Muslim Mums 2015

monsterbaby84

As'salam mualaikum All!

I would like to start a thread for all Muslim Mums due in 2015. Do share with us here on your journey from the +ve and post any questions to other members here!

Ouh if any other non-muslim mums would like to join in....please do!

I'll start off with mine.....tested +ve 4 days before period missed. Early right...! And now bouncing along to 6 weeks 4 days :)

Symptoms have been crazy with daily morning sickness and frequent headaches! I have not officially selected a gynae but have seen Dr Loke (Singapore Women's Clinic @ Tampines) for an U/S.

Happy 9 Months ;)

ImageUploadedByForum1405992568.404994.jpg

Salam all,

i'm now in my 15 weeks. Conceived thru IVF.
My due date insha allah will be 15 January 2015.

Im currently with NUH subsidized. Still on the fence if i should go NUH Private with a gynae instead or stay with NUH Subsidised and engage the EMMa Care (Midwives) service instead

Have recommended message lady been tried before or only through recommendation...can query before I call...the massage lady using hand when massaging? The reason why I asked is because the last one I tried using like a "horse comb" and thereafter my whole body ache and down with fever

Have recommended message lady been tried before or only through recommendation...can query before I call...the massage lady using hand when massaging? The reason why I asked is because the last one I tried using like a "horse comb" and thereafter my whole body ache and down with fever

For Zie Aziz is my regular therapist.....

Hi @Shy25 so sorry to revert back so late. I believe you already have the package?

Also welcome n congrats to the rest for your pregnancy! How has it been for everyone here?

For a start, I'm already 12weeks along and went for my Oscar Test. Depressing n I personally would not recommend it to anyone should whatever results you get...abortion is never a way out, thus no point in putting yourself through such stressful tests :(

Hi Monsterbaby84, for a start I am also seeing Dr Loke at Singapore Women's Clinic. The nurses have been forcing me to go for the Oscar test. Could you share your experience about it as I deem the test to be unneccessary stress for myself.

hi @Fickledsara as for me I hated what the Oscar Test did to my already messed up emotions and hormones. It only gave me unnecessary worries. If you do not have any intentions to ever giving up the baby despite whatever condition baby is, than all these tests aren't necessary and a waste of money and causes more worries than anything else. This is just my thoughts ;)

As salam all, i'm new here and i am abt 4-5wks with my first preg. I hv been to the gynae ytd, and my next will be in 3wks time. Im hvg lots of bed rest at the moment as my lower abdomen feels v weak. Is this normal at the very early stage?

Salam femme88 if your gynae placed you on bedrest I reckon that's the best for u now. The first trimester can be tough for most. Hang in there and hope u feel better soon!

Ok got it. Haha. Well I am now about 6 to 7weeks.. suffering from morning or should i say "day sickness". Cant eat anything. Dont wanna eat anything. Cos puking is no fun! Tried all ways n means from internet but to no avail... anyone else have any special advice?

I had the same problem too. Nothing helped in my case. I survived on water and dates. It only got better for me since I am 14 weeks. Have u tried munching on plain biscuits?

Yes. From ginger tea to munching meiji plain crackers... dates? Should try that. I love dates. Thanks for sharing. Oh i hope all will be well after the 1st trimester!:rolleyes:

I am not sure yet bcos when i went to KK via polyclinic referral, KK was unable to scan the foetus. So i had to go for a blood test to check my hcg and then later a pelvis scan to rule out ectopic pregnancy. So all in all, i was there from 845amto6pm. It was crazy. Results were fine. Results said I should be 5wks 6days at that time... according to some gestational size... so they gave me another appt to scan again. Hence, no edd yet... very dramatic.

Hi all. Just need to check, i am feeling better with my morning sickness from 5wks, but im only 7weeks now. Understand it usually kicks in during the 8th week. So should i b happy its getting better or its gona return?! Anyone with the same experience out there? A little help or assurance?

