IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think your next scan should give you more insight. See what's the follicles size. You can ask the doc to give you rough indicative of er date. So far the doc I asked was quite accurate.

But my sedation x2 felt like GA. Total koon.

My first ER I was very nervous cos of my gf experience. Luckily both times I was really knocked out.

But my sedation x2 felt like GA. Total koon.

My first ER I was very nervous cos of my gf experience. Luckily both times I was really knocked out.

I can more or less hear them talking when i am under sedation.. Can hear the procedure "sound".. And totally can feel them inserting something into ur axshole (which is painful) -.-"

OMG really? I guess I was really luck!

In this case, I wonder if one can ask for GA for ER? I remember someone here even asked for GA for ET because she is very tense and no way doc can insert the catheter. She did get what she asked for.

But GA recovery will be slightly longer and may have side effect (giddy/vomit). And you might wake up with sore throat because a tube is inserted into your mouth into your windpipe and into your lungs (something like that). And some people may not suit GA due to some medical conditions. So it's a much complicated procedure.

I didn't get any side effects from GA too. I could just rest less than an hour after I woke up and then went home already. I remember another lady next to me at the resting area was throwing out intensely and crying pain. Omg poor thing.

Is it that scary?i rem my 1st ivf at private,under ga, i was injected somethg on my hand vein,given a oxygen mask to breathe n sleep le. Nothing was inserted to my throat.

Kk got different in ga protocol?i think i will check with e kk doc on this. Above sounds scary

Did you ask if yours was sedation or GA back then? Hmm.. even if you had GA with the tube inserted into mouth, you wouldnt know since it's inserted only when you knock out.

Ya ya... better ask your doc about it. Imagine I was waiting for my ER turn in my first round, the aesthetician told me the difference between sedation and GA and he said some patients may come in n out of their sleep during sedation. I was praying so hard I won't wake up that way.

Did you ask if yours was sedation or GA back then? Hmm.. even if you had GA with the tube inserted into mouth, you wouldnt know since it's inserted only when you knock out.

Ya ya... better ask your doc about it. Imagine I was waiting for my ER turn in my first round, the aesthetician told me the difference between sedation and GA and he said some patients may come in n out of their sleep during sedation. I was praying so hard I won't wake up that way.
Hi redvel,mine was ga back then. I didnt feel discomfort in my throat. (So i presume nothing inserted?or maybi have,but no feel at all lei)Only felt discomfort in e ovary area at e side where more eggs r extracted. K i will ask e kkh doc when i visit him next time

More sperm questions... :)

How long does your hubby abstain before ivf? 24 hrs before ET? 48 hrs? 72 hrs? (I am using hours coz some times hubby can clear soldiers morning or night but our ER is always morning)..

Actually I think ER doesn’t need GA (I’m no expert! Just think only). GA is really for major ops. I’ve a feeling your last ER was sedation (you are lucky just like me who knocked out totally!). Personally for me GA and sedation felt the same… I slept through like a pig. But those who did wake up during sedation is maybe the anesthetic medicine wasn’t enough? Or perhaps our body reaction is so different in individual.

Ron, I asked the nurse this question and I was told the best is 3-5 days before ER. I feel to clear army merely 24 hours before ER is too short for the soldiers to grow and mature. I did read 3days is the best. We always try to target to bd 3 days prior to his sample contribution.

More sperm questions... :)

How long does your hubby abstain before ivf? 24 hrs before ET? 48 hrs? 72 hrs? (I am using hours coz some times hubby can clear soldiers morning or night but our ER is always morning)..
Ron, best is 3-5 days or at least 48 hours

I think for most individuals Sedation is enough although some ladies need GA for medical and other circumstances.

A sister shared previously she did her ER overseas and wasnt given anything. . Fully awake during procedure

Hi Queenhera,

Surely definitely will be disappointed with bfn, regardless natural or ivf… but I guess we all have to be even more prepared when in ivf as I think need strike-toto luck to succeed in first round, or even 2nd.

I’m not sure about other hospitals but KKH grades non blastocyst. For blasto, no grading.

When my last 2nd fresh failed where my AF came, I visited Dr for the review and she said the coming AF cycle I can start FET already. So technically should be rest one cycle.

I agree on that get it done and over with. Initially I thought maybe Jan15 then I start my FET (so that I can plan year end travel :p ). But now, I think aiya just do it hack. Haa.

I am afraid Singapore law is still 2 embies transfer for your case. Because you’re still below 37 (other than have failed one ivf attempt). As for exception, I’m not very sure (like if private docs can perform things differently).

Thanks for the life example! Let’s see =)

For Thomson, they grade blasts too... AA, AB, etc.

