(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, today I had spotting again. This time it's mixed with discharge. Again with dark brown.

Had intercourse with my partner two days ago. Will it affect?
I'm so scared that I told him no more sex until baby is safe.

Am really worried. I know if I go for a scan now I can't see anything also as I'm only 3-4 weeks pregnant :(

Thanks mummies! Im feeling better today emotionally... i know i gotta move on so as to get myself prepare to conceive again hopefully soon. Tho i dun belong here anymore but will still drop by to check on u gals! ;)

Eeznyl, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through.. praying for you that you will have good news to share with us very soon. We will be waiting for that. And definitely welcome you here to chit chat anytime at all. :) Do take care, babe.

mommymich, just stay off intercourse till your appointment with gynae then ask if it is okay to continue with it. Usually it is fine but I've heard of some cases where it really isn't recommended especially if low placenta is a concern.

Hi everyone im new here. This is gg to be my no.2. Went to gynae 2 weeks ago n could only see the sac. Gynae say still too early to see baby cos less than 6 weeks.
Im happy to have this baby but at the same time im very worried abt my job and hope i can get some advice here.
Im still in probation. My probation is 6 mths n now im into 5th mth. My manager just informed me im took too many mc n leave (due to ms) n this will affect my confirmation. When should i inform my manager my pregnancy? If before confirmation, i doubt they will confirm me. If confirm there will be pre employment check up. What should i do to secure my job?

I think you should let your manager know ASAP. Otherwise it will be very difficult to explain all that sick leave. Since only another month till confirmation, I think can still push through? Best have a talk with her bah. All the best!!

mommymich, just stay off intercourse till your appointment with gynae then ask if it is okay to continue with it. Usually it is fine but I've heard of some cases where it really isn't recommended especially if low placenta is a concern.

Thanks mommy. If the placenta is low, will it do any harm to the baby?

No, won't do any harm. Just have to be more careful as low placenta or placenta covering cervix can lead to bleeding. I had low placenta with #1 but it moved up in 2nd trimester. Can check with your gynae to find out more. :)

Hi mummies, today I had spotting again. This time it's mixed with discharge. Again with dark brown.

Had intercourse with my partner two days ago. Will it affect?
I'm so scared that I told him no more sex until baby is safe.

Am really worried. I know if I go for a scan now I can't see anything also as I'm only 3-4 weeks pregnant :(

Hi mommymich, better not to do any intercourse during your first trisemester if you find any spotting / bleeding.
My gynae told me no sex until end of first trisemester, he ask me to do anything else, but no penetration. Somehow, I am wonder what he mean by "anything else" o_O

By the way, if you find any spotting, i think you better see gynae as soon as possible. It might be sign of m/c, but to play safe better to check with gynae. Gynae will give you something to stabilise the baby first.

Hi ladies, i've been spotting since Wed though I started Dydrogestrone (2x daily) since Friday.

I also passed out small clots ( not really bloody) for the past 2 days and cramping persists though reduced.
Anyone face similar situations?

Hi everyone im new here. This is gg to be my no.2. Went to gynae 2 weeks ago n could only see the sac. Gynae say still too early to see baby cos less than 6 weeks.
Im happy to have this baby but at the same time im very worried abt my job and hope i can get some advice here.
Im still in probation. My probation is 6 mths n now im into 5th mth. My manager just informed me im took too many mc n leave (due to ms) n this will affect my confirmation. When should i inform my manager my pregnancy? If before confirmation, i doubt they will confirm me. If confirm there will be pre employment check up. What should i do to secure my job?

hi chanapple, sorry to know you are in this situation. I think it's good to be honest with your manager to let him/her know that you just discovered you are in the very early stages of pregnancy at the moment and that it is unstable hence you had not wanted to announce it due to taboo reasons. However, you do not want her/him to misunderstand that you do not care for this job. Sometimes your manager may misunderstand that you are loafing because of the mc/leave you are taking. But if they know it is because of you pregnancy, they may be more forgiving? Of course by (MOM) law, getting pregnant should have no impact on your confirmation in this job and you are not obliged to tell them you are pregnant until you are going on maternity leave in a month's time. do you know if your company is pro-family? how about your other colleagues - anyone pregnant before?