Hi Ariana, MS can be surprising.. I was quite allright for a few days during week 12. Suddenly, it became worse that before during week 13 and it is still bad for me now that I am in week 14...But hey, I do know of a colleague who is like you..so maybe you are one of the lucky people?? Whatever it is, I try to think positive :)...

Thanks for sharing. My MS is really up & down. Many people kept consoling me telling me my symptoms are considered good already. I hope you feel better soon. I hope all of us feel better soon!!

Hi salam everyone. My edd falls on 2/1/2015.im in 2nd trimester. Just found out this page. Once again salam and hi to everyone.

Ok got it. Haha. Well I am now about 6 to 7weeks.. suffering from morning or should i say "day sickness". Cant eat anything. Dont wanna eat anything. Cos puking is no fun! Tried all ways n means from internet but to no avail... anyone else have any special advice?
Ariana for my 1st trimester i also haf a terrible MS i kept vommiting thruout till week 14.whatever i eat i throw out. When i go for check up i didnt put on weight at all.but after week 14 my appetite start to grow and alhamdulilah went for detail scan during my week 20 although my weight not increasing but baby weight increase in within normal range. So Ariana dont worry much it will slowly disappear when u enter 2nd trimester.

Salams all..

What a lovely place.. I feel safe here :)

A little about me.. I've recently found out that I'm pregnant with my first child.. Alhamdulillah.. I'm now in Week 5 and my EDD is 5 May 2015 :) My pregnancy symptoms are mild tender breasts and backache, ocassional insomnia, fatigue and headache, frequent urination and bloatedness/gassiness.. plus some mood swings (poor hubby!)

I haven't seen a Gynae yet, but my GP told me that if I were to ever to feel unwell during my pregnancy, it is safe to take Panadols.

May I ask you kind ladies here, if Panadols are indeed safe to consume? I'm having a cold/runny nose and running a slight temperature :(

Thanks, dear ladies... ♥

Salams all..

What a lovely place.. I feel safe here :)

A little about me.. I've recently found out that I'm pregnant with my first child.. Alhamdulillah.. I'm now in Week 5 and my EDD is 5 May 2015 :) My pregnancy symptoms are mild tender breasts and backache, ocassional insomnia, fatigue and headache, frequent urination and bloatedness/gassiness.. plus some mood swings (poor hubby!)

I haven't seen a Gynae yet, but my GP told me that if I were to ever to feel unwell during my pregnancy, it is safe to take Panadols.

May I ask you kind ladies here, if Panadols are indeed safe to consume? I'm having a cold/runny nose and running a slight temperature :(

Thanks, dear ladies... ♥
Hi salam,
Congrats to you.
What i knw its ok to take the normal panadol(what my gyne told me).But if can try not to.Take when really in need.
:D

Salam sisters.
Talking about panadol... if u r referring to headaches n migraines (it happens during pregnancy), i experienced it n i did some reading n carried it out. 2 ways: cold compress/fever pad on forehead, and using pincer method, massage your nasal bridge. It really eases the pain! Stay away frm food that might trigger it such as choc, coffee, banana...

Update on my MS: on n off. On as i am able to eat hashbrowns (recent cravings, and for me, it gives my mouth a neutral taste or else...) or prata cheese! Off as in, semua tak nak!! Plus puking at least once a day.

I pray that Allah gives us the strength, courage, patience and the will power to fight MS daily and lessen our MS sufferings.

Dont know about you guys, mum mum in law told me to say Fatiha 3x b4 u sleep n blow on tummy (husband too must say n blow). After maghrib, say Fatiha 7x. Think they call it salawat (sorry, still new to this). Mum in law also told my husband to massage me nightly. And no going out after maghrib. My aunty also said Yasin and gave me a bottle of water to drink sips of it b4 i sleep. So perhaps, sisters, you can do this too. Anyone chats on skype? If so let me know! I dont do FB etc. ;)

Assalamualaikum, I just found out I'm pregnant! I have yet to go for any appointments but am likely to go to KK after getting my referral letter from the poly. It's my first pregnancy, Alhamdulillah and still a little lost. But hopefully, we'll be able to help each other out along the way? For now, any suggestions on private vs. KK, recommended gynaes etc? I need all the help I can get! Thanks.

