(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Oh izzit ??

For my #1 yr 2010 i paid for it at singhealth polyclinic

For my #2 same polyclinic but they say they dun offer 5 in 1 anymore only 6in 1 or the foc ones so i choose 6 in 1

Maybe now upgrade liao...

Actually 5 in 1 n 6 in 1 are same thing.... if 5 in 1 foc now i might opt for 5 in 1
the 5 in 1 was added to the foc list in 2013 iirc

Hi mummies.. I'm new here. Currently 22wks. Having a baby boy. been browsing thru almost all e post.

Can I check how do u guys order clothes from Carter's website? And roughly how much is the shipping cost to spore?

I know one of the mummies here use Gaia for her kids...

Can I ask a question - is Gaia fragrance free?? I only find information which says it is free to artificial fragrance but not sure if it is fragrance free....

I am using Gaia for my kids. It is free from artificial fragrance but it's still scented with essential oil. They have two types of fragrance. One is the basic body wash which smells like lavender and orange. The other one is the sleeptime bath which smells like lavender and ylang ylang. I prefer the latter. :)

Morning mummies. Just had chee cheong fun for brekkie. Healthy cereal doesn't appeal to me lately :( I need to be more conscious of what I eat. Took my weight last night and realised I've put on abt 7 kg already!! :( 26 weeks 4 days today! Baby seems to have a routine now..Every morning 3/4am she's awake kicking me..then she goes back to sleep till abt 11am. After which she starts getting active again ard 3/4pm and before bed time.. These days her kicks are much more powerful!

Haha.. Soon soon! Once baby arrives, time seems to pass by even faster. :p

Are you gaining weight steadily already? Hope everything is going well for you now! :)
Still not gaining weight.

Pre pregnancy 72kg.

Now still stuck at 68kg... cant seem to put on weight.

Morning mummies. Just had chee cheong fun for brekkie. Healthy cereal doesn't appeal to me lately :( I need to be more conscious of what I eat. Took my weight last night and realised I've put on abt 7 kg already!! :( 26 weeks 4 days today! Baby seems to have a routine now..Every morning 3/4am she's awake kicking me..then she goes back to sleep till abt 11am. After which she starts getting active again ard 3/4pm and before bed time.. These days her kicks are much more powerful!
Soon u will see ur baby making waves in ur tummy

Hi mummies.. I'm new here. Currently 22wks. Having a baby boy. been browsing thru almost all e post.

Can I check how do u guys order clothes from Carter's website? And roughly how much is the shipping cost to spore?
i always order from carter's website ... for me every order easily > US$150 but will make sure it is below the GST cap of S$400.... :p the vpost charges easily > $60 cos the base charge is already $39.90 and every 100g $0.39. so only if you order more then you can justify else you might as well join spree

I haven had chicken pox too..
Previously my hubby n dad didnt had chicken pox too

But my son kenna from cc
Pass to his sis
Which pass to my hubby n my dad.

So end up all laughing... straightball those havent kenna all kenna...

All the while my dad tot he already kenna when young liao.. coz when me, my bro n my sis kenna he nv kenna ....

Previously my hubby n dad didnt had chicken pox too

But my son kenna from cc
Pass to his sis
Which pass to my hubby n my dad.

So end up all laughing... straightball those havent kenna all kenna...

All the while my dad tot he already kenna when young liao.. coz when me, my bro n my sis kenna he nv kenna ....
there is a downside for getting the virus late leh... it is mroe painful and serious case need to go hospital one ...
huh? CC kena chicken pox !!

sometime i find sending kids to infant care or CC or student cc is like placing ourselve in a mine field ...
anytime also can kena something one but leaving kids with maid at home also no better ..how how how

there is a downside for getting the virus late leh... it is mroe painful and serious case need to go hospital one ...

sometime i find sending kids to infant care or CC or student cc is like placing ourselve in a mine field ...
anytime also can kena something one but leaving kids with maid at home also no better ..how how how

Ya lor

That time was a series of hfmd plus chicken pox

Apparently it seems that hfmd and chicken pox are "brothers" they come together

The 1st cc they went keep having hfmd n chicken pox cases the chain cant seem to break... then my kids after hmfd then kenna chicken pox. That was very bz for me. No time to breathe....

