(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Prenatal don't massage tummy leh.. can help to position baby meh? if baby head down in later stage is good cos chances are bb will not turn up due to the space constraint. But if early stage head down, then chances are bb can still turn back up.

well, apparently for some they do pre-natal massage to position the baby to prepare for labor and also to reduce the tightening. But it can be rather uncomfortable and painful as baby will usually move and squirm during the massage.

@shabsrina for the Raspberry Leaf Tea I got one big packet leh. I don't know if you wanna split it hahaha.
I bought this one:
Starwest Botanicals, Red Raspberry Leaf C/S, Organic, 1 lb

I think don't need to do prenatal massage to position the baby. For my #1 my baby wasn't even in position yet while I was in labour. When I was about to give birth, there as 2 nurses present. They were helping me to position the baby as I push out. So I think it's not necessary.

Aiyah! Wasted! I've ordered already. Haha. Next time will check with you girls first. =)
Hmm and I guess I'll just forgo the prenatal since it's not really important. Hopefully the nurses who'll be attending to me also as good as yours ah. :)

Aiyah! Wasted! I've ordered already. Haha. Next time will check with you girls first. =)
Hmm and I guess I'll just forgo the prenatal since it's not really important. Hopefully the nurses who'll be attending to me also as good as yours ah. :)

@shabsrina, how many weeks are u now? If u do it too early, bb might still change position so no point going thru the pain... I always like to ask doc what position the bb is in.. He was transverse sometime ago, bottom down 3 weeks back but now he has turned head down... Moving vigorously everyday.. I'm also afraid that he might change position again..

@littlepeanut currently in my 34th week. He's already in the head down position according to my doctor but like u said, baby might change position as mine also very active. But I guess now I have decided to skip the prenatal massage. Went once actually in my 6th month just to see the aunty's skills as I want to engage for a post natal massage during confinement period. But even then, the aunty said that baby's already going down and subsequent scans, doctor showed that baby's head is already down.
How many weeks r u now? Ive been forcing myself to move around alot also.

If checking of dilation is what u all mention. Then have to shave it before checkup, if not damn paisei although the gynae feel nth :rolleyes:

I never shave oh.. Even when I admit hospital I also never shave leh.. Hehe! I know some nurses will help u shave before go to ward.

@Rhonna

Since u start bleeding then maybe u not need induce as u may admitted soon too. For me I'm still thinking if I shd go for induce on this sun if no further dilation on this sat check up. Yesterday check up only dilate 1cm, no bleeding or spotting at all.. Doc said may be able to drag till next week. But worried baby might be quite big. May I know why u choose to induce? Y not just wait since u already start spotting?

@silentlove , both tmc and mt.a will provide hospital gown with the opening back (string tie type)
Unless you r comfortable to wear or move around with it. Otherwise it's best to bring your own pjs. Pjs with button top will be advisable for b.feeding
My pjs is those tee dress type. Easy to go toilet.

@littlepeanut , my first gynae was different from my #2&#3
Had very bad experience with #1 gynae. Still very much 'angry' with the first one up till date!
Do more research for a better gynae when your #2 comes ;)

Mummies, you may be interested in getting some milk powder and diaper samples when you've got nothing to do while waiting for baby to pop now. I just requested for my fair share of samples :D. Here's the link for milk powder samples: www.strawberrycoatedkisses.com/2014/08/free-milk-powder-samples.html

As for diapers, just go to their website and look for the request samples button. Here's a list:
Drypers
Merries
Huggies
GooN

Feel free to add on to the list if you know :)

@littlepeanut , my first gynae was different from my #2&#3
Had very bad experience with #1 gynae. Still very much 'angry' with the first one up till date!
Do more research for a better gynae when your #2 comes ;)

@agaga, i didn't do any research at all when I came to this gynae.. Just followed along with my friend as I wasn't really prepared when I got pregnant.. I was also sleeping whole day and night in my 1st trimester hence didn't do much comparison or ask around.. It's only when I had issues with this doctor then I check back with my friend that I know she didn't follow this doc for her 2nd pregnancy due to his costly fees.. However, my friend did mention that he is a good doc despite being very money-faced...

Besides that, I also didn't feel very comfortable at our first visit that his nurse insist we fill up our occupation in our patient records even though I feel it is totally irrelevant to our pregnancy. Some more, they also insisted my husband to fill up his occupation as well. At our first consultation he also tried to small talk with us on what careers we are into even though we totally have no interest in the discussion...

Anyway, this pregnancy is coming to an end soon and we will be more concerned with our babies than anything else going forward ;)

@agaga, i didn't do any research at all when I came to this gynae.. Just followed along with my friend as I wasn't really prepared when I got pregnant.. I was also sleeping whole day and night in my 1st trimester hence didn't do much comparison or ask around.. It's only when I had issues with this doctor then I check back with my friend that I know she didn't follow this doc for her 2nd pregnancy due to his costly fees.. However, my friend did mention that he is a good doc despite being very money-faced...

