(2014/08) August 2014

I'm into 3 weeks after my c section. Now when I touch my tummy surface, it feels some pain. But the area is not at the stitch area. Any mummies here Facing the same thing? Is it a cause is concern?

I also in my 3rd week after csec and feeling a little pain on one side of the wound when I stand for too long or use my stomach muscles too much. I wonder if it's normal. Starting massage next Monday, hopefully it's ok by then. Already quite late for massage.

My LO was having pimples around her cheeks. I applied my bm by pouring it on cotton wool then wiping her face. It really helped. After 2 times, no more pimples. I used my bm immediately after pumping so it's still warm.
Do you clean off the milk with warm water or just leave it? Won't the milk cause milk spot on bb face?

I'm into 3 weeks after my c section. Now when I touch my tummy surface, it feels some pain. But the area is not at the stitch area. Any mummies here Facing the same thing? Is it a cause is concern?

my gynae say is the uterus moving back into the original position. no cause of concern. juz monitor. it goes off after awhile.

Do you clean off the milk with warm water or just leave it? Won't the milk cause milk spot on bb face?

I just leave it. But I do it during the day. So I'll clean it off when I sponge her in the evening.

However, didn't notice any milk stains after leaving it for like an hour or so. :)

I also in my 3rd week after csec and feeling a little pain on one side of the wound when I stand for too long or use my stomach muscles too much. I wonder if it's normal. Starting massage next Monday, hopefully it's ok by then. Already quite late for massage.
I also had pain around my tummy 3 weeks after csect still and I proceed with my massage after 3rd week. When the therapist massage on my tummy it was quite painful so tried to ask your therapist go slow on your tummy. But it got better after 4 weeks so dont worry too much =)

It's been 3wks and my newborn's umbilical cord has not drop off yet. From yellow pus, it start to bleed a little instead now. Is this normal? I wet the umbilical during the daily baby bath but apart from that, I keep it dry. Mummies, when does ur newborn umbilical cord drop off? Is the umbilical cord too wet that's why it's bleeding & not dropping off?

It's been 3wks and my newborn's umbilical cord has not drop off yet. From yellow pus, it start to bleed a little instead now. Is this normal? I wet the umbilical during the daily baby bath but apart from that, I keep it dry. Mummies, when does ur newborn umbilical cord drop off? Is the umbilical cord too wet that's why it's bleeding & not dropping off?
My LO 's cord dropped on the 5th day. I think you should bring your LO to the doc and check it out.

Normally within a week I think and your case is not normal. My LO also same situation as yours that time and PD gave me some medical powder to apply onto the cord after cleaning. But I didnt go back to PD for the cord issue but jaundice. Just that the PD check on cord and think it is abit infected and it was not clean properly.

My LO's umblical cord came out after 11 days, from day 5 onwards I applied the powder PD gave.. that might have helped.

Confinement auntie didn't help? The hospital gave packets of skin cleaning alcohol prep to wipe the umbilical cord. I see my CL do I was like wow.. so bloody and blackish substance appears. Then soon.. the cord dry up and dropped. Now my LO is 53 days old.

Hi all,
My newborn having jaundice after discharge from hospital and after several follow up in polyclinic, doctor said need to draw blood from both hand and leg to test. I wonder why there is a need to draw blood from hand, I am under an impression that only draw from leg will do. Any mummy can share ur experience. TIA

Hi all,
My newborn having jaundice after discharge from hospital and after several follow up in polyclinic, doctor said need to draw blood from both hand and leg to test. I wonder why there is a need to draw blood from hand, I am under an impression that only draw from leg will do. Any mummy can share ur experience. TIA

My 5 weeks old bb is still not cleared of jaundice and most of the blood tests was done by drawing blood from the heel. There is another kind blood test drawn from the hand for testing the liver component in the jaundice.

My PD calls it direct jaundice (signs of liver disease). The heel test can test for indirect jaundice. The wrist one can test for direct and indirect jaundice... My PD is from Mount Alvernia...

My 5 weeks old bb is still not cleared of jaundice and most of the blood tests was done by drawing blood from the heel. There is another kind blood test drawn from the hand for testing the liver component in the jaundice.

My PD calls it direct jaundice (signs of liver disease). The heel test can test for indirect jaundice. The wrist one can test for direct and indirect jaundice... My PD is from Mount Alvernia...

Hi @candymoshi may I know if your baby has taken the direct jaundice test? Is the result conclusive? If it shows that baby's liver is functioning well then we can just wait for the indirect jaundice to clear on its own?

My baby is turning 4 weeks old and still has jaundice too. His next pd visit is this Fri and I am thinking of asking for this direct jaundice test to test his liver functions if the reading is still high. His last reading taken 2 weeks ago was 10.6 and that was after he spent 2 days on the phototherapy bed. Pd had warned that the level may shoot up again.

