(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@rhoanna & @shanine without epi right!!
Ask you smth can? Your waterbag burst naturally or gynae burst for you? Hehe thanks. I heard it makes a lot diff and helps with the pain.
Yup no epidural! My gynae burst my water bag.waahh can die lah the way they do it.so pain! Huhuhuhuhu.no choice what.so ned to endure all the pain...

My 1st one is around 4hrs... this time round is shorter.. admit at 7.06pm.. done at 8.55pm... glad that Rhonna and i has a professional gynae... we're see the same gynae :)
Wow thats fast! I agree our gynae is professional!!! 3 thumbs up for her

@littlepeanut, i do heard before that diarrhea is one of the sign that u may be going labour soon.. maybe u try to stop taking milk now.. and drink more water to prevent dehydration.. when is next appt with ur gynae?

I also read somewhere that it could be a sign for preterm labour that's why I'm concerned and wanted to call my gynae, but the doc is totally not concerned at all... Very disappointing..

I've already stopped taking milk products for the past few days.. See how first.. Really helpless and nothing I can do.. Can't change doc at this advanced stage.

I've visited my gynae this morning and she said I've dilated 2cm at 36wk 1 day but bb is only 2.5kg due to I'm sick with stomach flu last week. Hope he will stay in another 2 weeks cos I felt he is still small and usually what predicted weight may be + - .

@zeropanda, what were the symtoms for stomach flu? How long did u have the stomach flu and how did your gynae do the diagnosis? Have been having diarrhea for more than a week already and doc just brush off as lactose intolerance without any basis. My weight has not been going up for sometime already.. Very worried...

I'm on my 37th week and bb is 2.9kg. pretty excited now. she has been facing downward and didn't get to see how she look like since week 30th.....
think she is too shy...

Yup no epidural! My gynae burst my water bag.waahh can die lah the way they do it.so pain! Huhuhuhuhu.no choice what.so ned to endure all the pain...
Congrats Rhonna! Can I know who is your gynae? Your threshold v high leh. The last time my gynae burst my bag I couldn't even tahan 10 min & ask for epi alr..

Rest well..

@zeropanda, what were the symtoms for stomach flu? How long did u have the stomach flu and how did your gynae do the diagnosis? Have been having diarrhea for more than a week already and doc just brush off as lactose intolerance without any basis. My weight has not been going up for sometime already.. Very worried...
Wah! Your gynae a bit too much leh. So near due date shd be more concern right?

Actually I got it from my son while taking care of him... kept vomiting and diarrhoea till dehydrated... LO only manage to gain 300g in 2weeks and I even lighter then the last weight taken.

Hi all mummies..

I was admitted to Mt Elizabeth Novena hospital on yesterday 4pm plus, start contraction pain as well. I was under normal delivery with assisted delivery & epidural.. Baby weight at 3.29kg on 38 weeks 4 days. Baby finally out on this early morning 12am plus.. Thought she will be out on 20th.. End up she choose 21st. :)

Hi all mummies..

I was admitted to Mt Elizabeth Novena hospital on yesterday 4pm plus, start contraction pain as well. I was under normal delivery with assisted delivery & epidural.. Baby weight at 3.29kg on 38 weeks 4 days. Baby finally out on this early morning 12am plus.. Thought she will be out on 20th.. End up she choose 21st. :)
congratz to u! Hehehheeh!

Congrats Rhonna! Can I know who is your gynae? Your threshold v high leh. The last time my gynae burst my bag I couldn't even tahan 10 min & ask for epi alr..

Rest well..
DR HENG TUNG LAN
Shes d queen here in parkway east hospital,she have many patient here n d hospital,me and shaine had d same gynae.we salute her!!!

Yeah!! Dr Heng break my waterbag for me too... the forcing out of the water and she commented mine was alot is machiam someone squeezing you like a sponge haha... my both pregnancies are natural with assistance bcos my legs cant really relax and will get leg cramps very often during the push, so my pushing is bad in order not to drag i request vaccum assistance. I had a bad fell along the roadside hurting my knee hence i dont wan it to affect the labor process hence assistance make me more confident as gynae dont encourage epidural for both preg.

I'm experiencing v bad water retention till my fingers can't bend... tis symptoms begin from week 34th... been drinking water but no use.
waking up is a chores- numbness on my hands and fingers.

did anyone experience this,

I'm experiencing v bad water retention till my fingers can't bend... tis symptoms begin from week 34th... been drinking water but no use.
waking up is a chores- numbness on my hands and fingers.

did anyone experience this,

How's your salt intake?
Try to move your fingers more and rotate your wrists!

My fingers are abit fatter due to water retention but I don't hv numbness so far.

Hi all mummies..

Good weight for baby!! Congrats once again! Hehe. 21st is a good date. My anniversary ;) hehehehhe
Recover well mummy!

@littlefish866...i was also sufferring bad water retention last couple of week due to busy with house moving and insufficient water then only this week i revert back taking in at least 3ltr of water intake daily...and manage to flush out at least 2kg of water retention weight.
Cos i between my week 36/d5 ans week 37/d4 check up my weight loss was 2kg...and my feets and finger is not as swollen as it used to be ...

Hi all mummies..

