throughout my whole pregnancy, that is why I only put on 12kg for my 1st which I really force myself to eat and 8kg for the other 3. I had it worst while having my 4th.

I remembered for my 4th that I could only tolerate McDonald cheese burger. LOL.

Somehow, this pregnancy, even though I have m/s, it is not so bad as compare to previous pregnancies. I did not vomit at all. See how it goes for the next few weeks. Hope it maintain this way.

Back