IVF/ICSI Support Group

Straw1 and peaches 21,

can i check with you whether the scans are all done by prof wong himself? meaning he will follow through with you for the whole procedure till final BT?

All my scans except one was done by prof Wong. The last one before the retrieval he happened to be away so a lady doctor covered for him.

Straw1 and peaches 21,

can i check with you whether the scans are all done by prof wong himself? meaning he will follow through with you for the whole procedure till final BT?
Dec, yeap my scan was all done by prof. Quite satisfied with the result, i have pcos and the med dosage only have me 10 eggs, so quality is better.

Am quite confused here, hope sisters can help to clarify.
Re eating egg whites during stim, my impression is that it's soft boiled types but read somewhere recently that it's hard boiled so which is which huh? Thank you!!

Dramaqueenie I only know it's better to take soft ones because hard ones are harder to digest. You would want to avoid indigestion during ivf. Try to let our digestion system to have less stress.

@redvel,
So both hard or soft boiled are OK. Juz that soft boiled more gentle on our digestive system ya. Thanks for sharing dear

BTW, anyone with TFC or sincere can share the after care list after egg retrieval? I remember someone shared this before but couldn't find it anymore

Am quite confused here, hope sisters can help to clarify.
Re eating egg whites during stim, my impression is that it's soft boiled types but read somewhere recently that it's hard boiled so which is which huh? Thank you!!

i read from other IVF thread..must eat hardboil after during 2WW coz cant eat raw/semi raw food.

any ladies doing their IVF in Oct?

Hi everyone, I'm new here ;)

I'm wondering, if my ER will be on this coming Thursday, how long after ER will they schedule the ET?

Very anxious •__•

Twinsy my frozen transfer is in Oct.

Lilbam, it depends how many eggs retrieved; how many fertilised, condition of your embies based on embryologist accessement; and if you doc is exploring blastocyst culture for you. No definite answer until these happened/examined.

Janices thanks. And what do you mean if you can make It? The d&c will happen regardless right?
:") my hub going Prague for biz trip and I asked him to bring us along :D
Latest by 13/10 I need to do D&C n I'll only be back on 12/10 afternoon. Do you think I should go ahead with the D&C so I can do my fet next cycle or not huh? I'm not sure too leh.

Hi, I am new here and came across this thread. I have just undergone my 1st IVF cycle and am in the 2ww. It has been fine from Et till today, when I started to have some bleeding.

I am not sure what to expect, just praying and hoping for the best.

Janices oh I guess if you feel the timing is right then go ahead for the procedure. If I were you I will do it this month. Drag further can be quite xian. Anyway enjoy your trip and try your luck on made-in-Prague baby la.

Janices oh I guess if you feel the timing is right then go ahead for the procedure. If I were you I will do it this month. Drag further can be quite xian. Anyway enjoy your trip and try your luck on made-in-Prague baby la.
Ya I don't want to drag too. Been dragging too long. I'll need to talk to doc what to be expected if I'm away.

Haha... Not possible to made-in-Prague lah I'm not so lucky. Furthermore, if I do D&C this mth meaning sure no loh

Ok then play more important for this trip Janices!

Whmc perhaps give a call to your hospital? When I had bleeding I went ahead to do BT earlier.

redvel, i called up this morning. The nurse ask me to monitor whether it will go away. She say earliest i can do BT is on Friday.

Ok then play more important for this trip Janices!

Whmc perhaps give a call to your hospital? When I had bleeding I went ahead to do BT earlier.
Haha thanks!!! I've been wanting to go Prague again for many years. Who knows I might not be able to travel again for the next 1 year? ;)

Anyone knows if e current embryologists at kkivfc any good?

Hi @dramaqueenie, when I did my 2nd fresh at KK in May, my embryologist is a lady named Cheryl/Cherryl (sp?), something like that. She had a quick chat with me just before the ET that morning. My impression of her is that she's experienced and knew what she was doing. I was doing all ICSI so she was fully responsible for all my viable eggs/embryos, haha! Overall, I'm satisfied with her. If you're familiar with the ICSI process, it seems like she has no problems catching the fast-moving sperm (the boy sperm that carries the Y chromosome swim faster than the girl X-chromosome sperm), as I'm expecting a boy.

Btw, dramaqueenie, I just got your PM message and will send you a friend request on FB soon. A little bit busy at work now. :)

Hi @dramaqueenie, when I did my 2nd fresh at KK in May, my embryologist is a lady named Cheryl/Cherryl (sp?), something like that. She had a quick chat with me just before the ET that morning. My impression of her is that she's experienced and knew what she was doing. I was doing all ICSI so she was fully responsible for all my viable eggs/embryos, haha! Overall, I'm satisfied with her. If you're familiar with the ICSI process, it seems like she has no problems catching the fast-moving sperm (the boy sperm that carries the Y chromosome swim faster than the girl X-chromosome sperm), as I'm expecting a boy.

Btw, dramaqueenie, I just got your PM message and will send you a friend request on FB soon. A little bit busy at work now. :)

Hahaha good to know the pm this time round didn't go lost in transit

dramaqueenie, I can't commend much about my kkivf embryologist as I havent got my bfp. Mine is a guy. Same for both of my cycles. Oops can't remember his name.

What medicine u took to minimise the follicle for pcos?
Ourblessed, i didnt take anything specific. Just following the jabs and the medicine list from prof. That time i took immunocal and egg whites too to prevent from ohss but luckily i didnt get ohss. And oh yeah, those 10 eggs are all fertilized and all reach blastocyst.

We can't choose our own embryologist even if we are paying as a private patient ya?

