(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I'm in labour 12hours cause only dilated 2cm. So they gave me contraction drip at about 7am. N start practicing to push at 11am before doctor come. My baby was out at 12noon. After baby out I felt so giddy and puke alot. I took about 3-4 hours room recover. My baby weights 3.08kg @ w37.

Congrats to u.. Good weight for baby too. Do rest well..

Today I will be discharged with my lil sweetie.. Start our confinement journey..

Can't wait for my 3rd darling to be out in October like other mummy! Just want to share that I am not going to be afraid of weight and fats after oct. I've signed up for Slimming 101 treatments. Can't wait for all the happiness of a slim tummy plus a cute and adorable boy addition into my life.

@purple_luv , this is the toiletries from Tmc
PhotoGrid_1411358785097.jpg

Oh ya, another highlight of Tmc is free Wifi :)

Booked 4bedder but was upgraded to 2bedder. 2 car park vouchers were given. $3 each (car park rate here is exorbitant!!!) Park since morning till now $40!

Paid 3k as deposit. Estimated total bill is 9.8k before medisave. Amount looks huge. But then got to wait for final bill during discharge then can confirm le.
See the estimated amt almost fainted cos 2yrs ago at mt.a I only paid less than 2k in total.

Congrats to your newborn! Thanks for the info & look forward to your updated bill when discharge... hope the actual bill won't be so high...

hi all, my edd is 14 oct. thinking of natural without epi too. any tips to help in the pain during the waiting and delivering process? im also afraid tt my legs will cramp. just to check if i should start putting padding in case water bag burst or discharge? i only startin my maternity leave from 3rd oct. n how many sets of bb clothings i should prepare for hospital bag? do i need to bring diaper, milk powder those?

hi all, my edd is 14 oct. thinking of natural without epi too. any tips to help in the pain during the waiting and delivering process? im also afraid tt my legs will cramp. just to check if i should start putting padding in case water bag burst or discharge? i only startin my maternity leave from 3rd oct. n how many sets of bb clothings i should prepare for hospital bag? do i need to bring diaper, milk powder those?

I'm gg to try without epidural this time round as well. Well from what I learnt from my 1st - it's that try not to induce, as inducing will cause your body to contract more and faster making it more painful. However the upside for inducing is that the labour time is probably shorter than a full natural birth.
I'm gg to try to use some essential oils to aid in my natural birth. It is also best not to burst your waterbag intentionally as the contractions will be more painful apparently?

Pad is up to you. I will put cos I have daily discharge.
Baby clothes is just take home clothes. Diapers the hospital will give you one pack normally. Milk powder no need, do you plan to BF?

i think to bring socks for own wear is impt too esp in delivery suite.. exposed to air con for duno how long..
Back in room at least got blanket. my personal experience lah.

Tmc provides socks. They put on for u before push u into delivery ward. I bring another 2 pairs cos theirs not very comfortable. Must bring own panties/disposable panties. They will provide 1 disposable but very small size. Bring your own pad also. They use 1packet in a day. So they ask if I want to purchase another pack. But I prefer my own with adhesive.

@verine22, yes yes.. wear socks to the delivery suite.

@agaga, TMC so good? the last time i deliver there dont have leh and my hubby needs to keep rubbing my frozen feet.
Yes. i will bring my own pads rather than to use their kotex. lol.

One packet in a day? Why the usage so high or u bleeding a lot ah...

I'm gg to try without epidural this time round as well. Well from what I learnt from my 1st - it's that try not to induce, as inducing will cause your body to contract more and faster making it more painful. However the upside for inducing is that the labour time is probably shorter than a full natural birth.
I'm gg to try to use some essential oils to aid in my natural birth. It is also best not to burst your waterbag intentionally as the contractions will be more painful apparently
My friend's gynae burst her waterbag, and she cannot tolerate the pain so in the end inject epidural. After 2 hrs bb come out. She say with the laughing gas also no use.
Apparently, Both of us having same gynae.

Thanks @agaga for the pic

@purple_luv yeah that's what I realise also. If you read up online that's what a lot of people say. If induce, it's normally more painful causing you to opt for epidural then epidural you may hv side effect then cannot push properly then resulting in forceps or vacuum.

