Breastfeeding Less than 6 months

sugarstar

Why mothers who are able to breastfeed for more than 6 months feel so prideful about it? Are we in a competition? Does breastfeeding less than 6 months makes you a bad mummy? Does it make one love their baby any lesser?

Even when baby is not breast feed don make u not a mum, as long as u love ur baby and give them the best u can u are the best mummies.

Don have to care abt wat other ppl say abt u

Truly agreed. Dun care what others say. U r still the best mummy even if you nv breastfeed. I also din breastfeed my kid. But they are still sticky to me. Bonding thru breastfeed? To me is rubbish. Bonding is thru daily communication. Not breastfeed.

yes.i fully agreed.
I dun believe in bf..
I have some colleagues who did not give birth before and always heard from ppals saying bf is good
I feel like telling them it is rubbish.
fm also provide goods nutrients just that it is heaty that all!
孩子是你的就是你的,最终还是会找回妈妈的 !

thanks ladies.

coz somehow i feel guilty when some mums keep saying bf is how good how good, very insensitive towards mother who aint able to provide enough bmilk for their baby. made me worry about not providing bm which also acts as anti bodies for my baby. *sigh*

I truly understand ur guilt as I will feel that too. Esp when they fall sick. But we dun hv enough milk means dun hv. I cannot squeeze out more already. So what we can do is to supplement them with vitamins. Many ppl are selling colostrum powder. U can get that to supplement ur kid. It works the same way just that breast milk is free and u need to spend money for it.

Breastfeed baby will fall sick too. Is depending on individual immunity. Both my kids are FM babies and yet they are still sticky to me. Bonding is not only through breastfeeding. Think most of us are not breastfed and yet we are doing well.

Hey bf baby might not means that they are stronger than fm babies as I have seen such examples even when the bf mummies have eaten healthily. In 80s most of us are not drinking bm n yet we are still strong:)

In 80s most of us are not drinking bm n yet we are still strong:)

Haha very true. I also try to console myself using that. As my inlaw always say its becos I nv give my girl bm tat y she fall sick easy.. sigh..

My mil almost wan to get bm from my cousin becos she has too much..

I very strongly protested.. really strongly fiercefully protested until she give up :)

But as a mother I still heart pain see her sick, so now I always go fu hua buy tonic to build her up. Nv knew tonic is soooo ex...

Haha very true. I also try to console myself using that. As my inlaw always say its becos I nv give my girl bm tat y she fall sick easy.. sigh..

My mil almost wan to get bm from my cousin becos she has too much..

I very strongly protested.. really strongly fiercefully protested until she give up :)

But as a mother I still heart pain see her sick, so now I always go fu hua buy tonic to build her up. Nv knew tonic is soooo ex...
Sorry to hear that your mil wanted to get bm from ur cousin. Y not u bring her to see tcm? How old is ur gal?

I do not understand why bf good is rubbish?
if bf is not good, why all hospitals and doctors and experts encouraged mummies to breastfeed? There are so many studies that have proven the benefits of bf, also rubbish? I am really puzzled!

why bonding through bf is rubbish too? bonding doesn't means must communicate, skin to skin touching is kind of bonding too, e.g. like hugging.
There are also many studies proven, see one of it : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...thers-bond-babies--releases-love-hormone.html

Do not judge that breastfeeding is rubbish just because you didn't breastfeed, do not mislead and discourage those mummies are trying to breastfeed. Just like breastfeed mummies also shouldn't think that breast milk is the one way to go and mummies given FM is a lousy bad mummy.

All of the mummies out here just want the best for our babies, and we will do the best within our capability and ability. Do not feel you are a lousy mummy if you cannot bf your baby as long as you have tried your best. Breastfeeding is a tough journey, no every mummy is able to go through this journey, that can be affected by many many factors. And each body system is differ that some mummies dun even have sufficient milk even how hard they have tried. I do feel as long as you have done your best, do not think that you have short fall of your baby just because you didnt bf.

Although bf helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions etc but bf babies fall sick too. Doesn't mean once your baby is breastfed will be as healthy as cow.

I just just speaking out my thoughts, although I support bf but doesn't means that I am against formula. I believes that is individual choice at individual situation and environment, pls do not protest and think only what you did is right and others are wrong.

Maybe we used too strong word 'rubbish'. Ya, overall bf is gd but just hate those that discrimmate those who dun bf. And worst look at, us like we freak cos no milk...

