IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks sisters for the consolation n encouragement. Feeling much better today but still feel depress when saw preggy ladies. Just wanna faster move on n recover to start my fet asap.

Hang in there, eeznyl. We know how difficult this time must be. We are all here to support.. hugs.

And tsf too.. a big hug to you ladies.

There will be rainbows after the dark clouds have gone.

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread. I'll be going for my first appt with dr consultation for ivf on 15/10. Dunno when then can officially start the cycle... I had been TTC for almost 3 yr, had 1 mc before. Tried Clomid for quite long still no news, current cycle follicle didn't even grow well. Did a scan on fri (day 16) biggest follicle only abt 9mm. Gynae told me this cycle won't O, ask me abort this cycle and proceed with Ivf. Would like to hear out from u all, what to eat to prepare for IvF? Also hopefully can get more support over here.. I'm still quite upset about everything..

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread. I'll be going for my first appt with dr consultation for ivf on 15/10. Dunno when then can officially start the cycle... I had been TTC for almost 3 yr, had 1 mc before. Tried Clomid for quite long still no news, current cycle follicle didn't even grow well. Did a scan on fri (day 16) biggest follicle only abt 9mm. Gynae told me this cycle won't O, ask me abort this cycle and proceed with Ivf. Would like to hear out from u all, what to eat to prepare for IvF? Also hopefully can get more support over here.. I'm still quite upset about everything..

Eeznyl big hug from this auntie. Hopefully you and your hubby can come to a concensus on the choice soon. No right or wrong method...just one that you both are comfortable with and helps to give some form of closure.

Precious beanie, lots of information on this thread. Do have a read thru the past post..and sorry to hear you hv to join this club.. but welcome with a big hug!!

Preciousbeanie, which hospital are you going? If kkh, end year its ivf is closed (if i remember correctly it is around dec-jan). If you're not in time for early Nov cycle, likely it's 2015 to start your ivf. Good luck.

Preciousbeanie, which hospital are you going? If kkh, end year its ivf is closed (if i remember correctly it is around dec-jan). If you're not in time for early Nov cycle, likely it's 2015 to start your ivf. Good luck.
yes, correct. they will stop 'taking orders' from Nov onward....

Sisters, a quick question

Am supposed to see Dr Zou twice this week but menses just reported yesterday

I tried calling their no a few times but only met with the answering machine that says they are not available now, call back later

May I know if still continue with acu during menses or do when the flow stops? I forgot to ask.

Thanks in advance

Eeznyl big hug from this auntie. Hopefully you and your hubby can come to a concensus on the choice soon. No right or wrong method...just one that you both are comfortable with and helps to give some form of closure.

Thanks redvel! Decided to go for D&C. Wanna move on faster n hopefully start my cycle soon.

I wanna prep my body a full 3 mths before attempting (juz started on acu last wk nia) so don't think can make it for the Nov cycle so most likely doing January'15 1st fresh cycle for us.

Any cycle buddies during e same period??

drama queenie : Dr Zuo do not encourage acupuncture when u are having your menses. so no need to go until you clear up. say 5 days after your 1st day of menses.

Eeznyl : is good to go for D n C cos clear up once and for all. if go natural, the fear is not being able to clear all and hve to do D n C lor. yeah is a short procedure. a sleep and when u wake up, everything is done.

Dramaqueenie new year new vibe! Jan 15 will be a good start :)

Eeznyl when will be the procedure? Will be thinking of you. Hugs.

Eezynl and Tsf

Am very sorry to hear. My thoughts are with both of u.

Juz to share, last week when I saw Dr zou for e first time n she asked why want to try ivf n I told her it's because of my stillborn boy delivered at 24wks, perfectly healthy but at less than 500g, too tiny to survive out of womb n she shared w me this story abt another lady who also delivered her baby at 6 mths, her baby was 600+g n she pleaded w the doc to save e baby even though e docs weren't too encouraging, the baby survived but now had some developmental delays etc at 3 yo.

Of course I'm not saying that e mom did e wrong thing. I think any moms will do what she did in e same situation. But this made me realised that some things are beyond our control n that everything happens for a reason. I felt more at peace believing that God took my baby away to spare me from an even greater tragedy for God could hv taken other things away too.

So ya, rainbows n baby dust to all still waiting

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the stories dramaqueenie. I always believe so about God's plan.

I know some ladies here go to great lengths in this ttc journey, be it at which stage. But there's always a reason behind everything...

Let's keep our prayers.

Dramaqueenie new year new vibe! Jan 15 will be a good start :)

Eeznyl when will be the procedure? Will be thinking of you. Hugs.

I saw Dr Tan last sat n at that moment i decided to tk the pills instead of d&c. But after reading some scary stories online over the weekend on taking the pills i chg my mind. Just call up kkh this morning n they say will email Dr Tan... now waiting for the call but i dunno will wait for how long. My HL till this friday only so im worry the later i get it done, the lesser time i have for mini confinement. Im struggling now on whether shld i just tk the pills.

Eeznyl, I did dnc last year when I had mc at wk7. My Dr dun encourage take pill, he scare I can't take the blood loss n not clean. Still it's a painful decision But it was more clean in the End for me so tat I dun have to worry abt spotting n etc

Eeznyl, I did dnc last year when I had mc at wk7. My Dr dun encourage take pill, he scare I can't take the blood loss n not clean. Still it's a painful decision But it was more clean in the End for me so tat I dun have to worry abt spotting n etc

Thanks for sharing! Ya im nt gg to sit ard waiting for the call... will go dw kkh look for Dr Tan directly to request for DnC to be arranged.