Salam littleladybug. Congrats! Im a first time mum... but i can share with you my experience. Hope it helps. First things first, make sure you are around 7weeks then u go for your 1st visit at KK. I went at 5wks, and it was actually too early to scan anything and they will send u for tests here and there, extra costs incurred. At your 1st visit, it will b at a subsidised rate since polyclinic refer (i did that too). Then, KK will get you to sign this letter, stating that u are willing to see any doctor on duty that day thru out your visit. So all subsidised rate. If u choose, its considered private. So it depends on what u really wan. Cos KK is KK. No worries even if u dun see a particular doc. All the best!

Hi ladies I am going to create a Facebook group for us Muslim mums... Do indicate your email address here so I can add u :)

Hi shilasha. Thanks for the info!
Hi monsterbaby. I am doing much better, Alhamdulillah. I eat more now. But still sensitive towards certain smells. Unfortunately i do not have a facebook acct. Haha. Can i check with everyone, for each and every visit, are you required to scan? Cos looking at others in this forum, 99% scan @ every visit. KK doesnt do that. Thanks!

Hi monsterbaby. I am doing much better, Alhamdulillah. I eat more now. But still sensitive towards certain smells. Unfortunately i do not have a facebook acct. Haha. Can i check with everyone, for each and every visit, are you required to scan? Cos looking at others in this forum, 99% scan @ every visit. KK doesnt do that. Thanks!
Hi ariana for my check up as im a subsidies pt, not all checkup goes for a scan its like this mth u go scan n see doctor nxt mth just see doctor no scan but inside the room the doc let us listen to our baby heartbeat.if private mybe yes go check up got scan.

I delivered at KKH 9 years ago and as @Ariana mentioned

Hi @Ariana

I delivered at KKH 9 years ago and they didn't do any scanning at every visit. Thus the reason why the subsidized rate I reckon? Now I am going private and my gynae does scanning at every visit...just my opinion..... its a peace of mind that I get at every visit and a fee to pay to see our lil one growing. But previously in KKH i was given a free 3D scan during my 20 Week Detailed scan. Not too sure if its still the same now.

I hope you will feel better soon ...in syaa Allah!

Btw monsterbaby84 did u go for breastfeeding antenatal class.i was schedule to go by the reception on the desk when i make payment last check up for my next visit.is it free or i had to pay? check thru the website but couldnt find anything on it.

Salam. Would like to express my frustrations here... why isnt Subway & Carls junior Halal?!!! I emailed Subway and they replied saying this that.. so i guess when i return to Allah, its still non-halal! Trying to contact Carls junior... aaarrgghhh...

Salam. Would like to express my frustrations here... why isnt Subway & Carls junior Halal?!!! I emailed Subway and they replied saying this that.. so i guess when i return to Allah, its still non-halal! Trying to contact Carls junior... aaarrgghhh...
Relax ariana u can go across causeway,jb subway kat sana shld be halal. For carls i dont know.

Hi shilashah. Causeway is sooo far... im residing at Sengkang. Carls is halal. I checked. Lol. Cant imagine i need to travel over there for a subway meal.. oh well, once i am completely fine, will go! Haha. Alhumdullilah, i hv been eating well for the past 2-3wks. Im always doubtful cos im only 9 to10wks.. hope u all are ok too, insha Allah.

Hi shilashah. Causeway is sooo far... im residing at Sengkang. Carls is halal. I checked. Lol. Cant imagine i need to travel over there for a subway meal.. oh well, once i am completely fine, will go! Haha. Alhumdullilah, i hv been eating well for the past 2-3wks. Im always doubtful cos im only 9 to10wks.. hope u all are ok too, insha Allah.
Hehe.:) ariana 3 weeks more to 2nd trimester.im sure u can make it.insyallah everything will be fine. :D

Hi Ariana

Good that you have been able to eat properly :) Niways here is the facebook group address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/muslimumsg

Back