Childless Not By Choice Group

Hi @twinklelight. Congrats on the bfp. My last cycle I was on saizen as well but has to cancel due to no growing. This time im on saizen for 2 months before starting the stimulation. Hope it works. How long were u on saizen?

Hi ladies... can I ask... what's BFP? Been seeing this acronym for quite sometime, still trying to figure out wad that means... :confused:

Bfp= big fat positive

my sister also didn't know what is bfp stands for even when she has delivered her kids..

i was on saizen for every 2 days during day 6 to day 12

Read through the previous pages, realised there are lots useful advice from babygalore, wondering if she is still active in this forum anymore?

Dont give up ladies, i am blessed with a son after countless failure. I was helpless too and this thread.is very.inspiring.

HI bs1970, it is very inspiring to see your effort and determination in another thread, I wish I could be as determined as I am sad and resentful on what is happening to me..I could have given up if DH is not by my side, accompanying me to see TCM regularly, urging me to eat appropriate food and medicine. I am also lazy and lack of courage to do more to improve my conditions...its good to see the sisters here encouraging each other, thanks to you all

I am going for my natural/half natural IVF cycle soon in Raffles Hospital (next week), my doctor mentioned that Saizen will increase the number of follicles, but did not mention if it will help on the eggs quality, maybe she is thinking that I could not produce many eggs, hence not useful for me? According to doc, if I am taking Saizen, it will be like a jab every 2 days...anyone here mind to share more on Saizen experience?

Ieuieu, I just did my ivf and this time I hv saizen for 2 months prior to my ivf. I can say my eggs indeed improved. This time im on high dosage of puregon 400iu. Total yield 27 eggs, 24 injected, 24 fertilised. In my first cycle, with 200iu puregon without saizen, only yield 4 eggs and only 2 fertilised. Both embbies din make it. 2nd cycle using gonalf with saizen, dosage from 300 increase to 600 but none of the eggs grow and whole cycle aborted. This cycle from 24 fertilised eggs, 18 was cultured to blastocyst. My gynae told me saizen will improve the egg quality not the quantity. Its the stim jab puregon or gonalf which could cause increase in egg numbers

Ellesie wow your ivf is very "cheap" since your hit rate is excellent. Ha. So you transfered 2 and have 16 blasto frozen?

Lueieu i was also on saizen for this cycle. My first fresh no saizen. This 2nd fresh doc wants to improve my egg quality so i was jabbed daily with it for 8 days (my stim was exactly 8 days).

It did pace my egg growth very well. In terms of quantity not much difference (same dosage in first n 2nd fresh). My doc thinks quantity is not the issue for me. It's the quality.

Redvel, haha. At first I feel the pinch for the whole ivf cos first time did it at private. But after see the result, I feel worth it. This should be my last try. Yes, will only transfer 2 cos I also dun want the risk of having triplets. Haha. Even having twins will be my max limit as I only want to have one more. Really cant wait for fet. Meanwhile can only prepare myself to have better health. When is ur bt btw?

Not sure yet. Dr says wait for 2 cycle menses then go back to him. Hope e blastos can make it. Waiting for ur bb dust on 25 aug :)

Ieuieu, I just did my ivf and this time I hv saizen for 2 months prior to my ivf. I can say my eggs indeed improved. This time im on high dosage of puregon 400iu. Total yield 27 eggs, 24 injected, 24 fertilised. In my first cycle, with 200iu puregon without saizen, only yield 4 eggs and only 2 fertilised. Both embbies din make it. 2nd cycle using gonalf with saizen, dosage from 300 increase to 600 but none of the eggs grow and whole cycle aborted. This cycle from 24 fertilised eggs, 18 was cultured to blastocyst. My gynae told me saizen will improve the egg quality not the quantity. Its the stim jab puregon or gonalf which could cause increase in egg numbers

Hi ellesie, thank you for your reply, it seems like a combo of puregon and 2 mths of saizen work the best, i am surprised that my doc did not really recommend me to jab saizen, wish you success for the ET:), how much does the saizen for 2 mths cost?

Ellesie wow your ivf is very "cheap" since your hit rate is excellent. Ha. So you transfered 2 and have 16 blasto frozen?