After considering lack of teachers n student n keep having hfmd we decided change cc.

Juz recently this new cc also have hfmd + chicken pox cases. Lucky they manage to break the chain n my kids nv kenna the hfmd. Else i preggy now i also cannt go near them.

my sibling all got it except me ..
i also tot of going to get but i read of pple who got it but still kena make me wonder how effect it is

I also thought I never kena before, but when I wanted to go for the vaccination a couple of years back, my mum insisted that I had a very very mild case when I was 7, so cannot vaccinate. So I also dunno. I kena measles at 5, that was no fun. Very itchy n miserable.

Pro n cons of having maid also

Yes they can help us with hse work
But when kenna 1 that has many pattterns then siao liao lor.. how to feel safe to trust them looking after our kids

My #1 helper
When interview she claim know how to look after baby n toddler. That time i havent give birth. So ok i hired her.

She does not work well with my ah ma. Go friend hse dinner she buay zidong eat the expensive stuff like abalone. At home she also like to eat lots of seafood. Which we close 1 eye lah.

Then when i gave birth n bring my baby home she tell me my baby so small size she dunnknow how to look after. So bo bian we let her handle my toddler whilr me and my ah ma juggle my newborn.

But one thing she is very clean. So we close and open 1 eye...

Then 1 day she go play catching with my son n my son hurt his nose. Nose bleed. She juz wipe away n dun dare say.. until i found out. N we sent her back the next day... cannot accept if kids hurt she dun say. What if the bleeding nv stop ?

2nd maid
She knows how to look after baby. And ok with my toddler too. But after start having off days her pattern come.

Say at night cant sleep coz too hot or miss home etc. Which infact she was chatting on her phone which she claim it was a gift from her sis.. n the $$ inside like nv finish de lor... she wash clothes also can sms ..

Then bring clothes go out change during off day . N end up.. after 1 yr working with us... she bo xim work liao. Everyday carry my gal go see window downstairs. N even though she is at home most of the time. She can know alot of maids in the condo !! Scary... sometimes got ppl come pass her things etc... say work upstairs, downstairs, next blk etc.

Then we decide too dangerous since normally only my ah ma at homr with her n my almost 18 mth old gal at that time.

Then we enrol her go cc n send the maid back. Dun dare get another one liao. Headache.

I also thought I never kena before, but when I wanted to go for the vaccination a couple of years back, my mum insisted that I had a very very mild case when I was 7, so cannot vaccinate. So I also dunno. I kena measles at 5, that was no fun. Very itchy n miserable.

Same for my hubby n dad.

My ah ma insist my dad kenna mild case before when he was small

While my mil says my hubby kenna "fake chicken pox" before when he was young.

End up both also kenna "again: when my kids got it....

My dad case was worst.. so many dots dots... my kids laugh at ah gong for a long time coz the spots took very very long to go away. Guess its the "side effect" of getting it so old

Same for my hubby n dad.

My dad case was worst.. so many dots dots... my kids laugh at ah gong for a long time coz the spots took very very long to go away. Guess its the "side effect" of getting it so old

Same for my hubby n dad.

Oh no that means I probably will kena again?! :eek: Sianz! I don't even dare go for the vaccination now (after the pregancy of coz) cos the jab is a very small dormant strain of the virus right? So I scared if I had a mild case before, I might awaken all virus inside n kena one big time. :oops:

Pro n cons of having maid also

Yes they can help us with hse work
But when kenna 1 that has many pattterns then siao liao lor.. how to feel safe to trust them looking after our kids

My #1 helper
When interview she claim know how to look after baby n toddler. That time i havent give birth. So ok i hired her.

She does not work well with my ah ma. Go friend hse dinner she buay zidong eat the expensive stuff like abalone. At home she also like to eat lots of seafood. Which we close 1 eye lah.

