(2014/08) August 2014

That's a lot.. mine at most 140 ml after 30 mins, I can't store any as every time I pump my bb cry n I've to stop to latch n when she fuss I know no milk from my breast then take from pump to feed. Your milk is good for feeding n some storage.
If you want to try to up your supply, you can try taking some booster? See what works for you.. I'm drinking meiji chocolate milk, occasionally taking avocado milkshakes, durian mooncakes. Not sure which works but I take them because I love it! Haha..

Hihi!

I am also a silent reader of this thread, just gave birth to my gal about 6 weeks ago :)

Can I find out from fellow mummies if your LOs got terrible evening to night cries that are difficult to settle? I facing this problem, and every evening is very tormenting for us. Also, do your LOs make a lot of noises at night eg. kicking her legs, trying to get her arm out of the swaddle, making small noises here and there.....even though she wakes up about 3 - 3.5 hourly for her feeds, but these noises are making us difficult to fall back to sleep... :(
My girl (5 weeks old) is like that too. We put her in Yao Lan and she sleeps better although she is still making funny noises at night but not so frequent as compared putting her in the cot.

my boy is 7+W now & feeds 100-120ml each time every 2hr round the clock. can't even stretch him more than 2h else he'll tear the hse down. think he's at least 5+kg now. wants to be carried all the time too. arms & back super achy.

I do total pumping no latch. 4 hourly for 15min can get about 200ml (supply dropped compared to first month). LO drinks about 120 to 140 per 3 hourly feed. He usually cries on the 2 hours mark and I coax him till the 3rd hour is past then feed him otherwise he can only drink around 80 to 100ml. Night time at around 12 plus I feed him one last round for 140ml to 150ml and he sleeps through the night (still training him to be consistent) and also do one last pumping before waking at 7am. Btw my LO is 1 month plus and he weights around 5kg (birth weight 3.8kg).
Hi mummy is it better to feed throu bottle? I tried.. my baby sleeps longer after feeds but since I'm on maternity I latch her on demand to get more supply as well. As my supply was bad initially only 50ml now that kept latching at least I can get 100 ml at least.

My bb at birth is 2.5kg and now at 7 weeks. She is 4.7kg. Was glad that she is able to put on weight well as I was super upset when u deliver her at week 37 and she was so light.

She is also on 3 hrs at night. We only feed when she demand. Otherwise we will just let her sleep.
Hi Shirleyten mummy.. Ur Lil one on total breast milk?

If you want to try to up your supply, you can try taking some booster? See what works for you.. I'm drinking meiji chocolate milk, occasionally taking avocado milkshakes, durian mooncakes. Not sure which works but I take them because I love it! Haha..
Hi tiffy mummy.. thanks for ur suggestions I do take avocado milk from fruit stall.. heard of all kinds of milk booster but didn't really try maybe being happy makes milk more? I

Only Yao Lan at night. In the day, my mil will try to sleep her on the tummy as we realise she sleeps longer in that position.

Icic...I think the yao lan really works like wonder for us too. Earlier on, we had to carry her almost every minute during the day else she cannot fall asleep on her own (and we were so worried that she isnt getting enough sleep) even though she looks soo tired. To an extent, she didnt even allow us to sit down when carrying her and we have to keep walking or standing. My arms were almost like falling off. Then in the end, no choice, went to get a motorised yao lan and she at least manage to grab some rest in the daytime. But nighttime, haha...we still put her to her cotbed but urgh she loves making lots of sounds.....and whoever is on night duty really can't get much rest!

We cant cope with her evening to night unconsolable cries, really not sure if it is colic or wind, or both....even when my hubby is with me at home, we can't cope...whatever we do to try to calm her down also dont seem to work....so now, we got the confinement nanny to come back to help us tide over this period (hopefully she can outgrow this phase soon) and see whether it improves with time before we can cope with it ourselves....

Sometimes i wonder is it my gal's tantrum no good or is it normal for babies to be like that..

Hihi!

