Advice needed on preparing dinner beforehand for LO

Lostkitty

Hi, as a working mother, how do you prepare dinner for the ? What type of food I can prepare beforehand n store in the fridge? What electrical appliances do you use for cooking dinner? I really need advice on this as I'm really do not know how n what to prepare for my .

Btw, my LO is coming to 3 yo n currently attending child care. Hope mummies can advice me how to do.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a working mom but I look for ways to cut short cooking n prep time. You can consider investing in a slow cooker to cook soup, an electrical steamer so you don't have to monitor it, set rice cooker on timer so it will be ready when you are home. I use breastmilk storage bags to store packets of soup enough for 1 toddler serving and use that if I don't intend to cook soup. Can also freeze small containers of pasta sauce or stock , so just cook pasta or macaroni can liao.

Hi, chanced upon this thread and thought of leaving a line. I'm a full time working mum and have always prepared dinner for my kids for the past few yrs.

My only equipment is a thermal cooker ( or magic cooker) - the type which u can cook for a while with the inner pot and leave it to simmer in the outer pot ( good thing is, no need to leave the electricity on for the whole day when you are not at home). Mine is a 2.5 litre cooker, just right for 2 kids and sometimes for myself. There is also an additional tray which u can use for steaming.

On weekends, i'll prepare portions of meat/fish & chopped veg ( carrots/pumpkin/cabbage etc) and freeze them according to the amount i intend to use for each meal. Defrost the meat/fish by bringing the required portion to the chiller section the night before, should fully defrost by morning.
So in the morning, i just cook the porridge and dump the veg in together. Before i turn off the fire and put the inner pot in the outer pot, I would stir in the meat/fish ( optional: seasoning for the porridge).

The porridge would still be warm when I reach home. Or if it is not warm enough, i will just heat it up which won't take too long.

Hope this helps.

Back