My gynae burst my waterbag for #1 also. So now I will tell her I don't wanna induce lor.

Hmm.. if dont induce, then just wait for dilation naturally? my last also gynae break waterbag cos doesnt seem to dilate much after waiting for hours.
Any other way to speed up dilation?

Just checking, currently in my 35-36 week. From last week I started climbing stairs to 8th floor everytime I got home from work in hopes that it will help to ease my labor pain. Can check if any of u do pre natal exercises? If yes, mind providing some tips/advices? Thanks.

@leocub , don't think bleed alot leh but they very on keep changing pad for me and everytime uses 2pads. So 1packet kotex finish so fast lor...

@beac burst of waterbag means induced? But if the gynae do so, we cant stop him also.
@verine22 yup dr adrian. She gave birth 4mth back. Whole labour takes abt 6hr. Assisted Natural with epidural.

Btw will gynae cut the vaginal instead of waiting for dilation?
Btw i intend to use normal night pad(longer padding), not those maternity pad. Its fine right?

@shabsrina , seriously??? i feel climbing up the stairs is a chore... Beac did do some exercises and she shared some photos... can find at post #2370 on Aug25...

have to force myself lah..no choice. cause they say 1st baby usually tougher & longer labor. My feet swelling like elephant feet also I force myself slowly. haha.
Found the post. Wah jialat, dont know if can bend like that or not. haha. But thanks @verine22 . =)

@purple_luv yeah that's what I realise also. If you read up online that's what a lot of people say. If induce, it's normally more painful causing you to opt for epidural then epidural you may hv side effect then cannot push properly then resulting in forceps or vacuum.

My gynae burst my waterbag for #1 also. So now I will tell her I don't wanna induce lor.
Agree,induce more painful coz they will do everything inorder to burst water bag.my first one my water bag just broke then went to hospital then induce me,more faster actually to induce f ur water burst.but ds time around my water never burst,so i realise nxt time if ever i will have a third bb,its better to wait and let the water burst by itself.no choice ned to induce my 2nd one coz so big already,im just lucky that i can tolerate the pain.and never tok epidural.and deliver normal.but i told myself im not gonna induce anymore,just wait for the feeling lah

Hi, I new here. Currently am a mother of 2 and 3rd one on the way, EDD 7 Nov but think maybe might deliver end Oct.
Delivered my 2 boys naturally without epi at birth weight 3.69kg & 3.77kg. Hope to deliver my 3rd one the same way too.

Congrats to all the new mummies :)

I'm in labour 12hours cause only dilated 2cm. So they gave me contraction drip at about 7am. N start practicing to push at 11am before doctor come. My baby was out at 12noon. After baby out I felt so giddy and puke alot. I took about 3-4 hours to recover. My baby weights 3.08kg @ w37.
CongratZ!

I actually wanted to climb stairs too but I scared will result in early labour. Maybe I will climb when my bb is of good weight. Right now till too small.

Re: induce

I was induced for no1. But it was a fast labour. I heard induce will speed up dilation. But contraction more intense.

@shabsrina @lala
My 5 cents worth. Dont need to climb stairs ah, i think just walking is enough. Stairs seems abit too harsh to me. So I stick to walking and to prenatal yoga/stretches.

Hi, I new here. Currently am a mother of 2 and 3rd one on the way, EDD 7 Nov but think maybe might deliver end Oct.
Delivered my 2 boys naturally without epi at birth weight 3.69kg & 3.77kg. Hope to deliver my 3rd one the same way too.

Congrats to all the new mummies :)

Hihi! Welcome. Wah your first and second quite heavy ah!! Somemore can do without epidural. Strong mummy! So for your third one? Boy or girl? hehehe

Ya, my gynae said should be my genes so most likely all my babies will be on the bigger side. I am expecting a little girl now

@verine22 , any socks will do but higher one better than just ankle socks lor.. hospital use kotex tie type. I use sofy with wings..
Ooo.. okie noted.. i bought both the kotex string and adhesive.. both not long enough i feel.. 28cm only.. back flow how sia... am thinking if should buy normal pad..

