(2014) ivf mummies support group

i also think mummies that conceive naturally wun feel é same way as ivf/icsi mummies do.. esp those that try few unsuccessful rounds.. how i wish there is a way 2monitor embryo developm lik fetal growth durin tww...

we all jia you 2gether.. we mus keep each other posted when we popped, it really calls 4celebratñ.. i might b é last one here if everythg goes well.. hope u all still visit this thread from time 2time...

Joy meme, whens ur edd?

Don't worry joy meme, i still find time to pop over even after pop. Still must try to manage own time cannot all give Twinnies hehe.

I am really counting down to oct. I even urge my dh to start packing his hospital bag already. Later I go home will go find a good size bag to stuff everything inside.

Haha counting down to oct.. kiasu lynn already done with all the packing. Now I am thinking of maybe going to get the head support for my baby when she needs it by sitting on bouncer or car seat.
I only left with my sterilizer not wash. See maybe Oct then wash.

Pumps parts can sterilise as in put into steriliser? Or just wash can already? Today I went pedi the lady say my left foot got water rentention already. I also notice that. Abit fatter than right. Like pig trotters. I thought I can skip the water rentention part. Too bad still kana. Bud you got? I hope it doesn't get serious.

Aiyoo. Buddy do take note leh.. water retention starts meaning might give birth maybe in weeks to come. Especially if both legs. I so far so good as of now. But my mum got warn me saying take note if got retention and get prepare.
Hmm... Have you all heard of cantonese dessert like those barley with beancurb skin? I have been eating that every weekend and my mum say is good for baby skin.

The fuchou barley one of my faved. Hehe. But didn hear it's gd for bb skin. Heard some say sugarcane can clean bb make their skin super gd. Probably same theory as coconut water.

Whao scary maybe next visit I will
ASk june tan about the swelling.

Yeah traditional for cantonese have to drink the fuchou barley with ginko. hehe I drink every weekend. Coconut water think too cooling only will drink like week 36. Scare drink already want to give birth haha.
As we don't have water retention base so if 3rd trimester towards the end have just got to take note. My mum mum told me one from her experience. I miss seeing my beanie on screen. Dh busy postpone the appointment. Finally next Monday will be my review hopefully beanie turn. Wondering how heavy she will be. I skip pedi today as today rush my visit my mum. Maybe tomorrow then go let ppl touch touch my tired legs.
Any program for you all? Buddy are you going to oct fair? Have you book got newborn shoot.

Went to the Pigeon warehouse sales. True enough. They didn't restock the wet wipes. Bought 10 pieces of clothes at $20, 144 pieces of disposable breasts pads at $20, 2 bottle brushes at $5 and 1 tongs at $5. Total damage = $50. Quite disappointing! :(

Think I shall look forward to the October Mummy's fair. I have decided to buy a new baby cot because after seeing cousin's baby cot, it's not up to my expectation as she claimed it to be as good as new. For baby's safety, nothing should be compromised.

Huh? Serious? When you feel you have water retention means delivery might be on the way? I only feel that my fingers are a little swelled up. Can't wear any ring anymore. I realise my fingers are most swelled up when I lie on bed for too long. Once I start walking around, the fingers are less swelled up. So far my legs and toes are fine.

Last edited:
Faithfully, pigeon breast pad is one of the best. That time I went to fair early in the morning already sold out. You can get it now is good.
I am now thinking should I take leave to go to the Oct fair and see see look look or maybe just skip since I am done with my shopping. I just want to go and look at photo booth.

I went for my first manicure and pedicure sessions after being pregnant. Haha! Totally miss those days when I changed my nails and toes colours every month. Didn't do any colour. Just simple filing, scrubing and removal of cuticles.

Walked into Kiddy Palace and noticed that Avent is having their 30th anniversary promotions. Free Graco stroller with every package purchased. Such a steal!!! Especially the $688 package. I bought all the stuff listed in the package during GSS sales. I also bought my stroller and bassinet too.

So for those who have not bought anything yet, think this will be a good buy! :)

Attachments

• 1411215940121.jpg
    1411215940121.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 192
Omg, water retention on both feet mean going to give birth soon? I have for both feet. Fingers can no longer wear rings long ago...

my fingers also swell, esp @joints.. can only wear costume rings now...

é piegon warehouse sale ended 2day.. i din even hav é chance 2visit..