Lueieu i was also on saizen for this cycle. My first fresh no saizen. This 2nd fresh doc wants to improve my egg quality so i was jabbed daily with it for 8 days (my stim was exactly 8 days).

It did pace my egg growth very well. In terms of quantity not much difference (same dosage in first n 2nd fresh). My doc thinks quantity is not the issue for me. It's the quality.

Thanks redvel, my doctor also thinked similarly, that I might not be able to produce lots follicles, hence, recommending me to do natural IVF this round...but she never mentioned Saizen until I asked her about that, could it be different practices for different doctors..? :rolleyes:

Firstly from what I know, saizen usually is prescribed when one has failed ivf or/and she is of older age group aka me la.

Surely different doc different practice. But most deciding factor is the patient. Everyone is different. Someone needs saizen doesn't mean you need too. Might be you're young. Egg quality might not be an issue for you. Seems like your doc is concerned on your quantity. I personally don't see the point of saizen for you as far as I read here.

Firstly from what I know, saizen usually is prescribed when one has failed ivf or/and she is of older age group aka me la.

Surely different doc different practice. But most deciding factor is the patient. Everyone is different. Someone needs saizen doesn't mean you need too. Might be you're young. Egg quality might not be an issue for you. Seems like your doc is concerned on your quantity. I personally don't see the point of saizen for you as far as I read here.

I am not too young either, 35 now, I think I really need Saizen, thank you for your advice...I copy my previous post to here,

Did my 1st IVF in early May, with very high dosage of Gonal-f at 450. Initial ultrasound scan revealed that only 2 eggs are available for retrieval. Did another ultrasound before eggs retrieval and doc suspected that the eggs are not in good shape and she actually asked if we want to proceed with the retrieval. Decided to proceed and the result was a blow to us, the eggs had very few cells and are not suitable for embryo formation. My doc actually mentioned that the low egg counts and inability to produce quality eggs during stimulation could be related to genes/cyst surgery (did in early 2013)

Your stim dosage indeed is on the high side. I thought mine at 400 is very high already.

So is your doc going to give you saizen this time after you asked her?

Your stim dosage indeed is on the high side. I thought mine at 400 is very high already.

So is your doc going to give you saizen this time after you asked her?

My AMH is low at 1.8, I believe that was the reason doc giving me rather high gonal-f...she is giving me Saizen after I have asked her, but she mentioned that the jab will be 1 jab every 2 days, not sure what is the right amount, but will just follow on what she has recommended..

not sure why i cannot post from phone, have to logged in to comp to comment :(
Saizen costs me 2k for the 2 months and another 500 once i start ivf, for the 5 days. For my case, I have better response using puregon rather than gonalf. I've checked with my gynae, but he says should be the same. But for me, it's proven otherwise. My second cycle I was on 600 gonalf yet the eggs din grow and the whole cycle has to be aborted. This time I'm back to puregon and it yields quite amount of egg. I also change from long protocol to short protocol. I have better response to short protocol.
My saizen jab is also once every 2 days. All the best to u, Ieuieu

not sure why i cannot post from phone, have to logged in to comp to comment :(
Saizen costs me 2k for the 2 months and another 500 once i start ivf, for the 5 days. For my case, I have better response using puregon rather than gonalf. I've checked with my gynae, but he says should be the same. But for me, it's proven otherwise. My second cycle I was on 600 gonalf yet the eggs din grow and the whole cycle has to be aborted. This time I'm back to puregon and it yields quite amount of egg. I also change from long protocol to short protocol. I have better response to short protocol.
My saizen jab is also once every 2 days. All the best to u, Ieuieu

Thanks Ellesie and redvel, this week or next I will learn about my fate, all the best to all!

Hi sisters, just an update here, my period came last Tues and went to meet Raffes doc on the day after. Doctor let me to take 5 days of Letrozole and 1ml of Saizen once every 2 days...Did an ultrascan today, there are 2 eggs from the left ovary, measuring at 7+ only, according to doc, it should be around 10+mm by now; hence, I am going to visit her again on Fri, hopefully these 2 can grow fast :) Since last week, I am not eating Dr Zou medicine anymore,while eating everything healthy that can help ( Daily: 1) Wheatgrass; 2) 2 x eggs; 3)brazilian nuts jam on bread 4) fish essence with cordyceps & ginseng that kind; 5) Anti-oxidant fruits, avacado juice etc daily, 6)Occasional red dates/wolfberries drink 7) 1 x time dang gui soup).