@shabsrina @lala
My 5 cents worth. Dont need to climb stairs ah, i think just walking is enough. Stairs seems abit too harsh to me. So I stick to walking and to prenatal yoga/stretches.
Yea @shabsrina n @lala, yea loh.. climbing stairs seems harsh leh.. dun over exert urself leh.. dont force urself too much.. just like what @beac say, i also heard just walk more will do.. dun push urself too much..

Ya, my gynae said should be my genes so most likely all my babies will be on the bigger side. I am expecting a little girl now

Congrats in your girl! :) my #1 boy. And this pregnancy is also boy. Hahaha. Hopefully if I ever try for a third I can get a girl hahahaha.

@verine22, My deliveries were quite fast. my #1 waterbag leaking at almost 39 weeks. Went to hospital and was put on drip. Delivered after 2 hours of intense contraction But I pushed for almost an hour. #2 was induced at week 39 bcos of his size. Induced using drip. Gynae burst my waterbag when fully dilated. Pushed for less than 10 miss as baby is very low.

@beac, hope you'll get a little princess for the 3rd try!!
Actually this is my 4th pregnancy. My 2nd was a princess too But I lost her at 22 weeks preggy. I nvr dream of having another princess.. It's reali a bonus to mi :)

Ooo.. okie noted.. i bought both the kotex string and adhesive.. both not long enough i feel.. 28cm only.. back flow how sia... am thinking if should buy normal pad..

This month, lying down more often so 35/40cm will be better.

@beac, Thank you :)
Now hoping time faster pass... very tired already. Belly also very big plus my #2 very sticky glue to mi. Had been carrying him since the start of my pregnancy.

@gg_nyssa
Yeah my #1 keep wanting me to carry him but my gynae me warn me not too. Cos I have been hving a strong tightening of the womb. So I die die am not allowed to. Only can sit down and "carry" him haha. Poor thing.

Gg to see the gynae later. Going to pop can't wait to be able to do more things!

@gg_nyssa
Yeah my #1 keep wanting me to carry him but my gynae me warn me not too. Cos I have been hving a strong tightening of the womb. So I die die am not allowed to. Only can sit down and "carry" him haha. Poor thing.

Gg to see the gynae later. Going to pop can't wait to be able to do more things!

Ya, i keep having the tightening feeling too... :( but my #2 is super persistent de.. he'll cry for very very long and i can't bear to see him cry la. haiz.....
i remember when i delivered my #2, my #1 was very emo. see already also heartpain. spent a lot of time with my #1 for the first mths after i delivered #2 and i din manage to breastfeed. My breastfeeding journey failed for my #1 & #2. I hope i will succeed this time!!

Jia you Jia you!!! when's your edd?

@gg_nyssa
Haha yeah I also heart pain then just carry him short while then pass to my husband to carry.
Officially 40 weeks is 24th Oct.
But cld be 2 weeks earlier I think cos 2nd baby and this baby seems heavier too.

You?

@gg_nyssa
Haha yeah I also heart pain then just carry him short while then pass to my husband to carry.
Officially 40 weeks is 24th Oct.
But cld be 2 weeks earlier I think cos 2nd baby and this baby seems heavier too.

You?

My edd is 7 Nov. I think i might deliver earlier too.... my belly is very low ley. My gynae always ask me to prepare says anytime after 37 weeks... hee hee..
Hope delivery will go smoothly for all the mummies :)

Yea @shabsrina n @lala, yea loh.. climbing stairs seems harsh leh.. dun over exert urself leh.. dont force urself too much.. just like what @beac say, i also heard just walk more will do.. dun push urself too much..

Guess i should tone down a little, heed your advice and stick to simple pre natal workouts. Currently experiencing backaches and even belly feels uncomfortable too. After all I still need to climb up and down the stairs at work. Counting down to my maternity leave!

Hi mummies,

I'm having engorged breast now. Baby don't latch well so I'm using breast pump instead since yesterday. No milk at all.. This morning start experience pain & harden on my breast. I tried to do hot compressed with hot towel & pump every 3 hours but there's was no improvement. Only a few drops of colostrum coming out.. :-( Any advised? I'm quite worried it will getting more harden & I heard may get fever too.

Back