Support group - Miscarriages

Thanks for the reply.

I was given antiobotics and painkiller medicine after d/c.

Upon my 2nd checkup, I am now on Quantum medicine. Awaiting for next checkup on 11st oct..

Anybody taking quantum medicine after completing antibiotic? Wondering what it's good for.

Thanks for the reply.

I was given antiobotics and painkiller medicine after d/c.

Upon my 2nd checkup, I am now on Quantum medicine. Awaiting for next checkup on 11st oct..

Anybody taking quantum medicine after completing antibiotic? Wondering what it's good for.
Hi,
I'm not sure. I was given antibiotics only after d&c.
Yr reporting menses could also be determind by yr regular period. For my case, I'm usually 29 days. So 4 weeks after D&C is normal for me.

Hi,
I'm not sure. I was given antibiotics only after d&c.
Yr reporting menses could also be determind by yr regular period. For my case, I'm usually 29 days. So 4 weeks after D&C is normal for me.

My d&c is done on 1st sept. I will wait for my period to come on around the end of this month... *finger cross* I sometimes tend to worry and desire to try sooner..

Hi, How long after a miscarriage did you TTC again? It is difficult to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
I have a miscarriage in Aug last year, TTC in Feb this year. Till now still no news. Every month when my menes comes,feel so disappointing.

Hi, How long after a miscarriage did you TTC again? It is difficult to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
I have a miscarriage in Aug last year, TTC in Feb this year. Till now still no news. Every month when my menes comes,feel so disappointing.

Hi Hi,

Don't feel disappointed. It will come. My first m/c and 2nd m/c was within a year which means I was pregnant the 2nd time within a year. It takes time. So don't worry.

My first mc was aug 12 and second mc was Dec 12. Then from then I never bfp again. Bleh.
So it really depends on how ready you are to ttc and also God's will to gift us a baby.

My d&c is done on 1st sept. I will wait for my period to come on around the end of this month... *finger cross* I sometimes tend to worry and desire to try sooner..

Hi hi,

I have the same feeling as well. I only got the "green" light from my gynea after 6 months.... Long wait....
Hi Sok Koon,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your 2nd M/C. Hope your one will come soon too.

I am okie now. I am now looking forward for my menses to come.... Then can start trying lor.... Haha!

Hi Eileen, may I know which doc is going to do the surgery for u? As I'm going to do the surgery soon in Oct.
Mine is also 'open cut' surgery instead of keyhole and the reason is the same like urs.

My first mc was aug 12 and second mc was Dec 12. Then from then I never bfp again. Bleh.
So it really depends on how ready you are to ttc and also God's will to gift us a baby.

Redvel did you try any other alternative or just faithfully continue ttc? My gynae say try frozen 2 to 3 mths later after dnc if still no news. Say chances will be high. Most pple say the most fertile is 6mths after dnc...

Hi Hi,

Don't feel disappointed. It will come. My first m/c and 2nd m/c was within a year which means I was pregnant the 2nd time within a year. It takes time. So don't worry.

Chew, you are so encouraging and positive. Not sure how you do that haha. I am quite impatient kind.

Redvel did you try any other alternative or just faithfully continue ttc? My gynae say try frozen 2 to 3 mths later after dnc if still no news. Say chances will be high. Most pple say the most fertile is 6mths after dnc...
I wasn't into ART back then. Just took things easy. Only this yr May then embarked on ivf.

I am okie now. I am now looking forward for my menses to come.... Then can start trying lor.... Haha!

[/QUOTE]

Sook koon, oh you mean 2nd m/c not long ago only..... That time I went to see tcm, she my womb and body too weak cant ttc fot at least 6 mths. Did you go and see tcm? I ever saw a article recently, an Ang mo had m/c for 3 times. Her friend recommended her to go tcm. Which she did. After that she was preg again, she continue seeing that tcm through out her pregnancy,and she had give birth to a healthy bb.

Hi Eileen, may I know which doc is going to do the surgery for u? As I'm going to do the surgery soon in Oct.
Mine is also 'open cut' surgery instead of keyhole and the reason is the same like urs.
John Tee at KKH.. mine is next week.. getting more and more nervous... hope everything turn out well.. quite worry on the post surgery recovery.. who will be doing for u?

Chew, you are so encouraging and positive. Not sure how you do that haha. I am quite impatient kind.