Just had my first acu with Dr Zou. Thought I juz share my feedback here w sisters who are considering TCM. I did acu previously but it's not for fertility so only needles were used.
With Dr Zou, she also had electro wires attached to the needles and got heat effect too. She did acu on my front then moved on to my back.
I read that needles with electro wires hv really good effect on fertility. But am slightly concerned abt the use of heat.
Any sisters here went for acu 24 hrs before n after your ET? Read that this helps to improve pregnancy rates.
Contradicting but read that heat will destroy our embryos so some webby suggest to avoid heat especially after ET. Any thoughts on this?

The heat isn't that intense. If you feel it's getting hot, can actually get them to turn down abit

I went for acc a day aft ET, and another one 2 days later..

Not sure if that contribute to the +ve too but it supposedly to help with implantations and in a way, makes one feel relaxed. :)

Connie, i went sincere ivf for the counselling and i think it was Dr Liaw who told us. My gynae is from another clinic just that he will use their lab

Just had my first acu with Dr Zou. Thought I juz share my feedback here w sisters who are considering TCM. I did acu previously but it's not for fertility so only needles were used.
With Dr Zou, she also had electro wires attached to the needles and got heat effect too. She did acu on my front then moved on to my back.
I read that needles with electro wires hv really good effect on fertility. But am slightly concerned abt the use of heat.
Any sisters here went for acu 24 hrs before n after your ET? Read that this helps to improve pregnancy rates.
Contradicting but read that heat will destroy our embryos so some webby suggest to avoid heat especially after ET. Any thoughts on this?

I went acu every alternate days after ET for 2 weeks. The acu is only on legs and hands. No more tummy after ET.

Pigletyn, who is ur gynae? my dr aso use sincere ivf lab too n his assistant all told me high success rate there for him lah

Just have faith in whichever doctor you are consulting and what they are doing to your body unless you seriously know that there's a breach.

I did acupuncture with Dr Zou one day after ER. Then immediately after ET, I did one acupuncture and for the next 2 days I did another 2 acupuncture.

Connie, i went sincere ivf for the counselling and i think it was Dr Liaw who told us. My gynae is from another clinic just that he will use their lab
Oic,i use sincere lab n sincere doc. Sadly i fail e first fresh with frosties unable to make it to frost. But think cos my quality was bad.

Long list of ladies doing their rounds soon. Good luck to all.

Who's doing ET first? Mine should be about mid Oct.

Actually i guessed some ladies have safely cross board over cos some has mia these few weeks. Maybi they are silently reading but cant announced. All e best to those who have graduated! Take care ! :)

Actually I dont agree anyone on announcing at early stage because I am pantang. Even in forums. :p

Yeah please shoo away for those whom have crossed the line. Come back to share your success stories when it's the right time.

I haven't! Hehe... just got a call from the nurse who said I have 4 day-5 embryos. She said the rest will go extended culture and the final results will be out tomorrow. Not 100% sure what it means really. I'll wait for her call tomorrow.
I was reading abt ivf in Thailand in another board. Sounds interesting.

Chuckles it's sounding good. It might mean your day5 is now morula stage (not quite the blastocyst yet). They may want to culture to tomorrow aiming for blastocyst.

Other than Thailand, JB does have many success stories too. And cheaper than SG.

I am with her and follow all her instruction.. Now I am pregnant at wk17.. Trust her.. I have done 2 accu after et.. There is heat during the session. But she will ask you to lie on your side. She even predict that I am pregnant on my 5 days after et by looking at my tummy..

I haven't! Hehe... just got a call from the nurse who said I have 4 day-5 embryos. She said the rest will go extended culture and the final results will be out tomorrow. Not 100% sure what it means really. I'll wait for her call tomorrow.
I was reading abt ivf in Thailand in another board. Sounds interesting.
Very good progress chuckles! So r u doing a day 5 transfer or fet?

Hi Redvel, Ron, chuckes and Portia,

Long time bo see liao the threads are moving very fast. Jus did a lap with Dr SF Loh. Jus got discharged.
Who is cycling with him this month huh?

Finally the 6 cm cyst is out . What other recovery action can u all do huh? After lap. My blood pressure is low. 100/50. So like feeling giddy

Hi Hope,

I have great faith with Dr Zuo too cos she detected my pregnancy before test kit did. But sadly ended in miscarriage.

Hi sunbelle,
Take your time to nourish your body and recover. All will be well. I'm doing fet. Still waiting for THE CALL from the clinic to tell me how my embies are doing. A bit nerve wrecking. I hope they will wait for me. :D

Sunbelle!! Jiayou!! Have you done all the check why it lead to miscarriage? Mine is due to thick blood and high nk cells.. If you manage to thin the blood and lower your anti body for the first tri, chance is higher.

Back