I am also a silent reader of this thread, just gave birth to my gal about 6 weeks ago :)

Can I find out from fellow mummies if your LOs got terrible evening to night cries that are difficult to settle? I facing this problem, and every evening is very tormenting for us. Also, do your LOs make a lot of noises at night eg. kicking her legs, trying to get her arm out of the swaddle, making small noises here and there.....even though she wakes up about 3 - 3.5 hourly for her feeds, but these noises are making us difficult to fall back to sleep... :(

My LO also make alot of noise in her sleep at night,esp 5am till morning..
I wonder, then i google. I guess is Gas. They feeling uncomfortable.
I went pharmacy to buy ridwind. Immediately that night. She sleep well. No noise le..

my boy is 7+W now & feeds 100-120ml each time every 2hr round the clock. can't even stretch him more than 2h else he'll tear the hse down. think he's at least 5+kg now. wants to be carried all the time too. arms & back super achy.
My LO also starts crying on 2hr mark because on the first month we fed 2 hourly due to his stomach size. Now I give him pacifier to calm him down and stretch to 3 hours before I feed him. If he is asleep, I don't wake him till he make noise. Today he nap for 4 hours before crying for milk haha..ya LO is damn heavy now always want to be carried...I think my csect wound is abit painful since ytd :(

Hi mummy is it better to feed throu bottle? I tried.. my baby sleeps longer after feeds but since I'm on maternity I latch her on demand to get more supply as well. As my supply was bad initially only 50ml now that kept latching at least I can get 100 ml at least.
Don't think it is better but just that my boy doesn't want to latch. I think he got nipple confusion cause when I tried to latch him he cried badly like I am forcing him to latch...gave up on direct latch liao. Anyway consistent pumping can also increase supply.

My LO also make alot of noise in her sleep at night,esp 5am till morning..
I wonder, then i google. I guess is Gas. They feeling uncomfortable.
I went pharmacy to buy ridwind. Immediately that night. She sleep well. No noise le..
Is ridwind equivalent to gripe water? I wanna buy one to try also cause my LO like got gas or reflux...sometimes he gave the look like he is in pain or cannot breathe then he spit up abit of breastmilk....I am quite worry. Any mummy experiencing same problem?

Is ridwind equivalent to gripe water? I wanna buy one to try also cause my LO like got gas or reflux...sometimes he gave the look like he is in pain or cannot breathe then he spit up abit of breastmilk....I am quite worry. Any mummy experiencing same problem?

I went to see the PD about my gal's wind (or colic) problem and the doctor gave us probiotics and ridwind. After taking the ridwind, I find my LO easier to fart and burp more easily after feed, but seem still in pain whenever she got wind stucked....cos she will keep kicking her legs and when she fart successfully after the kick, can tell she more relaxed...but if she kick and kick and no fart comes out, she will cry :S I supposed the ridwind is definitely of help but like the wind forever cannot get rid off, haiz my poor gal... Also, she still makes those sounds at night even with ridwind after taking it for like a week already :( I really hope the night sounds will decrease with time as she grows......

Pochacco123, gripewater is different from ridwind, though i think the purpose is the same to reduce discomfort due to wind in tummy. The purpose of ridwind is to 'gather' the smaller air bubbles to become bigger so that they will be easier to be dispelled by the baby. But i heard elderlys like to give gripewater ('fei zai shui') to babies since last time, but I think for my LO, ridwind works better than gripewater.

I went to see the PD about my gal's wind (or colic) problem and the doctor gave us probiotics and ridwind. After taking the ridwind, I find my LO easier to fart and burp more easily after feed, but seem still in pain whenever she got wind stucked....cos she will keep kicking her legs and when she fart successfully after the kick, can tell she more relaxed...but if she kick and kick and no fart comes out, she will cry :S I supposed the ridwind is definitely of help but like the wind forever cannot get rid off, haiz my poor gal... Also, she still makes those sounds at night even with ridwind after taking it for like a week already :( I really hope the night sounds will decrease with time as she grows......

Pochacco123, gripewater is different from ridwind, though i think the purpose is the same to reduce discomfort due to wind in tummy. The purpose of ridwind is to 'gather' the smaller air bubbles to become bigger so that they will be easier to be dispelled by the baby. But i heard elderlys like to give gripewater ('fei zai shui') to babies since last time, but I think for my LO, ridwind works better than gripewater.
Guess many mummies face the noisy baby at night problem. Initially I thought only my bb is the special one. Her noise can sometimes be so loud that worries us. We tried ridwind too. I will advise to use ridwind for the last fed and apply ruyi oil to the tummy if bb's tummy is bloated with wind. It works for my bb. Still noisy at night but not so frequent.

Guess many mummies face the noisy baby at night problem. Initially I thought only my bb is the special one. Her noise can sometimes be so loud that worries us. We tried ridwind too. I will advise to use ridwind for the last fed and apply ruyi oil to the tummy if bb's tummy is bloated with wind. It works for my bb. Still noisy at night but not so frequent.
Ya my LO feels v agitated for no reason. I fed him and changed diaper liao he still keeps making noise and swinging his arms and legs...guess is colic problem...

