Renewal of Filipino maid contract

simmama

Hi, need advise... can I renew my helper's contact who is a Filipino without going through an agency? Thanks

Last edited:

Hi All
My helper juz told me that her friend's employer did for her friend renewal.
You may want to go into the Philippines Embassy website and print out some of the forms.
Work permit renewal can be done vie Singpass.
You also need to buy insurance and security bond from the insurance company.

Btw, I will be doing my helper's renewal in Oct 2014.

Any idea which agency charged e cheapest home leave n insurance n air tickets? My maid gtg bk in aug but work permit expire in jul. So renewal will be done in jul.

movenpick

You should receive the work permit (wp) renewal by end May if not early June.
My agency is charging me very high.. cos they know that my helper doesn want to change employer.
Otherwise she can earn her 4months salary again.

My helper wp will be expiring in end Oct but she is only returning home in mid Dec.
You can buy the air ticket from Jet Star.. guess your air ticket will be cheaper as compare to mine as it is during non festive season.

Hi All,

I suggest all of you to DIY cos it will be alot cheaper than going to the agency. At first, tot of going to the agency to do it as they quote me $350 to do the renewal. But after getting the letter from MOM, call them and they say $350 for renewal, Home Leave another $300 plus and Passport Renewal Another $300 Plus. So I decided to DIY and now in the process.

My scenario - maid Passport (1yrs 4mths), WP expired early July.

Try calling Phillippine Embassy and finnaly got thru on the 3rd day (best time to call 9am - 10am).
Told them want to extend the passport as want to renew WP but dun have 2 yrs and the earliest appt time is end July which is to late. Told to book appt online first and call back later. Proceed to book appt and call back and they change to yesterday (20 May) and told to bring old employment contract and filled up the passport renewal form.

At the same time call MOM. MOM gave below options.
1. Renew based on old passport but WP will be 1 mths b4 passport expired.
2. 2 wks b4 WP expired, submit a request for special pass online and they will issue a SP first until FDW get new passport but FDW cannot go back on Home Leave with the SP.

Also call Insurance agency to buy the insurance, security bond and performance bond (approx. $400).

Last edited:
Cont...

Wife went down to Embassy yesterday. Proceed to entrance with passport renewal letter. Went to the counter, was to not able to renew as no employment contract. Wife call, so told her to show the old employment contract. Wife show to Embassy but was rejected, told the employment contract that we sign and given to us is not what they want. It shld look like a certificate (I think all the agency did not gave us). Lucky the Embassy ppl is very gd, told my wife to go back to entrance and take queue no for the emplyment contract verification (Luckily I have prepared all the documents for her b4 hand which can be downloaded from the Embassy website) and told to do the Passport renewal (Embassy ppl leave a note on the passport renewal form) 3 days later when it time to collect the verified employment contract.

Wife proceed to do the employment contract. Encounter problem again. Embassy ppl asking for the the required documents. See below links.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/hsw/employment-docs/

Luckily, the Embassy ppl again allowed my wife to do the verification as I did to print out the insurance and the performance bond cert. She told them already bought (truth) but did not bring.

Will update after doing the passport renewal this friday.

Hopefully this help all of you.

Actually ur can do it yourself.
Pm me if ur need any help. Previously I work at maid agency before. Maybe I able to help your.

However if we do on our own, need to invest time. Usually we do not have e luxury of time. Heard we have to queue a few days n e process is rather complicated. Maybe u can correct my misgivings?

Hi movenpick, actually not that much time is need. Half a day for the employment contract and half a day to collect the contract and at the same time do renewal of passport.

Update.
I have collect the verified employment contract today and do the renewal of the passport but the collection of the passport is 2 mths later. My maid WP is b4 the collection date and need to pay $35 for the extension of the passport if u want. IF dun want, the Embassy will issue a letter say that the passport have been renew and u can apply for the Special pass first and than the WP after you have collect the passport. Or you pay for the extension so that it is more than 2 years and you can skip the Special Pass step.

Kenny
Thanks for sharing.
Correct me if I m wrong. I hv to wait for a MOM letter to renew my maid's WP b4 going down to e embassy and also purchase e insurance? Thanks

Kenny
Thanks for sharing.
Correct me if I m wrong. I hv to wait for a MOM letter to renew my maid's WP b4 going down to e embassy and also purchase e insurance? Thanks
Simmama, u can start look for insurance agency le. Different agency different price.

