(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Depends on whether your bb is big or small... one of the mummies mentioned that the bb wear only 0-3 months for 2 weeks only....

I don't intend to buy 0-3 months, straight go to 3-6 months clothing.
i started off with 0-3mths then @lovexuan brought to my attention that some angmo size small so now i am getting 3-6months lolz
esp when i foresee princess will be big size .. my boy last time wear 0-3months ( pigeon's size for around 1 month lolz)

Ok! Thank you.

I shall buy 3-6 mths then. Going for doc appt later on. So excited to see bb

i started off with 0-3mths then @lovexuan brought to my attention that some angmo size small so now i am getting 3-6months lolz
esp when i foresee princess will be big size .. my boy last time wear 0-3months ( pigeon's size for around 1 month lolz)

this is the thing,i dunno how to agar the size,i bought mostly labelled with newborn n few pieces 0 to 3 mths.

this is the thing,i dunno how to agar the size,i bought mostly labelled with newborn n few pieces 0 to 3 mths.
since my #1 i totally skipped NB size cos they are too small :p i started with 0-3months for my boy ..i remembered i bought some 0-3 from mothercare my gosh he wear for really short while ...so wasted lolz so
for princess i have a few piece of 0-3months but the rest will be aiming for 3-6month

I am going to the Oct fair at expo, aiming to buy baby cot, baby carrier (colleague recommend Ergo), play mat if cheap, those necessities like sterilizer and stuff if its cheap.

My friends advise me to start buying slowly... if not in 3rd tri very immobile haha

I am going to the Oct fair at expo, aiming to buy baby cot, baby carrier (colleague recommend Ergo), play mat if cheap, those necessities like sterilizer and stuff if its cheap.

My friends advise me to start buying slowly... if not in 3rd tri very immobile haha

i m gg to the fair to buy cot,etc.any item short den no choice hv to find other source.if i m too tired to shop,hubby will do the shopping.for clothes,i hv better taste,so i m getting bb clothes 1st :)

Those taobao bb pj, all the pants got 1 big hole in the middle 1. I find them strange...hehe

Legacy from the older days when bb/kids wear bottoms with 1 big hole in the middle so that they can pee/shit whereever they want.

OT a little, I think it's because of these pants that they developed such a habit, that when these ppl grow up, they still do their big/small business everywhere.

i think i will find one day go waterloo street see lolz
wholesaler there ...can feel the clothes then buy lolz

i been there twice,but haven hv a good look at those home clothes which are packed in plastic bags.what i knw is,like it comes in 5 in a pack.dunno if they are flexible enuf to change colors.like for eg,if tops r in pink,blue n yellow,u happen to want all blue,dunno they can do tat or nt.end up i oni bought a rubber mat for $10.

i been there twice,but haven hv a good look at those home clothes which are packed in plastic bags.what i knw is,like it comes in 5 in a pack.dunno if they are flexible enuf to change colors.like for eg,if tops r in pink,blue n yellow,u happen to want all blue,dunno they can do tat or nt.end up i oni bought a rubber mat for $10.
so far i have no problem changing colors leh :p imho they are negotiable if you buy more lolz for me i always buy in dozen so they allow me to change

Legacy from the older days when bb/kids wear bottoms with 1 big hole in the middle so that they can pee/shit whereever they want.

OT a little, I think it's because of these pants that they developed such a habit, that when these ppl grow up, they still do their big/small business everywhere.

I bought one such Pj for my prince just to try try, heard its easy to change diapers cos you can slip baby legs out and don't need to take out the whole pants, but dunno lah, I super newbie, just try lor haha, anyway it was really cheap so if cannot wear just wear top. Lol

Is the fair really cheaper? I wanna get breast pump and stuff haven't gotten yet. But the thought of squeezing with so many pp makes me slightly hesitant. I thinking of getting the cot from ikea- only $79. Anybody use ikea cot before? Any comments?

i haven see such pants before,but so unslightly n if attract flies how...

Yeah same, I am also going to start buying things slowly. In fact, I went to the Pigeon sale last weekend and started buying quite a bit of stuff. Will chiong Baby Market in October to get sterilizer, breast pump, cot bedding...

