Any good maid agency recommend?

Hi, I recommend my maid agency, Raffles Employment.
The agent's name is Pam.
She responds very fast to my emails and SMS, even when i was a 1st time employer, she took her time and patience to explain details to me when i called her for the 1st time. While other agencies i called simply asked me to go down to their branch first, or seemed in a hurry to hang up. Thus the first impression from Pam was good and i decided to engage my helper from her.

I got an Indon helper from Raffles Employment and she has been with me for 6 months. So far so good.
There was once a misunderstanding occurred between my helper and my mum, Pam even came personally to help talk to my helper. End up we resolved the problem.. and i got to know my helper better too. :)

You can find info about this agency at their website www.rafflesemployment.com.
So far i've intro 2 of my friends and they got their new helpers there as well. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
you can try dans services at east coast for i got my philipino maid 1 1/2yrs old and she has been with me till now.

I get my 4 maids since years 2011 from Sinyuan. Quite good as i need 2 maids at home, in 4 maids only want i transfer out.
The rest work till full term.
Maids are quite bahave and well trained.

Hi ladies,

For those who made recommendation on the maid agencies, can share hw the agency fees is like ?

Thks,

I recently got my filipino maid from Assured Employment at Katong SC to look after my newborn. So far she is quite good. I shortlisted their maids through Netmaid portal and the response is very fast. The agent also took the initiative to send me more suitable biodatas to consider and arranged for me to interview them. Good thing is they brought the documents to my place and delivered my maid when she arrived which saved me quite a bit of a hassle. Agent's name is Steven.

My maid agency is Apex Human Resource. I cannot say much for this agency except that I have no negative experience with them.

When my first maid went home due to personnel issues, I took a transfer maid from another mummy who posted in this forum that she has a good maid to let go. Unfortunately, the mummy lied to me. She was trying to get rid of an unwanted maid and save on paying $10/day on food and lodging. The maid ran away after 10 days, leaving the door opened. I found scratch marks on my 1 year old son after leaving him with her for only 5 mins while I go to the toilet. Thats why I will advise all mummies to be very careful when getting maids here. Some mummies are truly honest but some do not have any conscience.

The agency whom I took the runaway maid from is from Apex. The remaining loan got transferred to another maid. So at least, I did not have to face dishonest agents taking my money. So within one week, I got a transfer maid and the loan was promptly transferred to the new maid.

The fees are around 388 for unlimited replacement.

Hiring maids is a matter of luck I suppose. The maid who ran away is a complete bitch while the transfer maid I got from the agency.... I was her 4th employer in 6 months! I was desperate and she was supposed to be my helper for 3 months as I have shortlisted a new maid who is waiting for her passport. But she has been with me for 2 years now. She has recently come back from her home leave. When I asked her to go out during public holidays, she refused saying she does not want to waste money. She goes over to my mum's place to help in cooking in the afternoon. Sometimes when my mum is not home yet, she will call my mum and ask if she can help wash her toilets or mop the floors. Right now, she runs my household like clockwork. ;)

All the best in your maid hunting!

Agree with Chelsa1980.

It really boils down to luck end of the day when choosing a domestic helper, but with a good agency, they make the experience much pleasant.
Good luck all!

yup agree that getting a maid is luck but also agency is very impt/ if u go to a lousy maid agency, ur maid takes forever to come, or they just keep giving you lousy maids. its a merry go round of lousy maids. so getting a reliable good agency is very impt.

i hae a 9mth old baby girl. my helper looks after her very well and does housework and cooking. she was an ex nurse so maybe thats why her flare is there.
i took her from Faith Employment Agency. they have 2 branches. 1 at lucky plaza and the other at katong S.C.
Can contact Monica 64471636 if anyone of you is keen. i like this agency as all her maids are screened and interviewed personally by her and MOM website shows that her agency has high retention rate which means a good chance her maids work out which is impt to me as i dont want to have a disruptive life.