Sinmama,
First, u need to buy the insurance b4 u can start to do anything..I dun think u need to wait for the Mom letter to buy but the insurance agent will ask for it so that they can transmit it to MOM directly and u can do the renewal of the WP online the next day. That what agent told me.
Second, rem to buy the additional Performance Bond beside the medical and security bond. When u first employ your maid, u dun need this but when u renew, the Embassy need it.
Third, if u wait for the MOM letter by post, normally it will be between 6 to 8 wks. But exactly 8wks b4, u can go to WP online, login using emplyer singpass, go to renewal and print out the letter.
Hope this clarify.

Sinmama,
First, u need to buy the insurance b4 u can start to do anything..I dun think u need to wait for the Mom letter to buy but the insurance agent will ask for it so that they can transmit it to MOM directly and u can do the renewal of the WP online the next day. That what agent told me.
Second, rem to buy the additional Performance Bond beside the medical and security bond. When u first employ your maid, u dun need this but when u renew, the Embassy need it.
Third, if u wait for the MOM letter by post, normally it will be between 6 to 8 wks. But exactly 8wks b4, u can go to WP online, login using emplyer singpass, go to renewal and print out the letter.
Hope this clarify.
KennyN, well done. All very clear.

Hi Kenny, my maid wp exp mid jul 14 n passport exp jul 16, n she gtg bk mid aug. So i just need to buy home leave, air ticket, insurance n renew wp. For insurance, do u buy with e 5k runaway bond? I didnt kn abt e performance bond. Wat's tat for?

Any cheap lobang for hm leave?

Wat is tis employment contract? Same as home leave?

Movenpick
First, u can dun need to renew the passport but your WP expiry will be 1 mth b4 the passport expiry. So your WP expiry will be Jun 16.
Next,.for insurance, u need to buy medical, 5k security bond (MOM requirement) & 7k performance bond (Philippine Embassy requirement).
once you got the insurance cert, photocopy. U need to submit to Embassy for employment contract verification.
As for home leave, DIY is the cheapest. Go to the Embassy website to book an appt. Prepared all the documents listed in their website.
Employment contract is between u n maids. It is different from home leave. But u need to do the employment contract first b4 u can apply for home leave

KennyN
Does my maid need to be at the Embassy also?
So just print out the employment contract in the Philippines website let our maid sign and pass to the embassy for verification?

Just for info: Employers can purchase 2 years multiple entries OWA (incase your maid want to go back on a yearly basis)

Sinmama
Yes. U need to print out the OWWA form also for renewal of the employment contract. Bring your maid along and all the documents required.
As for multiple entries, I'm not too sure cos I have not do the OEC yet. My maid will be going back only in Dec.

How many days of leave do i need to take to settle wp, home leave, insurance etc? For home leave, just print all e docs stated there in e website? Is e queue very long? Heard queue for new wp is very long, so muz go keppel before 8am. Is tis true?

How many days of leave do i need to take to settle wp, home leave, insurance etc? For home leave, just print all e docs stated there in e website? Is e queue very long? Heard queue for new wp is very long, so muz go keppel before 8am. Is tis true?

Hi may I know how do we get the verified maid's contract? Does the embassy has a minimum requirement for the maid's salary?

Hi,
My maid wp expiring in dec this year and her passport expiring sep 2015. If she renew contract, do i need to renew her passport before renewal of contract?

Hi Smurfy

As long as the passport is valid for more than 6mths, your helper can renew her contract.
Try to renew the passport in their home country, as it is much cheaper over there.

Hi Smurfy,
Scenario 1,
U don't need to renew the passport, But the WP issue to u will be 1 mth b4 the passport expiry. So it will be expired in Aug for your case. Than u need to renew the WP again. For passport renew, it can take up to 3 mths.
Scenario 2,
In my case (same as your), u can go renew the passport first. Than renew the WP, So that the WP will be 2 yrs.
If u need advice just let me know, I have done her home leave last wk.

