5yr old still drinking Milk from milk bottle, is this right?

choyagal

Hi,

Like to ask if any of your child about my gal's age or older still drinking milk from milk bottle insead from cup?

I heard from.dentist that this not doing good to her teeth, any Mummy got any solution?

Ive tried switching to cup for my gal but she still prefers drinking in her bed lying down..

Tks

Sorry cant offer much advice,but I have friends who kids still drink from the bottle at 7 yrs old.
Fr what I was told about bottle drinking, it is important to not suck too long on the bottle ( ie: cannot be taking forever to drink the milk) , as it may encourage teeth protrusion.
My friends also always brush their kids teeth after their last bottle feed at night.

Last edited:
Hi choyagal,

My daughter is 5 yrs old and was bottle drinking up till a few months ago; she drinks from a cup now.

I brought her to buy a special cup which she chose. Then that very night, I packed away the bottles in front of her, told her those bottles were "baby bottles" and her cup was a "big kid" cup. Fortunately, she likes the idea of being a "big kid" so took to drinking from a cup easily.

You may want to try it with your child. However, if your child absolutely refuses to give up the bottle, just make sure she doesn't take a long time to finish her milk, and don't let her fall asleep with the bottle in her mouth; brush her teeth before she sleeps.

I still let my girl drinks directly from milk bottle, without the ring n its teat..cos the bottles cond are good and she is encouraged to finish all as she gets to stir its residue milk-milo powder which i purposely left unstir below

Back