It took me a while also to recover also. I remember back in June (2 months after my DnC) when gynae told me I have polyp and ANA.... I was so frustrated with myself .... Then I start to feel that my hubby wasn't supporting me enough.... then work won't feeling smooth.... That was when I told myself - "THAT IS IT! I dun like the current self, always complaining, always feel that the world is unfair to me".... Slowly I let it go lor..... Life has to go on and must go

Sook koon, oh you mean 2nd m/c not long ago only..... That time I went to see tcm, she my womb and body too weak cant ttc fot at least 6 mths. Did you go and see tcm? I ever saw a article recently, an Ang mo had m/c for 3 times. Her friend recommended her to go tcm. Which she did. After that she was preg again, she continue seeing that tcm through out her pregnancy,and she had give birth to a healthy bb.[/QUOTE]

Halo surelylook09,

My 2nd m/c was in April. Yes, I did go to TCM after my DnC to "tiao" my body back. But I stopped because after 2 months, the doc found polyp in the uterus, therefore my TCM recommended me to stop the medicine and do the surgery... I therefore did my surgery in July and waited till gynea to give me the green light. I will be going down to TCM again this Sun since we are going to start trying soon. *fingers cross*.

John Tee at KKH.. mine is next week.. getting more and more nervous... hope everything turn out well.. quite worry on the post surgery recovery.. who will be doing for u?

Hi Eileen, wish you all the best. Just remember dun eat cold food after surgery and rest more.

Hi Eileen, mine is John Tee too. Did he give u jab or medicine to shrink the fibroids first before the surgery? I'm nervous too though mine will b doing on Oct. I got mc on 4/9, so he advised me to remove it before plan for future pregnancy.

Sorry, I must have mistaken this. You gals are talking about fibroid removal? My surgery with Dr Tee was D&C.
I do have fibroids but they are 1cm size so doc doesnt think it has any effect.

Can I know what size are your fibroids? Thanks.

Hi Eileen, mine is John Tee too. Did he give u jab or medicine to shrink the fibroids first before the surgery? I'm nervous too though mine will b doing on Oct. I got mc on 4/9, so he advised me to remove it before plan for future pregnancy.
No he didnt leh.. what is the size of urs? Did he give u jab? Me too he also advice me to remove before trying again..

Sorry, I must have mistaken this. You gals are talking about fibroid removal? My surgery with Dr Tee was D&C.
I do have fibroids but they are 1cm size so doc doesnt think it has any effect.

Can I know what size are your fibroids? Thanks.
I having 3.. one 5 cm.. one 3cm and the other one is 1cm...

Is there any other test he ask u to do b4 the surgery? I will be going for a blood test 2 days before the surgery..

No he didn't ask me to do any test, that's why I'm checking with u. I haven't book the surgery date yet, now going down to KKH to make appt and also wanna ask his nurse a few question la. I called them but never revert call to me :(

Ha I read from other forum maybe it's oversea one, the doc will give them jab 2-3mth before surgery to shrink the fibroids. Maybe they didn't practice this in sg. I have 7 fibroids. The biggest is 4.8cm, 1.9cm and the rest r small one. He said my biggest one located at the place where the bb usually implant there, so advised me to remove. My previous 2 gynae asked me not to remove just try to conceive first.

Ha I read from other forum maybe it's oversea one, the doc will give them jab 2-3mth before surgery to shrink the fibroids. Maybe they didn't practice this in sg. I have 7 fibroids. The biggest is 4.8cm, 1.9cm and the rest r small one. He said my biggest one located at the place where the bb usually implant there, so advised me to remove. My previous 2 gynae asked me not to remove just try to conceive first.
He told me mine is intramural.. ya i read online jab are given maybe those are of bigger size.. my gynae ask to monitor for 3 mth.. but i din wan to wait.. my first pregnancy end at week 17 when the heartbeat stop.. induce and d&e in july... although my gynae mention that this miscarriage is not cause by these fibroid... but thru out the pregnancy i keep having spotting and bleeding which scare the hell of me everything.. that y seek second opinion and dr tee advice to remove b4 ttc again..

Ya my first gynae did told me that pregnancy with fibroids will experience bleeding from time to time then u have to always go back to gynae when bleeding happened. I don't want to have this complication for future pregnancy, so determine to remove it

What my gynae advised is that..once i remove the fibs have to wait for a few mths for its scarring to heal. For me my fibs not at the critical areas...so he decided not to remove when i did keyhole ops. I also think its better to clear them before pregnancy. Just in case of complication.

Hi, I jus found out that my pregnancy failed at 8 weeks....and thinking of doing a medical or surgical termination... Can anyone advise?

Also, does anyone do a mini confinement after that? How to do mini confinement?

Sorry you had to share this news.

Did doc share with you the pros/cons of the options? For me I was 13 weeks so I wasnt given a choice (had to do d&c). 2nd MC was natural passing out (no pills needed)... However I do know that if you take pills to let sac pass out, the risk is not passing out cleanly and a D&C will be needed. But if one opts for D&C, at least sort of clears everything at one go. And also I think you would need to address the emotional part (and discuss with your hubby). Both methods are quite different... and the emotional baggage at that point can be quite different too.

