(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Jia you neveda! Just like momocrv, my bb heartbeat was faint at 6 weeks but today at 7weeks it is so much stronger!

starrymommy, I will definitely catch up with you! You wait ah! Lol

It's so nice to hear that your babies' heartbeats are going strong. Hope i will get to hear mine a week later.

All mummies be strong!

Went to see another gynae today regarding my bleeding issue and mystery is solved! My placenta is sitting on my cervix and that explains the continuous bleeding. If I'm lucky, the placenta will move away as the baby grows but if not, then I might bleed till full term. Doc said this is common but not normal. However, it is not a risk to bb.

Today saw bb again and frequency of the heartbeat is so strong! Within a week, grew from 3mm to 10.3mm. Doc said my bb is growing beautifully, showed me the head, heart & tail but honestly, I couldn't figure it out as I only see a small lump. Lol!
At least you found the cause... Congrats! I'm soooo looking forward to my appt next week so I can see the flickering heartbeat that it's growing well..

Wave to all new mummies.. I'm with KKH now but decided to switch to Benjamin tham.. Already booked his appt..

Any experienced mummy to share if oscar or harmony test is better? I know harmony is more ex but if it can detect more things than Oscar and I can skip oscar, I may consider.

Eeznyl! How are you doing?? You've been missed. :)

Starrymommy, im immune to one after another bad news... after my blood test last mon, I went to another gynae to do a scan then realise my sac is out of shape wic is another sign of a failed pregnancy, the gynae told me confidently that sure no hope n quickly schedule a D&C which i rejected. Went hm n google... most of such cases indeed ended up miscarried but there are some success stories too tho i guess my chance might just be less than 1%. Gg bk kkh tmr to face the reality... past 3 weeks were hell for me.

babygaga, very happy to hear that your healthy baby is growing well!! :) must eat more and take care!

i also don't dare to see the weighing machine at the gynae tomorrow...i have been eating and sleeping only!

sleepawhile and booy, you'll hear the strong heartbeat very soon!!

Hi! New to mommyhood too. Pregnant after a year of marriage yayyyy. Hoping to glean some tips and insights from all you ladies here.

So far, not experiencing morning sickness or headaches or nausea. But I feel bloated like 24/7.

Starrymommy, im immune to one after another bad news... after my blood test last mon, I went to another gynae to do a scan then realise my sac is out of shape wic is another sign of a failed pregnancy, the gynae told me confidently that sure no hope n quickly schedule a D&C which i rejected. Went hm n google... most of such cases indeed ended up miscarried but there are some success stories too tho i guess my chance might just be less than 1%. Gg bk kkh tmr to face the reality... past 3 weeks were hell for me.
big hugs hugs to you Eeznyl!! Hoping and praying for a miracle and that yours will be a success story!!

Hi starry mommy, i shld have an indication whether i can stay on in this group by next week.
Anyone hit week 6 and no heartbeat yet?
Even if I clear this, there'll be either cvs and amnio down the road. :(
Im with Dr June Tan at KKH, any KKH mummies here?

Hi Alicialimsc, my #1 is 21 mths old. Kinda stressed thinking how to cope with pregnancy & caring for her now

Hi Eeznyl :)

Hi Neveda... dun worry abt the heartbeat. U might have a late ovulation. Wait 1 more week n scan again. Will be fine!

babygaga, very happy to hear that your healthy baby is growing well!! :) must eat more and take care!

i also don't dare to see the weighing machine at the gynae tomorrow...i have been eating and sleeping only!

sleepawhile and booy, you'll hear the strong heartbeat very soon!!
Thanks babymarian.. Gynae hasn't asked to weigh yet.. Good luck to you! I just need more assurance.. I seen that flickering at week 6 but the feeling still hasn't sink in me.. I hope bb is growing well. Stay strong and healthy..

big hugs hugs to you Eeznyl!! Hoping and praying for a miracle and that yours will be a success story!!

Thanks! Its an "eventful" pregnancy so far... definitely learn so much on what could went wrong in 1st trimester. If it turns out to be successful pregnancy, i think it's the biggest miracle any gynae has ever seen... haha...

Hi all, i just tested positive too and according to the edd calculator, my edd should be around 16 May 2015. Was in a total shock cos my no. 1 is just 16 months old and i have just recently quitted my job to spend time with him. Also just started a home biz doing handmade stuff....but now i'm preggie again.is kinda worried if still can do those sewing and cutting or not cos my biz is handmade craftworks? If cannot do, means i got to shelve my biz and totally 0 income. Haiz. Any one has any advices on this?

Eeznyl, keep praying and stay positive....Miracles do happened. We just have to believe in it. Hope you will hear more good news soon. *Hugz*

Hi all, i just tested positive too and according to the edd calculator, my edd should be around 16 May 2015. Was in a total shock cos my no. 1 is just 16 months old and i have just recently quitted my job to spend time with him. Also just started a home biz doing handmade stuff....but now i'm preggie again.is kinda worried if still can do those sewing and cutting or not cos my biz is handmade craftworks? If cannot do, means i got to shelve my biz and totally 0 income. Haiz. Any one has any advices on this?

