Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Any one took the depot GNRH jab ( dosage for 3 months) injected once, do you still have your menses? Is it more painful? The jab supposed to suppress all the endo activity n makes cyst smaller.

Hi sunbelle,

For lap surgery, I can only comment external recovery for my 2nd lap seems faster and smoother leh... Internally I not sure but after seeing the whole video of the lap, I thought my ovary gone case Liao. .. Lol

But well upon 2nd day of lap, I was able to get out of bed to shower not much pain and third day can walk without pain.

And I never was quite sure about having those hormonal treatment and will not b applicable since am ttc now.

:)

Kitryminky,

I quote from one dr spotting during pregnancy is common/ not uncommon but not normal.

So everytime spot will still stress and worry...

Even when not pregnant, spotting in between cycle is also a cause for concern... Endo recurs... I notice after lap, menses also get lesser and not as heavy. I ever consulted w gp but they can't really explain the reason to me... Anyone has experienced the same ? What did your gynae say in regard?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm 36 and newbie here...A brief intro of myself....Just did my lap surgery 2 months ago at KKH to remove a 12 cm Endometriotic cyst on my right ovarian...During the surgery, doc did a ink test through my Fallopian tubes (as I told doc I'm trying for baby) & ink don't go thro :'(

Under doc recommendation during follow up appointment ,I did the HSG test today to exam the Fallopian tubes & I look a peek at the screen (when they took the x-ray and it don't look good) .

I was looking through this thread and found support. For I have been upset and questioning myself what is wrong.

Hi Porky Pig, thank you very much for sharing. I oso hope my lap is as painless as yours. yes you are right - is jus too scary to have spotting during pregnancy stages. ESP first trimester. is correct to say menses less heavy ESP after lap as they have burned away the lining. Endo comes back when lining is built up again.

Tsum tsum: do u experience any pain having a 12cm endo cyst? Mine 6cm alreadly causing so much pain. how do u discover?

Jus wan to say KKH dye check is not accurate - I did HSG they say one tube of mine blocked - how come I still get preggie ? that time I oso upset . But ended in miscarriage.

Sunbelle I heard the size of the cyst may not be a pain causing factor. Some pple I know with endo does not experience pain as well ..

My first lap showed 2cm cyst n my menses cramps used to be quite bad while my 2nd lap showed a 6cm cyst n the pain was rather tolerable ..

Hi sunbelle,

I'm sorry about ur miscarriage, pls do take care. And yes my 12 cm Endo cyst causes pain but only occasionally. There was one time tt it causes so extreme pain that when I c a GP , she though I'm having appendix n sent me to A & E. But d doc at A & E couldn't pin point to d source of pain (they did not do any ultra-sound, just gimme drips for my pain) & sent me home after pain subsided (telling me if pain again nxtday go back A & E :confused:)

Until a experience lady GP (when I c doc for slight pain again), check my tummy area by pressing, felt a big lump. Tt is when everything unroll.

I been praying hard not both my tubes are block as tt means I still have a shot at thing.

If really have to do IVF, I may have to resign from work as my job require me to be out of country now & then. Guess to gain some, one have to lose some,:(

Hi porky_pig,

Yes,I do agreed with u tt endo cyst do not always cause pain (when my menses come I don't have cramp). But color of d menses become darker and my menses become shorter tt time.

After lap surgery, d flow of menses is like waterfall (1st day esp) & 2 days even before my menses is here i experienced bad cramps . Told d gyne (KKH), she prescribed iron pills & painkiller for d cramp/heavy menses.

Redvel : the first HSG shows both tube blocked . I was so upset that I really cried.
Subsequently went to redo another one - this time only got one blocked.

Envy u ladies dun have much menses pain. So painful for me each month n I m definitely looking forward to the lap. For pain relief subsequently. now having the pain n heavy flow plus work stress. hmmhmm sumtimes really felt life is grey haha time of the month I guess :)

Hi ladies, how do u all keep to the endo diet? Juz so hard for me..i duno where to start. I also have bad endo and went op 2x.