I suggest u DIY as it will be very cost effective. The renew just cost me less than $200 excluding passport renew (paid by maid) and u need to take around 3 half day.

Hi Kenny

Did you get this for your helper?
"PAG-IBIG Official Receipt or payment contribution of Sg$5.50 for the current month"
Pls advise.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I had followed below link closely when I renew my maid's passport, contract & WP 2 years ago. Done successfully.. except for the 1st appointment at embassy (to do passport) as you need to book online at least 1 month in advance. Luckily, when my maid went to do her contract verification, they allow her to do the passport as well... as it was a weekday and she was there in the late afternoon.. not much queue.. total cost also highlighted in the link, though fees may be higher now since it was from 2012.

http://bringmethere.net/2012/05/how-to-apply-for-filipino-maid-home-leave-diy/

Hope this is useful.

Hi Kenny
I juz started my process, booked an appointment on 30 Sep for OEC.
Also juz recveived medical check-up form for my helper recently.

Hi Kenny

I read miztylady post. Did you get PAG-IBIG from Lucky Plaza? Can provide the address?
Can we as employer go down ourselves together w their WP n passport?
Also, who is liable to pay for this PAG-OBIG? Employer or helper?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated:)

Dear All SIN employers,
I have managed to get the PAG-IBIG done at Lucky Plaza.
Address: Classified Resources (#02-45 Lucky Plazy) near to the Bata shop. Open: 11.30am till 7pm daily. (weekdays are less crowded)
1mth contribution is S$7.50 and you have to bring the receipt when you apply for OEC.
Please bring the Work Permit card and cash. (max. contribution is only 3mths at one time)
Also to note that all domestic helpers MUST have PAG-IBIG when they depart Philippines as the personnel told me they check randomly at the airport.
If your helpers do have this thingy, they are required to pay a year of contribution b4 departure for SIN.

My next step is to apply my helper WP and get her insurance done.
Will update again.

Hope everything will be smooth:)

Juz for Sharing.....

Last edited:
Juz received a notification from the insurance company that my helper's insurance and performance bond have been approved validity for 26mths.
Insurance co will also forward the approval to MOM for the WP. Total amt payable: S$360.
Requested the hard copies to my home, therefore enough time for my WP renewal on 5 Nov and OEC on 30 Sept.

Will update again.

Hope everything will be smooth:)

Juz for Sharing.....

Hi all,

Very glad to found this thread and this is my first posting. I have just make an appointment through Philippines' Embassy online system for renewal of passport for my helper. However, I have a couple of doubts and appreciate if you could share with me your experiences.

1) Are the documents below sufficient for renewal of passport?

2) For Standard Employment Contract, I have the original Certificate of Authentication from the old contract but in 2011, can that still be used or needed a new contract?

3) I extended my helper contract last year Aug but was told by Agency that need not draft a new contract. Will that caused an issue to renew her passport?

B. Name Hire

Balik Manggagawa (Passport Renewal / Regularization / Transfer / Homeleave
(FDW who has served continuously for at least 2 years with the same employer)

• Original copy of S$7,000.00 performance bond
  • OWWA
  • 2 original copies duly signed Standard Employment Contract
  • 2 copies of Undertaking of an Employer
  • 2 copies of worker’s work permit (3 copies if passport)
  • 1 copy of medical insurance
  • 1 copy of employer’s IC
Fees

• Authentication of Contract - $ 42.50
  • Verification of Contract – S$17.00
  • OWWA Membership – S$42.00
  • Overseas Employment Certificate – S$3.00
  • Pag-IBIG Monthly Contribution – S$5.50
  • Total - $110.00

Hi gkhor,

For passport renewal (DIY), you need the official employment contract that you found on the embassy website. Those that you have in 2011 can't be use and when u renew your helper contract thru agency, you shld ask from them.
So, if you want to DIY, you need to download and fill in the forms stated. Then go down to the embassy before the passport renewal appt date/time and get the contract verify first.
Without the verify contract, you won't be able to renew the passport.

Thks KennyN! Can I just walk in to the embassy for contract verification? Do I need to go down personally with my helper or she can do it so long it is duly signed?

U can walk in to the embassy, dont need to make appt. But u must go down personally (if your helper is under your name) with your helper.

Back