For my first MC I did a full 4 weeks confinement. 2nd MC less than 2 weeks, because I merely got lazy. My MIL and relative made all the confinement food and drinks for me. Also prepared the herbal bath. Will be great if someone can cook for you. If not, can order confinement tingkat. I believe they can do 2 weeks. The herbal bath packs can be purchased from tcm halls.

Btw I remember you mentioned you had cyst. Will you be considering a further opinion on that?

Hi, I jus found out that my pregnancy failed at 8 weeks....and thinking of doing a medical or surgical termination... Can anyone advise?

Tsf, stay strong!!hugs

My MC is at 9th wk. I have a choice for d&c or wait for natural pass out. I felt the emotional part on waiting for the sac to pass out is too torturing for me therefore decided on d&c right away.

Mini confinement, my mil n mum take turns to cook during my 2wks mc. I continued another 2wks by bringing the confinement food for lunch. I also do simple cooking of confinement food myself. Just add lots of ginger and rice wine. Also buy those herbal bath bags from medical hall for hot showers during the 2weeks.

Sorry you had to share this news.

Did doc share with you the pros/cons of the options? For me I was 13 weeks so I wasnt given a choice (had to do d&c). 2nd MC was natural passing out (no pills needed)... However I do know that if you take pills to let sac pass out, the risk is not passing out cleanly and a D&C will be needed. But if one opts for D&C, at least sort of clears everything at one go. And also I think you would need to address the emotional part (and discuss with your hubby). Both methods are quite different... and the emotional baggage at that point can be quite different too.

For my first MC I did a full 4 weeks confinement. 2nd MC less than 2 weeks, because I merely got lazy. My MIL and relative made all the confinement food and drinks for me. Also prepared the herbal bath. Will be great if someone can cook for you. If not, can order confinement tingkat. I believe they can do 2 weeks. The herbal bath packs can be purchased from tcm halls.

Btw I remember you mentioned you had cyst. Will you be considering a further opinion on that?

Redvel, at 13wks still can perform d&c? I always thought by 12wks must induce .

He said d&c and so I went with the flow. I told him I would like to do the surgery as soon as possible. Wanted the chapter to end quick.

I seeked dr Loh opinion tdy, but he did nt recommend which is better as both has pros and cons. He did say D&C may cause adhesion which is what I'm worried abt. The decision is up to my DH and I.

Can I ask:
How is the procedure like? Need to stay in hospital?
How many days of HL is given after that?
How much is a D&C procedure? Any idea if dr tan hh skillful with this?
What's the med for bathing called? Cannot bathe normally??
No experience with confinement... Any recipes to share?

Fast the night before. Before leaving home, take the pill doc gives you which will help you slowly dilate your cervix (some people cry pain but for me it was just like a very mild af cramp). The procedure is under GA. Day surgery. I was told to arrive at 730am. With all the administration and waiting and recovery time, I was ready to leave near noon. 7 days HL. Not sure if THH will do things differently. This is based on what I went through.

I think it was 2-3k. But pretty much covered by medisave.

Not sure of the name but just ask for herbal bath for confinement and the tcm hall will know.

Actually confinement is up to individual. I have a gf who doesn't believe in it and she looks healthy and have no problem popping 2nd child.

But i feel for me i will do it all the way (food and bath) because i see the effect it has on me on my first and 2nd mc confinement. First one I was diligent. 2nd one i did half past 6. I wasn't feeling well during the 2nd confinement since I cheated. Maybe that's why I couldn't bfp after my 2nd mc. Just maybe.

So I guess it's up to you on your belief la. Although I feel if wanna do a confinement, should do it properly with the bath too.

Food wise I just eat only :p Hope the other ladies can share some recipes.

Thabks
Fast the night before. Before leaving home, take the pill doc gives you which will help you slowly dilate your cervix (some people cry pain but for me it was just like a very mild af cramp). The procedure is under GA. Day surgery. I was told to arrive at 730am. With all the administration and waiting and recovery time, I was ready to leave near noon. 7 days HL. Not sure if THH will do things differently. This is based on what I went through.

I think it was 2-3k. But pretty much covered by medisave.

Not sure of the name but just ask for herbal bath for confinement and the tcm hall will know.

Actually confinement is up to individual. I have a gf who doesn't believe in it and she looks healthy and have no problem popping 2nd child.

But i feel for me i will do it all the way (food and bath) because i see the effect it has on me on my first and 2nd mc confinement. First one I was diligent. 2nd one i did half past 6. I wasn't feeling well during the 2nd confinement since I cheated. Maybe that's why I couldn't bfp after my 2nd mc. Just maybe.

So I guess it's up to you on your belief la. Although I feel if wanna do a confinement, should do it properly with the bath too.

Food wise I just eat only :p Hope the other ladies can share some recipes.
thanks for yr reply. How long after D&C then can try Ivf again? When did AF resume to normal?

Tsf0205 my d&c was in 2012. I wasn't on ivf till this year. So do check with your doc or other ladies may help enlighten. My af came about 4-5 weeks later.