I think it boils dw to whether r u pantang or not. I only heard b4 abt not using scissors in bed only. My mum was a seamstress when she was pregnant with my siblings n me n nothing went wrong.

Starrymommy, me & hubby have blood disorder. There's a 25% chance that the bb will be a major and need blood transfusion for life even if he survives. Thus, i will have to do cvs or amnio for every single pregnancy. If tested to be a major, I will have to terminate my pregnancy.
We even went through counselling for my first pregnancy. With all those test, the risk of miscarriage increases.
Prof John Tee did my amnio for #1 and he had to poke me twice ( shudder) .
Since Im already older, the odds for a successful birth is lower.

Momocrv, baby gaga, keeping my fingers crossed till next Fri. Just hope the spotting stops in the meantime.
I did abnominal scan.

Honeyhoney, we have the same gynae! she's nice but Im considering a change cause she runs on bangkok time. Lol.
I think our edd is the same.

Eeznyl, miracles do happen. When I found out i had the same blood disorder as hubby from a routine health check ( after 32 yrs) the doc told us not to pin hopes on having children.

on top of a blood disorder, i have spinal arthritis, which doesnt work well with a pregancy.
Against all odds ( which includes being rejected by Dr adrian woodworth 2X) i delivered in 2012 with KKH ( at his recommandation)

Eeznyl, miracles do happen. When I found out i had the same blood disorder as hubby from a routine health check ( after 32 yrs) the doc told us not to pin hopes on having children.

on top of a blood disorder, i have spinal arthritis, which doesnt work well with a pregancy.
Against all odds ( which includes being rejected by Dr adrian woodworth 2X) i delivered in 2012 with KKH ( at his recommandation)

Thanks for ur encouragement n sharing yr success story! All these motivates me n keeps my hope going! Tho im more prepared to face any outcome tmr, i still pin on that 1% of chance for my miracle to happen!

I wish that u will have a smooth n healthy pregnancy too!

Eeznyl..... hugzzz
Regardless of what happens. ...God will plan the right thing... as a saying goes. ..everything happens for a reason....
Take my case for example... I mc twice .... and finally I found out the reason why ...was due to a scarring which I suspect might have left from my 1st bb after c-section. ... this type of pregnancy would not last to term. I believed God plan it for me so that I won't suffer...
So finally I did the procedure to remove the adhesion band...
Don't give up regardless of the outcome ya.... I hoped to encourage you to continue Jia you ya .....

Good morning mummies!!!

Booy & babymarian, forget about the weighing machine! Now is the best time for putting on weight!

Eeznyl, I admire your positive attitude. Hang on! Praying for miracle to happen on you!

Neveda, your story really touched me. Your #1 is your miracle! You just proved to us that perseverance does pay off!

Like what my doc said the other day. Just let nature take it's course. Whatever the outcome, try stay positive.

@Eeznyl hugs. For my previous pregnancy, the scan at 8th week showed a crescent sac. Baby had no heartbeat and didn't grow. When doc said d&c, i teared. My mind stayed blank for rest of the day.

Thanks mummies for sharing with me your personal stories n encouragement. Still no heartbeat detected so gotta wash away.

Went to see another gynae today regarding my bleeding issue and mystery is solved! My placenta is sitting on my cervix and that explains the continuous bleeding. If I'm lucky, the placenta will move away as the baby grows but if not, then I might bleed till full term. Doc said this is common but not normal. However, it is not a risk to bb.

Today saw bb again and frequency of the heartbeat is so strong! Within a week, grew from 3mm to 10.3mm. Doc said my bb is growing beautifully, showed me the head, heart & tail but honestly, I couldn't figure it out as I only see a small lump. Lol!

Babygaga, who is your gynae? I asked my gynae he said no placenta formed yet at our stage so cannot be placenta previa. He said may just be contractions causing spotting as pregnancy still not so stable at this stage.
Anyway, u are also on HL til 12th week right?

Btw, are u in our fb group?

Hugz Eeznyl. Thinking from another point of view, perhaps it is good that this episode has finally ended so that you can start afresh. When there's a will, there's a way. Jia you gal!

Mummycoccyx, you are right. She used another term that describes my current situation but I can't remember the word. Suddenly talked to me abt so many medical terms that I couldn't understand. Lol
My gynae is Dr Chia Yee Tien. Yup I'm on HL until 12th week but still went back office once or twice a week.
I'm not on the fb group yet. Wanna wait till after 12th week then join in, in case something bad happened (touchwood!)