Also, I am doing butterfly Yoga as per recommended by Babygalore and I soak my feet before sleep. Anything else that is beneficial for eggs growth that sisters here will recommend :)?

Last edited:
Good luck leuiue.

Saizen apparently didn't work wonder for me as my 2nd fresh didn't succeed.

I hope it goes the opposite way of mine for you!

Did my scan last Fri, 2 x eggs are grown to around size 12, and doctor gave me Puregon 300 and Ganirelix jabs from Fri till Sunday...

Did another scan yesterday (Mon 1Sep), lining is around 10, egg 1 is grown to size 17, while another 1 is missing according to Raffles doctor!? Doc mentioned that she will try to find for me on the eggs retrieval day, any sisters here encounter similar experience on such? If the egg is 'missing', it should leave some mark on the scan? Did a blood test yesterday as well, Estradiol level is at 1488pmol/L, which is satisfactory, just hope for the best on this Wed, pray pray~

One of my follicles also disappeared in my second scan but re-appeared in the last scan before the egg retrieval. Dun worry too much abt it :)

Did my scan last Fri, 2 x eggs are grown to around size 12, and doctor gave me Puregon 300 and Ganirelix jabs from Fri till Sunday...

Did another scan yesterday (Mon 1Sep), lining is around 10, egg 1 is grown to size 17, while another 1 is missing according to Raffles doctor!? Doc mentioned that she will try to find for me on the eggs retrieval day, any sisters here encounter similar experience on such? If the egg is 'missing', it should leave some mark on the scan? Did a blood test yesterday as well, Estradiol level is at 1488pmol/L, which is satisfactory, just hope for the best on this Wed, pray pray~

Done the retrieval yesterday, yet again, another disappointment...Dr commented that there was only follicle, after suction and wash, cannot find the egg.. she has more or less given me the 'death' sentence, where accepting relatives' eggs donation will be the only option...I read on internet, some mentioned that actually HCG injection duration and dosage are vital for this kind of syndrome call empty follicle syndrome: http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/empty-follicles-explained

Not sure if there are any doctors here that can advise on such? I will want to get myself another last try, and DH also wont accept donor eggs.. :(

Last edited:
Was advised to see a doctor in Bangkok that has better IVF solutions for empty follicle syndrome, any sistas here that had heard about such option?

Abt 4-5mths ago my uncle in law told us he was planning to go bkk for ivf. Have failed 2 or 3 x at kkivf. It's very advanced there (gene check, sex selection etc). Not sure if they have flown there to do. This kind of things didn't wanna ask too direct.

But it's definitely more advanced than here in SG.

There are a few well known ivf centres in bkk if you google. Can get more reviews there too. If you're really keen, email them with a brief history and other queries. They do get back. My uncle started with that.

Thanks Sis Redvel for replying, i thought this thread is abandoned liao ;)...My TCM doc (the famous doc that most sistas here mentioned) recommended me to Dr Wiwat in BKK, heard that he is good in providing solutions for empty follicles during retrieval (different method as compared to Sg IVF doctors), I sent them an email on my history, they replied very fast, not sure about the cost though, read in angmoh forums, they mentioned somewhere around S$11k (everything), not sure if it includes the gene check, sex selection etc that you have mentioned..

Not hoping anymore (tears dry after crying), but i would really want to give myself a last try, though some TCM doc will prefer me to have proper diet/TCM/exercise to regulate the environment that is toxic due to endometriosis.

I also asked the Thai doc if I should do another round of AMH/FSH check, plus SIS to check the condition in my ovary, but he does not recommend to do so.

Hopefully anyone that has explored the BKK option can exchange info here?:)

Good that you're exploring and have some sort of Plan B.

Haven't heard anyone here mentioned about BKK IVF. Hopefully some gui-ren can help shed some light soon.

If I have decided to go, I could be the pioneer here to discuss abt our journey in bkk :), haha.. Heard from tcm doc that she has quite a few patients going bkk to see that dr doc, and the results are positive, finger cross

Proceeded to do another round of blood test just now (amh, fsh this kind), and will check the Fallopian tubes (x-Ray) after my menses has finished (today is the 1st day), if the report is as lousy, dunno if it will be good to do any other ivf.. Will probably decide on the bkk option after this.. Wondering if there are any success with low amh patients?

