(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Thank you all mummies for replying me :)
My next scan is next wed.
I'm gg for dr Benjamin tham. If according to all of you, I'm 7 weeks 3 days next scan. Will I be able to see anything ?
I'm seeing the same gynae too.. Hopefully he's good.. Hope you can a healthy flickering beanie..

Im bleeding suddenly. Waiting in a&e now. Don't have much hope
Hugzzz.. It's a scary experience and hopefully it's not bad news...

Nowadays I realize I feel hungry very quickly.. But when I see food, I have no appetite.. Very conflicting message sent..

Hi everyone, been trying to catch up with all the posts before I add mine here. I just tested positive (yes I've been procrastinating, I'm at 7 weeks now), and my EDD should be 11 May. This time round very lazy, plus no time coz my hands are full with my #1 who's coming to 15 months. Hoping to make some friends here! :)

booy, hormones in overdrive. which is a good sign. :)

hi, coolbeans! congrats and welcome to our group! do you have extra pair of hands to help you at home? can be very tiring handling a toddler and being pregnant.

Yes, thankfully I have good help at home, otherwise I would have gone mad. My husband is not the hands-on type, he's only in charge of playing with my son

haha! i feel you! my hubby also not very hands on. :p i was always very frustrated about this when the kids were still tiny. imagine dealing with 2 babies under 12 months at the same time. thankfully i had my mum and maid to help during those early months (still have their help now!). right now they are like 4 and 3 years old, so not too bad. and hubby can bring them over to his parents' place over the weekend so that i get proper rest..

Wah! Hats off to you! Caring for 2 under 12 really not easy. But now that they're older and you can reason or communicate with them, must be a bit easier right?

Oh yes, definitely A LOT easier now that they can talk. That time 1 barely cruising and 1 newborn. Both cried at the same time, want milk/feeding at the same time and woke up few times in the middle of the night together. I don't know how we managed it but we did. Lol! Lesson learnt... cannot have too close age gap. Your son can communicate his needs now right? Does he stick very much to you?

My son can only babble and mimic sounds. I try to ask if he wants snacks or milk and he just stares at me blankly. His favourite word is no-no. Hahaha! He's not very sticky to me. I'm more like a weekend mum, during weekdays I spend about half an hour in the morning with him before I head off to work, and in the evening for about 2 hours before he winds down for the day.

BTW, is there a FB group that I can join? Don't want to complain too much on a public forum! ;)

My son can only babble and mimic sounds. I try to ask if he wants snacks or milk and he just stares at me blankly. His favourite word is no-no. Hahaha! He's not very sticky to me. I'm more like a weekend mum, during weekdays I spend about half an hour in the morning with him before I head off to work, and in the evening for about 2 hours before he winds down for the day.

BTW, is there a FB group that I can join? Don't want to complain too much on a public forum! ;)

Very soon, he will be talking non-stop and asking 10,000 why's in a single day. Lol!!

I'm 5 weeks plus today...trying to hold out till 7th week then see gynae since now can't scan anything. Should be okay? In the meantime I'm taking folate everyday.
I don't have much symptoms except a little sore boobs. But my lower back and uterus feel very achy since last week. Not sure if it's normal coz no one seems to mention about the aching.

happycsk, yeah it's okay to hold out till 7th week then go for scan. 5 weeks plus nothing much to see. this is your 1st baby? the achy feeling could be the uterus stretching. which is normal. :)

nauxto, more and more babies in SG! haha! quite a number of 3rd time mummies too.

Heehee yes this is my first. Actually I quite anxious to see doc but later figured actually clearblue digi quite accurate, no need confirmation from doctor again unless I want blood test. And my sis also advise me no point go so early coz can't see anything yet.

Struggling to keep awake at work. Wow how come this one the fatigue set in so fast! (This is my number 2).. also stopped my daily coffee.. still battling caffeine withdrawal headaches.. aaah

dancing, i am also a caffeine addict! i love my morning and afternoon cups of coffee. but for 1st trimester, i really try hard to cut it to max 1 small cup a day. some days if i feel ok, i try not to drink at all. so difficult.. but have to endure.

rayrachel, i'm expecting my #3. :)

Hi all, gonna take a break..... Think i am spending too much time on this. Too much radiation haha...Other mummies already in fb group pls help add any others ok? Thks!

dancing, i am also a caffeine addict! i love my morning and afternoon cups of coffee. but for 1st trimester, i really try hard to cut it to max 1 small cup a day. some days if i feel ok, i try not to drink at all. so difficult.. but have to endure.

rayrachel, i'm expecting my #3. :)
I am a coffee addict too but lately I can't stomach it! My taste buds are changing maybe due to my ms :(

I'm seeing dr Benjamin tham next week. Deciding between him and dr lawerence ang from TMC

My sis told me dr tham is def better. But more ex.

According to LMP I'm 7 weeks next week
According to dr tham website I'm 5 weeks next week. Hope to see something during the scan !

booy, hormones in overdrive. which is a good sign. :)

hi, coolbeans! congrats and welcome to our group! do you have extra pair of hands to help you at home? can be very tiring handling a toddler and being pregnant.
I tot I'm a weird case.. I simply turn off at big meals.. Can only snack more now..

