(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Thank

yes, baby in NICU. Currently still fine. It is the number of blood drawing and injections I had that was terrible. They gave me steroids on first two nights to prepare baby's lungs in case I had to go for c section.
Please take care mannouhana! How much your baby weigh?

Thank

yes, baby in NICU. Currently still fine. It is the number of blood drawing and injections I had that was terrible. They gave me steroids on first two nights to prepare baby's lungs in case I had to go for c section.

Which hosp is yr bb at? I delivered at 27w+2 at nuh. Worrying times for me

Thank

Baby will be fine. Rest well!

Hi mummies.. I'm taking the pills for my high blood pressure.. But I'm taking it every 2 days.. Cos I'm feeling super tired and my heartburn is insane...

Anyone have got ways to make the energy level stay or go up in the day? I'm 32 weeks alrdy..

Had been having stomach ache everyday recently.. Had been going toilet very well.. But dunno wat cause the tummy ache.. Doc check say its fine.. But sometimes the pain abit hard to bear..

Today just went out for 2-3hrs only.. And I feel super tired.. Got no choice have to give up shopping half way and go home early.. Anyone has got ways or food tat can keep the tiredness away? I'm not slping well at night too.. Keep waking up.. Either due to full bladder if not due to hubby's loud snoring..

So hard to slp thru the night well... :(
hi , you can try getting herbs from the kovan confinement shop and cook with black chicken soup. For bu qi and an tai. It helps with energy level.

HI,

dont knw whether my reply is a bit toolate.. haha. just going through past posts and saw your qs. My son's pd is Nancy Tan fr gleneagle. She was assigned to us by my gynae. She is good.. very lively person.
Hi magl~ thanks for ur reply ^^ ive booked Dr Gong already. Hope he is good too!

For those of you who will be giving birth in KK, DON'T EVER STAY CLASS C! It is not fit for new mothers:
- the whole ward is noisy, with family members talking on top of their voices, having picnics, children running
- family and patients playing their radio music / movie loudly as if they are in class A ward
- toilet is like public toilet
- ward is next to a mini construction site, ie they are renovating an area, hoarded up. Workers walking here and there, some just stood outside and stare right into the ward at the mothers.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to here. Anyone get experience with gestational diabetes. I found out after glouse tolerance test and now I'm on insulin.

Hi, I'm new to here. Anyone get experience with gestational diabetes. I found out after glouse tolerance test and now I'm on insulin.
Me! I need to record my readings for two weeks den report to my gynae.. got to control my diet~~~~ boo.. it's quite hard...

For those of you who will be giving birth in KK, DON'T EVER STAY CLASS C! It is not fit for new mothers:
- the whole ward is noisy, with family members talking on top of their voices, having picnics, children running
- family and patients playing their radio music / movie loudly as if they are in class A ward
- toilet is like public toilet
- ward is next to a mini construction site, ie they are renovating an area, hoarded up. Workers walking here and there, some just stood outside and stare right into the ward at the mothers.

Sorry to hear this. It's our sacrifice to downgrade as bb needs to stay in nicu. I was in nuh class c n obviously it wasn't luxurious but the nurses were great, toilets decent and visitors rather considerate.

Sorry to hear this. It's our sacrifice to downgrade as bb needs to stay in nicu. I was in nuh class c n obviously it wasn't luxurious but the nurses were great, toilets decent and visitors rather considerate.
I did not want to stay in C. I asked my husband if I could have B2+ and he refused.

Last edited:
Thank

Please take care. By gods grace your baby will be fine.

I did not want to stay in C. I asked my husband if I could have B2+ and he refused.

The dr at nuh asked me 'class c / 8 bedder?' And I said yes. Honestly with our bb longer nicu stay it makes sense to d/g all the way to class c. Most impt bb is fine. I will sacrifice all I've for my bub to be fine n I'm sure u will too.

I activated my CL in e end. Though no bb but we need proper confinement esp if parents or in laws not reliable

Keen to get cute cookie for your kids birthday or party
Piggy, yellow water melon/Red water melon, red ridding hood, strawberry, Rabbit

Keen PM me

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 254
Because I will discharge soon and my baby will be in hospital for at least a month to two.
hmm. but u still need to do confinement rite?
unless u got ppl help u cook confinement food n prepare necessary stuff for u to build back ur health. if nt guess u might still need CL....

The drilling and hammering from construction is very heavy, dust everywhere that even the doc who was here to draw my blood kept sneezing. Could not sleep at all due to the drilling and workers walking here and there staring into the ward. My bed is right at entrances facing the construction site.

The drilling and hammering from construction is very heavy, dust everywhere that even the doc who was here to draw my blood kept sneezing. Could not sleep at all due to the drilling and workers walking here and there staring into the ward. My bed is right at entrances facing the construction site.

Seems like it's a tough time at the hospital now.. I tink u should get ur confinement lady once u discharge.. At least.. Get a proper confinement done.. At least once bb discharge u have the energy to look after ur bb after tat and by then ur confinement will be over le..

Stay positive! Ur bb will be fine.. Hope things will turn for a better for u soon..

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at KKH, mannouhana. Pray that baby is fine!

Why did you have a premature delivery? Were there any complications?

U staying ward 34 ar?

Me! I need to record my readings for two weeks den report to my gynae.. got to control my diet~~~~ boo.. it's quite hard...
Hello! I'm new here too n having gestational diabetes. On diet control n yes it's tough eating so healthily every meal esp when I'm outside..

Hello mummies.. I would like to ask wad bottom balm did you all prepare for ur bb? I used to use avent for no 1 but now it's discontinued..

They shld hv hoarded the area up opaque like nuh. Anw it's over / almost over. Treat yrself to a gd confinement n rest like a queen ya

Don't dwell on the hosp stay.. I also had lotsa iv lines done up, at least 6 incl failed ones done by MOs and many tubes of blood drawn.. Passing urine on e bed in a bedpan.., beside the bed in a commode.. Steroid jabs.. Everything.. It's all over. Focus on producing milk and praying for baby :)

Hi Magl,
I am planning to oder confinement catering too. Have you chosen which company?
i planning to order fr natal essentials for the food. but will be after my confinement. juz wan to extend abit on the food as i will b at hm alone wif my bb.... keke...

I am looking around for full month package. Anyone has recommendation? I will activate my confinement lady after baby comes home. Meanwhile my maid prepares red dates drink and simple steam fish and veg meals for me.

Hi Magl,
I am planning to oder confinement catering too. Have you chosen which company?
Hi meplaa,
I am thinking of chilli padi and Thomson. . Wanna order 2 different caterers for lunch and dinner.
Don't Knw whether chilli padi food has msg or not. Will call to check.

Hi meplaa,
I am thinking of chilli padi and Thomson. . Wanna order 2 different caterers for lunch and dinner.
Don't Knw whether chilli padi food has msg or not. Will call to check.

So far.. Thomson is the most expensive one...
I will take Natal essential or Richfood.. for lunch.. dinner will be cooked by MIL.
coz i am not the type like confinement food..

Baby market fair .. this coming Oct ... has Spectra .. but not a starbuy..
hopefully there is a good deal on their booth...
not yet got my dual breast pumps

Hi, I new here. Currently am a mother of 2 and 3rd one on the way, EDD 7 Nov but think maybe might deliver end Oct.
Delivered my 2 boys naturally without epi at birth weight 3.69kg & 3.77kg. Hope to deliver my 3rd one the same way too.

Congrats to all the new mummies :)

Back