(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Guess i should tone down a little, heed your advice and stick to simple pre natal workouts. Currently experiencing backaches and even belly feels uncomfortable too. After all I still need to climb up and down the stairs at work. Counting down to my maternity leave!

Can try to do some simple yoga stretches to relieve backaches.. It works for me and since I started doing I don't have backaches..

Hi all Oct mummies!

I've join this forum since the beginning but was not active..
Came back recently and wah.. There's ald quite a few mummies who have ald popped! Congrats to those mummies!! Hope you'll start to enjoy ur babies soon and those baby smell too!!

My edd is 25th oct and this is my #2 boy.. Jus seen my gynae today at 35wks.. Bb weighs 2.3 something something kg.. Normal she says.. My babies will be on the small side.. Really think that @Rhonna baby has a good weight!! Envious!!

Oh.. One thing I wld like to share wif all mummies is that.. Plz make full use of the lactation consultation services provided in ur hospital if u plan on bf.. They give really good advice and i think the most crucial thing abt bf is the correct latch.. So if u start out right there will be lesser problem..
Is @angel_loi still in the hospital? Get help from the lactation consultant if u are.. If u are ald discharge make an appt wif them..

I had the same problem wif my #1 and I went back to see the LC and it's really worth the visit!

Hi mummies,

I'm having engorged breast now. Baby don't latch well so I'm using breast pump instead since yesterday. No milk at all.. This morning start experience pain & harden on my breast. I tried to do hot compressed with hot towel & pump every 3 hours but there's was no improvement. Only a few drops of colostrum coming out.. :-( Any advised? I'm quite worried it will getting more harden & I heard may get fever too.

Hi Angel, u tried cabbage leave to ease the engorgement? Massage your boobies.. it might be painful but no choice. i heard can get hubby to "latch" and suck too.. hopefully it will open up the block ducts.
Think of the bright side.. at least you got milk. *wink*

Hi all Oct mummies!

I've join this forum since the beginning but was not active..
Came back recently and wah.. There's ald quite a few mummies who have ald popped! Congrats to those mummies!! Hope you'll start to enjoy ur babies soon and those baby smell too!!

My edd is 25th oct and this is my #2 boy.. Jus seen my gynae today at 35wks.. Bb weighs 2.3 something something kg.. Normal she says.. My babies will be on the small side.. Really think that @Rhonna baby has a good weight!! Envious!![/ QUOTE] hahahahaha.almost 3.6 when my bb was out,lucky i pushed him all d way.anyway dnt worry as long as ur bb is healthy its ok.

@ leo club,
Eat durian...heard bb bigger after eat Durian.

My case opposite with u.my bb 2.3kg at week 31. Now become I worry bb too big. Now I am into week 36.now going to gynae to check bb weight.i pray high bb weight is normal after I start control diet...

Hi mummies,

I'm having engorged breast now. Baby don't latch well so I'm using breast pump instead since yesterday. No milk at all.. This morning start experience pain & harden on my breast. I tried to do hot compressed with hot towel & pump every 3 hours but there's was no improvement. Only a few drops of colostrum coming out.. :-( Any advised? I'm quite worried it will getting more harden & I heard may get fever too.
Hi angel_loi, if u can't manage the pain to massage yrself, maybe u wanna call back to the hospital that u give birth & c if they provide home service. As in the lady come yr place to massage n unblock any ducts for u. V painful but v effective, as I've been thru that when I'm on home the 3rd day. I gave birth @ TMC & they hv this service...

Oh.. One thing I wld like to share wif all mummies is that.. Plz make full use of the lactation consultation services provided in ur hospital if u plan on bf.. They give really good advice and i think the most crucial thing abt bf is the correct latch.. So if u start out right there will be lesser problem..
Is @angel_loi still in the hospital? Get help from the lactation consultant if u are.. If u are ald discharge make an appt wif them..

I had the same problem wif my #1 and I went back to see the LC and it's really worth the visit!
Totally agree with u! Didn't realise that until I'm home...end up I got engorged breast n block ducts! Scare die me! Lucky manage to call for Home service provided by TMC to relief the problem!

Hi angel_loi, if u can't manage the pain to massage yrself, maybe u wanna call back to the hospital that u give birth & c if they provide home service. As in the lady come yr place to massage n unblock any ducts for u. V painful but v effective, as I've been thru that when I'm on home the 3rd day. I gave birth @ TMC & they hv this service...

I tried to hot compressed & massage myself too. It's really painful. Now I'm still trying to pump every 2-3 hours..can see few drops but not flow yet. Does it means it may be unblocked if I continue do in this way? I gave birth at Mt E, Novena. Not sure if they provide this service. I will check it out with them if by tmr my condition doesn't improve. By the way, what's the charges of TMC to provide home service?

I tried to hot compressed & massage myself too. It's really painful. Now I'm still trying to pump every 2-3 hours..can see few drops but not flow yet. Does it means it may be unblocked if I continue do in this way? I gave birth at Mt E, Novena. Not sure if they provide this service. I will check it out with them if by tmr my condition doesn't improve. By the way, what's the charges of TMC to provide home service?
May be possible if u keep on do hot compressed & massage. Coz for my case, I can feel the block ducts & my breasts starts to turn hard! Omg! Its so painful! After the lady massage, she can actually hand express out the milk!
Charges wise, she go by the hrs. Say, 1.5hrs or 2hrs etc..she total charge me ard $200+. Coz is $150+/$160+ plus $60(weekend charges) .

