Any comments on Catholic Kindergarten,Kovan

Hi. My daughter is going to Catholic Kindergarten for N1 next year. Any idea where to get comfortable white school shoes for her ?

My son graduated from ck. I have nothing but praises for them. Teachers and principal are very caring. They also adequately prepared my son for p1. Only thing is the hanyu pinyin not as adequate, but u can sign up for the Chinese speech and drama. Every morning they will say The Lord's Prayer.

I'm thinking of sending my kids to CK (nursery) 2015 bec I like the environment. How r the teachers? Do they have freq update/communication with parents?

We live in Punggol. Any idea wat time bus pick up from pg /send back? Wat is the sch fees?

I'm thinking of sending my kids to CK (nursery) 2015 bec I like the environment. How r the teachers? Do they have freq update/communication with parents?

We live in Punggol. Any idea wat time bus pick up from pg /send back? Wat is the sch fees?

Just registered my daughter for Pre-N. :)
The fees are $630/term. not sure bout the bus timings.

They r not sure abt the bus timing coz it depends on next year's students. But she mentioned many students from sengkang n Punggol area.

My frd's kids r in this kindy now. She's full of praises for it. She mentioned it has a well-balanced curriculum on academic & play-based learning. Enrichment classes offered by the kindy are gd too. Her 2 kids r v happy there. Previously they were in a childcare centre.

The teachers & admin were v friendly when I was there for registration. The kids seem happy when we visited the sch.

Last edited:
Hi,
I missed this year registration and my daughter is under waiting list for N2.
Any chances to get the seat for next year ? Any mummy can advise ?
The admin call me and they open new afternoon class.
Any mummy register the child for afternoon session ? I'm still considering as my daughter normally take aftenoon nap around 1 - 2 pm.

TIA

I registered my daughter for 11am - 2pm session. Is that the afternoon session you referring to?
She also tends to nap about 12noon, but I found the 8am session too early, just have to start adjusting her nap times.

My girl just started at pre-N! They had vacancy after someone withdrew at end of 2nd term. Although she can't express verbally how she feels, we observed she's v happy to go to sch.

Hi, can anyone advise what things we need to buy to prepare for nursery at catholic kindergarten? We are currently residing overseas and just enrolled my daughter into N2 next year. We won't be able to attend the orientation.

So from what I read we have to buy white shoes? Should I be getting name labels too?

Hi, can anyone advise what things we need to buy to prepare for nursery at catholic kindergarten? We are currently residing overseas and just enrolled my daughter into N2 next year. We won't be able to attend the orientation.

So from what I read we have to buy white shoes? Should I be getting name labels too?
other than school uniform and name labelled your daughter's water bottle there is really nothing much you need to do

the orientation is more for parent to understand what the school will teach and to purchase uniforms and PE attire and that's about all .

books / stationary cost are charged together with school fees so thats about it

Hi, anyone can share the bus fees?

I called the bus driver to check on 2-way bus fees from CK to Yio Chu Kang area, the lady told me $180.
Too pricey for me, cos my son will also start schooling the year after, so I just have to find ways to send my girl to school myself.

Hi, would anyone be able to share how much we have to prepare for the uniforms & PE attire? And any other costs as well. Thanks!

Hi, would anyone be able to share how much we have to prepare for the uniforms & PE attire? And any other costs as well. Thanks!
depend on how much you need to buy and what size ... i recently bought another set of PE attire for my son and it cost $21 for L size . i always buy 4 set of uniform and 1 set of PE attire and it cost me around $100+/-

as for other cost ... if you are not paying by CDA then you need to prepare term fee and stationary fee

depend on how much you need to buy and what size ... i recently bought another set of PE attire for my son and it cost $21 for L size . i always buy 4 set of uniform and 1 set of PE attire and it cost me around $100+/-

as for other cost ... if you are not paying by CDA then you need to prepare term fee and stationary fee

Thank you!

I heard catholic Kindy is temporarily moving to another location for 12-18mths while they renovate the current place.

Anyone received any official letter on it already?

I heard catholic Kindy is temporarily moving to another location for 12-18mths while they renovate the current place.

Anyone received any official letter on it already?
that is what i heard to.. but i have yet to get any official letter from the school

Just for a notice from school today. They will move to Marie Stella school premise off Bartley road next year .. Temporary while the school reconstruct new building

Sigh, Punggol to Kovan takes us 30mins to travel by public transport. Now to Bartley?!
Going to let my child take school bus next year.