Then when i gave birth n bring my baby home she tell me my baby so small size she dunnknow how to look after. So bo bian we let her handle my toddler whilr me and my ah ma juggle my newborn.

But one thing she is very clean. So we close and open 1 eye...

Then 1 day she go play catching with my son n my son hurt his nose. Nose bleed. She juz wipe away n dun dare say.. until i found out. N we sent her back the next day... cannot accept if kids hurt she dun say. What if the bleeding nv stop ?

2nd maid
She knows how to look after baby. And ok with my toddler too. But after start having off days her pattern come.

Say at night cant sleep coz too hot or miss home etc. Which infact she was chatting on her phone which she claim it was a gift from her sis.. n the $$ inside like nv finish de lor... she wash clothes also can sms ..

Then bring clothes go out change during off day . N end up.. after 1 yr working with us... she bo xim work liao. Everyday carry my gal go see window downstairs. N even though she is at home most of the time. She can know alot of maids in the condo !! Scary... sometimes got ppl come pass her things etc... say work upstairs, downstairs, next blk etc.

Then we decide too dangerous since normally only my ah ma at homr with her n my almost 18 mth old gal at that time.

Then we enrol her go cc n send the maid back. Dun dare get another one liao. Headache.

Speaking of maids, we are interviewing a few candidates now, cos seriously ah, w a part time maid who show up one week don't show up 3 weeks, plus my current condition, plus my hubby's half baked cleaning, wah biang, my house is filthy! But we have a lot of reservations also lor, v v scared choose wrongly n maid chu a lot pattern. Plus my hubby hates the idea of a stranger living in his house. But no choice, we need help. This kind of things sometimes also see heng suay, just gotta go w the gut instinct n hope for the best!

Speaking of maids, we are interviewing a few candidates now, cos seriously ah, w a part time maid who show up one week don't show up 3 weeks, plus my current condition, plus my hubby's half baked cleaning, wah biang, my house is filthy! But we have a lot of reservations also lor, v v scared choose wrongly n maid chu a lot pattern. Plus my hubby hates the idea of a stranger living in his house. But no choice, we need help. This kind of things sometimes also see heng suay, just gotta go w the gut instinct n hope for the best!
If can dun give sundays or Saturday off

My friend's maid only can choose weekday off. N till now 4 yrs liao still very guai.

My previous maid insist sunday off end up go out mix around n learn lots of pattern

My hubby also suggest to takr another maid but i say see how first.... close 1 eye on the dirty hse.. as long as floor clean for my kids n bedsheets washed can liao....

Dun like the idea of strangers in my hse too

I also haven't got chicken pox. Can't decide if I should bring my boy for the jab. I don't mind boy having chicken pix but worried abt the possibilities of shingles after. That sounds dangerous.

My boy Juz bounce on the mattress and end up with one of his knee on my tummy. Hopefully bb is fine...

I'm finally going for my detailed scan Tmr. May the AFI increase!

My new maid coming this sat. She sounds ok during the interview. May she get along with my other helper. And no funny pattern!

Chicken pox has more complications than Shingles... so if yourself or children has not immunized against chicken pox, please get vaccinated and a booster after delivery

I also haven't got chicken pox. Can't decide if I should bring my boy for the jab. I don't mind boy having chicken pix but worried abt the possibilities of shingles after. That sounds dangerous.

My boy Juz bounce on the mattress and end up with one of his knee on my tummy. Hopefully bb is fine...

I'm finally going for my detailed scan Tmr. May the AFI increase!

My new maid coming this sat. She sounds ok during the interview. May she get along with my other helper. And no funny pattern!

All the best for your scan tomorrow!

Chicken pox has more complications than Shingles... so if yourself or children has not immunized against chicken pox, please get vaccinated and a booster after delivery
but i prefer in getting immunity naturally and not artifical leh :oops:
If can dun give sundays or Saturday off

My friend's maid only can choose weekday off. N till now 4 yrs liao still very guai.