Proceeded to do another round of blood test just now (amh, fsh this kind), and will check the Fallopian tubes (x-Ray) after my menses has finished (today is the 1st day), if the report is as lousy, dunno if it will be good to do any other ivf.. Will probably decide on the bkk option after this.. Wondering if there are any success with low amh patients?

i've low amh of 4.9.. Managed to conceive via ivf with 2 embryos to transfer. No embryos left to store though

Mine is 0.6pmol and 1.8 pmol for 1st and 2nd test, it is considered as low ovarian reserve anyway, and the failed ivfs (x2) can prove that as well, only able to achieve 1-2 follicles everytime...worse still doc cannot find the egg, empty follicle so call...

Leuieu, the follicle may not b empty if the e2 is high before the retrieval. It happened during one of my natural cycle. No egg was retrieved. I checked with other doc and found out that it could b due to wrong timing of retrieval, the egg is not mature yet and hence, doc could not suck it out.
Dont be discouragd, i am also low reserve. U only need 1 gd egg. Pls continue to tiaoyour body. Dont rush.

Leuieu, the follicle may not b empty if the e2 is high before the retrieval. It happened during one of my natural cycle. No egg was retrieved. I checked with other doc and found out that it could b due to wrong timing of retrieval, the egg is not mature yet and hence, doc could not suck it out.
Dont be discouragd, i am also low reserve. U only need 1 gd egg. Pls continue to tiaoyour body. Dont rush.
I notice u have been taking danggui. Pls check with your tcm doc if u can take. Not everyone can take danggui.

Hi ladies...

would like to join this forum..

me 41 this yr going 42 next yr... married for 14 yrs still childless... 4 attempts of ivf with dr loh sf and didnt work out.. last attempt was this mth.. extremely devastated and am lost at what to do now... havent seen dr loh for follow up.. seeing him next week to understand the reason for the failed attempt... haiz... just v tiring but i am not giving up... being in this forum gives me support and encouragement...

appreciate if there is any good advice from anyone..

Leuieu, i am a silent reader. From the ivf thread. Would you consider getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion from another doctor? IVF protocols are a bit of an art rather than exact science. Before you head off to BKK probavly worth seeing a few other doctors with your records and ask them abt your case and what they would recommend. I agree with bs1970's post abt alternative reasons to empty follicles.

Hopenfaith, so sorry for your failed attempts. I don't have any great advise to give you. But I'm wondering if you have been tested for the reasons why implantations not happening. Also, would you consider a change of doctors? As ron said, ivf is a bit of an art- Diff doc, diff styles.

Hi ladies...

would like to join this forum..

me 41 this yr going 42 next yr... married for 14 yrs still childless... 4 attempts of ivf with dr loh sf and didnt work out.. last attempt was this mth.. extremely devastated and am lost at what to do now... havent seen dr loh for follow up.. seeing him next week to understand the reason for the failed attempt... haiz... just v tiring but i am not giving up... being in this forum gives me support and encouragement...

appreciate if there is any good advice from anyone..

I am 40 too and at our age the quality of eggs do decrease as compared to the good ones. Is good that u are not giving up. We just need to find one good one to stick. Have u consider trying donor egg? I mean we should not close doors to all option.

I agree on the part on trying 2nd doc. Hope you can consider that.

Indeed with our age, donor egg is one good option if you and hubby are very determined to have a child of your own.

This coming FET is our last try. We won't consider ivf anymore.

14yrs is a long time...I hope your bundle of joy will come soon.

Yeah. Me too. Last try then hubby and I will consider adoption. Cannot make myself go thru all the jabs and crazy mood swings.

Yes! Only 4 blasto. I asked the nurse why the 3 day embies were not frozen. She said they cannot make it. The doc promised me all will be frozen so I was expecting those that will not be chosen to go for blastocysts will be frozen. Puzzling. Definitely will ask doc. I would have loved to have those 3 3-day put in me anyways. Worth a shot I think. Anyways, not complaining. I shall wait patiently for them. Don't know when though. Hehe.

Back