Sunbelle maybe your diet or tcm or something your body have changed that has unblocked your tube. I don't think hsg can make mistake. It's simply dye passing through and if it experiences hurdle then the dye just stops there and all will be captured in the xray.

Redvel : the first HSG shows both tube blocked . I was so upset that I really cried.
Subsequently went to redo another one - this time only got one blocked.

Envy u ladies dun have much menses pain. So painful for me each month n I m definitely looking forward to the lap. For pain relief subsequently. now having the pain n heavy flow plus work stress. hmmhmm sumtimes really felt life is grey haha time of the month I guess :)

Sunbelle, ya I understand how u felt as I also cried .....*sigh**

May I know what prompt u or u have a strong feeling tt d HSG result not accurate to do another test after d 1st one tt show both tubes blocked? Before u redo another HSG, did u follow any strict/special diet tt may give a better news of only 1 tube is blocked?

Hoping for a miracle diet or what to unblock tubes although I know quite impossible .....:confused:

Hi ladies, how do u all keep to the endo diet? Juz so hard for me..i duno where to start. I also have bad endo and went op 2x.

Syrian , I don't even know there is such a diet call endo diet until I view this thread (I m such a frog in the well :oops:). Also like u, I don't know where or how to start tt diet .

Sunbelle I heard the size of the cyst may not be a pain causing factor. Some pple I know with endo does not experience pain as well ..

That's true. The amount of pain does not correlate with the severity of endo. Some people have severe endo but no pain, while some may have "minor" endo but a lot of pain.

Syrian and Tsum,

I tried the endo diet. Can't follow. I love my carbs and wheat products. Can't give them up totally. I doubt I can continue with the endo diet for the long term. So now I just eat healthier and increase my intake of vegetables and fruit. Oh, and I've cut down on meat consumption since most of the meat sold here has been injected with hormones.

Bye bye my favourite chicken wings :(

Last edited:
Endo diet is difficult to keep. Carb and wheat is almost an essential filler for all of us... Unless everyday eat potato and salad? It's like so impossible.

Like kittyminky, we probably only can cut down on carbs n wheat and opt for brown rice (which I am not rdy to). And yes increase veg n fruits, fish intake over meat. Importantly to exercise regularly. Basically maintain a balanced diet and lifestyle.

Tsk I speak like a guru but actually am not. Also do not know if endo diet works.. Or if it works for everyone Haaaaaa

Kittyminky, porky_pig,

Thanks for the response. I did try a few days but cant tahan. I also luv my wheat pdts. Even bread & cereals got wheat. Like tat how to eat bfast! Coffee & tea got caffeine. Milo got dairy. Den wat to drink? We also cant eat dairy prdts. So no cheese as well..haiz..

I also plan to eat all but reduce the consumption, even for chic wings. I also luv my meats. Every meal must have meat. Small piece also gd enuf. Tried a few days with a diet with greens but felt so miserable. Yup i heard abt meat injected with hormones esp chic

tsum_tsum,
I also have blocked tubes. Mine both blocked. Cried til eyes sore when i heard the news. U might wanna try tcm to unblock or go thro lap to unblock? But tcm no guarantee & wil take ages to see effect

Hi Redvel, i really feel is error leh...not sure what I did but continue to go for acupucture, take TCM n also exercise. Eat healthily n then skip all fattening food. Maybe acupucture helps. I remember I was asking the question. Why other ladies so easily have babies n why I cannot. Always look at other baby a lot when parents bring them pass by. :(

Tsum tsum : is possible to unblock the tubes thru a small procedure by gynae. Check out with your gynae. yeah pray. Cos I believe a lot in praying. Sumtimes I jus dunno what is going on n felt vexed so I go pray. Felt much better after pray.

Syrian : endo diet is never easy to keep.almost a lot of tins have wheat n pasta has them ..bread have them too...so very hard to keep to it..the only one which I have succeeded is keeping off kopi n tea. Jus try our best to avoid if possible..,realise that lots of tins cannot take ...