I'm more or less decided on a Manduca baby carrier... I like that I can use it from birth without an infant insert, as compared to an Ergo and the material is slightly thinner than the Ergo. However, have not decided if I should buy now or buy after birth, as some bb may not even like carrier at all..

For stroller, most likely I am getting an Aprica. The Aprica sales person told me that it will be at the same price, so no incentive for me to buy at the fair either since there is a 1 year warranty... I will wait till closer to the date to get other stuff...

Is the fair really cheaper? I wanna get breast pump and stuff haven't gotten yet. But the thought of squeezing with so many pp makes me slightly hesitant. I thinking of getting the cot from ikea- only $79. Anybody use ikea cot before? Any comments?

Some things are cheaper, some things are same price with freebies, something are same price no discount... Need to do your homework beforehand, so you don't be overwhelmed by the selection. Good thing about the fair is that you can see many brands at one single location.

You might want to add the Mummy's Market FB on your events/friends list so that you can keep track of the good buys...

https://www.facebook.com/MummyMarket?fref=ts

Is the fair really cheaper? The thought of squeezing with so many pp makes me slightly hesitant. I thinking of getting the cot from ikea- only $79. Anybody use ikea cot before? Any comments?
my boy slept in $79 cot ..it lasted til he is 1year old
for number 2 will do the same get from ikea cos their cot is smaller can fit MBR nicely
so my big bulky cot which which i bought previously for #1 and used only 1 month will keep til and convert to toddler bed when princess is ready to sleep co-sleep with big brother in their room until their rooms are ready

dunno name it is at level one.. opp the temple behind the staircase/ toilet
lolz maybe we should organise a day trip there lolz

the shop is not easy to find one.i went there after my gynae visit at raffles hospital.back facing the temple,u gotto walk insidethe building,den walk left all the way till the end.i can bring u there if u wanna,since i nt working :) not sure if this is the cheapest home wear shop ard,i gg to check wt my frens.

the shop is not easy to find one.i went there after my gynae visit at raffles hospital.back facing the temple,u gotto walk insidethe building,den walk left all the way till the end.i can bring u there if u wanna,since i nt working :) not sure if this is the cheapest home wear shop ard,i gg to check wt my frens.
My friend told me there is another shop in AMK Central with very good prices... Not sure if the prices are as good as Waterloo Street.

rubber mat fm the waterloo street shop.my mum ask me to get this cuz its cooling for baby to lie on.
ImageUploadedByForum1411447833.827386.jpg

my boy slept in $79 cot ..it lasted til he is 1year old
for number 2 will do the same get from ikea cos their cot is smaller can fit MBR nicely
so my big bulky cot which which i bought previously for #1 and used only 1 month will keep til and convert to toddler bed when princess is ready to sleep co-sleep with big brother in their room until their rooms are ready

Thanks! When you say it last till he's one year old means he grow out of the cot or the cot spoil after one year..?

How much did you pay for this??

I saw Pigeon brand is around $20, Lucky Baby brand is around $8....

$10 from the waterloo st shop.i din knw where to buy lucky baby brand leh...i saw similar ones at departmental stores selling much higher difference is those r printed wt pictures.

Ya like on the streets... the plane seats... u name it u have it. eeks

Just finished with my gynae appt. Baby is abt 734g at 25 wks. Think abt average :) At my next appt ill have to book my choice of ward according to the nurse. Getting so close!! Anyone doing 3D scan? Is it of any good? Thinking of doing it at my next appt when I'm abt 29 weeks!

My medala pump from Amazon finally arrived. :) I only got that so far. Baby cot wise I got size constraint, my bed room has limited space and my sis bb cot is the smallest, she said the fair price is a good offer along with the beding set. :) SO I think I just get that.
I am taking leave to go to the fair hahahaa

Yeah same, I am also going to start buying things slowly. In fact, I went to the Pigeon sale last weekend and started buying quite a bit of stuff. Will chiong Baby Market in October to get sterilizer, breast pump, cot bedding...