We are all mummies. We all wan all the best for our kids.

Just to share, i am not here to show off or anything. I have been bfg my child for 8 months. But to me the reason why i continue to bf is mainly to save money because FM prices keep going up. also for convenience as i can direct latch for night feeds. but it is very tiring, even at this stage when i fell sick recently and couldn't express milk regularly, i developed infection and have to get massage lady to come. Everytime when i go out without baby for long i have to bring my breastpump and find places to pump. Before going anywhere i have to make whole family wait for me cos i need to pump before going out. I wake up an hour earlier than usual to pump milk before going to work.. In fact my hubby has been urging me to stop so i can have more rest.

I dont see it as "THE BEST" for baby or whatever. As long as u have the milk, give. If not, give FM. As to why people say there is a bond, probably cos this is something only the mum can give. To me it is also an excuse to bring my baby away from my monster in law by saying i need to nurse my child.

I think the negative comments u get from people about you not breastfeeding your child probably comes from those who are Anti FM. Haha... Sometimes these people are so easily affected by sudden drop in milk supply, as if it's end of the world.. even when sick they refuse to take med cos scared not safe for breastfeeding despite doc already said ok to consume. These people are just too over lah i feel.

I do not understand why bf good is rubbish?
if bf is not good, why all hospitals and doctors and experts encouraged mummies to breastfeed? There are so many studies that have proven the benefits of bf, also rubbish? I am really puzzled!

why bonding through bf is rubbish too? bonding doesn't means must communicate, skin to skin touching is kind of bonding too, e.g. like hugging.
There are also many studies proven, see one of it : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...thers-bond-babies--releases-love-hormone.html

Do not judge that breastfeeding is rubbish just because you didn't breastfeed, do not mislead and discourage those mummies are trying to breastfeed. Just like breastfeed mummies also shouldn't think that breast milk is the one way to go and mummies given FM is a lousy bad mummy.

All of the mummies out here just want the best for our babies, and we will do the best within our capability and ability. Do not feel you are a lousy mummy if you cannot bf your baby as long as you have tried your best. Breastfeeding is a tough journey, no every mummy is able to go through this journey, that can be affected by many many factors. And each body system is differ that some mummies dun even have sufficient milk even how hard they have tried. I do feel as long as you have done your best, do not think that you have short fall of your baby just because you didnt bf.

Although bf helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions etc but bf babies fall sick too. Doesn't mean once your baby is breastfed will be as healthy as cow.

I just just speaking out my thoughts, although I support bf but doesn't means that I am against formula. I believes that is individual choice at individual situation and environment, pls do not protest and think only what you did is right and others are wrong.

I agree.. Bf mommies n formula mommie shouldn't judge each other. None of it is "rubbish". I'm a breastfeeding mother n my supply is just enough. So i supply small portion of formula too. Yes, there r bf mommies very aggressive n against other mommy formula feed their baby. Let's not do tat. Sometimes things r beyond our control. We all love our babies n want them to grow healthy.

I agree.. Bf mommies n formula mommie shouldn't judge each other. None of it is "rubbish". I'm a breastfeeding mother n my supply is just enough. So i supply small portion of formula too. Yes, there r bf mommies very aggressive n against other mommy formula feed their baby. Let's not do tat. Sometimes things r beyond our control. We all love our babies n want them to grow healthy.
agreed..guess to some mummies able to bf for > 6 months is their pride and joy ...
for my #1 my supply is just enough but still i will use FM for night feed and i will do the same for #2 too

IMHO after 6 months baby start to take other food ..their body need to learn to build up immunity and not always depend on mummy's BF .... another reason for pple who go beyond 6 months is likely due to the fact that they are relunctant to get go of their bonding which only mom and baby can have

My colleague gave her children FM since they were born. Seeing that i am still a bfg mum, she also constantly questions me.. as sometimes i complain about my child falling sick etc. And she would tell me "Isn't BM "THE BEST"? Why r u bfg for so long when in fact your child also gets sick on and off?" I dun see a need to explain la.. On top of solids my girl only takes about 500ml per day which i am able to maintain. So what i can give i just give but if one day my supply cant meet her demand i wont continue anymore, as to me i am lazy to mix fm and bm here and there. Also she's turning 1, i intended to stop at 6 mths but well! Sometimes not that we dont wanna stop but bb refused to wean, won't take FM!

Back