I'm just hoping they don't increase the school fees after rebuilding. :(

They will be relocating for about 18 months before shifting back to Flower Road.

I'm just hoping they don't increase the school fees after rebuilding. :(
They will be relocating for about 18 months before shifting back to Flower Road.

i guess there is a high chance it will increase ... they may have subsidies from church or MOE to rebuild but other cost will increase accordingly guess no choice

Hi All

I have registered my son for N1 at Catholic Kindy next yeat in 2015. He will only be 30month old then.

Currently residing in Punggol too. With the shift from Kovan to Bartley, the travelling distance will be longer. Enrolled him for the morning 8am session. if taking school bus, the pick up time will be before 7am? Sound v early hor!!!!!:(

Would like to hear more from parents of existing students at CK. Anyone letting their LO takes the school bus, how much and what are the pickup and drop off timing etc.?

my boy will be K1 next year ... and we stay in sengkang ..currently we drive him there every morning ( time estimated 20 mins) and my mom staying in hougang will pick him up ( 2 bus stop away ) , if next year they move to bartley then no choice have to take school bus cos the journey from sengkang to bartley is quite jam and i also dont want my mom to travel so far to fetch him giving that next year #2 will arrive too ..

my nephew took a bus to Catholic when he was schooling there and it cost $120 ie for from hougang (mom's place) to School and back. wonder has the price increased given that the distance is further now from sengkang to bartley and from bartley to hougang .. i am going to draft email to ask the principal later hoping to get more information on the transportation

my mom told me several parent of existing student are planning to switch school to Pat's schoolhouse at lim ah ping road . cos many expressed concerned that the temp location is simply too far for them . but for me i think i am likely to stick to it

PTB7674,

Do update us on your queries and correspondences with the principal. I read somewhere that the school bus from Kovan-Punggol around $160. Hence if its further away to Bartley, it could well be higher than $160. Looking at it, the transport fare is more than 50% of the monthly school fees ($630/10 weeks x 4 weeks) = $252. Think the school bus fee charged by the operator for CK is on the high side.

Perhaps those students planning to switch are those staying in Kovan (Kovan Melody/Residence) or Hougang Ave 1 area where CK is within walking distance and no transport arrangement is required. Usually the kids are picked up by the caregivers and walked home. Therefore, the change to a nearby preschool like Pats or St Paul's Church Kindy sound reasonable. For me, St Paul's is a good alternative. I heard pretty good review of the kindy too. Pat's v expv and its a child care right?

Aside from the shift and transport, what's your views on CK since your boy has been there for at least a year?

PTB7674,

Do update us on your queries and correspondences with the principal. I read somewhere that the school bus from Kovan-Punggol around $160. Hence if its further away to Bartley, it could well be higher than $160. Looking at it, the transport fare is more than 50% of the monthly school fees ($630/10 weeks x 4 weeks) = $252. Think the school bus fee charged by the operator for CK is on the high side.

Perhaps those students planning to switch are those staying in Kovan (Kovan Melody/Residence) or Hougang Ave 1 area where CK is within walking distance and no transport arrangement is required. Usually the kids are picked up by the caregivers and walked home. Therefore, the change to a nearby preschool like Pats or St Paul's Church Kindy sound reasonable. For me, St Paul's is a good alternative. I heard pretty good review of the kindy too. Pat's v expv and its a child care right?

Aside from the shift and transport, what's your views on CK since your boy has been there for at least a year?
sure will do .

wah prices has gone up already $160 .. actually i dunno the market price for transport hence not sure they are cheap or exp ..

those planning to switch do stay around that area. my mom did asked me do i want to change i told her that is a child care it is more exp ..but their grandma / SAHM told my mom pat school is cheaper ..no idea how they did the sum lolz

i am ex catholic kindergarten student lolz and my boy has been there since pre nursery so that is almost coming to 2 years... personally i am ok with the school in terms of learning they are not in the rat race like some CC so my boy get to learn at his own pace and they also have play time during that 3 hrs .. as my boy have not been to CC before hence i cant really compare his like and dislike in 2 diff environments. as long as he dun resist going to school... he sing and play what he learnt in school... i am fine with the school

My elder daughter (currently in P1) was previously attending a church based kindergarten at Punggol end area. That kindy used to be very popular for those staying in Punggol and Sengkang. The school bus fees was $70-$80 (Punggol/SK area), $90(Hougang-Punggol). Understand that it has increased to the range of $105 - $130 this year though. Nevertheless, still cheaper as compared to CK.