My previous maid insist sunday off end up go out mix around n learn lots of pattern

My hubby also suggest to takr another maid but i say see how first.... close 1 eye on the dirty hse.. as long as floor clean for my kids n bedsheets washed can liao....

Dun like the idea of strangers in my hse too
i dun think possible to give weekday off lor .. most that i saw wanted weekend off so taht can go mingle with their friends
yah true the moment they can go out ...they will learn alot of things .. that is what i fear most

i dun think possible to give weekday off lor .. most that i saw wanted weekend off so taht can go mingle with their friends
yah true the moment they can go out ...they will learn alot of things .. that is what i fear most
My grandma's maid last time actually requested to work on weekends and dont want off day cos she wanna earn more to remit to her family..I think getting a good maid and one who matches your family's needs is v difficult..alot of it depends on luck..I also hope to find one but probably after baby is born and when I want to try a bit of part time work..

My grandma's maid last time actually requested to work on weekends and dont want off day cos she wanna earn more to remit to her family..I think getting a good maid and one who matches your family's needs is v difficult..alot of it depends on luck..I also hope to find one but probably after baby is born and when I want to try a bit of part time work..
i read some resume of the maids when looking for one to look after my dad ...alot of them want weekend off ...a MUST have somemore ...
but we managed to find one that only request for 1 day off per month so those weekend she is working we pay her
but as usual she start to make friends near my parent estates and slowly to have pattern but think so far still can close one eye ...

just wondering ...normally these maid are here on contract for 2 years ...what if in the mid of it they too much pattern and we send them back ...will the employer need to be penalised and pay any penalty etc ?

i read some resume of the maids when looking for one to look after my dad ...alot of them want weekend off ...a MUST have somemore ...
but we managed to find one that only request for 1 day off per month so those weekend she is working we pay her
but as usual she start to make friends near my parent estates and slowly to have pattern but think so far still can close one eye ...

just wondering ...normally these maid are here on contract for 2 years ...what if in the mid of it they too much pattern and we send them back ...will the employer need to be penalised and pay any penalty etc ?

No penalty. But if you are sending her bk hm, u must pay for e air ticket. Or u can send her bk to the agency and u pay for her lodging till she finds a new employer. ( depend on agency, some don't charge) but changing maid, u still lugi the agency charges want loh... Depending on the contract, Most have 1 foc replacement

No penalty. But if you are sending her bk hm, u must pay for e air ticket. Or u can send her bk to the agency and u pay for her lodging till she finds a new employer. ( depend on agency, some don't charge) but changing maid, u still lugi the agency charges want loh... Depending on the contract, Most have 1 foc replacement
So before u sign any contract must double check first..I think some agencies may not be so up front with these kind of things..

t

up to individual i guess... the risk of complications from naturally occured chicken pox is so much higher than vaccinated person. I wont want to subject my kids from all the scratching and the missing of classes.

I am using Gaia for my kids. It is free from artificial fragrance but it's still scented with essential oil. They have two types of fragrance. One is the basic body wash which smells like lavender and orange. The other one is the sleeptime bath which smells like lavender and ylang ylang. I prefer the latter. :)
Thanks dear... I know it's one of you but cannot remember who...

Thinking of getting it when I go Australia next week! :) Thanks!

If within a period of time u send back too many maid (i think 5 maids within 2 yrs or 1 yr) then u will be asked to lim kopi at mom.

My uncle juz kenna recently... those maid come liao see he has 3 kids all run away... or bring man come home sleep while they not around etc...

But if send back 1 or 2 maid no problem

Talking abt off days reminds me of my #2 maid.

I mentioned after knowing friends outside she learn many patterns.

On the day we tell her pack n send her back to agency. Initally she keep crying so sad.. after talking on the phone very long. Her face turn.. like 无情liao... she juz pack n nv look back.. nv look at my kids.. got say bye bye lah but not so sad liao.