I'm more or less decided on a Manduca baby carrier... I like that I can use it from birth without an infant insert, as compared to an Ergo and the material is slightly thinner than the Ergo. However, have not decided if I should buy now or buy after birth, as some bb may not even like carrier at all..

For stroller, most likely I am getting an Aprica. The Aprica sales person told me that it will be at the same price, so no incentive for me to buy at the fair either since there is a 1 year warranty... I will wait till closer to the date to get other stuff...

I never heard of Manduca baby carrier. my colleague tried Ergo and she felt it is a good support and the fair price is reasonable. :) I go there and see.

Stroller, we shortlisted Peg pergo mini, Aprica and Maxi-cosi. Hub felt Capella and Combi material abit not tt high standard.
U managed to buy

Just finished with my gynae appt. Baby is abt 734g at 25 wks. Think abt average :) At my next appt ill have to book my choice of ward according to the nurse. Getting so close!! Anyone doing 3D scan? Is it of any good? Thinking of doing it at my next appt when I'm abt 29 weeks!

Good news~ :) My sonographer did a 3d scan for me during the detail scan.. my baby had her hands close to her head so really can't see. Its quite special.. but I don't realy like the effect. I rather look at ultrasound haha

Good news~ :) My sonographer did a 3d scan for me during the detail scan.. my baby had her hands close to her head so really can't see. Its quite special.. but I don't realy like the effect. I rather look at ultrasound haha

issit more expensive than normal ultrasound? how much more expensive?

i know where is it ...been there many times to stock up home clothes for my boy lolz ...

rubber mat fm the waterloo street shop.my mum ask me to get this cuz its cooling for baby to lie on.View attachment 388422
no leh..not cooling at all ... they will perspire like mad ... i used that for my boy last time ... so ended up i use that as changing mat lolz

Thanks! When you say it last till he's one year old means he grow out of the cot or the cot spoil after one year..?
no ...he know how to climb out so not safe lolz ..the cot was still in good condition when we throw it away ...so sayang
cos i never expect myself to have a #2 lolz
same i find 3D scan make the baby look like alien :p so i not willing to pay to do it :p

Hello mummies, thanks for all the well wishes. Just woke up from my nap.

Been to my gynae, he said this "warning bleed" is not surprising given my very low placenta, nothing we can do except take things easy n hope that it moves up by 28 wks. He says small bleeds still ok, but if I soak thru' a large maternity pad, then will have to admit me for blood transfusion. N if placenta still like this by 3rd trimester, he suggests we go to polyclinic n get referral letter for KKH, in case I deliver v early n end up w a v big hole in my pocket at Mt E. He said before 34 wks, bb needs to be on respirator, n it's $1k a day at Mt E, vs subsidized rate of $100+ a day at KKH. He gave me 4 days hospitalization leave, n I will see him again on Monday.

Did my detailed scan at NUH in the morning before seeing my gynae, bb seems ok so far, very active, move n move until the sonographer abit fed up, haha. He's 611gm today at 22 wks 6 days, chunky monkey! :D

Hello mummies, thanks for all the well wishes. Just woke up from my nap.

Been to my gynae, he said this "warning bleed" is not surprising given my very low placenta, nothing we can do except take things easy n hope that it moves up by 28 wks. He says small bleeds still ok, but if I soak thru' a large maternity pad, then will have to admit me for blood transfusion. N if placenta still like this by 3rd trimester, he suggests we go to polyclinic n get referral letter for KKH, in case I deliver v early n end up w a v big hole in my pocket at Mt E. He said before 34 wks, bb needs to be on respirator, n it's $1k a day at Mt E, vs subsidized rate of $100+ a day at KKH. He gave me 4 days hospitalization leave, n I will see him again on Monday.

Did my detailed scan at NUH in the morning before seeing my gynae, bb seems ok so far, very active, move n move until the sonographer abit fed up, haha. He's 611gm today at 22 wks 6 days, chunky monkey! :D
that is good to hear ..bb still ok .. yes alot of gynae here are good.. if they notice anything not right they will ask patient go register with KKH they wont insist on holding on to patient just to make money

so be a good girl and listen to gynae ok

Back