(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My hubby dun even let me step into mothercare in kkh when i go for my appt...

Lol he scared i anyhow buy n buy too much

I bought a lot that day! You let hubby know it's saving money cos the tops and whole suits only $3-$6, v good quality somemore... The cuter one piece is abt $7-$14.

I bought a lot that day! You let hubby know it's saving money cos the tops and whole suits only $3-$6, v good quality somemore... The cuter one piece is abt $7-$14.
and the man will tell you how many clothes the baby will wear etc lolz

abit too cheap leh
I just checked my gynae's delivery fee - normal v delivery 1.3k, v delivery w assistance is 1.6k, C sec is from 2.1k
I understand tho that there will be the anaesthetist's fee if i go for epidural.
ward visit is between 50 to 300 bucks.

I just checked my gynae's delivery fee - normal v delivery 1.3k, v delivery w assistance is 1.6k, C sec is from 2.1k
I understand tho that there will be the anaesthetist's fee if i go for epidural.
ward visit is between 50 to 300 bucks.
Wow so much cheaper than what my gynae charges :/

Mummies any of u drinking milk powder? In an attempt to up my milk intake I decided to try the free nestle mum sample. Smelt good but when I tasted it.. I didn't like it at all. Somehow tasted fishy..and I added only 3 scoops instead of the 4 scoops as per instruction. Any other brands to recommend?

Mummies any of u drinking milk powder? In an attempt to up my milk intake I decided to try the free nestle mum sample. Smelt good but when I tasted it.. I didn't like it at all. Somehow tasted fishy..and I added only 3 scoops instead of the 4 scoops as per instruction. Any other brands to recommend?

I take my normal fern leaf milk powder which I've taken since before preggie. My gynae advised against those special maternity milk powder as she say too high sugar content.

I drink fresh milk instead

I take my normal fern leaf milk powder which I've taken since before preggie. My gynae advised against those special maternity milk powder as she say too high sugar content.
I drink fresh milk instead
I really dislike milk since young.. somehow can't take the fresh milk taste either. Sigh.. think will stick to the anlene one I've been taking.. just that it's really expensive to take one packet a day

I really dislike milk since young.. somehow can't take the fresh milk taste either. Sigh.. think will stick to the anlene one I've been taking.. just that it's really expensive to take one packet a day
You can try soy milk instead, it's a good alternative and also nutritious. That's what I read in all those angmoh pregnancy books I've been borrowing from libraries...

You can find both Ergo and Manduca in Isetan.... they have samples out on display for you to touch and feel, so you can compare. Rest of the stockists on this list http://www.manducababycarrier.com.sg/Manduca-Shops-Singapore/

The material for Manduca feels a tad rougher, while Ergo is softer, but I feel Ergo material is thicker than Manduca.

These 2 links are good reviews and comparisons between the 2 brands.
http://babycalmblog.com/2013/10/25/soft-structured-carrier-babywearing-comparison-and-reviews/
http://extraordinarybabyshoppe.blogspot.sg/2009/08/product-comparison-ergo-vs-manduca.html

I think it's just to standby in case of complications (to self or to bb) or emergency c-sec?

I bought my manduca carrier during national day whereby they had this $49 off promo.

The manduca new style feels more rough because it's made of canvas/hemp compared to manduca black line/limited edition which are made of organic cotton. I bought the black lines series and it's really much softer. It's also made in Europe whereas new style is made in china! Just some points to consider! :)

Frisomum is nice. Anmum chocolate also not bad. Maybe you can get samples to try first. I gave up drinking it though. Still prefer fresh milk! :)

I drink the anele 4x milk... not everyday coz too heaty for me.

Other types of milk all i cant accept.

So sometimes will buy soy milk too but not much coz some mummies mention got hormones inside... n my baby is boy so dun wan affect also..

Good morning mummies! Day 2 of my bed rest, abit bored already

So sometimes will buy soy milk too but not much coz some mummies mention got hormones inside... n my baby is boy so dun wan affect also..

Yep some websites say soy has estrogen, so don't drink too much. That said, my GP told me to drink soy milk everyday that time when I had stomach cramps n was lactose intolerant. Alternatively, u can try almond milk.

Yesterday u ladies were discussing abt strollers. We have more or less decided on this new graco model, Graco Evo (4 wheeler). It's the bigger version of the Evo Mini (3 wheeler) that they sell here. Reason why we picked it is cos it can recline flat so it's easier on the spine of the bb, it's reversible so bb can face us, n it's a travel system, easier to move in n out of car. My hubby first saw it in KL, but it's not available in SG till Nov. So we r gonna wait till then.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 176
Good morning mummies! Day 2 of my bed rest, abit bored already

Yep some websites say soy has estrogen, so don't drink too much. That said, my GP told me to drink soy milk everyday that time when I had stomach cramps n was lactose intolerant. Alternatively, u can try almond milk.

Yesterday u ladies were discussing abt strollers. We have more or less decided on this new graco model, Graco Evo (4 wheeler). It's the bigger version of the Evo Mini (3 wheeler) that they sell here. Reason why we picked it is cos it can recline flat so it's easier on the spine of the bb, it's reversible so bb can face us, n it's a travel system, easier to move in n out of car. My hubby first saw it in KL, but it's not available in SG till Nov. So we r gonna wait till then.