After d&c you'll be scheduled to do post review. My doc said all is cleared nicely. Don't think he could check for scarring at that point. Anyway my scans this year say my womb is ok.

Thanks god harmony test is back n is low risk. Really scare die me.
Hehe I am expecting bb girl.
Did detailed scan today at 18 weeks will do another detailed scan at 22 weeks at nuh. Next week need to go nuh do the scan cos gynae want to get 2nd opinion as there is one thing he want to make sure. Fingers crossed it is not what gynae mentioning wire that requiring to do key hole surgery as it got the risk of miscarriage. Fingers crossed :)

Hi, sorry to hear about your loss.

I did my Dnc on week 8 as well this year. Heartbeat stoppped. I did mini confinement. Similar to what the ladies has shared. Eat confinement food with lots of ginger and sasemse oil. Drink red date logan and bath with herbal pack. Avoid all cold and cooling food.

You also need to take your time to recover emotionally. So just talk and vent out anyone you trust or in this forum anytime. Ladies are all very supportive. Hope you get well soon.

Actually as long as your recovery is normal, you can consider ivf 3mths later. My gynae advised frozen 2mths later but i am not ready yet. Frozen is less stressful...fresh cycle will have alot of stimulation jabs. You need to be emotionally stable. Dont rush.

For d&c, my gynae is so confident. He never mentioned much side effects. Infact, i heard some ladies will do d&c as one of the fertility treatment. Think should be safe. My gf told me her cramp for natural miscarriage is quite painful. Actually miscarriage is painful enough so same like redvel, i just want to end the episode and move on fast.

Thanks god harmony test is back n is low risk. Really scare die me.
Hehe I am expecting bb girl.
Did detailed scan today at 18 weeks will do another detailed scan at 22 weeks at nuh. Next week need to go nuh do the scan cos gynae want to get 2nd opinion as there is one thing he want to make sure. Fingers crossed it is not what gynae mentioning wire that requiring to do key hole surgery as it got the risk of miscarriage. Fingers crossed :)

Congrats! Hope everything smooth for u. Harmony test is the new thing? My gf also told me she did this. It replaced oscar?

Congrats! Hope everything smooth for u. Harmony test is the new thing? My gf also told me she did this. It replaced oscar?
Yup fingers crossed here. Try not to think of it also. Prof said no choice need to tell me what he c even he know I'll worry for that.
Err usually ppl will do oscar cos cheaper harmony we paid $1200 b4 gst as it send to US. That time my oscar is intermediate risk so gynae asked to proceed to harmony test which is more accurate. From my experience if in future ur gynae ask to do oscar u shld ask for harmony test instead cos accuracy will be 80% vs 95% n if do both will be paying more.

Actually as long as your recovery is normal, you can consider ivf 3mths later. My gynae advised frozen 2mths later but i am not ready yet. Frozen is less stressful...fresh cycle will have alot of stimulation jabs. You need to be emotionally stable. Dont rush.

For d&c, my gynae is so confident. He never mentioned much side effects. Infact, i heard some ladies will do d&c as one of the fertility treatment. Think should be safe. My gf told me her cramp for natural miscarriage is quite painful. Actually miscarriage is painful enough so same like redvel, i just want to end the episode and move on fast.
Hi, yr doc who did D&C for u is?

Is dr tan hh skills good in D&C?

Mangoyoyo I did find out a bit on harmony test last time. It doesn't replace Oscar. Relatively new in SG (few years). I did Oscar before.

Personally I don't like Oscar as it's just a probability. How do we judge a ratio? But for harmony, it's basically a Yes or No (no means in a nutshell the baby is healthy) result. Plus can find out gender at the same time.

For ladies who are older, I suggest skip Oscar and straight to harmony. Oscar is for ladies who are on low risk.

Tsf0205 can i ask are you on natural or medicated mc?

Just to share my experience on natural mc :
I was out at work and i felt a sudden very sharp pain at my back. Just one strike. Was a bad pain and went to toilet to check and i started spotting. Backpain attack is one sign of mc process.

I decided to go home to rest. Nothing much happened except for the spotting turned into light bleeding for maybe 2-3 days. It finally happened when I was walking home one night and I felt something gushed out from below. Home to check and the sac had been dispelled. That night, I only felt mild cramping. Nothing disturbing.

Everyone is different but I have a feeling your mc is happening. For how many days it will go on really depends.

tsf
I think most likely u are miscarrying. Hugs ! It may get darker and lead to red discharge with clots. Sometimes, the process takes only a dew days, some people drag on for weeks. No pain and no cramp, I feel its ok. Monitor for few days. If this carry on for too long then you may want to call your Dr and end it there and then. Otherwise, just wait it out. Your normal cycle will resume in 4-6 weeks after this episode.

Back