Hi mummies,
According to the online calculator I'm 5 weeks pregnant
But I think I'm only 3 weeks pregnant.
Went to kkhospital on Wednesday 17 sept
They couldn't spot any baby.
They said might be very early pregnancy.
My period was due 11 sept
However on 13 sept I have one drop of blood . Dark brown
Doc say it's normal
Spotting comes on alternate days and it's just one or two drips of blood.

Is it normal?
I'm staying at sembawang. Heard many bad reviews abt TMC at sembawang. Any recommendation?
How abt kkh?

Thanks mummies

Thanks mummies for sharing with me your personal stories n encouragement. Still no heartbeat detected so gotta wash away.
Hugzzz Eeznyl... Hope your next one will come soon..

Hi mummies,
According to the online calculator I'm 5 weeks pregnant
But I think I'm only 3 weeks pregnant.
Went to kkhospital on Wednesday 17 sept
They couldn't spot any baby.
They said might be very early pregnancy.
My period was due 11 sept
However on 13 sept I have one drop of blood . Dark brown
Doc say it's normal
Spotting comes on alternate days and it's just one or two drips of blood.

Is it normal?
I'm staying at sembawang. Heard many bad reviews abt TMC at sembawang. Any recommendation?
How abt kkh?

Thanks mummies
Congrats! Today I also have spotting.. So scary with a bit of clots that I went to o&g at KKH.. Accordingly to doc, it's very normal.. It's scary so just gonna monitor closely..

Mummycoccyx, you are right. She used another term that describes my current situation but I can't remember the word. Suddenly talked to me abt so many medical terms that I couldn't understand. Lol
My gynae is Dr Chia Yee Tien. Yup I'm on HL until 12th week but still went back office once or twice a week.
I'm not on the fb group yet. Wanna wait till after 12th week then join in, in case something bad happened (touchwood!)
Dun worry too much.. Be positive and take care.. If I'm on Hl till 12th week, my boss would have killed me..

My MS for this pregnancy is really bad. When feel better can eat but after that feel so nausea the whole day.
I don't have much MS.. But I also don't eat well.. Junk food seems to suit my appetite though.. Maybe you just need to look for a good timing and right food that suits you now..

My MS for this pregnancy is really bad. When feel better can eat but after that feel so nausea the whole day.
Me too...I feel nausea all the time and I get hunger pangs. After eating I feel terrible if don't eat I feel so hungry like haven't eaten in many months. Now I try taking smaller meals but more frequent...seems to be helping slightly. I hope the ms will go away after 1st trimester. I don't have energy to do my exercise too tired all the time :(

Me too...I feel nausea all the time and I get hunger pangs. After eating I feel terrible if don't eat I feel so hungry like haven't eaten in many months. Now I try taking smaller meals but more frequent...seems to be helping slightly. I hope the ms will go away after 1st trimester. I don't have energy to do my exercise too tired all the time :(

Wow yours is same as mine . Last nite I so peace off I go and eat tom yum soup and so much better. Haiz but today back again

Eeznyl..... hugzzz ... please take good care and do a mini confinement to nourish your body ya... God definitely have his plans for you... Be strong and positive ...

Dear Eeznyl big hugs. Do take care. God will bless u with another pregnancy soon. I too hv gone thru similar experience as u in my previous pregnancy. Don't give up!

Thanks all! Was upset but on the other hand quite relieve to get a closure... now can't decide whether to take the misoprostol to start the miscarriage or go for D&C. Have no idea what to take after that... probably will just drink the longan red date tea.

Thanks all! Was upset but on the other hand quite relieve to get a closure... now can't decide whether to take the misoprostol to start the miscarriage or go for D&C. Have no idea what to take after that... probably will just drink the longan red date tea.
Have a good mini confinement, you can order from those confinement tingkat place and after that can start trying again. Take care eeznyl

Eeznyl, so sad to hear about what you have going thru. I just want to share a quote with you which comfort me during my previous mysterius m/c. Take care....

"Don't worry. God is never blind to your tears, never deaf to your prayers, and never silent to your pain. He sees, He hears and He will deliver. He will make it beautiful in His time."

Hi everyone im new here. This is gg to be my no.2. Went to gynae 2 weeks ago n could only see the sac. Gynae say still too early to see baby cos less than 6 weeks.
Im happy to have this baby but at the same time im very worried abt my job and hope i can get some advice here.
Im still in probation. My probation is 6 mths n now im into 5th mth. My manager just informed me im took too many mc n leave (due to ms) n this will affect my confirmation. When should i inform my manager my pregnancy? If before confirmation, i doubt they will confirm me. If confirm there will be pre employment check up. What should i do to secure my job?

Last edited:
@Eeznyl Sorry to hear but I know you a strong mummy. Ive been through this not long ago and I know how painful this is. The closure is good for you to rest your mind.. your body.. take a break and start again.

Remember dear, God never wastes a hurt and he will not test us beyond what we cannot take. God bless always!

Back