Sorry to hear the eeznyl.. hope ur body will recover soon n get a healthy little one later.

Is there a fb group? May i join as i seldom come on the forum.

Hi ladies, i've been spotting since Wed though I started Dydrogestrone (2x daily) since Friday.

I also passed out small clots ( not really bloody) for the past 2 days and cramping persists though reduced.

Are you feeling any cramps? Quickly see your gynae, as you may need hormone jabs to stabilize pregnancy. Hope everything is fine.

Hugs!! Hope the spotting stops!! Please try to see your gynae as soon as possible!

Hi mommymich, better not to do any intercourse during your first trisemester if you find any spotting / bleeding.
My gynae told me no sex until end of first trisemester, he ask me to do anything else, but no penetration. Somehow, I am wonder what he mean by "anything else" o_O

By the way, if you find any spotting, i think you better see gynae as soon as possible. It might be sign of m/c, but to play safe better to check with gynae. Gynae will give you something to stabilise the baby first.

Haha your gynae do have a sense of humor
I went for a scan last week at kkh
They used this "stick" to scan and after that, I had irritation at my vaginal area for days
I have sensitive skin and I think I might be allergic to the gel

They couldn't detect anything last week as they mentioned it could be 2-3 weeks pregnant that's why too early to detect

Bleeding subside today
Hope it stops soon :(

Gd noon mummies! New here, second time mum, first one 20months . Tried to read all the posts but a bit blur eyed half way haha.
Haven seen gynae yet, but hoping this will be a smooth preg, as I'm still bfeeding on #1 too, am afraid of complications.
Mummy eeznyl :sorry for e loss. hope u feel better now.

Chanapple, v stressful if probation but I think u shld tell ur boss bout it n reason for ur Mc n leaves. Least there's valid reason u see

Haha your gynae do have a sense of humor
I went for a scan last week at kkh
They used this "stick" to scan and after that, I had irritation at my vaginal area for days
I have sensitive skin and I think I might be allergic to the gel

They couldn't detect anything last week as they mentioned it could be 2-3 weeks pregnant that's why too early to detect

Bleeding subside today
Hope it stops soon :(
oh no! hope it's not irritated anymore! when you're around 6 weeks, they'll be able to use abdominal scan so it will be much better for you
hope your bleeding stops immediately! hugs!!

mommymich, when is your next appointment? I hated the v scan also. the pressure was really uncomfortable and the whole time I felt like I was raped by a machine. :p if want to avoid this, next round better drink a lot of water before your appointment so that the abdominal scan shows up clearer.

hi, littlepurple. welcome. :) can do abdominal scan from as early as 5-6 weeks onwards, but with full bladder. think 4 weeks still too small to detect with abdominal scan so probably need the v scan then.

oh no! hope it's not irritated anymore! when you're around 6 weeks, they'll be able to use abdominal scan so it will be much better for you
hope your bleeding stops immediately! hugs!!

Ya I'm currently 4 weeks now. Waiting till 6 weeks. But I booked appointment next wed . Abt 5 and half weeks. Do u think th will use the abdominal scan? It's slightly lesser now. Morning till now, pad not even halfway filled. So it should be okay? :( thanks !

mommymich, when is your next appointment? I hated the v scan also. the pressure was really uncomfortable and the whole time I felt like I was raped by a machine. :p if want to avoid this, next round better drink a lot of water before your appointment so that the abdominal scan shows up clearer.

Haha same! Kkh was bad. The doctor was holding the stick (with stick inside me) and she turned to talk to someone, the stick moved and it hurts so badly! Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to drink up lots!

