Sending child to a new childcare centre

frances02

Had placed my child on wait list for a soon-to-open childcare centre and just got a call that he's got a place. However, feeling a bit hesitant to confirm his registration given that there's no research I can do prior to him starting. Only thing is the centre is opened by a reputable organization. As such, would like to hear from the experience of mummies here, whether u have sent your child to a brand new centre before, and steps u took to ensure that it's the right choice to make...

Hi frances02. I was in the early childhood field till this June. I understand your worries. Been in a few new centres. Usually, CCs will have a trial period. If cant adapt, u can withdraw. Check with them on this. In addition, hw old is your child? 18mths to 3yrs old, will take time for them to adapt. There will b crying, hanging on to u like crazy etc. However, u shld b aware u r allowed to b in the centre for 3days (chk with them cos usually 1st day half day stay 2nd day 3quart stay n 3rd day full day stay). During this 3days, try to slowly push your child to play or sit with the teacher. During the adaptation period, dun worry if your child isnt eating well. Its all about adapting. I know of some parents who cried when their child cried and couldnt let go. Its difficult for the teachers as well as the child. Try to let go. Your kid will b fine and taken care by the teacher. All the best!

Back