May be possible if u keep on do hot compressed & massage. Coz for my case, I can feel the block ducts & my breasts starts to turn hard! Omg! Its so painful! After the lady massage, she can actually hand express out the milk!
Charges wise, she go by the hrs. Say, 1.5hrs or 2hrs etc..she total charge me ard $200+. Coz is $150+/$160+ plus $60(weekend charges) .

How to know if it's block ducts? But now my both breast is already turn harden. I can't sleep a side it's so painful. I can feel both side is swollen too.

Immediately can hand express the milk? Seems so effective.. Then later on u just let yr baby latch or by pump?

@leoclub

I m same as u.. Small bb .. At week 35 , only 2.2kg. I ate durians and drink maternal milk. Shall see if her weight increases till avg for tomorrow checkup.

Gynae mentioned that her weight is light but still within acceptable range . My first one, est weight was 2.4 kg but came out at 3 kg. I hope 2nd one will be like that too.

U got try calling your massage lady if u have engaged one? Some of them can help cos they like the LC, knows how to clear block ducts and definitely cheaper than LC.

For cabbage leave, just put in your nursing bra.

@leoclub

I m same as u.. Small bb .. At week 35 , only 2.2kg. I ate durians and drink maternal milk. Shall see if her weight increases till avg for tomorrow checkup.

Gynae mentioned that her weight is light but still within acceptable range . My first one, est weight was 2.4 kg but came out at 3 kg. I hope 2nd one will be like that too.
Really? Ok I will load myself with maternal milk. Lala, can I know how much weight u have gain for this pregnancy?

I have gained 11 kg.

last preg I gained 18(horrors!) that time I started maternal milk right from the start of pregnancy. This time round only start maternal milk on week 35. I wonder is this one of the contributing factors to low weight bb.

Jts.. When I gave birth 7 yrs ago, the avg weight of newborn was2.5 to 3 kg. Gynae also mentioned that recent years, the avg weight was increasing . But he assured me not to worry too much abt the size. Some bb are genetically smaller built.

How to know if it's block ducts? But now my both breast is already turn harden. I can't sleep a side it's so painful. I can feel both side is swollen too.

Immediately can hand express the milk? Seems so effective.. Then later on u just let yr baby latch or by pump?
Coz I feel small little hard bumps when I touch my chest/breast area & my breast turning hard & painful, when I wake up or wanna lie down to sleep...I think as time goes by, it will turn harder. V scare! So I quickly call for the Home Service.
Yup! During the massage, after like 30mins-1hr I think, she actually hand express out for me. So amazing! (Coz I tot I got no milk). But subsequent I go by pump. Just so not to let it block again...after its unblocked, if u wanna latch also can lah...its even better!

@angel_loi , BF is really not easy.. Jiayou! Yea, i agree with calling up the LC... my friend also call them up and it helps alot...

By the way, I have dry milk duct stuck in my nipples, should i clear them off?? If not, during the first latch, bb is going to eat them right?? or i scared the hole will be block by the dry duct?

Visit the gynae yesterday, bb is 3.1kg at week37.... I find him big but gynae told me dont worry about the size, healthy can already.. but too big, how to pop right? aiyo... hope he will pop next week as i hope he wont be too big...

@angel_loi, try to massage urself as often as possible if you feel there's any lump no matter how painful it is , use hot towel and pump every 2-3hrs.
If not may lead to fever and worst is operation to take out the harden block duct..

@verine22, I think you should clear the dry milk duct and cleaning the nipple before &after every feed is essential

Thanks Lala & Beac. maybe this time i nvr drink maternal milk so weight gain not much. i gained ard 7kg only. Will start drinking now hopefully its not too late.

i hope the bb at birth is around 3kg lah. 3.1kg i also happy.

Guess the next few will be beac, lala, verine & me since we are about the same weeks.

Thanks Lala & Beac. maybe this time i nvr drink maternal milk so weight gain not much. i gained ard 7kg only. Will start drinking now hopefully its not too late.

i hope the bb at birth is around 3kg lah. 3.1kg i also happy.

Guess the next few will be beac, lala, verine & me since we are about the same weeks.

Am I the last one to due in October? haha. Im really worried about bb's weight also, scared too big till have to csect. Wah I'd cry man, if have to csect.

Gd day, have a last minute visit to gynae yesterday due to vaginas fungus infection. ..
I'm in the 36weeks 5day and 3cm dilated, where LO is only 2.5kg
Hope LO don't pop out so soon before I clear the infection.

Gd day, have a last minute visit to gynae yesterday due to vaginas fungus infection. ..

I was warded in yesterday 35 weeks 5 days baby estimate 3kg. Today discharging. They monitored me as I was having contractions and my white blood count very high but not sure if hv infection.