Hi, I recommend my maid agency, Raffles Employment.
The agent's name is Pam.
She responds very fast to my emails and SMS, even when i was a 1st time employer, she took her time and patience to explain details to me when i called her for the 1st time. While other agencies i called simply asked me to go down to their branch first, or seemed in a hurry to hang up. Thus the first impression from Pam was good and i decided to engage my helper from her.

I got an Indon helper from Raffles Employment and she has been with me for 6 months. So far so good.
There was once a misunderstanding occurred between my helper and my mum, Pam even came personally to help talk to my helper. End up we resolved the problem.. and i got to know my helper better too. :)

You can find info about this agency at their website www.rafflesemployment.com.
So far i've intro 2 of my friends and they got their new helpers there as well. Hope this helps!

Hi, may I know their agency fees and if they deal with Indian maids too?

Any idea how much getting a maid costs now?

I paid $2850 for my Filipino but she only comes in with 3 mths salary loan which to me is impt. i dont like those agencies that exploit the maid and charge them 6-8 mths salary deduction because if the loan is sooooo high , they will have low morale and wont work well. so i find its penny wise pound foolish. then have to keep changing maids etc, in the end instead of saving money end up spending more. not to mention the disruption to family life.

Can anyone share if it's better to employ Filippino helpers or Indon? I had changed 2 helpers (1st one wanted to leave due to family prob, replacement maid was homesick and cry to go home everyday, currently having prob with the 3rd), all Indons and all giving me same problems in terms of work. Experienced Indons, they refused to follow instructions and do things their way. Fresh Indon i have to teach everything from scratch including the amt of oil needed to fry an egg + they cant speak english.

I approached 3 different agencies and seem like all recommend me to take Filippino (I didnt tell them I have a maid). They agree Filippinos are more vain but according to the agents they already give an advantage as they can speak better english, smarter and can eat pork. Even my friends who had Filippino maids also said they are better. But i nv thought of getting Filippinos as to me they are more outgoing? Anyone can share your opinions?

Hi u can try agency at bedok,I got from them for many yrs de,2maids with contract finished,present 1 is gd n honest.Can sms me for contact 97327396

I also looking for helper urgent any agency recommend? Btw today i just went to the dans service.. but very ex compare to others agency.. 1st i need to pay the agent fee insurance air ticket etc need 2k+ and 2month salary 1k+ .. but if this helper i wan to exchange i need pay again 1.6k+ only the agency fee no need pay..

Can anyone share if it's better to employ Filippino helpers or Indon? I had changed 2 helpers (1st one wanted to leave due to family prob, replacement maid was homesick and cry to go home everyday, currently having prob with the 3rd), all Indons and all giving me same problems in terms of work. Experienced Indons, they refused to follow instructions and do things their way. Fresh Indon i have to teach everything from scratch including the amt of oil needed to fry an egg + they cant speak english.

I approached 3 different agencies and seem like all recommend me to take Filippino (I didnt tell them I have a maid). They agree Filippinos are more vain but according to the agents they already give an advantage as they can speak better english, smarter and can eat pork. Even my friends who had Filippino maids also said they are better. But i nv thought of getting Filippinos as to me they are more outgoing? Anyone can share your opinions?

Hi,

i would like to start off by saying i am not an employment agency. just recommending an agency that i thought is good.

Took a maid from this agency 4 months back. Small office but personalised services. Not those bigger branches where it is too sales oriented and pushing me to simply take a maid from them. Took time to understand my needs (elderly mum) and made recommendation which i think suit my needs.

Current maid is hardworking. Only drawback is sometimes i need to repeat a few times as she is a little slow. Good thing she is attentive.