Kittyminky, porky_pig,

Thanks for the response. I did try a few days but cant tahan. I also luv my wheat pdts. Even bread & cereals got wheat. Like tat how to eat bfast! Coffee & tea got caffeine. Milo got dairy. Den wat to drink? We also cant eat dairy prdts. So no cheese as well..haiz..

I also plan to eat all but reduce the consumption, even for chic wings. I also luv my meats. Every meal must have meat. Small piece also gd enuf. Tried a few days with a diet with greens but felt so miserable. Yup i heard abt meat injected with hormones esp chic

tsum_tsum,
I also have blocked tubes. Mine both blocked. Cried til eyes sore when i heard the news. U might wanna try tcm to unblock or go thro lap to unblock? But tcm no guarantee & wil take ages to see effect

Syrian: Thanks for d advise and yes also understand can try TCM although it do take time (my dad said y not try as I have nothing to lose ). Have u tried any TCM n any good ones to recommend?

Tsum tsum : is possible to unblock the tubes thru a small procedure by gynae. Check out with your gynae. yeah pray. Cos I believe a lot in praying. Sumtimes I jus dunno what is going on n felt vexed so I go pray. Felt much better after pray.

Syrian : endo diet is never easy to keep.almost a lot of tins have wheat n pasta has them ..bread have them too...so very hard to keep to it..the only one which I have succeeded is keeping off kopi n tea. Jus try our best to avoid if possible..,realise that lots of tins cannot take ...

Sunbelle: My hubby was aso asking no procedure to unblock tube meh given nowadays advance medical but I knida scare of ops after my Lap surgery although not tt painful..still who like gg under the knife...But as u mention, I will check w my gyne what can be done (although she already sort of mention IVF :(, tink will seek 2nd opinion if she nvr give option ) N Yes, like u I also believe alotsa praying.

My bff console me by saying tt if God intend to have a baby for one, he will have ways to put it in one womb regardless of whatever condition. Furthermore most friends around me r preggy or posting pics of their new born on FB....I'm so green from jealousy n it pain me tt I stop looking at FB for a while since...

Last edited:
Syrian and Tsum,

I tried the endo diet. Can't follow. I love my carbs and wheat products. Can't give them up totally. I doubt I can continue with the endo diet for the long term. So now I just eat healthier and increase my intake of vegetables and fruit. Oh, and I've cut down on meat consumption since most of the meat sold here has been injected with hormones.

Bye bye my favourite chicken wings :(

Kittyminky: Yeah agreed with u...d endo diet is diff to keep (esp chix wings u mention!!!) Furthermore I don't cook, so eating outside is even harder to keep tt diet. Maybe shld increase intake of Fish (in replacement of meat) n more salad (since I can't do a proper stir fried veg)

Syrian: Thanks for d advise and yes also understand can try TCM although it do take time (my dad said y not try as I have nothing to lose ). Have u tried any TCM n any good ones to recommend?
Tsum_tsum, im currently seeing Dr Que frm marine parade. So far i find hes gd & noes his wat hes doing.

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a lovely Mid-Autumn.

I went for my six-month scan and good news is, my endo cyst has shrunk. Not so good news is the anterior wall of my womb is "slightly bulky". Asked gynae what's that, he said hard to tell at this stage, but it may be possible adenomyosis, when endometrial tissue grows into the muscular wall of the uterus. Told me not worry about it for now, but I am worrying!!!

Sigh!

I know it may or may not be adenomyosis but am panicking and thinking of worst case scenarios.

Any ladies here diagnosed with BOTH endometriosis and adenomyosis?

Last edited:
Hi Kitty Minky,

Good that your cyst has shrank. I got both adeyomosis n endometriosis. There is a hormone suppression jab that can help to reduce the bulkiness of the uterus. Is known as GNRH jab. U k check with your gynae. I m taking one jab now before next week lap lor. Is hindering implantation. But still can preggie n give birth.

Hi Kitty Minky,

Good that your cyst has shrank. I got both adeyomosis n endometriosis. There is a hormone suppression jab that can help to reduce the bulkiness of the uterus. Is known as GNRH jab. U k check with your gynae. I m taking one jab now before next week lap lor. Is hindering implantation. But still can preggie n give birth.

