(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Mummies, is it normal to have spotting in first trimester? Color is like old blood stain....
momocrv, you should call your gynae immediately if you find any spotting or bleeding. That is what my gynae told me, becoz in first trisemester the baby is not stabil yet. Gynae might give you duphaston or jab to stabilise the baby. I hope everything is ok.

aaesrin, i think maybe you should seek a 2nd opinion regarding this...if me i would definitely choose to induce the period...hugs hugs!!

momocrv, you should try to see your gynae as soon as possible...hope and pray the spotting stops!!

Babymarian, this is second opinion already. Even this gynae wasnt confident to ask me take the hormones pill...ask me to call my previous gynae to confirm hcg level before i take. Im waiting for the figures now. Thanks!

momocrv, you should call your gynae immediately if you find any spotting or bleeding. That is what my gynae told me, becoz in first trisemester the baby is not stabil yet. Gynae might give you duphaston or jab to stabilise the baby. I hope everything is ok.
Gynae said only go back if there is heavy bleeding or pain. I was on duphaston for 10 days and spotting stop but now it came back again but it is very light. Yeah u better call them again and see if I need to continue my duphaston.

Gynae said only go back if there is heavy bleeding or pain. I was on duphaston for 10 days and spotting stop but now it came back again but it is very light. Yeah u better call them again and see if I need to continue my duphaston.

momocrv, because of my previous m/c, my gynae give me duphaston from week 4+ and I need to continuously eat duphaston till end of first tri, just to play safe. He has been monitoring me once per two weeks. So far, I am fine, no spotting or bleeding. I think my gynae will give me a jab once I get spotting or bleeding. He told me that jab is more powerful than duphaston, but he said I do not need it since there was no spottng or bleeding.

Hope your spotting stops and the baby is fine!

momocrv, because of my previous m/c, my gynae give me duphaston from week 4+ and I need to continuously eat duphaston till end of first tri, just to play safe. He has been monitoring me once per two weeks. So far, I am fine, no spotting or bleeding. I think my gynae will give me a jab once I get spotting or bleeding. He told me that jab is more powerful than duphaston, but he said I do not need it since there was no spottng or bleeding.

Hope your spotting stops and the baby is fine!
Thanks mylilsheep, I hope so too. I am still waiting for the hospital to call me back if I need to continue taking duphaston. I will also request for blood test on my hsg level next two days to give me peace of mind.

Hi mummies!

just took a +ve preg test this morning and still searching for a gynae to confirm the results before I announce to everyone..
any gynaes to recommend as my prev gynae had retired.

BTW, Keen to join the fb group too!
My email is [email protected]

Hi Mummies & Mummies to be...

I was tested positive this Monday.. Went and see a gynae on Monday (coz my menses shld come today-Wednesday so it's a early pregnancy.. Doc advised a blood test and he gave me 安胎药.. Result came out Tuesday.. My Bb hormone & my hormone is very low..! So he increase my dosage.. Today went back again for another blood test and injection..! Blood test result will only know tomorrow...

Does anyone have the same encounter as me??! I have pcos so this was like striking a 4D for me... And I am praying very hard that my condition will improve..

Hello mummies,

How much are your gynaes charging for the proluton jabs?

My GP is charging $2o-plus for the injection service. Is that reasonable? Ampoules are given by my gynae. I'm going to GP for jab because it's nearer.

Hi morning all mummies and mummies to be,

I discover faint positive beg of this month and went for hcg to confirm the pregnancy. Just saw my bb hb yesterday at week 6. This is my third pregnancy. 1st is born in oct11 and 2nd only 7mths. Hope to join the FB page. My email is [email protected]

good morning, mummies! one more day to the weekend. :)
congrats and welcome to the "newcomers"! may all of us have a SMOOTH and EASY pregnancy!

I will be seeing dr yam later at Gleneagles. had some minor brown spotting on and off the past 1 week plus so just go see him for a peace of mind.

Back from Gleneagles! To be safe, I was given a jab to stabilize the pregnancy. Literally a pain in the butt! Then did routine blood test to check for the usual things. Plus given Eutrogestan to be taken at night for the next 2 weeks. Baby is fine! Heart beating away steadily, looking really tiny and cute on the screen. :D

Dr Yam charges $880 (subject to GST) for his package for 14th week onwards. Seems quite reasonable.

good luck starrymommy. Hope you can see your little beanie is growing bigger liao.

Last week I told my gynae that sometime I have a bit of pain on my lower abdomen sometime at left sometime at right side, but no spotting or bleeding. He scan and cannot find anything, he said the bb is fine but ask me to come back in a week time if that persist. Although sometime I still can feel a bit of pain but it is very minor and not happen every day. I don't know whether I should go check again with gynae this week. Have any of you also experience this?

Thanks, mylilsheep. :) Was given MC to standby in case spotting worsens (touchwood!). Hopefully won't need to utilize as my colleague is still on her maternity leave and I am tasked to handle some of her work.

Not sure what caused the pain you are feeling. Wonder if it could be the uterus stretching itself to accommodate the growing beanie??

starrymommy, very happy to hear that everything is good and well! :)

mylilsheep, sometimes i do feel some tugging/pulling feeling in the lower abdomen but it's not a painful sensation...

starrymommy, hopefully your spotting stop. Don't stand too long and take rest as long as you can.

the pain is a bit strange, feel like something stabbing but only for few minutes on and off. So I am not really bother about it since no spotting or bleeding. I told gynae last week, he scan and check he said he cannot see any blood clot or any cyst inside. He also dunno why. I told him whether it is because my uterus stretching? He said maybe, but he cannot be sure.