The agency that i took from informed me that if i find her service good to recommend more frds. And she will give them a discount. Anyone needs a reliable maid agency contact can email me at [email protected] (Not sure how much discount can get though as she never mention, but i think should be reasonable)

yup agree that getting a maid is luck but also agency is very impt/ if u go to a lousy maid agency, ur maid takes forever to come, or they just keep giving you lousy maids. its a merry go round of lousy maids. so getting a reliable good agency is very impt.

i hae a 9mth old baby girl. my helper looks after her very well and does housework and cooking. she was an ex nurse so maybe thats why her flare is there.
i took her from Faith Employment Agency. they have 2 branches. 1 at lucky plaza and the other at katong S.C.
Can contact Monica 64471636 if anyone of you is keen. i like this agency as all her maids are screened and interviewed personally by her and MOM website shows that her agency has high retention rate which means a good chance her maids work out which is impt to me as i dont want to have a disruptive life.

I beg to differ. I have approached this agency before and spoken to Monica. Her attitude is horrendous. When I told her I have a young kid and newborn coming. She straight away said Wah it is going to be tough without even asking if I have other help (my mum will be helping to look after as well). She has a very bad attitude and doesn't seem interested in taking my business. I ended the call in less than 5 min with her.

I beg to differ. I have approached this agency before and spoken to Monica. Her attitude is horrendous. When I told her I have a young kid and newborn coming. She straight away said Wah it is going to be tough without even asking if I have other help (my mum will be helping to look after as well). She has a very bad attitude and doesn't seem interested in taking my business. I ended the call in less than 5 min with her.
Hi, U might want to try calling http://www.hyperlink.com.sg and look for Catherine. She is good. :)

You may want to contact Dylan @ 96490891. He's from 1 Assist Agency and will try his best to match suitable helpers to your needs. So far, must say that their agency fees are reasonable compared those at Hougang Green or Katong shopping centre.

I paid $2850 for my Filipino but she only comes in with 3 mths salary loan which to me is impt. i dont like those agencies that exploit the maid and charge them 6-8 mths salary deduction because if the loan is sooooo high , they will have low morale and wont work well. so i find its penny wise pound foolish. then have to keep changing maids etc, in the end instead of saving money end up spending more. not to mention the disruption to family life.
Hi there. Mummy goh.
Which agency u went to? Can recommend

I paid $2850 as well , but my maid loan was 5months, so I paid her $50 every month for first 5 months.

My maid agency fee is $1288 maid insurance is $296.40 and maid loan is 2 mth. $1300. Total around $2880+. Deposit i only put $200 before helper is here.

Currently i put baby 6mth old with helper alone and no camera. She is with me for just a week. But i told her we work together and build trust. So i totally trust her with baby.

Hi mida I went to goodlink resources at Upper bukit timah. My helper is very honest and pretty good in infant care.

Currently i put baby 6mth old with helper alone and no camera. She is with me for just a week. But i told her we work together and build trust. So i totally trust her with baby.
You are so brave!!! I am also considering a helper to take care my baby when i start work after confinement. But worrying as there will be no one at home..

You are so brave!!! I am also considering a helper to take care my baby when i start work after confinement. But worrying as there will be no one at home..

Me too... feeling quite worried to put helper alone with my baby when I start work... donno how.

Which agency dis u go to? Mama_joanne
I went to Far East Shopping Centre one of the maid agency. Just newly operate and i try it out. So far the agency is manage by 2 mothers and so they will understand us better. I can pm you the contact.

Actually i not so brave and really quite worried. I take care of my baby from birth myself and even more worried. But after i see the way she handle my child. I slowly monitor. At first i just go out few hours then come back. Then i see how its everything. My friend advise me to build on trust cause experience helper may not like the idea of camera. So far i really just based on trust. End march i start new job and will let her handle baby.

But i told her priorty is baby and housework is secondary. I treat her like my family member and she can watch tv with us if there is nothing much to do. I think be nice to them and they will treat our kids well. :)

I took my maid from faith employment agency & she is finishing contract soon. I find them reliable as the boss interviews the maids personally and she is very strict.
U can speak to Monica 92718159

I can share the contact for my friend's agency at Katong Shopping Centre. Anyone keen can pm me for her contact. No obligations.

But i told her priorty is baby and housework is secondary. I treat her like my family member and she can watch tv with us if there is nothing much to do. I think be nice to them and they will treat our kids well. :)

Hi, can pm ur agency details?

Back