Congrats! Must be a real joy to see your princess. Share with me your experience with MEH ok? Think I will opt the same route as you. Assisted with epi. Vacuum or forecep?

Congrats! Must be a real joy to see your princess. Share with me your experience with MEH ok? Think I will opt the same route as you. Assisted with epi. Vacuum or forecep?

Assisted with forceps due to baby face turn up & I have difficulties on pushing her out after tried for half an hour. Doc worried I might not have energy to push anymore so advised using forceps.

So far service quite good..the moment we step in hospital, cust service at front desk guide us to labour ward & nurses start to arrange all necessities. Food quite big portion for dad & mom.. Facilities wise definitely is good & high class. Even my friend said like hotel stay.. Haha! So far as for now is quite comfortable & enjoyable during my stay.. :) final feedback I will update u when I discharged ya!

ImageUploadedByForum1411280317.167966.jpg

ImageUploadedByForum1411280330.468166.jpg

This is the labour ward where u will enjoy your labour moments.. :)

Assisted with forceps due to baby face turn up & I have difficulties on pushing her out after tried for half an hour. Doc worried I might not have energy to push anymore so advised using forceps.

So far service quite good..the moment we step in hospital, cust service at front desk guide us to labour ward & nurses start to arrange all necessities. Food quite big portion for dad & mom.. Facilities wise definitely is good & high class. Even my friend said like hotel stay.. Haha! So far as for now is quite comfortable & enjoyable during my stay.. :) final feedback I will update u when I discharged ya!

View attachment 387032
View attachment 387033

This is the labour ward where u will enjoy your labour moments.. :)[/
QUOTE] same as parkway hospital dr labor ward.

@angel_loi, Congrats! Yea baby is of good weight.. rest well.... wah the labour ward so nice one ah? I thought it will be like operation theatre with super bright lights.. i wonder if TMC is different..

@BunnyHorse, Congrats! Its over now with smooth delivery.. have a good rest!

U 2 have done well..

@angel_loi

I at GLeneagles..natural with epi. I puke like hell.

Actually at least 4-6 hours before epi, u can't eat anything even drinks. If really needs, just 2-3 sip. I only eat yam cake with milo before admitted hospital then later part totally no meal or drinks for me. I also scared that I will might vomit..

Booked 4bedder but was upgraded to 2bedder. 2 car park vouchers were given. $3 each (car park rate here is exorbitant!!!) Park since morning till now $40!

Paid 3k as deposit. Estimated total bill is 9.8k before medisave. Amount looks huge. But then got to wait for final bill during discharge then can confirm le.
See the estimated amt almost fainted cos 2yrs ago at mt.a I only paid less than 2k in total.

Booked 4bedder but was upgraded to 2bedder. 2 car park vouchers were given. $3 each (car park rate here is exorbitant!!!) Park since morning till now $40!

Paid 3k as deposit. Estimated total bill is 9.8k before medisave. Amount looks huge. But then got to wait for final bill during discharge then can confirm le.
See the estimated amt almost fainted cos 2yrs ago at mt.a I only paid less than 2k in total.
TMC? How come so exp? Normal or c sect?

View attachment 387032
View attachment 387033

This is the labour ward where u will enjoy your labour moments.. :)
Oh.. my 1st also foreceps as no strength to push.

Yup.. I been to the hospital tour. Like the delivery suite it's unlike that of TMC. Did they shave you? Care to share if toothbrush provided. I know they gave Crabtree toiletries lah but unsure abt toothbrush set.

Also can share if you get to choose the menu? Was told everyday the same wor.

Oh yes share your final hospital bill. I shd be the same as u.

No hurry, share when u free. Meanwhile enjoy the hotel stay "wink"

Congrats to you too! Hmm.. That's ex for both. What's the split like? I thought your bb weight shd be the same as Rhonna. Maybe I remb wrongly. Anyway, do take care and rest well.

Congrats to you too! Hmm.. That's ex for both. What's the split like? I thought your bb weight shd be the same as Rhonna. Maybe I remb wrongly. Anyway, do take care and rest well.

Thanks! Last 2 chk up bb only 3kg.
Very exp. hor? Aiyah, hubby say last birth le laa.
Shall update on final bill in next few days.

Congrats! :) Btw What toiletries did TMC provide? Seem like dr adrian will upgrade for his patient.
At which week u gave birth?

Congrats! :) Btw What toiletries did TMC provide? Seem like dr adrian will upgrade for his patient.
At which week u gave birth?
Thanks! I'm was delivered by Dr.Phua Soo Mear. Anyway was upgraded by hospital due to lack of 4bedder, I think.

Were given 2 small pouch. 1 contain hospital toiletries (toothbrush+paste, body washes etc..) The other pouch contains hair shampoo and conditional (loreal brand if not wrong) Tmr then take pic, kept them in the wardrobe le.

I'm 38w4d when birth. Baby is smallest and shortest among all my 3. All delivered thru c-sec at this timing.

I'm in labour 12hours cause only dilated 2cm. So they gave me contraction drip at about 7am. N start practicing to push at 11am before doctor come. My baby was out at 12noon. After baby out I felt so giddy and puke alot. I took about 3-4 hours to recover. My baby weights 3.08kg @ w37.

Last edited:

Back