Hi, I was told that the blood to be drawn from inner joint of hand (like how adult is being drawn blood) will be used to test for 3 different component of (forget the term doctor used).... Earlier doctor said LO's liver is functioning normally. However jaundice level still stay high after 1 week. My LO was traumatized, as he kept shouting and screaming while sleeping which only happen after drawing more blood from heel today.:'( I am so sad to see him like that, and would like to know if drawing blood from hand is a must.... Sob sob

Hi, I was told that the blood to be drawn from inner joint of hand (like how adult is being drawn blood) will be used to test for 3 different component of (forget the term doctor used).... Earlier doctor said LO's liver is functioning normally. However jaundice level still stay high after 1 week. My LO was traumatized, as he kept shouting and screaming while sleeping which only happen after drawing more blood from heel today.:'( I am so sad to see him like that, and would like to know if drawing blood from hand is a must.... Sob sob

My CL shared used white radish boil water n let baby shower will help to ease jaundice... my baby tried.

Hi @candymoshi may I know if your baby has taken the direct jaundice test? Is the result conclusive? If it shows that baby's liver is functioning well then we can just wait for the indirect jaundice to clear on its own?

My baby is turning 4 weeks old and still has jaundice too. His next pd visit is this Fri and I am thinking of asking for this direct jaundice test to test his liver functions if the reading is still high. His last reading taken 2 weeks ago was 10.6 and that was after he spent 2 days on the phototherapy bed. Pd had warned that the level may shoot up again.

Yes, my bb has done the direct jaundice test twice, once at day 10 when he was readmitted for phototherapy, and once more last week at 4 weeks old.

At 4 weeks old, his direct jaundice was 1.2, ruled out liver disease and indirect jaundice was 16.4. Phototherapy only works on indirect jaundice. Yes you kinda just have to wake till the indirect jaundice clears.

I am still waiting...

If doc alr ruled out liver disease then I dun think need to draw blood from wrist?

Mayb you can ask the doc what is this 3 tests cos I also nv heard of it..

hi mummies! Would like to ask abt the routine for pumping breast milk. when u pump for breast milk, what is the interval like & each pump takes how long ah? Thanks lotsa!

Xp, I pump at night but latch babies in the day. I pump 3hrly at night starting 11pm, and resume latching babies around 730 in the morning. I try to either latch or pump during the day every 2hrly. But my yield is not fantastic and not enough to tbf my twins.

hi mummies! Would like to ask abt the routine for pumping breast milk. when u pump for breast milk, what is the interval like & each pump takes how long ah? Thanks lotsa!
I pump in the day, once every 3-4 hours for 20-25 mins each pump. And latch my little one in the night when I go to bed. my little one is on tbf.

I am on total DL, but will pump once LO is done to clear the remaining milk in boobs. I will then store these milk as emergency stash or let my husband feed him when i am tired.

Yes, my bb has done the direct jaundice test twice, once at day 10 when he was readmitted for phototherapy, and once more last week at 4 weeks old.

At 4 weeks old, his direct jaundice was 1.2, ruled out liver disease and indirect jaundice was 16.4. Phototherapy only works on indirect jaundice. Yes you kinda just have to wake till the indirect jaundice clears.

I am still waiting...

Thanks candymoshi. Wishing your baby a speedy and complete recovery.

Any of you know of any deals for a Medela freestyle or PISA? Or any website I can order from? Have any of you tried Kulily?

Theres offer for freestyle at the Oct baby fair.

My boy's jaundice reading was 146 today. But doctor said OK to still go ahead with hep B immunisation.

Hi tiffy0410, what means by tbf?
Total breast fed. No supplementing. Before full month, I was only direct latching, only pumping after feeds to empty the breast for emergency stash. After full month, we started bottle in the day and latching at night. So I pump in the day. Except when we are out, I direct latch.

I only get 80-110ml for 20mins pumping at 3-4hr interval. I tend to oversleep at night ending up with a long 6hr interval... >_< how to up supply? Lo catching up with my output soon.

How much milk r u mummies producing now? I did not pump or latch diligently. Tiring and seem no time to do so many things.
I generally get 200-240ml after pumping 20-25 mins every 3-4 hours interval. Last pump will be 10plus in the night and first pump is about 7am.. in between direct latch.

But still this is only for daytime supply. Nite time is more on formula...same issue like other mummies...LO catching up with what I can supply...n not so diligently pumping @ nite..

Hi mummies for those total breastfeeding how your lil one weight gain? Like since birth till now? I've been on tbf on demand n seem mil not very happy commented my girl still small size n should supply with formula to boost her growth. She's 2.5kg at birth currently 3.3kg at 1 month 12 days. Pd didn't say anything about her weight.

