IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi preciousbeanie,no problem. I help where i know. Since this ivf boat is not easy,we should help one another.
for workflow with ivf,i cant advise le. Cos i not at that ivf stage yet,still crawling as doc nit give go ahead to do ivf yet. Hope all goes well n can embark on it /heng heng best is to strike natural soon at this juncture. I with dr matthew too, if i not wrong reading from other sis experience,in kkh u will only see yr dr in consultation,retrieval n transfer. From start of ivf in e simultation jab n scanning etc,it will be done by e doc on duty. Maybi other sis can advise u on e workflow

Thanks... Yup indeed not easy for anyone of us.. Having support fr here is really gd...

So which stage are u now? Went for first appt le ma?

I am under Dr Jerry Chan for ivf. I never choose any doctor. I got referral letter from polyclinic and seeing him from the start of all my checks. After ivf process start, all the jabs were taught and administered by the nurses. I didn't see him until ER and ET.

But thats based on my experience as subsidised patient. If seeing direct as pte, not sure how different it will be.

Thanks... Yup indeed not easy for anyone of us.. Having support fr here is really gd...

So which stage are u now? Went for first appt le ma?
Me also under poly refferal n got matthew lau as doc. I have done with 3rd visit, where doc told me e sis scan results shows the radiologist see somethg like polyp n synechium in my sis scan. (Cant be seen on ultrasound scan). He suggested me to do hysteroscopy day surgery (a procedure to put camera in n see if it is really polyp n adhesion),if yes,to remove at e same procedure. Cos doc says if there is polyp or adhesion,it will lower chance of implantation. (I also dunno y got adhesion as i have no surgery done previously except 1 failed ivf)
Frankly, I am scared of e procedure but i think will go for it in oct to get it cleared if got e maybi 'thg' inside. Wish myself luck n hope thgs will turn out fine after that

Last edited:
I also did a procedure, forgot what it was called. The SIS scan showed something on the womb lining and I was advised to remove to improve chances of implantation. But i only managed to start ivf 1 yr after that procedure.

I also did a procedure, forgot what it was called. The SIS scan showed something on the womb lining and I was advised to remove to improve chances of implantation. But i only managed to start ivf 1 yr after that procedure.
Hi whmc,y 1 yr after?actually i worried abt e complications from e procedure or scarring after that. If dun do,kkh not willing to proceed with ivf as they think my chances will be lowered. N doc all say me n hubby if want to conceive ,need to do ivf. Natural not possible. Hence its a delima as its no garantee that u 'cut' yrself u will succeed also

Hi whmc,y 1 yr after?actually i worried abt e complications from e procedure or scarring after that. If dun do,kkh not willing to proceed with ivf as they think my chances will be lowered. N doc all say me n hubby if want to conceive ,need to do ivf. Natural not possible. Hence its a delima as its no garantee that u 'cut' yrself u will succeed also

Only started 1 yr after due to hubby's issues. I almost didn't have chance to start on it at all. Thank God I managed to come this far.

I guess all procedure have risks. My hubby was seeing Dr Matthew for his issues and I must say he gives me confidence that he knows what he is doing. He was the one who gave us the verdict that we cannot conceive with our own eggs and sperm, but then later managed to proceed.

Only started 1 yr after due to hubby's issues. I almost didn't have chance to start on it at all. Thank God I managed to come this far.

I guess all procedure have risks. My hubby was seeing Dr Matthew for his issues and I must say he gives me confidence that he knows what he is doing. He was the one who gave us the verdict that we cannot conceive with our own eggs and sperm, but then later managed to proceed.
We also have male issues.how dr matthew helped u with tt?for us,he suggested to do sperm freezing only. U can pm me if inconvenient to post it here. I am cracking my head to help my dear on male issues also. Now i let him try migrate 10 multivits n tcm.
Did dr lau did e procedure for u 1 yr ago?
I hope yr this rnd will be successful whmc! :)

Question on FET.

If say usually I ovulate on cd18, does it mean potentially my transfer of blasto will be on 18+5=cd23? Something like that?

Based on your personal experiences, may you share if your usual o-day has any relation to FET?

I'm making calendar count and worry that my FET may happen when I'm covering 2 of my teammates who will be away.

Wow dr Zuo queue is very long...sumtimes really felt very tired waiting. Long queue at dr loh too.
Hmm..I made an appt at 3.30 so when I went there at 3.25 there were alrdy 2 others in front. Then I was thinking, what for book appt? Waited till 4+ b4 I saw her coz she was late anyway..

