IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Oceangal, thanks but i doubt results will be different as this is my 3rd IVF and usually if hpt -ve on BT day means gone case alr. Hubby & I agreed that this will be our last rd of IVF this yr as we have spent so much time & $$$ on treatments... so it is extremely disappointing. Don't understand as lining, blasts etc seemed to be optimal this time. Doesn't help that SIL & cousin are all expecting with their 2nd... Stress...

Am gonna be trying natural from now... Thinking of trying TSB as recommended by the other sisters here...

For yours still early so keep your hopes high. Read of some ladies who had spotting but still managed to bfp during BT. Jiayou! :)

Hi girl, jiayou!!!
Im on my 3rd IVF too liao.. 3dp4dt.. If fail I also dunno how.. My Sis who just got married is preggy now.. My relatives keep asking what I'm doing. married 4 yrs + le still dont have.. =(

I was with TSB for 1.5 yrs before embarking on IVF last yr.. Before this round, I was seeing another TCM in Bukit Merah..

This round Dr S did quite a number of changes for my cycle.. I told her its my last try already.. Hopefully things work out..

You have a good rest, take a short break and dont stress yea? I have a friend who went thru ivf 5 times all failed.. Gave up and stopped all her tcm etc then few months later preggy naturally.. Dont give up hope!! =)

Hi girl, jiayou!!!
Im on my 3rd IVF too liao.. 3dp4dt.. If fail I also dunno how.. My Sis who just got married is preggy now.. My relatives keep asking what I'm doing. married 4 yrs + le still dont have.. =(

I was with TSB for 1.5 yrs before embarking on IVF last yr.. Before this round, I was seeing another TCM in Bukit Merah..

This round Dr S did quite a number of changes for my cycle.. I told her its my last try already.. Hopefully things work out..

You have a good rest, take a short break and dont stress yea? I have a friend who went thru ivf 5 times all failed.. Gave up and stopped all her tcm etc then few months later preggy naturally.. Dont give up hope!! =)

Hi babystepsrainbow, thanks for your encouragement :) Really didn't expect this round to fail... Guess I made the "mistake" by placing too much hope on this cycle :( Totally understand all the pressure by the relatives & friends... they don't understand that it is a very tough journey for us and not easy to conceive. Honestly, I feel that they should all stop asking. Sometimes I just want to avoid all the gatherings.

Did u do IVF before seeing TSB? Really hoping the best for you this cycle! :)

Hi babystepsrainbow, thanks for your encouragement :) Really didn't expect this round to fail... Guess I made the "mistake" by placing too much hope on this cycle :( Totally understand all the pressure by the relatives & friends... they don't understand that it is a very tough journey for us and not easy to conceive. Honestly, I feel that they should all stop asking. Sometimes I just want to avoid all the gatherings.

Hi littleems ,hugs..i pm you. Check out yr inbox

Littlems, when we were trying and going thru our rounds, we found the answer "akan datang" seemed to shut most of them up .

Littlems, when we were trying and going thru our rounds, we found the answer "akan datang" seemed to shut most of them up .

Ron8129, haha... gd one... i will try next time. Cos usually they will ask if we are trying... then if we say yes.. then they will wonder how come so long still no good news...

When I go to san gu liu po house and they ask me and hubby like "faster have one", I will say "lend me your room now". Usually we all just laugh hehehahah and stop there. Who will lend us their bedroom to bd right? If they ask again I will reply same thing. After that they never ask again liao la.

Hihi,

Yes I agree.. I think at some point after asking so many times they should get some vibe and stop asking already.. My friends have stopped asking.. Dunno why my relatives can't.. =(

I saw TSB for 1.5 years and didnt work so I moved to IVF.. I didnt take her med together with the cycles.. First cycle i did accupuncture with dr zou.. Second one I din do any TCM at all.. My problem is always with my egg quality.. 20+ Eggs but always only transfer 2 and nothing to freeze.. This time they sort of managed to control the number so quality can increase.. 12 Eggs but still only 2 transfer and nothing to freeze haha.. But quality is better.. If this time cmi.. I will definitely go on holiday during cNy..

Ladies,

Your rebutts are so funny! Hahah.. Should take note of these and use then when some 38 aunties and uncles ask again.. Lolx..

Whether fresh or fet, will still need to have 'clean' womb. But not sure is that the same jab. But did have 1 & yes super ex! $500 for a jab
Janices i checked pharmacy and the cost of 1 jab is 300+
And i read net it is to prevent ovulation. I am pcos

Hihi,

Yes I agree.. I think at some point after asking so many times they should get some vibe and stop asking already.. My friends have stopped asking.. Dunno why my relatives can't.. =(

I saw TSB for 1.5 years and didnt work so I moved to IVF.. I didnt take her med together with the cycles.. First cycle i did accupuncture with dr zou.. Second one I din do any TCM at all.. My problem is always with my egg quality.. 20+ Eggs but always only transfer 2 and nothing to freeze.. This time they sort of managed to control the number so quality can increase.. 12 Eggs but still only 2 transfer and nothing to freeze haha.. But quality is better.. If this time cmi.. I will definitely go on holiday during cNy..