Graco, I also like the brand, their strollers are really light

soy milk got hormones? hw will it affect baby boy?

abit more niah not really that exp compared to prices here :p
i only buy osh kong for my prince :oops:cos they look DAMN cute in osh kosh ..
but for princess i notice carters is better bought a few for my niece and she look damn CUTE in them :p

Carters have all the cute dresses and mint pants and shirts for girls. So cute! I aimed those clothes last mth but now I know I have a boy. I'm eyeing all Old Navy clothes. Carters have pretty girl clothes. Boys not so nice.

hello! hows ur hoilday? wat did u do there? eat n relax sure shiok shiok... :p

actually not shiok! hahaha i realised I dun really fancy Balinese food even though I take spicy stuff.... We packed too much sight seeing in a day... only last two days a bit more relax... temples overdose!!! hahahaha

I am going to the Oct fair at expo, aiming to buy baby cot, baby carrier (colleague recommend Ergo), play mat if cheap, those necessities like sterilizer and stuff if its cheap.

My friends advise me to start buying slowly... if not in 3rd tri very immobile haha

Im aiming:
1) Ergo Performance Granite baby carrier (I think this model is the most breathable in our hot weather. Made of mesh instead of cotton)
2) Tommee Tippee Anti-Colic bottles
3) Alzipmat

I'm still not sure I buy sterilizer or not. My sis bgt and used her sterilizer only for a mth then never use anymore.

I thought I will either boil the items or put them in Medela bag and then place in microwave to sterilize. You think it is okay?

Hello mummies, thanks for all the well wishes. Just woke up from my nap.

Been to my gynae, he said this "warning bleed" is not surprising given my very low placenta, nothing we can do except take things easy n hope that it moves up by 28 wks. He says small bleeds still ok, but if I soak thru' a large maternity pad, then will have to admit me for blood transfusion. N if placenta still like this by 3rd trimester, he suggests we go to polyclinic n get referral letter for KKH, in case I deliver v early n end up w a v big hole in my pocket at Mt E. He said before 34 wks, bb needs to be on respirator, n it's $1k a day at Mt E, vs subsidized rate of $100+ a day at KKH. He gave me 4 days hospitalization leave, n I will see him again on Monday.

Did my detailed scan at NUH in the morning before seeing my gynae, bb seems ok so far, very active, move n move until the sonographer abit fed up, haha. He's 611gm today at 22 wks 6 days, chunky monkey! :D

Phew! Good to know all is well. Rest well mummy!! :)

I'm still not sure I buy sterilizer or not. My sis bgt and used her sterilizer only for a mth then never use anymore.

I thought I will either boil the items or put them in Medela bag and then place in microwave to sterilize. You think it is okay?

I don't think it matters if we think it is okay... Most importantly, you must be okay with it :) Anyway, I don't trust microwave sterilizers. Boiling the bottles should be okay since it is an old school method and we turn out okay??

Actually why don't you just take over the sterilizer from your sister? Then dun need to buy new one...

Last edited:
Good morning mummies.

Been away for awhile. Having lots of family emergencies lately.

Anyway, I am 26 weeks tml. Baby is super active.
I have severe water retention n hv barely had a gd sleep/rest.

Anybody know of any prenatal yoga or lamaze? Happening soon perhaps? With spouse wld be a bonus.

Thanks. And yes I'm also looking forward to just survey thru e upcoming oct baby expos. Haven decided on buying anything yet.

Take care darlings n gd day :)

Good morning mummies.

Been away for awhile. Having lots of family emergencies lately.

Anyway, I am 26 weeks tml. Baby is super active.
I have severe water retention n hv barely had a gd sleep/rest.

Anybody know of any prenatal yoga or lamaze? Happening soon perhaps? With spouse wld be a bonus.

Thanks. And yes I'm also looking forward to just survey thru e upcoming oct baby expos. Haven decided on buying anything yet.

Take care darlings n gd day :)

Prenatal Yoga is usually alone rather than with spouse though... There are quite a few schools offering it - Como Shambala, Mother & Baby, Inspire Mum & Baby, Sadhana Sactuary, Ziva Yoga, Kate Porter Yoga, Santosa Yoga all offer pre natal yoga. You might want to find somewhere convenient for you??

What is lamaze?? I only Lamaze as in the kids toys.....

You take care too kay... Try to drink more water to prevent water retention, and raise your legs up when you sleep. :)

Prenatal Yoga is usually alone rather than with spouse though... There are quite a few schools offering it - Como Shambala, Mother & Baby, Inspire Mum & Baby, Sadhana Sactuary, Ziva Yoga, Kate Porter Yoga, Santosa Yoga all offer pre natal yoga. You might want to find somewhere convenient for you??

What is lamaze?? I only Lamaze as in the kids toys.....

You take care too kay... Try to drink more water to prevent water retention, and raise your legs up when you sleep. :)
yah yah raising leg when sleep does help .. i was complaining abt swollen right foot and i did that for 2 nights and it does help though it is quite unconfortable to sleep with leg raised

I don't think it matters if we think it is okay... Most importantly, you must be okay with it :) Anyway, I don't trust microwave sterilizers. Boiling the bottles should be okay since it is an old school method and we turn out okay??

Actually why don't you just take over the sterilizer from your sister? Then dun need to buy new one...

My friend use the old school method of boiling a pot and dumping all the bottles in. :)
I will buy a sterilizer. my sis use a UV sterilizer haha

I don't like the idea of microwave too. and each bag can be use for 20x

She gave away hers liao. Hahahaha!

My friend use the old school method of boiling a pot and dumping all the bottles in. :)
I will buy a sterilizer. my sis use a UV sterilizer haha

I don't like the idea of microwave too. and each bag can be use for 20x

I think I will just use the old method way. Boiling. I dnt like all these gadgets on my kitchen countertop.

Back