However, in terms of school fees, that Kindy has a 2 folds increment from $480 to the range of nearly $900 per term now in the last 3 years.

Glad to hear positivie reviews from u :) Agree that as long as the kid is happy attending school and learning well, the school dun have high teacher turnover rate etc, thats my foremost concern too.

My elder daughter (currently in P1) was previously attending a church based kindergarten at Punggol end area. That kindy used to be very popular for those staying in Punggol and Sengkang. The school bus fees was $70-$80 (Punggol/SK area), $90(Hougang-Punggol). Understand that it has increased to the range of $105 - $130 this year though. Nevertheless, still cheaper as compared to CK.

However, in terms of school fees, that Kindy has a 2 folds increment from $480 to the range of nearly $900 per term now in the last 3 years.

Glad to hear positivie reviews from u :) Agree that as long as the kid is happy attending school and learning well, the school dun have high teacher turnover rate etc, thats my foremost concern too.

school in punggol are hot cakes ..there mass market of attendees so they definitely increase price lolz ..
the govenment built so many hdb and sold land for private property but they never built enuff amenities for the residents there

yah dun have high teacher turnover in CK ..but now the move to temp location is creating inconvenience for us ...
i am wonder who's decision to move so far ..shouldnt they find a temp location that is near current ..esp when they know most student are from that area

Currently the bus pick up from Punggol is btw 7-7.15am. If it's at Bartley, I guess will be btw 6.45-7? I see if I can find out more from the sch bus aunties.

What I heard was the renovation was requested by the authorities. The kindy couldn't find suitable temporary site near Kovan so had to move to Bartley.

I switched my girl from childcare at kovan to CK bec she was falling sick v often at cc. She's v happy at CK now. And I feel she's learning more at CK compared to cc. I'll continue her at CK (Bartley) since she will have maybe 1yr at the new premise in future. Plus my younger kid will go CK in 2016.

Hi usaginoko,

Ur kid taking school bus both way? My hubby thinking of sending him there and school bus home. Will Chk with the transport provider on orientation day.

So ur gal in nursery this yr?

Hi Shanmum

My girl is in Pre-N now. My hb bring her to sch by bus+mrt and my mum fetches her home. We had planned to let her take sch bus (both way) next yr even if CK not moving, to make life easier for my hb & mum.

Hi usaginoko,

I see. You staying in punggol area right? perhaps our kiddos could be on the same bus next year :)

Glad that I found this thread and "meet" CK kiddos' mummies.

Hope to see you all and updates after the orientation day if you are going.

Have a good day ahead!

Hi usaginoko,

I see. You staying in punggol area right? perhaps our kiddos could be on the same bus next year :)

Glad that I found this thread and "meet" CK kiddos' mummies.

Hope to see you all and updates after the orientation day if you are going.

Have a good day ahead!

Hehe, I'll probably see you on orientation day too. :)

Usaginoko, my younger one will also be joining CK in 2016, maybe they'll be classmates!

my mum told me yesterday one of the mummy of existing student currently paying bus fare of $160 has been quoted $190 when move to Bartley ... but she forget to ask it is from where to kovan now lolz ...

The school replied my email said they will give us 2 contact no of bus operators that will ferry kids around kovan/hougang/Sengkang / punggol to Bartley road

There is another unofficial news that the school will have a parent day meeting on 11 oct that will brief parent on the move . But yet to get the memo

my mum told me yesterday one of the mummy of existing student currently paying bus fare of $160 has been quoted $190 when move to Bartley ... but she forget to ask it is from where to kovan now lolz ...
I was quoted $180 from Yio Chu Kang to Kovan. So I decided to send her and pick her up everyday from school instead. My petrol cost prob cheaper than that. :p

11 Oct is also the orientation, looking forward to introducing my girl to her school and hopefully she'll make some friends!

I was quoted $180 from Yio Chu Kang to Kovan. So I decided to send her and pick her up everyday from school instead. My petrol cost prob cheaper than that. :p

11 Oct is also the orientation, looking forward to introducing my girl to her school and hopefully she'll make some friends!
so the price from yio chu kang to bartley will be higher ..

if you can afford the time to pick, then u can continue to do it ..i think that is still the best option

Attended the orientation today! The school mgmt committee tries to answer the queries and concerns from the parents. Guess, many stakeholders are involved and the move is still pretty uncertain till the authorities gave the approvals.

For the school bus, heard that the px will stay at $160 even after the move to Bartley. Pick up around 7am.

Back