So now discharging but need to go back home take medication and bedrest!! Or my baby may come out in the next 1-2 weeks!! Which I hope not. Cos my gynae not around!!! I need to tahan till 8 oct till she come back. By then i will be 37 weeks 5days. I also hope baby won't be so big as I prefer natural birth without epidural. Hopeful all goes well!!! So nervous.

My #1 wasn't like that! He came out 38 weeks, 2.86kg!

Hi zeropanda, how do you know you got fungus infection? itch?
i'm worried too but next week should do swab test with gynae.
Don't walk too much if you dont want early labour.

I was warded in yesterday 35 weeks 5 days baby estimate 3kg. Today discharging. They monitored me as I was having contractions and my white blood count very high but not sure if hv infection.

So now discharging but need to go back home take medication and bedrest!! Or my baby may come out in the next 1-2 weeks!! Which I hope not. Cos my gynae not around!!! I need to tahan till 8 oct till she come back. By then i will be 37 weeks 5days. I also hope baby won't be so big as I prefer natural birth without epidural. Hopeful all goes well!!! So nervous.

My #1 wasn't like that! He came out 38 weeks, 2.86kg!

hey @beac & @zeropanda , be sure to have a gd rest ok. Didnt know that contractions can come as early as 35 weeks and can also dilate as early as 36 weeks. Really hope all goes well for both of you!

Hi mummies,

Angel: don't pump already. Try hand express. If you don't know how quickly find a lactation consultant to teach u. What u r having is blocked ducts. Must know to how massage to release the milk. Once blocked ducts clear u will be fine.

Am I the last one to due in October? haha. Im really worried about bb's weight also, scared too big till have to csect. Wah I'd cry man, if have to csect.
No. I hvnt given birth too. Due 26 oct. :) and just found out gyne will be on leave for 2 weeks!

@shabsrina @leocub

Yeah technically my 40 weeks is 24 oct! But i doubt I can last till then. Need to completely rest to make sure the baby doesn't pop put before 37 weeks! Keeping fingers crossed!!

Yeah my uterus seem more Sensitive this time round they say. Move abit it will harden and slowly contract so totally cannot walk around. Not even aimlessly around the house hahaah oh dear.

No. I hvnt given birth too. Due 26 oct. :) and just found out gyne will be on leave for 2 weeks!

im due on 28 Oct and my gynae is currently in his 2 weeks leave. So sian cause my appointment with him should be this week but postpone till next week. N he keeps going on overseas leave also. Haiyah.. so many times appointments had to be postponed. U mean ur gynae will be on leave during ur due date?

Totally understand the feeling coz i also very worried about bb's weight till i need to csect... *pray hard*

@beac u must really really take care then. Sounds very serious. Guess u might have overworked or something. But to think again, wah if cannot move ard much even at home...what to do ah? haha.

@beac , @popie and @shabsrina , so coincidence you 3 gynae on 2 weeks leave ah? Aiyo.. really hope bb pop when they are back..

@zeropanda , your gynae so fast check if you are dilated already? My gynae didnt check me at all even i am at by week37... did you tell your gynae something, thats why he checks?

@leocub, I did my swab test last Saturday, result came yesterday. As I'm dilated so hv to quickly seek medication.

@beac, your LO is of good weight unlike my is on the small side. Pls take care

@gg_nyssa, thanks for your concern

@shabsrina @zeropanda

Thanks! Yeah bed rest lor. Go watch all my dramas and TV series hahahahahha. Be lazy before baby comes out I guess?
I don't feel like I overwork leh. Nurses say my baby move a lot! He kicks and tosses very very often. Every 10 mins sure got smth one. So they say make my uterus more sensitive that's why harden more frequently also??

Yeah my this baby seems big leh. But estimated la. Hopefully he's slightly less at 3kg. I hoping when birth won't be like 3.5kg!! Hahaha 0.0

@beac, my baby weight pretty close to yours.. 3.1kg at week37... already i am abit mean, but really hope he doesnt grow too big... haha!
Every month there are baby being born, really hard for them to travel too ah...

@shabsrina,
Me just 36 week y.day... Doc still tell me 1st child is usually 40 weeks... If its 40 weeks then mine is 21st Oct... also towards end oct:)
My bb is 2.65kg at week 36.I have develop this pregnancy diabetes at week 28...my bb was 2.3kg at week 31.doc say slightly big... worried too big and difficult to give birth...I was on controlled diet till now and gynae ask me to continue diet as bb weight is normal...

@beac, my baby weight pretty close to yours.. 3.1kg at week37... already i am abit mean, but really hope he doesnt grow too big... haha!
Every month there are baby being born, really hard for them to travel too ah...

Haha yeah I hope my baby also won't be too big!! Ok la you're 37 weeks. Safe time already. I still below 36 weeks. :(

@verine22, I think this is a normal procedure for my gynae and it's my 2nd born tat's why she check for dilation too as I've contraction sometime. As for the swab test is standard la.

@verine22 @beac @nanadeedadee yahlor. They go holiday together is it. Haha. Really hope our gynaes will be ard during our labor. Heard a few of my friends another gynae take over their labor, some because their gynae actually in Sg but arrive late. Tsk tsk

Back