That's a good question. I did not ask to choose in my case since I did not know any specific "famous" embryologist in KKH, but I ended up with a good one anyway. Maybe you can ask them about the possibility of choosing. Let me know their answer; I'm quite curious about it.

Ourblessed, i didnt take anything specific. Just following the jabs and the medicine list from prof. That time i took immunocal and egg whites too to prevent from ohss but luckily i didnt get ohss. And oh yeah, those 10 eggs are all fertilized and all reach blastocyst.

I mean what kind of jab? Cos ohss produces alot of follicles..

Im going crazy symptom spotting! BT on Friday..
Previously 2 cycles I has spotting which turned to AF on 9dp2dt and 11dp2dt..
So I tot ok, not bad.. No such spotting at 10dp4dt now.. Then I suddenly realise my boobs have stopped being sore unless I pinch.. And I have no cramps.. Just a feed twinges in my right side.. And I tot die.. How come like getting symptomless.. And now I feel bloated like AF waiting to come..

Im officially nuts!!

Im going crazy symptom spotting! BT on Friday..
Previously 2 cycles I has spotting which turned to AF on 9dp2dt and 11dp2dt..
So I tot ok, not bad.. No such spotting at 10dp4dt now.. Then I suddenly realise my boobs have stopped being sore unless I pinch.. And I have no cramps.. Just a feed twinges in my right side.. And I tot die.. How come like getting symptomless.. And now I feel bloated like AF waiting to come..

Im officially nuts!!

Hi, i had exactly the same symptoms last week. And today have stomach cramps from morning. Bleeding seems to be getting heavier, like AF. Dunno if i shld go to the 24 hr clinic. But nurse say earliest to BT is friday. Go now dunno got any use.

Hi straw sorry have not been following thread closely. U mean u retrieved 10 n all blast. Congrats gal. Can i knw the stim jabs n dosage pls. Thanks.

Mesara that was in my first cycle in january, i think we are cycle buddy that time. Though so, i have not bfp yet and october will be my first fet month. We only need one good embryo to grow inside us right.
I think that time i was given gonal f with dosage 225 per day.

Do you all go to Dr Zou every week? She didn't say anything . my menses is due next week & l will call KKIVK centre to start on program , so do I still eat the Chinese med? Do I still go for acuputure ? Thanks!

Hi, i had exactly the same symptoms last week. And today have stomach cramps from morning. Bleeding seems to be getting heavier, like AF. Dunno if i shld go to the 24 hr clinic. But nurse say earliest to BT is friday. Go now dunno got any use.
If you dont go to a 24hr and wait for scheduled Friday BT but worried (or going crazy), consider HPT?

If you dont go to a 24hr and wait for scheduled Friday BT but worried (or going crazy), consider HPT?

Mesara,

Im dont have any spotting or blood so Hubby says dont panic.. Wait for Friday's BT..

Whmc, I suggest you push for a BT..

Just saw the doc. Given dydrogesterone and panadol. She says will try to book appt for blood test within next 2 days, if not latest friday...

Have to be on bed rest.

Ladies I'm abit lost. I'll be gng for my first appt in oct, can anyone guide me what will be the sequence or workflow like for the whole ivf procedure?

Also can i also ask y some need to go thru d&c before fet??? What does d&c mean??

Ladies I'm abit lost. I'll be gng for my first appt in oct, can anyone guide me what will be the sequence or workflow like for the whole ivf procedure?

Also can i also ask y some need to go thru d&c before fet??? What does d&c mean??
Hello,this is my experience based on kkh.
1st appt doc will see yr past records n do blood test if he thinks is needed n if yr previous blood test has crossed e expiry date. He will order neccessary scan for ladies to see yr 'inside condition'. If there is thgs like cyst or polyps etc tt he thinks need to take away,he will suggest u to take away. Some like fabriod if any n small,he may not suggest to remove it. Thats where e d&c came in(i cant rem d&c exact name but think its call dilatation n curtegge somethg like tt,u can google for exact spelling n meaning). Its is sugical procedure to remove thgs like polyps n adhesions in e womb. For guys,i think he will order sa test.
If all cleared n doc think its good to go,then he will write a memo to kkivf start ivf program in xx mth. For iui i m not sure. Hope this helps

Did consider HPT but scared the results is false negative or positive...too "chicken" to face the results...

Anyway, already seen doc at 24 hr clinic. Given hormone med to strengthen the uterus. BT on friday instead of monday.

Thanks connie_helpful, u r really helpful. Given me a clearer picture of it but Then can I ask coz I'll be seeing dr Matthew as pte patient for first appt. So it if everything fine n when can proceed with ivf, Dr Matthew himself will continue to follow-up?

Then what is workflow like when proceed with ivf??

Thanks connie_helpful, u r really helpful. Given me a clearer picture of it but Then can I ask coz I'll be seeing dr Matthew as pte patient for first appt. So it if everything fine n when can proceed with ivf, Dr Matthew himself will continue to follow-up?

Then what is workflow like when proceed with ivf??
hi preciousbeanie,no problem. I help where i know. Since this ivf boat is not easy,we should help one another.
for workflow with ivf,i cant advise le. Cos i not at that ivf stage yet,still crawling as doc nit give go ahead to do ivf yet. Hope all goes well n can embark on it /heng heng best is to strike natural soon at this juncture. I with dr matthew too, if i not wrong reading from other sis experience,in kkh u will only see yr dr in consultation,retrieval n transfer. From start of ivf in e simultation jab n scanning etc,it will be done by e doc on duty. Maybi other sis can advise u on e workflow

Back