When reach agency. Happen there is 1 family need transfer maid urgently coz wife going give birth soon. N the family dun like all the maids that was there. Then they saw my maid n after talking to her they decide to take her. BUT... my gong gong maid say she wan 4 days off per mth.. no less cannot use $$ substitute.. in my hse only 1 day per mth.. now she demand 4 sunday off per mth non nego. The agent tried talk to her tell her nicely substitute 2 days with $$ n off 2 days only.. she also cannot

We was shock n juz left her there to "bargain" after we complete the necessary papers...

My hubby says later all go back she confirm kenna scolding from agent.

If within a period of time u send back too many maid (i think 5 maids within 2 yrs or 1 yr) then u will be asked to lim kopi at mom.
My uncle juz kenna recently... those maid come liao see he has 3 kids all run away... or bring man come home sleep while they not around etc...
But if send back 1 or 2 maid no problem
Talking abt off days reminds me of my #2 maid.
I mentioned after knowing friends outside she learn many patterns.
On the day we tell her pack n send her back to agency. Initally she keep crying so sad.. after talking on the phone very long. Her face turn.. like 无情liao... she juz pack n nv look back.. nv look at my kids.. got say bye bye lah but not so sad liao.
When reach agency. Happen there is 1 family need transfer maid urgently coz wife going give birth soon. N the family dun like all the maids that was there. Then they saw my maid n after talking to her they decide to take her. BUT... my gong gong maid say she wan 4 days off per mth.. no less cannot use $$ substitute.. in my hse only 1 day per mth.. now she demand 4 sunday off per mth non nego. The agent tried talk to her tell her nicely substitute 2 days with $$ n off 2 days only.. she also cannot
We was shock n juz left her there to "bargain" after we complete the necessary papers...
My hubby says later all go back she confirm kenna scolding from agent.

wah,your ex-maid so daring,demand 4 days off,i wun even talk further loh.
hiring a maid is easy,managing one is difficult.

i used to have a indonesian maid,every other day got funny pattern,but nothing very dramatic.
she is quite pitiful.she comes to work in singapore,husband got no job and got a son.
she remits most of her money to let her son go to school,but when she fly back to visit after 2 yrs,she discovered that her husband took her money an "officially" married a 2nd wife.
tragic...
after that she also a bit "kee siao" already,we saw her gg into cab wt a blangadeshi on her off-day,we send her back shortly.

My sil owns a maid agency. I'm get my helpers from her. So far still ok... But in the past ever tried getting from jack neo agency... The staff v ya ya loh. And the after service is not good IMO.

Sil was sharing with me some maids really too pampered or mislead by their friends. Recently 1 ex-sg want to transfer after working for 7yrs. At the new employer, she demand a change again after only 1 day! Reason Her room got no tv and air con! Can die loh... When sil visited her ex employer hse, she realise y. That house is huge! That maid have her own room w everything and her own compound. So was overly pampered. She left coz of a small quarrel with her boss. Faint loh. Get tis kind sure die!

Actually 4 off days is v common now. Most ang moh will give. In fact my maid just transfer to a Indian family. They also offer her 4 off days. But she prefer 2.

For us, I can only offer 1 off days. Weekday can't. Must look after kids. So 1 Sunday off a mth

Actually the indo maid story very common. My mum's ex maid also like that. I find a lot of indo maids very poor thing. Always being make used by the husband. For my mum's maid, her husband use her $ n married her best friend. Sigh...

For Filipino, strangely a lot r either with kids no husband or even those w husband still got bf in sg. Very messy affair.

Of coz there are good ones ard too... Must see luck

Actually the indo maid story very common. My mum's ex maid also like that. I find a lot of indo maids very poor thing. Always being make used by the husband. For my mum's maid, her husband use her $ n married her best friend. Sigh...

For Filipino, strangely a lot r either with kids no husband or even those w husband still got bf in sg. Very messy affair.

Of coz there are good ones ard too... Must see luck

that time when she told me,she cried badly.I told her to divorce him and get alimony (i was only 21 yo - think divorce very easy)
before we hired her,i used to think that indonesian maid are more religious hence less problematic.
no.
true that they may come from some kampong,but when they are exposed to other maids and other men,they change.
its like some men go work overseas and have a fling,they are doing it here also.

Back