IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Chuckles, Jia you ! I m sure your embbies are waiting to reunite with you. FET is less stress coz without the retrival n injection. Keep us posted :)

Ron : how are u doing huh? I still remember we used to chat with the rest hehee ...

Hope : no leh, I never do any test but u are right aspirin helps to think the blood n can prevent miscarriage.

Redvel : let us all Jia you together :)

Feeling giddy cos of low blood pressure, only can lie in bed.

Hi ladies, is the Ensure milk safe for consumption for pregnant ladies? Or is it more advisable to drink those that indicate for pregnancy ladies? Btw how abt supplements like COq10 and womens multivits?

Lydia : drinking maternal milk such as similar mum or enfamama is good as they comes with all the nutrients the baby needs. Ensure is like for anyone to drink too. Take more folic acid n fish oil. Fish oil is good for baby. Most importantly eat healthily. Be a Happie mummy hehee

hi ladies, i guess most of you see Dr Zou yumin @ amk? I just made my appt with her next week, hoping to help in my 1st cycle in oct. i know its alittle late, but i thot no harm trying anyway. So can i ask for those who have seen her, what to expect? will i need to bring any reports to show her? what are the pricing like? thx in adv!

Missy: her acupucture is front n back 20 mins each. Only $40. Plus a week medicine comes up about $120 per week plus acupucture. Usually u have to share with her in mandarin as she is from china. She is knowledgable to know the terms of IVF in English too. Go on weekdays if you can to avoid the crowd.

Hello sunbelle, thanks! Yup im gng o a wk day noon. But apparently when I just called..the person said they are free now..I thot I read somewhere they r always crowded..so im just surprise. . But anyway..I'll just try her out..

Hi all... have anyone heard of Artificial Thaw cycle? I was suggested by Dr.Sadhana on this for my 2nd cycle. What's the different with FET?

First time hear this term. I like to know too. Dr Sadhana didnt say anything about artificial thaw cycle to me.

Sistas, anybody have any idea if taking misoprostol orally better or go for D&C? I know most pple opted for D&C but im really scare of gg thru n i heard it might cause scarring. Sadly, still no heartbeat detected at 7w3days so gotta wash away.

Hi sunbelle,

Glad yr lap went well. I jus miscarried. My bb stopped growing and hb stopped.... Devastating moment...

Sistas, anybody have any idea if taking misoprostol orally better or go for D&C? I know most pple opted for D&C but im really scare of gg thru n i heard it might cause scarring. Sadly, still no heartbeat detected at 7w3days so gotta wash away.
Sorry to hear. Are you ok? Try again. Jia you to all of us. Xoxo

What's the difference? I emailed to kkivf n yet to get reply..

Medicated is you will take medicine to suppress ovulation starting around cd4. Transfer is done after days of progesterone supplement.

Natural is no medicine. Just hcg trigger shot. Then transfer.

Letmebemama i think artificial thaw is a medicated fet.
Medicated is you will take medicine to suppress ovulation starting around cd4. Transfer is done after days of progesterone supplement.

Redvel, it means in kkh for medicated fet, you will only start taking medicine on cd4 and transfer maybe ard d14-17? So take medicine only less than 2 weeks?

Oh... yeah there's a mention of a medicine called Progynova. They said my estimated stay in spore will be another 2 to 4 weeks. Also asked hubby to be there too, which is bit hard coz of work. Sigh..

Letmebemama i think artificial thaw is a medicated fet.

Redvel, it means in kkh for medicated fet, you will only start taking medicine on cd4 and transfer maybe ard d14-17? So take medicine only less than 2 weeks?
Straw1, Redvel.. here the timeline given to me,bcz we need to plan for our schedule

Here is the timeline for Artificial Thaw Cycle:

- Day 1 full bleed menses (to inform KKIVF Centre)

- Day 4: to start 4mg of Progynova for 5 days, followed by 6mg of Progynova for 3days
- Day 11 or Day 12: to do vaginal Ultrasound scan to check your endo lining
- once endo lining thick, will schedule embryo transfer 3-5 days later
- if not thick, you will be advised to continue taking the medicines for another 5 days then scan again.
Estimated duration stay here in Singapore is about 2-4weeks to finish the whole frozen cycle.