Icic...I think the yao lan really works like wonder for us too. Earlier on, we had to carry her almost every minute during the day else she cannot fall asleep on her own (and we were so worried that she isnt getting enough sleep) even though she looks soo tired. To an extent, she didnt even allow us to sit down when carrying her and we have to keep walking or standing. My arms were almost like falling off. Then in the end, no choice, went to get a motorised yao lan and she at least manage to grab some rest in the daytime. But nighttime, haha...we still put her to her cotbed but urgh she loves making lots of sounds.....and whoever is on night duty really can't get much rest!

We cant cope with her evening to night unconsolable cries, really not sure if it is colic or wind, or both....even when my hubby is with me at home, we can't cope...whatever we do to try to calm her down also dont seem to work....so now, we got the confinement nanny to come back to help us tide over this period (hopefully she can outgrow this phase soon) and see whether it improves with time before we can cope with it ourselves....

Sometimes i wonder is it my gal's tantrum no good or is it normal for babies to be like that..

it's normal. both my boys r exactly the same. but ya, their temperament is the "I want means I want it NOW!" kind. I used a yaolan for my elder one under my mum's & MIL's insistence. sold it off when he was 7mths. trying to resist buying/using a yaolan for my younger one. it gets better when they r older, esp after start crawling & walking. so meanwhile juz hang on there! jiayou!

My LO also starts crying on 2hr mark because on the first month we fed 2 hourly due to his stomach size. Now I give him pacifier to calm him down and stretch to 3 hours before I feed him. If he is asleep, I don't wake him till he make noise. Today he nap for 4 hours before crying for milk haha..ya LO is damn heavy now always want to be carried...I think my csect wound is abit painful since ytd :(

I haven't try the pacifier yet. trying to resist giving bb the pacifier coz scared he don't want to latch after that (althou I already intro bottle after discharge from hospital). he will comfort latch between feeds & treat my boobs as pacifier.

it's normal for bb to feel very gassy/windy now. colic peaks ard 6wks & gets better after 3-4mths (it really does get better after 3-4mths!). meanwhile try using ridwind, ru yi oil, tummy massage & leg exercises to help bb expel the gas/wind.

both ridwind & gripe water helps to get rid of the gas/wind. both can be bought at pharmacy. but my PD advised that ridwind is better as "it's safer as production is controlled & tested".

My 4 week old boy's temperament is similar; he cries so hysterically until he is red in the face and starts coughing. I don't even have time to warm his milk so I'd have to latch him.

My CL is leaving this week and we'll be alone at home next week onwards. I am terrified!

Thanks for the assurance, was really worried why my LO is like always so unhappy and 'difficult'. I was describing to my hubby that every day is like a year to us, and much as we want to appreciate and enjoy her, we dont really have the mood to...and only hoping she will quickly grow out of this phase soon and become happy happy..

My 4 week old boy's temperament is similar; he cries so hysterically until he is red in the face and starts coughing. I don't even have time to warm his milk so I'd have to latch him.

My CL is leaving this week and we'll be alone at home next week onwards. I am terrified!
Jiayou! I am also taking care of my LO alone now. It is very scary initially and over time i become too tiring to feel scare. Everyday feels like zombie and react to LO's cry only lol...and my maternity leave seems to be passing quickly!! Omg!

The first week after CL left was horrible. So feeling extremely emotional is absolutely normal. I dunno break down how many time. The tiredness. . The cries. . The no other pair of hands to help u when u r so sore from head to toe.. the interrupted late nights.. early morning wakes.. bath feed burp sleep.. then time like fly.. feed burp sleep again. Lol.. takes awhile but we will survive! We r MOM now. We can do anything!

The first week after CL left was horrible. So feeling extremely emotional is absolutely normal. I dunno break down how many time. The tiredness. . The cries. . The no other pair of hands to help u when u r so sore from head to toe.. the interrupted late nights.. early morning wakes.. bath feed burp sleep.. then time like fly.. feed burp sleep again. Lol.. takes awhile but we will survive! We r MOM now. We can do anything!
Hahaha. I din have CL. So from the day i am discharged from the hospital, i am looking after LO on my own with my husband. I broke down 3 times and i cried myself to sleep 2 times due to the tiredness and stress. But, once i get the motion, i am getting use to it. His smiles make my day. Times passes so fast! He is growing so big now. Hahaha. Such time is very precious. Cherish it mummies! :)

Thats what I am feeling now.. relax abit.. dun need everyty perfect de. Lol.. my parents so scare I get into depression cos I called my hubby twice expecting him to come home immediately from work. I need to vent it somewhere so poor him. Thankfully he is understanding

Hey mummies,

Just wana share this with your..