Kitkats your water retention is in a way consider initial stage water retention so don't think is the about the labour those kind. Like for us we dont have water retention. So if like going to have then around a few week later just prepare in case need to deliver. Our week 37 is somewhere just after mid of Oct. So maybe got to take note only. That's what the old folk said. Haha true a not I don't know.
Actually you and circle is about one week after us right? So just monitor ourselves.
Kitkats are you going to oct fair? Hmm.. Anyone beside faithfully sign up for newborn photography already? Walk a dog like still pending to me. I just bought one voucher from Groupon for new born photo at $35 with 5 edited copies.

my fingers also swell, esp @joints.. can only wear costume rings now...

é piegon warehouse sale ended 2day.. i din even hav é chance 2visit..
Joy, not worth going anyway. It's quite disappointing actually. Most of the items left are breast pumps, steriliser, warmer, etc...

I confirm not gg for oct mummy fair cause nothing for me to buy already. Even got buy also that 1-2 items and I don't think worth to join the que and crowd.

Basically me still continue with my usual facial routine and for mani pedi I still do colouring except no gelish. My only no no routine is foot reflexology. I seriously miss it. Oh ya and also hair colouring and rebonding. Already tell my mum after birth going to touch up my brows and hair rebond so Twinnies will have to be under her care while I go pamper myself.

My fingers no swell. So far only 1 feet swell. Only at the toes area and the area below the ankle other than that no swelling. No pain just see already feel ugly. Don't know Isit cause I walk too much cause I seriously walk a lot. Practically not much rest too except I tend to walk slower just to be careful.

I didn sign up for any newborn photography yet. I also don't know want to commit anot. Walk a dog studio ask me to contact him again after birth see if he is free to handle my aptm as he say quite full. Shall see how it goes.

Hello ladies.. Iwantahealthybaby, yah I did my ogtt in the morn. saw dr tan at 3pm and he told me I passed the test. but never give any figures or report to me la..

Should be mt a. just paid deposit for pd and gynae. also put in the request for 1 bedded. think I like the fact that the follow up are done closer. from 29 weeks onwards, visits are once every 2 weeks. so I just saw today - 31w. then 33w then 35w onwards is weekly until delivery.

Every visit we will check on hb, amniotic fluid, position and weight. weight measurements are done twice to get a better estimate.

Today managed to see beanie sucking her toes!!!! gynae even printed out 3d image for us to keep.

I also did vagina swab today in case need antibiotics now and during labour.

my next kkh appt is 4 weeks later.. Most likely won't be going for that liaoz...

Circle, I saw baby Zen yoyo , it's Looks like umbrella stroller n small.. though it's light But I find it's too pricey to pay for it.. u tik abt it then when u see the actual item.. after we saw ppl using it we decided not to get it...

Dolly, where u see the baby zen? I find the cushioning like very sparse. but I like the one button fold and unfold. and I like how it stands after being closed up. so thought of going baby fair to take a look

My friend is raving about babyzen yoyo stroller. She bought this stroller and brought it up to the cabin on flight when she went to Australia with her DH and son. After folding, it can nicely snugged at the back seat. The area for leg room.

Good morning ladies, wah joy you sleep so late.
Baby zen yoyo is a stroller brand? Taobao got?
I am at eating breakfast then go to church. Today feel like going pedicure lol.
I am still going got facial hopefully 2 times more before delivery.
What plans do you ladies have today?

Circle, I saw it at motherworks 112 katong n some mummies using in the malls.. to spent 888 for it, I rather go for a more sturdy one at same price. Afterall I dun travel overseas often

i seen sm1 usin baby yoyo, é previous version.. it's really easy 2use.if u brg baby out alone.. but it's less able 2carry other thgs lik é usual thgs.. n é price is lik 3x a normal one.. so gotta think carefully..

i slept quite late night.. this morn wok lik 10am n cooked porridge while cleanin up a rm.. waitin 4my porridge 2b ready now...

i lik my pedi colour, liquid sand w/lots of glitter!

Yeah Dolly, agree with you. Babyzen Yoyo stroller is really expensive. Anyway DH is more inclined in carrying baby around in the carrier. I might buy an ErgoBaby Organic carrier at the October's fair though I already have bought an I-Angel hipseat carrier.

Haiz.. wish I can find THE ONE scroller. my dad, mom and me all back problems one. I can't even wear high heels for the last 4 years cos end of spine will suan. The higher the heels, the worse it is.

so something light is good. and one-button fold. best if after folding can stand on its own. Else we have to bend to the floor to pick it up.

But yah, for an umbrella stroller, it is super ex. Somemore I eyeing for the 0+ and 6+ one. So it is 888.

but I totally don't like that there is not much comfort for baby. like no cushion one. If only they have an add on luxury cushion or something.