Besides that, I also didn't feel very comfortable at our first visit that his nurse insist we fill up our occupation in our patient records even though I feel it is totally irrelevant to our pregnancy. Some more, they also insisted my husband to fill up his occupation as well. At our first consultation he also tried to small talk with us on what careers we are into even though we totally have no interest in the discussion...

Anyway, this pregnancy is coming to an end soon and we will be more concerned with our babies than anything else going forward ;)

So strange ya!! Want to know your occupation for what?

@littlepeanut somehow similar to the gynae im seeing. hmmm not sure if ure okay to disclose which gynae ure referring to? Or at least which hospital? The one Im seeing is at GlenE. Also ask for occupations etc and I find it unnecessary actually.

@silentlove Wooo... didnt expect this from Dr Adrian too.. i thought he totally dont care.. haha.. Yea, he did the test for the infection 2 weeks ago too, shock me... but he only use a tube to touch abit at the top my private part leh, i wonder enough the testing? i thought have to put into my private part.. haha
Thanks for helping us to confirm the free upgrade.. hehe.. and Yea TMC will provide the hospital gown to wear.. but i will still bring my own nursing dress, in case people come visit or what also nicer ba.. hahaa

@littlepeanut ya loh.. so weird.. so different career different treatment ah? haha... tsk tsk.. not very nice.. which gynae???

My friend says she gets asked the same question too.. And because she said she works in a bank, the doctor keeps complaining about the high bank charges even though my friend is not working in the front line and totally has no idea what he is talking about.. She was also pissed that her pregnancy consultation turned out to be 'complain avenue' for the doc!

My doc nv ask me anything haha.

So exciting a lot of mummies here sound like they are ready to pop out soon!! :)

@Rhonna

Since u start bleeding then maybe u not need induce as u may admitted soon too. For me I'm still thinking if I shd go for induce on this sun if no further dilation on this sat check up. Yesterday check up only dilate 1cm, no bleeding or spotting at all.. Doc said may be able to drag till next week. But worried baby might be quite big. May I know why u choose to induce? Y not just wait since u already start spotting?
I was start to bleed d moment i came home from d clinic,i guess bec d doctor did the cervix exam so it bleed after that.I choose to induce on friday,so that i can push it normaly,just like my first one also,i told my doc i want to gve birth normal,dnt want c-sec hehehehe,coz if i still wait next week then d bb will be so big,im scared cant push it,now i still have spotting,brownish.friday 1am i will b n d hospital already.hopefully by that time im 3-4cm heheheheh,

angel_loi how about u?

@littlepeanut currently in my 34th week. He's already in the head down position according to my doctor but like u said, baby might change position as mine also very active. But I guess now I have decided to skip the prenatal massage. Went once actually in my 6th month just to see the aunty's skills as I want to engage for a post natal massage during confinement period. But even then, the aunty said that baby's already going down and subsequent scans, doctor showed that baby's head is already down.
How many weeks r u now? Ive been forcing myself to move around alot also.

@shabsrina, I'm close to 34 weeks now.. EDD 31st oct.. I have been moving ard quite a lot...

Just a quick check , how many long pants should we prepare for newborn ? Just come to realise I have lots of baby vest but fewer than 10 shorts/ pants

Just a quick check , how many long pants should we prepare for newborn ? Just come to realise I have lots of baby vest but fewer than 10 shorts/ pants

Best to prepare more than 7 long pants. One for each day but then hv to have spares in case dirty or cannot dry in time. 13-15 would be a safe number. If you swaddle then not too bad la, make sure have enough booties and mittens too. Everyday or twice a day change mitten is best. That's how I do it for my #1

I was start to bleed d moment i came home from d clinic,i guess bec d doctor did the cervix exam so it bleed after that.I choose to induce on friday,so that i can push it normaly,just like my first one also,i told my doc i want to gve birth normal,dnt want c-sec hehehehe,coz if i still wait next week then d bb will be so big,im scared cant push it,now i still have spotting,brownish.friday 1am i will b n d hospital already.hopefully by that time im 3-4cm heheheheh,

angel_loi how about u?

This sat I will have another check up with my gynae, cervix exam too. I guess after that I will also start bleed but not sure when I will give birth. If after 2-3 days I'm ok. My gynae actually advised me induce this Sunday since yesterday check up baby weight already 3.4kg. I'm hesitating as I hope after cervix exam, I can go for natural birth without induce. In another way, my gynae said if baby too big on next week, then I might have difficulties on labour & may end up c sect.. But I really don't want c sect leh.. Shd I go for induce this sun? Or I think make the decision after this sat check up.