Watch "Baby massage: Tummy" on YouTube - Baby massage: Tummy:

Work for my girl (I used ru yi oil) and aside feed half way blurp and continue feed and blurp baby again.. really helps my v.v.v.v.bloated LO stomach

in case some mummies r not aware, the ru yi oil cannot apply directly to ur bb's stomach.

put a small drop on ur palm, rub ur palms, then place ur palm on ur bb's stomach & gentle massage. then place another drop on ur palm, rub ur palms together, then rub on bb's soles.

Any mummies still direct latching?

How's your feeding interval/pattern like?

My boy's 5 weeks 1 day old today. Still wakes up in the nights for feeds. 2 hour interval between start of feeds. Is this normal? Seem to be feeding quite a bit. But he put on abt 1.7kg in the first month.

Any mummies still direct latching?

How's your feeding interval/pattern like?

My boy's 5 weeks 1 day old today. Still wakes up in the nights for feeds. 2 hour interval between start of feeds. Is this normal? Seem to be feeding quite a bit. But he put on abt 1.7kg in the first month.
I direct latch when we are out and in the night.. she feeds frequently too.. sometimes even hourly. She wasn't feeling that well these few days and noticed her distended tummy so brought her to the pd. Pd advised she's overfed and accumulating over time, tummy couldn't take it.. she advised to control feeding for the time being until her body clock is used to it. So now we decided to go with bottle feeding unless we are going out. She put on 1.6kg and she's 5 weeks 5 days now.

I direct latch when we are out and in the night.. she feeds frequently too.. sometimes even hourly. She wasn't feeling that well these few days and noticed her distended tummy so brought her to the pd. Pd advised she's overfed and accumulating over time, tummy couldn't take it.. she advised to control feeding for the time being until her body clock is used to it. So now we decided to go with bottle feeding unless we are going out. She put on 1.6kg and she's 5 weeks 5 days now.

Not feeling well like what symptoms?
He's been making grunting noises recently at night when lying down to sleep. When kept upright. No issues. Getting harder to burp also. But we do try and burp after each feed.

How do you control feeding if baby is hungry?

Not feeling well like what symptoms?
He's been making grunting noises recently at night when lying down to sleep. When kept upright. No issues. Getting harder to burp also. But we do try and burp after each feed.

How do you control feeding if baby is hungry?
My LO also cries or makwe noise when he is lying down. When I lift him up he goes quiet. I guess that is because of wind and make him feel like spitting up. I am giving my LO gripe water and rub ru yi oil on his tummy now after every diaper change.

If you can bear seeing you LO cries...feed him every 3 hr instead of 2. That is how I control his intake and timing. But of coz you need to feed more.

The first week after CL left was horrible.
I'm feeling very worried too. CL is leaving next week. The thought about how and whether I can manage the baby is already making me so stress and tears are dropping. I have not try bathing the baby yet. And my baby also need to feed every 3-4 hrs. I think instead of latching, i might just change to pumping milk out.

My LO also cries or makwe noise when he is lying down. When I lift him up he goes quiet. I guess that is because of wind and make him feel like spitting up. I am giving my LO gripe water and rub ru yi oil on his tummy now after every diaper change.

If you can bear seeing you LO cries...feed him every 3 hr instead of 2. That is how I control his intake and timing. But of coz you need to feed more.

Does it help? The oil and gripe water. Need to see PD first to ascertain the cause of his grunting?

Eh.. How to delay an hour and let him cry. Also I carry and pacify one leh. Hubs needs to work

Does it help? The oil and gripe water. Need to see PD first to ascertain the cause of his grunting?

Eh.. How to delay an hour and let him cry. Also I carry and pacify one leh. Hubs needs to work
I think he got better after taking gripe water (coz my husband cant find ridwind at guardian). Like he still make noise but it is much more bearable and it's easier to burp him now. I let him sit upright for awhile after feeding and burping too. He sleep like a pig after 12am. I fed him once at 1am (while he was sleeping) and he woke up at 6am for next feed. After that I feed him once every 3 hourly. But he is still sleeping till now (11am) hahaha...gotta wake him for bathing soon.

When my LO cries at night I carry him out of the bedroom to avoid disturbing husband. Recently I heat up the milk in advance and put inside a termal cup with hot water to keep it warm. The moment my LO wakes up at night I feed him straight away so he got less time to cry lol

I'm feeling very worried too. CL is leaving next week. The thought about how and whether I can manage the baby is already making me so stress and tears are dropping. I have not try bathing the baby yet. And my baby also need to feed every 3-4 hrs. I think instead of latching, i might just change to pumping milk out.