Ladies,

Your rebutts are so funny! Hahah.. Should take note of these and use then when some 38 aunties and uncles ask again.. Lolx..
Babystepsrainbow,did doc explain to u y e embryos cant make it to freeze?i also have 7 embryos left but they cant make it to freeze by day 6,sad hor. Have to do fresh all over again if to try again

Ladies, I'm starting my cycle in sept. Today just got spotting so I think AF full flow tmr... Likely to have my first appt on thurs ya?

Starting my first ivf cycle after 5 years of trying... Ya I kena the aunties questioning as well. Especially when ALL cousins are actively producing. When I am asked I'll always tell them 好料垫底 in hokkien ( that's what the aunties always say when the boil soup where all the good ingredients are concentrated at the bottom of the pot) haiz to answer their question need to speak their lingo...

I just tell them the truth. LOVE their uncomfortable look. I said I do everything already by textbook but end up with 2 miscarriage. How? You got $ to pay for ivf or not?

Connie_hopeful: why is the freezing at day 6? Shouldn't it be at day 5?
Aiyoh! Now, im worried. Mine will all be frozen. Today, nurse said only 6 out of 8 fertilised are good enough to 'proceed' to day 5.

Connie_hopeful: why is the freezing at day 6? Shouldn't it be at day 5?
Aiyoh! Now, im worried. Mine will all be frozen. Today, nurse said only 6 out of 8 fertilised are good enough to 'proceed' to day 5.
Chunkles, cos day 5 is sunday i think. And dr liaw is overseas, so i think monday day 6 then they close e case. Dun worry too much first,wait for sincere to call u, pray hard. Think Dr liaw will roughly let u know e quality on e rest of yr embries on yr et day

My doc told me usually averagely a third of the embies can be cultured to blasto successfully. Of course everyone is different. But just an average based from her experience.

I had less than a third cultured successfully to blasto where that 2 were transfered to me. The rest couldn't make it. That was in my first cycle.

Now my coming 3rd attempt first FET has 5 fellows in the freezer. Based on a third, it might mean i would be lucky just to have one -_-

My doc told me usually averagely a third of the embies can be cultured to blasto successfully. Of course everyone is different. But just an average based from her experience.

I had less than a third cultured successfully to blasto where that 2 were transfered to me. The rest couldn't make it. That was in my first cycle.

Now my coming 3rd attempt first FET has 5 fellows in the freezer. Based on a third, it might mean i would be lucky just to have one -_-
Redvel,hope this is e golden egg that u have been waiting for. All e best!

Babystepsrainbow,did doc explain to u y e embryos cant make it to freeze?i also have 7 embryos left but they cant make it to freeze by day 6,sad hor. Have to do fresh all over again if to try again

Connie, I have PCOS so usually I have a high number retreived but the ones that can be used and injected are only a few.. Like last cycle I think I has 23 Eggs but only 6 usable and after iCSI only 2 grew to D2 embryos and the grade was pretty low with fragmentation.. =(

This time round I had 12 Eggs retreived.. 4 were usable.. 3 grew to d2 embryos and were quite good.. So doc suggested we wait 2 days.. By D4 she can tell which 2 are the best then transfer come.. When D4 came, 1 had arrested.. So left 2 morulas to transfer but they were looking good at least.. Compacting already..

I read somewhere that says for ladies with PCOS the problem is the leading follicle will grow past the minimum required size leave alot of small ones behind so even tho alot are picked up, the amount of immature ones are high in numbers.. And also cos of the high in numbers, quality is lower in those matured ones too.. Sometimes read already v sian.. So many problems..

Thanks Connie. Likewise best wishes for you. I was looking at the SQ promo and I really need a trip but I can't plan because of ivf so I'm waiting for af to arrive soon so I will start the FET and ironically I'm thinking inside me is that if it fails then I'm free to do whatever i want but of course i hope i won't get to fly anytime soon la :p

Babysteps my gf also has pcos. Many many eggs but quality is no good. Went through so many iui and ivf (6 ivfs and countless iui). Finally her ivf boy popped early this year. So anything can happen. Trash those articles. Hee.

Ur friend v brave and congrats to her!! My side got male factor issue so IUI dont work for us.. Unless I strike lottery.. I think this will be our last ivf try le..

Babysteps I also think my gf is brave and I salute her never give up attitude. I won't be like her though. Likewise as you, my coming is my last ivf. No fun and no interest to pursue anymore.

Let's try to enjoy our journey while we are getting there :)

Thanks Connie. Likewise best wishes for you. I was looking at the SQ promo and I really need a trip but I can't plan because of ivf so I'm waiting for af to arrive soon so I will start the FET and ironically I'm thinking inside me is that if it fails then I'm free to do whatever i want but of course i hope i won't get to fly anytime soon la :p

Hi redvel and all other FET experienced ones...

Im at 11dp3dt.. did hpt first thing in the morning and its BFN. my blood test is in two days time though..positivity level went from 101% to 1% here. heh.
Despaired of course.. but kinda know deeeeeep inside it didnt happen coz sumwher on 8dp3dt.. my one and only signs and hope of sore & tender boobies just stopped. it was the same with my first fresch ivf-icsi cycle.