Think u can opt not to have a v scan, usually 6 weeks onwards bb shows up better on ultrasound. So anytime after tt usual abdominal ultrasound should suffice ba.

Anyone feeling nausea all day long?? I hate the yucky feeling...isit really the feeling will subside after 1st trimester? :(

Mommymich, cal now u are 6 weeks 1 day like that. Calculates from the date of the start of ur last mens period. But if u use clear blue digital test kit, it tells u that period of conception, which may be like 3 weeks+. =)

Momocrv, for my first preg I literally vomited thru out preg tho less during end of second trim. Was so bad first trim that was admitted to hospital. Current preg prob mine still early so haven felt the nausea feeling yet, but I hope it won't b as bad as my first one!!! Hang in there, m sure it'll either get better or u will get used to it I guess.

U all go to scan and checkup thru your gynae or polyclinic?

I m 5 weeks now and just went for polyclinic they just prescribe I'm iron n folic acid and then 4 weeks later to visit again to do some blood test... Not sure do they provide ultra sound scan anot

Any mummies got any experience in this?

mommymich, you are about 6 weeks pregnant. Should be able to see sac, embryo and heartbeat via V-scan already. Possible to make another appointment with gynae soon for another check?

momocrv, mine always hit late afternoon.. morning very mild and it peaks at like 3pm till 7pm.

littlepurple, sorry can't help as I've no experience going through polyclinic before. Think they will refer you to a KKH gynae.

U all go to scan and checkup thru your gynae or polyclinic?

I m 5 weeks now and just went for polyclinic they just prescribe I'm iron n folic acid and then 4 weeks later to visit again to do some blood test... Not sure do they provide ultra sound scan anot

Any mummies got any experience in this?

I went to poly to get a referral letter to KK cos the gynae I intend to see at KK is booked till Dec so thought to go subsidised route till then. The poly just prescribed me 2 month's worth of folic acid. I did not have to do any follow-ups at the poly itself.

By the way ladies, I went thru the v scan. Thought it'd be painful like what I read but surprisingly, I felt... erm, nothing. Hahahaha. I didn't even know it was that deep inside till she took the wand out. I was 5w4d at that time.

I tried snacking whole day too but still feel so lousy. My colleagues will wonder why I am eating non stop! Arghh :( help. Hope ms wil be over soon

Mommymich, cal now u are 6 weeks 1 day like that. Calculates from the date of the start of ur last mens period. But if u use clear blue digital test kit, it tells u that period of conception, which may be like 3 weeks+. =)

I'm so confused with this
So am I 6 weeks or 3-4 weeks ? Haha!
I see people posting they are 8 weeks or 20 weeks etc. Normally is count from LMP or period of conception?

mommymich, you are about 6 weeks pregnant. Should be able to see sac, embryo and heartbeat via V-scan already. Possible to make another appointment with gynae soon for another check?

So if I'm 6 weeks now, means last week I was 5
But I went to scan , they couldn't see anything.
Normally doc would refer to conception start or LMP count ?

mommymich, normally doctor will count from your LMP at the beginning...however it depends on whether you have your periods regularly or maybe it could also be you ovulated later...
during scanning of the baby, gynaes will give you your week and the estimated due date based on the size of your baby which will be more accurate than calculating from LMP...

Yes mommymich, babymarian is right. Counting from lmp is jus the guide which ppl cal.
Wen u went for ur scan, 5weeks mostly ultrasound may nt detect still. When is ur next appt? Mayb if the gynae can clarify more of ur concerns it'll be more reassuring for u

;) Hello!! My EDD is 16 May 2015 :) went for V scan as doc is unable to see from abdominal scan.. maybe because i didnt drank any water before the scan..

Thank you all mummies for replying me :)
My next scan is next wed.
I'm gg for dr Benjamin tham. If according to all of you, I'm 7 weeks 3 days next scan. Will I be able to see anything ?

Back