I think MC procedure choice is very personal. As much as d&c has its pros, we must not forget that some ladies choose natural maybe for holistic reason; maybe medical reasons; or maybe for many other personal reasons which only the baby's mother can relate. Besides, natural MC doesn't always end up not dispelling clean. I'm one good example (although mine wasn't a deliberate choice. Doc had pre warned me of possible mc. And true enough it happened naturally).

These external opinions are just our personal choices, Eeznyl. There will not be a best method. I'm sure you know what's best for your situation.

reaching the last few stages of my ivf. tomm will be my ER, is the fertilization 100% if there are eggs and sperms avail?

Hihi, i have already done 2 fresh cycles but failed previously with KKIVF. Now am thinking to try for a final time but thinking of NUH or SGH. Any feedback comments would be welcome. I have read and it seems like NUH, Prof PC Wong is not bad. Am looking for better care this time round. Any advice, feedback would be very much appreciated. Oh and also how much does an average fresh cycle at NUH cost with Prof Wong? Thanks in advance!

Hihi, i have already done 2 fresh cycles but failed previously with KKIVF. Now am thinking to try for a final time but thinking of NUH or SGH. Any feedback comments would be welcome. I have read and it seems like NUH, Prof PC Wong is not bad. Am looking for better care this time round. Any advice, feedback would be very much appreciated. Oh and also how much does an average fresh cycle at NUH cost with Prof Wong? Thanks in advance!
did they mention why fail?

reaching the last few stages of my ivf. tomm will be my ER, is the fertilization 100% if there are eggs and sperms avail?

Hi Kymkym, fertilisation is never 100% even with eggs and sperm available. Some eggs after extraction, may not be mature enough or they are over-mature, so those won't go through fertilisation. With natural IVF (eggs and sperm in petri dish), it is not guaranteed fertilisation, success rate on average is 50%. In my case, for my 1st fresh, the sperm was just not attracted to the eggs at all so the entire cycle was wasted. With ICSI, the success rate is higher (70% instead of 50% for natural IVF) but still not 100%. For my 2nd fresh, out of 10 mature eggs, 8 fertilised with ICSI. Then after that, not all fertilised embryos develop well enough to be transferred or frozen. I lost 2 out of the 8 embryos in my case.

I think MC procedure choice is very personal. As much as d&c has its pros, we must not forget that some ladies choose natural maybe for holistic reason; maybe medical reasons; or maybe for many other personal reasons which only the baby's mother can relate. Besides, natural MC doesn't always end up not dispelling clean. I'm one good example (although mine wasn't a deliberate choice. Doc had pre warned me of possible mc. And true enough it happened naturally).

These external opinions are just our personal choices, Eeznyl. There will not be a best method. I'm sure you know what's best for your situation.

Agree... its a personal choice. I wld want a natural miscarriage ideally n hope that everything goes thru smoothly but on the other hand i wanna close this chapter faster n move on. Im still worry abt having a D&C but i can only pray hard that it goes on smoothly without any problem n scarring. Who knows it might just start naturally b4 my D&C... hopefully.

Hi dec i am with him. He is okay, i feel comfortable with nuh. My first fresh was about 12k in total

Hi Kymkym, fertilisation is never 100% even with eggs and sperm available. Some eggs after extraction, may not be mature enough or they are over-mature, so those won't go through fertilisation. With natural IVF (eggs and sperm in petri dish), it is not guaranteed fertilisation, success rate on average is 50%. In my case, for my 1st fresh, the sperm was just not attracted to the eggs at all so the entire cycle was wasted. With ICSI, the success rate is higher (70% instead of 50% for natural IVF) but still not 100%. For my 2nd fresh, out of 10 mature eggs, 8 fertilised with ICSI. Then after that, not all fertilised embryos develop well enough to be transferred or frozen. I lost 2 out of the 8 embryos in my case.
thks for the advise.
normal if i feel sight cramp the day b4 ER?

Eeznyl, don't think so much. Just go with what you think is best. I had a dnc once and a natural miscarriage once. Natural miscarriage is painful. I was moaning in bed (the bad kind) until a lump came out when I pee. Only then did I feel better. Dnc is faster and sometimes it might just clear up things in there. My first iui worked after dnc and doc suspect it could be due to the dnc. Sadly it didn't work again.

Redvel,

I'll be gng Kkh seeing Dr Matthew. Hopefully I can catch the Nov cycle then... If really closed and need to start Jan then also no choice, all it's god arrangement n my fate Liao...

Good luck for ur fet.

Thanks preciousbeanie.

If it's really going to be Jan for your ivf, take these few months to do all non ttc! I would plan for holiday and holiday. :)

Dr didn't tell me abt this option but i did read up online on naturally miscarriage. Ideally i would prefer this but I dunno when it will start n how long it will take. I still feel unwell as in bloated stomach n dizzy constantly so i just wanna faster close this chapter n move on.
Understand how you feel. I bled for 1 month, straining physically n mentally. But I wasn't told to do D&C, just asked me to MC naturally. My 2nd mc doc asked D&C or naturally. That time was cny period, hub said dun go hospital so let it naturally. Whatever your decision, jiayou!!!

Last edited:

Hi dec, I did my ivf with prof Wong and am very satisfied with the level of service and care there. An average cycle cost between 10k to 12k depending on the dosage of meds I think.

Straw1 and peaches 21,

can i check with you whether the scans are all done by prof wong himself? meaning he will follow through with you for the whole procedure till final BT?

Back