Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

1.7kg since preggy? seems ok to me... dun worry about mummy's weight gain so long bb is gaining weight... you will see bigger jump from 2nd trimester...are you still having MS?

MS gone for two weeks plus... but came back in the morning and puke the last two days..... jia you!!!

I think my weight increase since preggy also less than 2kg at 18wks...

I am hoping ms can be over soon. The nausea and heartburn get really awful. Only 12 weeks now. Dunno how long more :(

My weight gain is negative so far. Lost 4 kg.

10-12 weeks is peak of MS...hopefully the occurrence will be lower from tomorrow onwards...

I am hoping ms can be over soon. The nausea and heartburn get really awful. Only 12 weeks now. Dunno how long more :(

My weight gain is negative so far. Lost 4 kg.

ecym, yes yes yes! Looking forward to ms over quickly! I can't focus during day time, and so so tired...

Congrats!! I hope that I can get a hint next wk at wk17. Secretly hoping it is a girl.. But if it is boy boy.. I already feel so fortunate to have him..

I went to visit my in-laws ytd coz mid-autumn festival. Threw up big time during dinner. Worst ms episode ever! I have been looking fwd to end of first trimester coz I thot it means end of ms but no! Sad tt ms is still there even though second trimester started... :(

I went to visit my in-laws ytd coz mid-autumn festival. Threw up big time during dinner. Worst ms episode ever! I have been looking fwd to end of first trimester coz I thot it means end of ms but no! Sad tt ms is still there even though second trimester started... :(
Same here mosburger. Every time when I thought ms is finally over, it come back again!

But pple do says ms is a clue for healthy pregnancy.. :) I am looking forward to baby movement.. Wonder when will I feel it.. When will 2nd trimester end? I feel that I need of a good relax holiday before reaching 3rd trimester. My whole body is aching all over..

in my 19 weeks now, is it suitable to taking the flight to shanghai? hb is going to outstation to shanghai, asking whether i wanna to follow or not.
A bit worry, because is my first baby via IVF.

i'm not sure but rem inform airline staff to give priority queue and maybe ask gynae for advice. the dream about xray scan gantry gave me a bad scare..

I asked if can travel and go for pre-natal yoga and swimming, doc just verbally reply yes. Haha.. So travel actually need something in writing is it?

Better get your gynae to write you a memo or medical chit to certify u fit to travel before you take your plane if you are travelling

in my 19 weeks now, is it suitable to taking the flight to shanghai? hb is going to outstation to shanghai, asking whether i wanna to follow or not.
A bit worry, because is my first baby via IVF.

hi we are in the same weeks!

Go go for babymoon while you can... I came back from BKK last month, I going Bali next week

Hi all,do u all need to insert crinone, esroyfem and progynova after your bfp? I hv to but apparently my supply ran out a week ago thus I stopped and just continue my duphaston pill and weekly injection. I am planning to get my supplies on Monday during my Gynae appt. My question now is, is it normal to discharge bits and bits progynova which are like weeks ago insert?

Last edited:
Hi all,do u all need to insert crinone, esroyfem and progynova after your bfp? I hv to but apparently my supply ran out a week ago thus I stopped and just continue my duphaston pill and weekly injection. I planning to get my supplies on Monday during my Gynae appt. My question now is, is it normal to discharge bits and bits progynova which are like weeks ago insert?
When you Bfp, you will also hve white/yellow discharge...

I think I need some reassurance. I'm at 14 weeks now and the recent scan revealed a low lying placenta. I was told it's common for ladies above age 30, and placenta and baby may change position at a later stage. I was prescribed more duphaston, and advised to continue taking it till 6 months. Does anyone have a similar experience?

I think I need some reassurance. I'm at 14 weeks now and the recent scan revealed a low lying placenta. I was told it's common for ladies above age 30, and placenta and baby may change position at a later stage. I was prescribed more duphaston, and advised to continue taking it till 6 months. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Hi @mosburger, I think Emily in our Fb mar mummy group has shared about her gynae's advice of duphaston pills for subsequent mths in certain cases of pregnancy. let me find her posting tmr

I am now 16 weeks 6 days.. tomorrow is the 17 weeks... time fly so fast...

Today I will be having another scan by Dr Loh, wanted to check out the possibility to know whether it is a boy or a girl... hopefully can know before I fly to US.

Anybody has food aversion? This morning, I conclude that my baby does not like milo.. everytime I drink, I am sure to puke it out... MS is getting better but still continuing... sigh... I also discover that my body is getting round... I wonder whether it is water retention or fat... my feet seems to be swollen also.. I cannot imagine myself in a balloon shape another few months down the road.. haha.. .

BTW, what will happen for low placenta? My colleague previously at 5 mths face contraction due to her short cervix, and is told to bed rest... will low placenta face the same problem?

Hi, I'm currently 22 weeks n have been diagnosed with placenta previa major as well. My low laying placenta was first highlighted to me at 14 wks, n back then, my Gynae says there's > 80% chance that it will shift up as the uterus grows. Unfortunately, at my last visit at 21 wks, it's still squarely over my cervix, but he says there's still a 50% chance it will move out of the way. He did not prescribe me any medication for now, only told me not to fly, do any strenuous activities, n to abstain from sex. He will review again next visit, n if it's still low, then we have to get a steriod shot in wk 32 to mature bb's lungs, n also most likely prepare for early c section. The worry of a low laying placenta, esp after 28 wks is that as the uterus stretches n thins out, blood vessels may tear n u will end up bleeding heavily n having to deliver early. However, the odds of your placenta moving up as the pregnancy progresses is very high, so I wouldn't worry too much abt it at this point. Good luck, n jia you!