I didn't bath bb when CL is around until even the very last day. So the next day.. when I prepare for her bath.. I build up all my courage to just do it.. and now after 3 weeks.. I am an expert! Lol.. since we need to do it everyday. . Practice makes perfect. At first alot of anxiety. Especially lowering her down to the tub..wah seh.. thats really a challenge. But u will be able to conquer. The thing u gotta get use to is the night feed and additional extra pairs of hands to help u during day. I am all alone during day and everything is on my own. So when is milk time.. just let her cry why I make milk.. I cannot be doing both at the same time.. night feeding is so tiring. And they tend to eat slowly. Just 20 mins u will feel like forever! !

All these takes time. Now I am dreading to go back to work and place her with Nanny.. as we all know.. nobody takes better care of our child besides us.. but I just have to let it go..

Mummies how do you all plan to take care of your LO after maternity leave? I am still considering whether to quit working for maybe half a year to look after my LO. Right now I don't think I want to let others take care of my LO leh...he is still so young...and also my office doesn't have a suitable environment for pumping and storing breastmilk to take home...anyway I already wanted to quit my job when I was pregnant but I endure coz I need the maternity leave lol

Thanks Shirley for sharing how u manage. I seriously hope I can handle my LO as well aft CL leaves next thurs. I am so thankful to all mummies in this forum. At times of despair I gained the support and strength from this forum, knowing I'm not alone..

what makes u think pumping is easier? latching is much easier esp if u r alone with bb. no need to wash bottles, pump, etc. no need to make time for pumping. it's really tough when u r pumping & bb is crying to be carried.

Recently I heat up the milk in advance and put inside a termal cup with hot water to keep it warm. The moment my LO wakes up at night I feed him straight away so he got less time to cry lol

u r so lucky. ur bb can sleep for so long at night.

I also prepare milk in advance. give him the milk when he starts stirring & before he starts wailing. coz once he starts wailing then very difficult to settle back to sleep.

Mummies how do you all plan to take care of your LO after maternity leave? I am still considering whether to quit working for maybe half a year to look after my LO. Right now I don't think I want to let others take care of my LO leh...he is still so young...and also my office doesn't have a suitable environment for pumping and storing breastmilk to take home...anyway I already wanted to quit my job when I was pregnant but I endure coz I need the maternity leave lol

mine will be going infant care. need to go back work coz need the $$. really expensive to have kids in SG.

Thanks Shirley for sharing how u manage. I seriously hope I can handle my LO as well aft CL leaves next thurs. I am so thankful to all mummies in this forum. At times of despair I gained the support and strength from this forum, knowing I'm not alone..
Jia you! ! We r strong!! Despite gonna have cries and emo.. but we can do it de!!

Yeah, the days after my CL left were really very stressful, and yes, having an extra pair of hands (from your hubby or mother or MIL) really do help. Bathing is a challenge but once you get the hang of it and trust me, your LO will grow to get familiar with you with every single episode of bathing, and it will get fun!! I love bathing my LO because that is when i feel she is the most most interactive hahaha... And did I mention that her evening cries were tormenting us after the CL left? Now we got the CL back for a couple of days to help us out, I realise she no longer cry so much in the evening (i.e. more controlled under the CL's care), I wonder if its really a tactic that we didnt learn. The CL told us always remember to give the LO enough rest as much as possible, because it will accumulate during the day and by evening, they will be super grouchy and even more difficult to settle her....and most importantly, never let her get into the habit of crying at a certain hour, because they will really grow into a habit and no matter how many months later, they will still have that habit. So i ask her..haha...how to not let her cry as a habit (since she really manage to make her less unsettled during the evening hours), she say always 'talk' to the LO, say 'cannot cry like that, like that papa mama wouldnt like you', then pat pat a bit, let her lie down and watch her surroundings if she like as long as she is not crying....i think easier said than done, but we are going to try it out ourselves while the CL is back with us for a limited time, to see if it works...

what makes u think pumping is easier? latching is much easier esp if u r alone with bb. no need to wash bottles, pump, etc. no need to make time for pumping. it's really tough when u r pumping & bb is crying to be carried.
Have such a headache whenever She decides to cry while I'm pumping. Have to pause pumping, and continue later. The milk can't be left outside too long while I pacify her... or to let her cry while I keep my milk first...

My baby like to doze off when latching and I need to keep waking him up. End up takin 1hr to latch and I sit until backache.furthermore he may nt be drinkin that much. Was thinking drink frm bottle is more efficient.

I'm currently latching her but pumping out to see how much I can pump.. which varies like 50 - 140ml n is not enough to store. . I wonder how am I gg to pump for her when I go back work? Stress

Back