Anyhow, ive got 4 satisfactory embbies frozen this time round.. i just realised that many of u ladies gets "grades" for ur embbies.. is it only NUH that does not grade the embryo? coz wen i did ask, they said they dun and the labelling is just good, satisfactory and bad. which hospitals/clinic grades?

My ultimate question is.. when do u start the FET cycle? need to wait at least how many months?
im pretty sad actually. half of me is saying "lets chill and wait for a year or so.." half of me is saying " omg lets just get it over and done with!!" (we have kinda agreed a long time ago that 3 ivfs is the max we will go through)

Also, now that we made 2 attempts and it failed, can i put more than 2 in my tummy for the next cycle? im 33yo so i knew that 2is the max no. of eggs but is ther any exemption?

im sorry for ranting.. i shall highlight the queries so that u can just ignore my rants :p

oh redvel hopefully its the golden egg story for you.. ur story is similar to my ex colleague and hers was definitely the golden egg story.. best of luck!

end Aug I went for my BT to check hormones level before I embark on ivf. my gynae called me for my BT review and he was shocked to find that my results is so bad... he say according to the result, it means I am more to the menopause side but I am only 33 this year. he say cannot be and he say ask me to go for another BT when my AF comes this month. he says during my iui, the stimulation jabs makes a good results for my follicles so cannot be suddenly the hormones level drop so bad after 7 months. he asked me what have I been eating the past few months... I told him I went to tcm and took the Chinese med and he says the medical so potent! haiz... now I gotta wait for AF to come and do another type of BT before I start ivf. I hope the next BT results will be good so that I can start ivf...

Hi Queenhera,

Surely definitely will be disappointed with bfn, regardless natural or ivf… but I guess we all have to be even more prepared when in ivf as I think need strike-toto luck to succeed in first round, or even 2nd.

I’m not sure about other hospitals but KKH grades non blastocyst. For blasto, no grading.

When my last 2nd fresh failed where my AF came, I visited Dr for the review and she said the coming AF cycle I can start FET already. So technically should be rest one cycle.

I agree on that get it done and over with. Initially I thought maybe Jan15 then I start my FET (so that I can plan year end travel :p ). But now, I think aiya just do it hack. Haa.

I am afraid Singapore law is still 2 embies transfer for your case. Because you’re still below 37 (other than have failed one ivf attempt). As for exception, I’m not very sure (like if private docs can perform things differently).

Thanks for the life example! Let’s see =)

Yup:) I have my injections since 4 Sep and tomm i am gg for scanning. But today i realised that i am getting 'wet', i have 'transparent discharge', is that means that ovaluation occur? will it affected my egg extract schedule?

Pigletlyn hope your coming BT clears you for the ivf.

Kymkym it's norm as those stim jabs can cause loads of such discharge but won't affect your ER provided you're already on ovulation suppress jabs. Can't remember the name of the medicine.

Pigletlyn hope your coming BT clears you for the ivf.

Kymkym it's norm as those stim jabs can cause loads of such discharge but won't affect your ER provided you're already on ovulation suppress jabs. Can't remember the name of the medicine.
oic....thanks/ i am wondering when can i do the extract...heard that must 'put to sleep'? sound scary

Not to scare you la… but I do agree the process of getting you to zzz is kinda freaky! The anticipation is no fun. But then you really won’t feel a thing when you finally knock out. The recovery is generally quite fast for most people. So have tell yourself to relax and it will be over soon.

you think i can request for partial anticipation? ie, not to put to sleep completely ?

Last edited:
You’re so brave. I rather sleep and be in dreamland.

The procedure is a painful one. Err… you sure you wanna be awake, gal?

Ok the ER is done under sedation, not general anaesthetic. Both are quite different. On the surface, GA is you are totally knock out and your breathing is assisted (my D&C was done like that). Sedation, for some people, you could still be coming in and out from the sleep. I am so thankful both my sedation I slept through. My gf’s ER she could wake up and fall back to sleep a few times and she remembered she was crying pain. Ouch.

As for the medicine, it depends if you were told to bring back. For my last 2nd scan, all my pens leftover liquid were combined into one by the nurse. If you're not told, then I guess no need.

You’re so brave. I rather sleep and be in dreamland.

The procedure is a painful one. Err… you sure you wanna be awake, gal?

Ok the ER is done under sedation, not general anaesthetic. Both are quite different. On the surface, GA is you are totally knock out and your breathing is assisted (my D&C was done like that). Sedation, for some people, you could still be coming in and out from the sleep. I am so thankful both my sedation I slept through. My gf’s ER she could wake up and fall back to sleep a few times and she remembered she was crying pain. Ouch.

As for the medicine, it depends if you were told to bring back. For my last 2nd scan, all my pens leftover liquid were combined into one by the nurse. If you're not told, then I guess no need.
sound very painful..... :(( so i will still expecting more scanning and injections after tomm scanning lor ?

Back