Oh yes, definitely A LOT easier now that they can talk. That time 1 barely cruising and 1 newborn. Both cried at the same time, want milk/feeding at the same time and woke up few times in the middle of the night together. I don't know how we managed it but we did. Lol! Lesson learnt... cannot have too close age gap. Your son can communicate his needs now right? Does he stick very much to you?
Looks like you are a power mum here.. Now I can't even imagine 1.. 2 will be a horror for me.. 3 is something that I don't even dare to dream of..

Heehee yes this is my first. Actually I quite anxious to see doc but later figured actually clearblue digi quite accurate, no need confirmation from doctor again unless I want blood test. And my sis also advise me no point go so early coz can't see anything yet.
I'm first time too! It's gonna be a memorable experience when You see doc..

rayrachel, i am looking forward to having a newborn in the house again, actually. miss the smell of a newborn and the quiet bonding moments with one.

littlepurple
, now still have time to "shop around". hope you find a good one you can stick to for the rest of the pregnancy. :)

booy, no power mum lah. hubby and i both love kids. we also thought 2 will be enough but seems like God wants to bless us with 1 more! :D

not yet...i'm seeing two gynaes currently...not sure which one to choose...have you chosen yours?
babymarian, how do you manage to see two gynae concurrently? are you going to private gynae or KK?

I am going to private gynae and my current gynae already asked me to check up every two weeks, especially during first trisemester. I cannot imagine if I seek for other gynae, I might end up to have check up every week. Although my current gynae is ok, but I was thinking to go to KK, but heard some feedback on waiting time, I think I cannot tahan to wait for every visit.

babymarian, how do you manage to see two gynae concurrently? are you going to private gynae or KK?

I am going to private gynae and my current gynae already asked me to check up every two weeks, especially during first trisemester. I cannot imagine if I seek for other gynae, I might end up to have check up every week. Although my current gynae is ok, but I was thinking to go to KK, but heard some feedback on waiting time, I think I cannot tahan to wait for every visit.
yup, i'm seeing private gynaes...hehehe yup, the checkup schedule is nearly every week but i'm not sure how to choose cause both of them are really nice and patient...
yup, same here...i will not be able to wait for a month before seeing the baby again...need to see the baby every 2 to 3 weeks hehehe

@babymarian
Can share with me ur gynae info?
i'm currently seeing Dr Wendy Teo at Mount E Novena - she's very nice, patient and calm but my concern is her experience as she's quite young...and there seems to be no feedback or reviews regarding her stitching
the other gynae i'm seeing is Dr John Yam at Gleneagles - very nice and patient guy and he loves to make jokes hehehe very good reviews on his stitching and definitely has more experience...

Hi all, I'm also commenting on FB haha. And here also. I am considering a switch of gynae and hope to get some feedback/info from mummies for rates of consultation/ package/ delivery charges and feedback of gynaes. Thanks!

Dr/Clinic/where dr delivers/Cost of package or consult/Cost of delivery
Mine is Dr Tracey Lim/ Tow Yung Clinic/ GlenE, MtA and TMC/ $1200 for package (excluding major tests and supplements),/ delivery charge was $1350 for assisted delivery
Review: all good, no complaints, except long waiting time and it was a little pricey to me.

Mummies, I am still struggling with my ms....I don't have a lot of vomiting spells but the nausea feeling is terrible. And my hunger pangs can strike at any time...and I need to eat like immediately. Do u have any experience or remedy please? It's driving me crazy :(
One thing I learn is after eating I must brush my teeth otherwise the after food taste will make my nausea worse.

hi all, i was tested positive last week and had went to a gynae last tues to confirm the pregnancy. according to my LMP and 30 cycle days, my EDD should be 27 may and i'm officially 5 weeks today. this is my first pregnancy after trying for almost 2 years. we are very excited but are trying our best to keep an open mind as we know how vulnerable 1st trimester can be and we had our fair share of disappointment in the last 2 years.

my gynae did an ultrasound scan and spotted a tiny black bean in me. we have our next appointment in 2 weeks' time when i will be 7 weeks. hopefully things remind positive till then. congrats and smooth pregnancy to all. cheers.

hi all, i was tested positive last week and had went to a gynae last tues to confirm the pregnancy. according to my LMP and 30 cycle days, my EDD should be 27 may and i'm officially 5 weeks today. this is my first pregnancy after trying for almost 2 years. we are very excited but are trying our best to keep an open mind as we know how vulnerable 1st trimester can be and we had our fair share of disappointment in the last 2 years.

my gynae did an ultrasound scan and spotted a tiny black bean in me. we have our next appointment in 2 weeks' time when i will be 7 weeks. hopefully things remind positive till then. congrats and smooth pregnancy to all. cheers.

Hi Ah_O,
Welcome to this thread.. :) I tested last Monday positive n went to gynae on the same day coz I have pcos so I scare I might hv low hormone or anything.. As this is my first pregnancy.. Based on my apps calculation my edd shld be the same as Urs.. :) I still undergoing injection to increase my hormone level n so far my hormone n hcg (baby hormone) are doing fine.. Praying every single day to hope my lil beanie is growing well.. Hopefully next week I can hv a scan too..

Wow
Congrats dear
According to online and LMP I'm 6 weeks now
I scan last week when I was 5 weeks but they couldn't find anything :(
They said too early pregnancy :(

Hi mummies,
How do you manage ur housework plus take care of a active toddler without a helper? normal days already so tiring, now coupled with the fatigue of 1st trimester, it is even tougher. The only lucky thing is I don't experience major ms same as previous pregnancy.

Back