@beac

Thanks ! Wow I guess I need to stock up some pants. Among those that I have, some are more like tights material with thick waist bands.. Guess not too suitable when their umbical cord not dropped yet.

This sat I will have another check up with my gynae, cervix exam too. I guess after that I will also start bleed but not sure when I will give birth. If after 2-3 days I'm ok. My gynae actually advised me induce this Sunday since yesterday check up baby weight already 3.4kg. I'm hesitating as I hope after cervix exam, I can go for natural birth without induce. In another way, my gynae said if baby too big on next week, then I might have difficulties on labour & may end up c sect.. But I really don't want c sect leh.. Shd I go for induce this sun? Or I think make the decision after this sat check up.
U make a decision after ds sat check up,since ur bb is big already then induce it so u wont have problem to push it,me too i dnt want c-sec thats why i want to induce it since m 2cm already.

@beac

Thanks ! Wow I guess I need to stock up some pants. Among those that I have, some are more like tights material with thick waist bands.. Guess not too suitable when their umbical cord not dropped yet.
Also depends on whether you planning to put bb in air con room or not. I didn't put bb in aircon room so usually shorts or just normal rompers in the day and long pants only at night.

Should have more tops/rompers cos first 3 mths bb more prone to spit ups. Need to change a lot.

Breastfed bb always tend to hv more watery poo that tends to overflow from diaper. Will also soil pants.

15-20 sets of top n bottom to rotate around will be good. So that don't have to keep doing laundry. Or if raining cos year end, don't have to worry clothes don't dry on time.

U make a decision after ds sat check up,since ur bb is big already then induce it so u wont have problem to push it,me too i dnt want c-sec thats why i want to induce it since m 2cm already.

Yes, will do... Will decide on this sat after consult my gynae. Hopefully I dilate more then I might give birth in next few days or maybe Sunday. Hehe!

@lervia, the costs that mama_joanne shared is tat of the hospital. The deposit I paid is for the gynae.
Ya its for thr hospital. Gynae charges not inclusive yet. But I only pay the initial package money for my gynae which is $800. Other that that I did not pay anything for gynae. Its upon discharge they give me total bill.

i usu only wear those vest tops for bb, then bottom diaper. then cover with blanket. Too mafan to wear shorts for nb. so fragile and must change the diapers often. lazy mommy.

Oh yes, wanted to ask.. are we allowed to keep our nail polish when giving birth or the hospi will ask u to remove?

Oh yes, wanted to ask.. are we allowed to keep our nail polish when giving birth or the hospi will ask u to remove?

Doesn't matter actually. Don't think they will ask you to remove. What I do is that I will just remove it myself anyways. I rather not hv nail polish on when I handle the newborn. Haha.

just to check, earlier in the thread one of u mentioned that we can choose to wear our own pj during our stay in the hospital. Applies to all hospitals? I want to wear something that can cover my body, not just a string tied at the back. Haha.
Cause ever since I got pregnant, acne has never stopped appearing at the whole of my back, my neck, my chest and even down to my belly. So for those healed ones, still left with scars. So upsetting, cause I never had body acne before. Didnt expect pregnancy can cause this much side effects. :(

just to check, earlier in the thread one of u mentioned that we can choose to wear our own pj during our stay in the hospital. Applies to all hospitals? I want to wear something that can cover my body, not just a string tied at the back. Haha.
Cause ever since I got pregnant, acne has never stopped appearing at the whole of my back, my neck, my chest and even down to my belly. So for those healed ones, still left with scars. So upsetting, cause I never had body acne before. Didnt expect pregnancy can cause this much side effects. :(

yes should be. The hospi gown is like surgery gown.. open & airy at the back. i dont like it too. prefer to wear my own. But u must make sure yours is easy to bf or wear / remove lah else will hurt your wound

C sect so ex? $2900? I must go check the pricing
Here are the rates I got from Mt. A website that happens to be in my iPad :)
ImageUploadedByForum1411010228.733351.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411010240.533599.jpg

@beac

New born waist is pretty small. So the waist band might not reach their belly botton. Maybe you like to get 1-2 belly wrap instead. Cost about $4-5 from kiddy palace. This really helps as to tuck and bind the top and bottom. Baby will look neat as well.

Last edited:

New born waist is pretty small. So the waist band might not reach their belly botton. Maybe you like to get 1-2 belly wrap instead. Cost about $4-5 from kiddy palace. This really helps as to tuck and bind the top and bottom. Baby will look neat as well.

Oh yeah use the belly binder for baby. It's good for them also. So the waist bend won't rub into their navel.
I agree with @agaga

Back