Hi ladies! I went to see my Gynae yesterday and they did another scan to ensure no bleeding and we could see the bb's heart beat flickering!! Doc said it is still early stage 6W1D asked not to worry and gave me duphaston for another 2 weeks. Review in 2 weeks time again.

Hi ladies! I went to see my Gynae yesterday and they did another scan to ensure no bleeding and we could see the bb's heart beat flickering!! Doc said it is still early stage 6W1D asked not to worry and gave me duphaston for another 2 weeks. Review in 2 weeks time again.

That's good news! Such a relief every time we see the heartbeat flickering on the screen. Heh heh!

Mylilsheep, I have that pain sometimes too. But I find that it helps if I sit down more often. Sometimes I forget to sit down as often as I should and I get the pain.

Mylilsheep, starmommy - thanks! it is a great relieved but we are still trying to stay cool until after 1st trimester.

Congrats! Take special care of yourself now and wait to see beanie again..

good luck starrymommy. Hope you can see your little beanie is growing bigger liao.

Last week I told my gynae that sometime I have a bit of pain on my lower abdomen sometime at left sometime at right side, but no spotting or bleeding. He scan and cannot find anything, he said the bb is fine but ask me to come back in a week time if that persist. Although sometime I still can feel a bit of pain but it is very minor and not happen every day. I don't know whether I should go check again with gynae this week. Have any of you also experience this?
I also have such pain.. But it's usually gone within a few seconds.. Tot it's pretty normal..

Helllllooo everyone! I was just tested positive yesterday. . Went online check n edd is 25 may. My no 1 is 25month old. Sweat leh. Hehe.

I have not seen a gynae yet. Wana change cos dont like my previous one as i have a bit of complication during delivery. Any suggestions for a more affordable gynae in the east?

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm a second time mummy, just visited my gynae & given 1 week bed rest due to spotting.
My edd shld be 10 May. No heartbeat detected yet & appt made for blood test next week.

Hi, alicialimsc and neveda. Congrats to you both and welcome to the thread. :)

alicialimsc, by the time #2 is born, your #1 will be coming to 3 years old. Should be easier to manage by then, as toddlers can express themselves better and speak more clearly. Don't worry, cross the bridge when you reach it bah. :D

Went to see another gynae today regarding my bleeding issue and mystery is solved! My placenta is sitting on my cervix and that explains the continuous bleeding. If I'm lucky, the placenta will move away as the baby grows but if not, then I might bleed till full term. Doc said this is common but not normal. However, it is not a risk to bb.

Today saw bb again and frequency of the heartbeat is so strong! Within a week, grew from 3mm to 10.3mm. Doc said my bb is growing beautifully, showed me the head, heart & tail but honestly, I couldn't figure it out as I only see a small lump. Lol!

Hi starry mommy, i shld have an indication whether i can stay on in this group by next week.
Anyone hit week 6 and no heartbeat yet?
Even if I clear this, there'll be either cvs and amnio down the road. :(
Im with Dr June Tan at KKH, any KKH mummies here?

Hi Alicialimsc, my #1 is 21 mths old. Kinda stressed thinking how to cope with pregnancy & caring for her now

Hi Eeznyl :)

babygaga, glad you managed to find out the cause! is it placenta previa? it may move up as pregnancy progresses. i remember mine was low (not covering cervix though) for my #1. after that it moved up during 2nd tri.

neveda, you may not be 6 weeks yet so can't detect heartbeat yet. did you gynae use the abdominal scan or v-scan? how come will need to do amnio test.

Hi hi
First time mum here.Currently 7 wks pregnant and has booked an appointment to see dr June tan from kkh...appt date so far I only get to see her on 31st oct.In the meantime I seeing my private gynae from Tmc .Everything seems progressing well at this point of time.

Starrymommy, yes it's placenta previa. Hopefully mine will also move up. Have been so relieve and happy that my appetite came back today! Have lost 3kg over the past 3 weeks due to ms. Today finally ate a bit more :p

Congrats to all the new mummies here!

Starrymommy, yes it's placenta previa. Hopefully mine will also move up. Have been so relieve and happy that my appetite came back today! Have lost 3kg over the past 3 weeks due to ms. Today finally ate a bit more :p

Congrats to all the new mummies here!
Good to hear all is good babygaga...take care and eat more!

Hi starry mommy, i shld have an indication whether i can stay on in this group by next week.
Anyone hit week 6 and no heartbeat yet?
Even if I clear this, there'll be either cvs and amnio down the road. :(
Im with Dr June Tan at KKH, any KKH mummies here?

Hi Alicialimsc, my #1 is 21 mths old. Kinda stressed thinking how to cope with pregnancy & caring for her now

Hi Eeznyl :)
I had a similar experience just this week. Went for scan on Monday could not detect heartbeat, doc said just sac and yolk at 6 weeks. Then on Wednesday I went to see my gynae again cos I had slight spotting and they did another scan to make sure no bleeding and we saw flickers of heartbeat though it was quite faint...so stay positive and don't worry too much!

Back