Hi @mosburger, I think Emily in our Fb mar mummy group has shared about her gynae's advice of duphaston pills for subsequent mths in certain cases of pregnancy. let me find her posting tmr

Hi, I'm currently 22 weeks n have been diagnosed with placenta previa major as well. My low laying placenta was first highlighted to me at 14 wks, n back then, my Gynae says there's > 80% chance that it will shift up as the uterus grows. Unfortunately, at my last visit at 21 wks, it's still squarely over my cervix, but he says there's still a 50% chance it will move out of the way. He did not prescribe me any medication for now, only told me not to fly, do any strenuous activities, n to abstain from sex. He will review again next visit, n if it's still low, then we have to get a steriod shot in wk 32 to mature bb's lungs, n also most likely prepare for early c section. The worry of a low laying placenta, esp after 28 wks is that as the uterus stretches n thins out, blood vessels may tear n u will end up bleeding heavily n having to deliver early. However, the odds of your placenta moving up as the pregnancy progresses is very high, so I wouldn't worry too much abt it at this point. Good luck, n jia you!

Thanks, twinklelight and bbcripps! I didn't expect to hear abt the low lying placenta at 14 weeks' scan. Duphaston is prescribed but I do not quite understand how does it help in the low lying placenta issue. I read from the fb mar mummy grp tt there are studies suggesting taking duphaston until 30 weeks can reduce the risk of having pre-mature babies. But I also read from other sources that low lying placenta issues can't be prevented other than close monitoring by the doc. In that way, I must be mentally prepared to continue to be very careful throughout the pregnancy. I'm still early on in my pregnancy, and this baby doesn't come easy, so sometimes can't help getting worried. :p

Last edited:
BTW, what will happen for low placenta? My colleague previously at 5 mths face contraction due to her short cervix, and is told to bed rest... will low placenta face the same problem?
Hope42014, does ur colleague get mc or hosp leave if doc prescribes bed rest. It's now close to end of calendar year. I have fully utilized all my annual leave, medical leave, even requested no pay leave to do all my fertility treatments these couple of years. I hope my placenta moves up coz I really want to qualify for my maternity leave later. If I take no pay leave again, I won't get my maternity leave. Hiyo, must plan properly...

I have not been prescribed bed rest but I was given advice to limit too much moving around and not to carry heavy stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks, twinklelight and bbcripps! I didn't expect to hear abt the low lying placenta at 14 weeks' scan. Duphaston is prescribed but I do not quite understand how does it help in the low lying placenta issue. I read from the fb mar mummy grp tt there are studies suggesting taking duphaston until 30 weeks can reduce the risk of having pre-mature babies. But I also read from other sources that low lying placenta issues can't be prevented other than close monitoring by the doc. In that way, I must be mentally prepared to continue to be very careful throughout the pregnancy. I'm still early on in my pregnancy, and this baby doesn't come easy, so sometimes can't help getting worried. :p

I can fully understand how u feel, it also took me multiple treatment cycles (too many to count on one hand, haiz!) to conceive this one. Duphaston is to relax the uterus, it is to prevent cramping or contractions that might lead to premature bleeding. It doesn't actually address the low laying placenta. Nothing much we can do now, except to take things easy, n get doc to monitor closely.

I can fully understand how u feel, it also took me multiple treatment cycles (too many to count on one hand, haiz!) to conceive this one. Duphaston is to relax the uterus, it is to prevent cramping or contractions that might lead to premature bleeding. It doesn't actually address the low laying placenta. Nothing much we can do now, except to take things easy, n get doc to monitor closely.
Yes, bbcripps, nothing much we can do but just listen to doc's advice. Let's jiayou together! I hope for the best for u too! :)

Hope42014, does ur colleague get mc or hosp leave if doc prescribes bed rest. It's now close to end of calendar year. I have fully utilized all my annual leave, medical leave, even requested no pay leave to do all my fertility treatments these couple of years. I hope my placenta moves up coz I really want to qualify for my maternity leave later. If I take no pay leave again, I won't get my maternity leave. Hiyo, must plan properly...

I have not been prescribed bed rest but I was given advice to limit too much moving around and not to carry heavy stuff.
My boss give the blessing for her to work from home.. But it is really a scary episode for her..

I have DVT.. ask me to rest but must get up to move every 15 mins. Double edged sword.. if i dont walk, it will worsen my dvt. If i walk, it may worsen the detachment.

Hello all..this's my first time in this forum.
I'm so happy to found this forum so I can get more information from all mummy here for IVF pregnancy.
I just got my result last week and positive with pregnancy.
For all mummy please take care.

Hello all..this's my first time in this forum.
I'm so happy to found this forum so I can get more information from all mummy here for IVF pregnancy.
I just got my result last week and positive with pregnancy.
For all mummy please take care.
Hello Vinka, congratz on ur bfp! :)

Back