I generally get 200-240ml after pumping 20-25 mins every 3-4 hours interval. Last pump will be 10plus in the night and first pump is about 7am.. in between direct latch.
That's a lot.. mine at most 140 ml after 30 mins, I can't store any as every time I pump my bb cry n I've to stop to latch n when she fuss I know no milk from my breast then take from pump to feed. Your milk is good for feeding n some storage.

I do total pumping no latch. 4 hourly for 15min can get about 200ml (supply dropped compared to first month). LO drinks about 120 to 140 per 3 hourly feed. He usually cries on the 2 hours mark and I coax him till the 3rd hour is past then feed him otherwise he can only drink around 80 to 100ml. Night time at around 12 plus I feed him one last round for 140ml to 150ml and he sleeps through the night (still training him to be consistent) and also do one last pumping before waking at 7am. Btw my LO is 1 month plus and he weights around 5kg (birth weight 3.8kg).

Hi mummies for those total breastfeeding how your lil one weight gain? Like since birth till now? I've been on tbf on demand n seem mil not very happy commented my girl still small size n should supply with formula to boost her growth. She's 2.5kg at birth currently 3.3kg at 1 month 12 days. Pd didn't say anything about her weight.

Boy born at 37ish weeks, 2.965kg at birth. 4.65kg at 4 weeks 5 days.

Hindmilk helps growth...

I only get 80-110ml for 20mins pumping at 3-4hr interval. I tend to oversleep at night ending up with a long 6hr interval... >_< how to up supply? Lo catching up with my output soon.

I pump for 15mins, rest for abit and pump for another 5mins... Yield abt 160-190ml now. B4 that about 130-150ml... I notice bb drinking more regularly (2hr and even 1.5hr) then I worry abt supply and restarted the rest and pump 5mins to increase.

That's a lot.. mine at most 140 ml after 30 mins, I can't store any as every time I pump my bb cry n I've to stop to latch n when she fuss I know no milk from my breast then take from pump to feed. Your milk is good for feeding n some storage.

Maybe you shld try latching him first and pumping after feed. Also close up the pumping frequency to signal the need for more supply... Try the resting and pump additional 5mins to signal also.

Gonna increase my bb's feed to 100ml after 4 weeks staying at 80ml. Hope he can finish and I can get my supply up to meet his needs...

I do total pumping no latch. 4 hourly for 15min can get about 200ml (supply dropped compared to first month). LO drinks about 120 to 140 per 3 hourly feed. He usually cries on the 2 hours mark and I coax him till the 3rd hour is past then feed him otherwise he can only drink around 80 to 100ml. Night time at around 12 plus I feed him one last round for 140ml to 150ml and he sleeps through the night (still training him to be consistent) and also do one last pumping before waking at 7am. Btw my LO is 1 month plus and he weights around 5kg (birth weight 3.8kg).

How u make ur LO slèep thru the night?
My LO will wake up for milk at abt 1am, 4am and 7am..still 3hrly...

My bb at birth is 2.5kg and now at 7 weeks. She is 4.7kg. Was glad that she is able to put on weight well as I was super upset when u deliver her at week 37 and she was so light.

She is also on 3 hrs at night. We only feed when she demand. Otherwise we will just let her sleep.

How u make ur LO slèep thru the night?
My LO will wake up for milk at abt 1am, 4am and 7am..still 3hrly...
I heard from a friend that the key to sleep through the night is for LO to be 5kg so that they can store enough food for the night. Ytd I fed once at 12am and he woke up at 5am...I think he was awaken by this dad's snoring lol

My bb was born 2.934kg at 36w. Now 5w 2days. Last weigh on Sat was 4.075kg...

I think it's ok as long as got weight gain.. Every kid is different...

Initially he was fed FM cos was hospitalized due to jaundice, then mixture when he was just discharged. Weigh abt 3.4kg ard 2 weeks and after that it's TBF till now.

Hihi!

I am also a silent reader of this thread, just gave birth to my gal about 6 weeks ago :)

Can I find out from fellow mummies if your LOs got terrible evening to night cries that are difficult to settle? I facing this problem, and every evening is very tormenting for us. Also, do your LOs make a lot of noises at night eg. kicking her legs, trying to get her arm out of the swaddle, making small noises here and there.....even though she wakes up about 3 - 3.5 hourly for her feeds, but these noises are making us difficult to fall back to sleep... :(

My LO was born 3.375kg at 39 weeks and was 4.9kg at the last check on the 10th. Don't worry about your girl's size. As long as she is peeing and pooing well, I don't see any cause for concerns.

How do your train your LO to sleep through the night? Mine is a terror at night!!

Back