Since you not in SG, I would think natural fet is not an option for you if you can't stay too long. Medicated fet Is more controlled so the stay for you can be more anticipated.

Good luck to you.

Redvel for natural no trigger shot also. They will monitor for ovulation only. It's like very natural process.

Straw1, Redvel.. here the timeline given to me,bcz we need to plan for our schedule

Here is the timeline for Artificial Thaw Cycle:

- Day 1 full bleed menses (to inform KKIVF Centre)

- Day 4: to start 4mg of Progynova for 5 days, followed by 6mg of Progynova for 3days
- Day 11 or Day 12: to do vaginal Ultrasound scan to check your endo lining
- once endo lining thick, will schedule embryo transfer 3-5 days later
- if not thick, you will be advised to continue taking the medicines for another 5 days then scan again.
Estimated duration stay here in Singapore is about 2-4weeks to finish the whole frozen cycle.
Thanks for the clarification letmebemama. Seems my medicated fet is a bit different.

Tsf n Eelyzn : sorrie to hear your loss. Dun give up. Try to nurture your body. I went thru 2 miscarriages too with the first very heartbreaking as we saw the heart beat n it stopped. No words can describe how I felt. Avoid all full month parties n avoid preggie ladies for a while too. Jus too upset to attend all these functions at that point of time. Take sum time to go do tins that you like. I still miss them when think of it .

The biggest different is for medicated FET - one can control the Ovaluation. Jus a word of caution - even taking the tablets do not mean u will ovulate. Yeah my TCM doc say that if there is water in between the uterus and cervix - dun transfer - low chance of implantation. I have a failed FET before due to that. Dun waste your embryos .

Jus to add : sumtimes we jus do not know why certain tins happen. I strongly believe everytin happen for a reason. Dun dwell too much onto sumtin n let it go. Sumtimes we are happier without knowing the real answers. Usually I will persist til I get the answers. Nowadays I dun. Cos sumtimes so what if we get the real truth, it might be better that we dun know :)

The biggest different is for medicated FET - one can control the Ovaluation. Jus a word of caution - even taking the tablets do not mean u will ovulate. Yeah my TCM doc say that if there is water in between the uterus and cervix - dun transfer - low chance of implantation. I have a failed FET before due to that. Dun waste your embryos .

Ok I'm confused again :p I thought the medicine during medicated FET is oestrogen? Oestrogen prevents ovulation right? So this means during medicated FET, no ovulation will happen, no? Its main purpose is to build up healthy lining, right?

So why would ovulation happen with that pill?

Pardon for my ignorance. I like to know!

Hihi

I am in my 4th day of FET and am on insert and pills. May I know when will be a gd time to use hpt? On my BT day?

Thanks

Hi do u mean we will still ovulate or won't ovulate with medicated FET?

Hi Jumbo Gal, I mean my case is the case where is suppose to be a medicated FET but yet I dun ovulate. The KK doc also puzzled

straw1 how is your FET different may i know?
Redvel my medicated fet takes longer time. It is about 1.5 months in total. I have to take contraceptive pill for 21 days plus decapeptyl jab on the d14. Then after next menses then i will only start progynova until d14 then doc will monitor my lining. I actually still dont understand why do i need to take contraceptive pill and a jab before starting oestrogen pills :#

Actually I also dunno what is the reason. Yeah so far for those whom did lap to remove cyst, do you all find the holes painful huh? yeah cos I can still feel the pain when I walk. 4th day after lap. cannot wait to go exercise haha :)

Eeznyl, can let it MC naturally? Mine let it MC naturally but like my first 2 mc, bleed for about a month.

Dr didn't tell me abt this option but i did read up online on naturally miscarriage. Ideally i would prefer this but I dunno when it will start n how long it will take. I still feel unwell as in bloated stomach n dizzy constantly so i just wanna faster close this chapter n move on.

Back