Anyway, I've got a referral frm thomson to kkh under dr tan hh. He didnt arrange for scan for me. At my 1st consultation, he did internal scan & said I've pcos, where i dont ovulate. My blood tests are fine. And when I went for e briefing, the nurses just told me to call on d2 menses. Howcome im missing so many thgs that u all are doing?

Also dr zou was asking me if im long or short cycle. I didnt know also coz dr tan didnt tell me??

Aiyooo..im so anxious..

Did consider HPT but scared the results is false negative or positive...too "chicken" to face the results...

Anyway, already seen doc at 24 hr clinic. Given hormone med to strengthen the uterus. BT on friday instead of monday.

Im too chicken too! =/ My BT also on Friday.. Jiayou and hope we get to sprinkle baby dust soon!

Hmm..I made an appt at 3.30 so when I went there at 3.25 there were alrdy 2 others in front. Then I was thinking, what for book appt? Waited till 4+ b4 I saw her coz she was late anyway..

Anyway, I've got a referral frm thomson to kkh under dr tan hh. He didnt arrange for scan for me. At my 1st consultation, he did internal scan & said I've pcos, where i dont ovulate. My blood tests are fine. And when I went for e briefing, the nurses just told me to call on d2 menses. Howcome im missing so many thgs that u all are doing?

Also dr zou was asking me if im long or short cycle. I didnt know also coz dr tan didnt tell me??

Aiyooo..im so anxious..

Don't worry! Some tests are routine like blood tests etc while others apply to each individual condition.
Good luck dear

Btw, I'm curious too.
Who decides on protocol and stim dosage at kkh? Our own respective doc for eg Dr THH or e kkivfc doc on duty??

For mine was my own Doctor.. She monitored my situation quite closely.. My first IVF there was very slow growth with Gonal F so she switched me midway to Puregon.. Second one because my first IVF had v bad quality Eggs, she changed again.. But still bad.. This last IVF she changed med again in a attempt to lower the number of eggs retrieved for better quality.. Worked abit better.. =)

For mine was my own Doctor.. She monitored my situation quite closely.. My first IVF there was very slow growth with Gonal F so she switched me midway to Puregon.. Second one because my first IVF had v bad quality Eggs, she changed again.. But still bad.. This last IVF she changed med again in a attempt to lower the number of eggs retrieved for better quality.. Worked abit better.. =)
Babysteprainbow, u from kkivf?who is yr doc? Tts good to close monitoring..

Btw, I'm curious too.
Who decides on protocol and stim dosage at kkh? Our own respective doc for eg Dr THH or e kkivfc doc on duty??
Will be interesting to know too if now patients can choose doc + embryologist. But have a feeling it's not option? You got a job to do find out and let us know dramaqueenie :)

For kkivf we only see our ivf doc at consultation (she will decide what other extra tests needed, and if you're long or short protocol), during er and et that's all. And post review if you're going. The rest she has no involvement in a way.

Question on FET.

If say usually I ovulate on cd18, does it mean potentially my transfer of blasto will be on 18+5=cd23? Something like that?

Based on your personal experiences, may you share if your usual o-day has any relation to FET?

I'm making calendar count and worry that my FET may happen when I'm covering 2 of my teammates who will be away.
Abt right if natural FET. but you will be doing medicated the meds will help boost your lining (in theory!) and depends on the month's follicle size taken into consideration.

Whmc n babystepsrainbow,good luck! :)

Thanks, i need lots of that now. This morning woke up with so much bleeding, it looks like full AF liao. I am not bearing too much hope already. KK called me this morning to see Dr Jerry Chan this afternoon. I see what he says then.

Abt right if natural FET. but you will be doing medicated the meds will help boost your lining (in theory!) and depends on the month's follicle size taken into consideration.
Thanks Ron. Just crossing fingers my ET won't be too early....

Ok confirm I'll do my D&C on 13/10 the following day after I'm back but need to scan first. See all the mention about scarring keep me thinking already. I was told after D&C, lining will be at the best condition for implantation that's why the cycle right after D&C will be my fet.

Question on FET.