é umbrella stroller for infant til 6m, i think it's based on weight.. so if u hav a chubby baby, it may outgrow tat seat quite fast..

circle I think after birth then buy also not late. I did not get my stroller and carrier and only will get after birth as I don't know how big will be my little cutie. So will get later on. Now I only got salong. So no worries.
Buddy, any idea can we do gel on hand? My brother wedding coming I am thinking of gel then more lasting.
Kitkats are you doing medi and pedi color for the wedding?
faithfully, Actually you go pigeon Warehouse can get breast pad is very good. Fair usually will sold out one.

Hahah! Cos Oct fair got more freebies. but yah... maybe can wait more..

anyway I think my beanie is average size. won't be too big. so far consistently about 40% percentile. now week 31 at 1.6kg. so I am guessing delivery time will be about 2.6kg to 2.8kg. confirm not the chubby kind

I was following a blog of a lady (not in sg) who did ivf same period as us ... The twinnies are born at week 31... I'm full of anxiety
Last lesson at prenatal class learnt about signs of labor, how to manage pain and how to push efficiently. Was a good lesson for me. But when things happen not sure how much I could remember lol...

Haha my this medicure person not bad. . Know I am preggy so when shine uv will know which angle to shine. Why I do today as in gel at least can last until my brother wedding. Then why I don't do next week is because my brother wedding is the 1st weekend of oct. Then at least my gel can be on my hand longer. Otherwise the wedding until 2nd week I will need to remove soon as we are approaching week 35 or 36 then got to and prepare for standby. My gel on the hand the duration not long like waste money haha. Must make full use of the one month gel on the hand.
Kitkats you bought your clothing and shoes already? I am done with everything. Buddy when is your next wedding to attend? Today so Leg and hand so comfortable give ppl touch touch as in light massage. I also miss foot reflexology badly. . My feets still the same size but my legs like a little got water retention. Don't know is become fatter or a little retention.
What shall I eat for dinner?
Circle which day are you planning to go for the oct fair. I am thinking If I should take leave on weekdays to go and see see kpo. Since I still got 3 days last year leave to use and this year leave totally never touch.

Wah..buddy better prepare. Usually about 1 month and tomorrow week 33 plus 4 weeks just right for full term. If really the water retention thing is true. We just got to prepare in case. Just now I went downstairs can't really Walk much. My tummy like very big then my back so ache. Aiyoo don't know is it my beanie put on a lot of weight. Tomorrow will be my review also. Jia you.
Bb_hc, how are you already?
Faithfully, so you planning to deliver at mt a or kkh?

Hi ladies, can do colour and rebonding meh? I have very messy hair now - lots of grey hair and because I have natural curl, my hair is super untidy now. I asked both Dr Tan HH and private gynae but they said not advisable....

Also, what do you think of Aprica stroller?

If 2nd trimester onwards should be fine with colouring. Better to check with gynae. I did my colouring at 3rd trimester as is really messy.

Think colouring should be fine after 2nd trim. Xiaxue did her colouring too during her pregnancy right? Her baby is doing great too :)

Oh ya I think I got a problem with pyjamas. While packing my hospital
Bag I was packing my easy to breastfeed pyjamas but realise now all super tight. Understand that even after birth stomach don't slim down immediately so I think I got no pyjamas to wear already. How ar? Where u all get your super big size pyjamas? Budd me and u almost same size how u settle yours? In fact mine was like size 14-16 type cannot wear tummy there super super tight.

I am also looking for nursing pj but didn't want those with adjustable waist strap. Probably will get pj dress online. Hoping to get from oct fair since I'm going down.

Btw remember to bring an extra set of clothes to work and pad just in case water bag burst. Thought was a good tips from prenatal class coz I didn't think of it.

Iwantahealthybaby, if ur waterbag burst n u r in office. Get ur colleague to drive ur car n go str to kkh. As for ur barangs let ur hb get for u after u deliver, not advisable for u to drive as u dunno how the contractions will react n whether the pain u can still focus on driving anot. Else grab a cab if ur colleague or no one ard

3 conditions to go to hospital fast when you experience any of these:
1. Water bag burst
2. "Show" - bleeding or mucus like blood
3. Contractions every 5 to 10 minutes

Lynn, I think I will be delivering baby at KKH. My routine check up with Dr Ang is this coming Friday. Most probably will be the last visit already. Hopefully baby is cooperative snd faces up so that Dr Ang can take a 3D scan for her.

DH said we should 有始有终, meaning we should stay with KKH and Dr Tan since we started everything there. Furthermore, Dr Tan is really nice! Can't bear to leave him like this. Actually Dr Ang is also very nice. He's always very assuring!

Last edited:

contraction may or may not be accompanied with water bag burst ...
but lately i've been feeling more intense tightening at tummy

Back