I've heard of the gnrh jab. But at this point, the uterus is only slightly bulky, so may not be adenomyosis. If it worsens, then most prob is. I'm a terrible hypochondriac so can't help worrying. My gynae (Dr kl yam from kkh) is quite conservative when it comes to treatment (which I like), so told me don't do anything for now and continue with birth control. Re-scan again in six mths.

Sigh!!! I never knew our lady parts could have so many problems!!!!!!

Hi Kitty, dun worry so much. Since gynae say is slight means not so serious. Probably will go away by itself.
Yeah I also tot ladies got lotsa of problems. yes like endo, it will reoccur one. So have to use TCM to keep it away. I failed too cos as long as got menses u sure got all these.

Hi Kitty, dun worry so much. Since gynae say is slight means not so serious. Probably will go away by itself.
Yeah I also tot ladies got lotsa of problems. yes like endo, it will reoccur one. So have to use TCM to keep it away. I failed too cos as long as got menses u sure got all these.

I know all these stop when we hit menopause right. I'm 32 so still got 20+ more years...

Anyway, your lap is next week? Rest well ok!!!

Hi! Anyone same as me? I'm going for a 2nd time laparoscopy coming Tuesday for suspected endometriosis. Last done in July 2010, removed a 5cm cyst, endometriosis and partial blocked tube. I managed to conceive after 6 mths. Now I keep having endometriosis symptoms and went back for a check last Tuesday and found my right ovary very painful when my gynae did a tranvaginal scan.

Hi jinnous, I jus went for a lap to remove a 6cm cyst leh. 2nd time too. Did once in 2009 before too. yeah what did your gynae say huh? Which gynae you are seeing huh?

Hi jinnous, I jus went for a lap to remove a 6cm cyst leh. 2nd time too. Did once in 2009 before too. yeah what did your gynae say huh? Which gynae you are seeing huh?

Hi! I'm seeing Dr SF Loh. He found a small fibroid and right ovary very tender. We have been trying for a second child on off but haven't been successful. And I have been experiencing funny symptoms like bloatedness, constipation before and diarrhea during menses. So I googled and realized it sounds like endometriosis so I emailed Dr Loh and he asked me to go in for a scan. I didn't know it will grow back though.

Hi! I'm seeing Dr SF Loh. He found a small fibroid and right ovary very tender. We have been trying for a second child on off but haven't been successful. And I have been experiencing funny symptoms like bloatedness, constipation before and diarrhea during menses. So I googled and realized it sounds like endometriosis so I emailed Dr Loh and he asked me to go in for a scan. I didn't know it will grow back though.

Hi jinnous,

Yes, endometrial cysts can grow back :(

Your lap is tmr ya? Rest well after your lap :)

Ya is tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm running a low grade fever plus a bit of sore throat. Now went down to 36.8. My mil says it's due to e black chix herbal soup my mum made for me last night. Said I shouldn't drink it cuz will cause more blood loss. Zzzzz....

I didn't know it will grow back. Haiz after this round if still no news think I won't try for second kid liao. Cuz heard can't kp removing endometriosis right?

jinnous : hope u are feeling okie. All the best for your lap. Which gynae is helping u to do huh?

Trying for second one also got its stress. Like in fact is there sufficient help to take care of the second one etc. frankly when think of it, always feel that tins will work out by itself lah. so dun really bother to think too much.

Feeling very groggy n painful last nite. My gynae said he found a fair bit of polyps, big n small hidden. And removed all plus e endometriosis. He doesn't think its serious but he has sent in for investigation. First time I heard bout polyps. It's some tissue thingy? Will also cause fertility issues?

Hi jinnous,

Polyps are little growths. Usually benign. Good your gynae sent for biopsy, so you can have peace of mind. I think it can interfere with fertility if the polyps are near the fallopian tubes. But all removed already right?

You rest well!!!

My wrist where e drip was on looks a bit swollen. It's painful when I move or touch it. Shd I massage or something? Not like something clogged right?

Back