I did natural fet last year, ET done once detect O. If medicated I think it's controlled by medicine, that's why more predictable

Babysteprainbow, u from kkivf?who is yr doc? Tts good to close monitoring..
Im with Dr Sadhanna at kkivf.. I dont get to see her during scans but I do know she reviews my file.. Also, my first IVF when my Eggs were not growing, I was called back to see her after my morning scans.. Sometimes I see her signature against my growth table.. This round she even asked for extra progesterone check for me because I spotted and AF came early for first 2 IVFs.. =)

Ok confirm I'll do my D&C on 13/10 the following day after I'm back but need to scan first. See all the mention about scarring keep me thinking already. I was told after D&C, lining will be at the best condition for implantation that's why the cycle right after D&C will be my fet.
Hi,is there any blood test needed for e proc? did doc tan order a "type n screen blood test" n hiv tests for u for e procedure?

This shows she does pay more attention to special cases. I'm with her too.
^5! I actually considered switch docs for my 3rd ivf.. Not that there is anything wrong with her.. But I tot maybe change of Doc, change of Fengshui.. Haha.. But lucky I didnt cos she knows my condition best.. And this round, really seems more promising.. So fingers crossed for Friday.. =)

BTW, I do endo scratching before this round of IVF.. Heard it increases success of implantation.. Not sure if it really does but I did it anyway.. Will try anything that might help.. Just to share..

I think a change of doc may help to have a luck twist! But whichever you are comfortable with :)

Yes I did endo scratch by her too before my last fresh but seems didn't help.

We also have male issues.how dr matthew helped u with tt?for us,he suggested to do sperm freezing only. U can pm me if inconvenient to post it here. I am cracking my head to help my dear on male issues also. Now i let him try migrate 10 multivits n tcm.
Did dr lau did e procedure for u 1 yr ago?
I hope yr this rnd will be successful whmc! :)

Too long to post here. I have sent you a PM.

I think a change of doc may help to have a luck twist! But whichever you are comfortable with :)

Yes I did endo scratch by her too before my last fresh but seems didn't help.

Oh I see.. I just did it hoping it will make this round work.. Altho if it does, we wont know if that is the reason..

I have no cramps whatsoever today.. Or feel anything out of the norm.. It's so funny we fret when there are symptoms and also panic when there are no symptoms.. I think the 2ww is like the hardest waiting period of my life.. =/

had my pregnyl shot ydae and tmrw is my ER. Is it normal to have some kinda cramps after the pregnyl shot ? Coz thruout the injections of lucrin, puregon & saizen, I didn't feel any kinda cramp at all.

It's norm as your eggies are speeding up to pop after the jab. For me during stim I already start feeling the ovary pain. I think my ovaries are sensitive kind. Normal ovulation day I also will feel it.

Thanks Ron for your reply.

Babystepsrainbow, I am in my 2ww too and too feel stomach cramps... Hope it's not at as i usually have cramps 1 or 2 weeks before af. Understand you perfectly about these 2 weeks....

Sisters can we return to work and resume normal life after et (for fet)? I notice i got many things to do around my fet timing. Should i delay my fet for another month?

Hi straw1, I went back to work straight after FET as too have many things to clear. Did not used up any of the hospitalization leave given...fingers cross that this is not the reason for not successful. BT only on next thurs. Guess it's individual preference...

Sisters can we return to work and resume normal life after et (for fet)? I notice i got many things to do around my fet timing. Should i delay my fet for another month?
I do know someone who went back after 1 week, after implantation period which is critical. She bfp :)

during the briefing, the doc did mention if u feel ok (ie not feeling unwell) you can go back to work...but ur job must not be too stressful/needs to lift heavy stuff. deskbound should be ok. of coz when u are feeling stress....u can use ur trump card (medical leave) ;)

Straw, my BFP cycle i went back to work after d5 transfer. Took the bus, walked up stairs coz my office is a walk up.. but main thing made sure i was stress-free and took things easy. I even went to the bird park :)

2ww for FET and fresh no difference..

Straw, confirmed can go back to work. I rested at home 2weeks plus for two ivf also never bfp. Haha.

As long as you’re not a sports trainer or storeman, then can go back la. But be gentle and don’t lift heavy stuff and try not to overstress yourself ok.

Just seen doc. Dr Jerry is on leave today. I waited for 2 hrs end up see another doc who dunno the history.

But most probably 凶多吉少. She ordered for a BT today. Say if negative, means fail. If cannot confirm, BT again on Friday.

This doc say, scared is ectopic pregnancy. But then if it is, then wont start bleeding so early.

Think i more or less got my verdict. Will be sticking around here for a while more until i go for my frozen cycle.

Hi Ladies, anyone can advise whether I should visit Dr Zou or Dr TSB? What is the difference in their treatment methods and what are their charges like? Would appreciate all the info you can give me. Thanks in advance :)

Back