(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Yup currently the 3 of us seeing adrian. Tml is my appt with him.
Any idea TMC will provide what item in the hospital room so that i wont have to bring it.
@verine22 have the nurse give u form to fill for the hospital stay? Just wonder if adrian will free upgrade from 4 to 2 bedded.
Tomorrow's my appointment with dr Adrian too @ Sengkang. Heard he will upgrade from 4 to 2 bed so not to worry. I also want to know whether hospital will provide anything.

Tomorrow's my appointment with dr Adrian too @ Sengkang. Heard he will upgrade from 4 to 2 bed so not to worry. I also want to know whether hospital will provide anything.
If u see a preggy wearing specs sitting at interchange facing the clinic, maybe is me. Haha...
My friend just gave birth at tmc, she say no toothpaste/toothpaste. o_O
During the hospital stay, do we bath? Got heater?

Aiya.. i change from tml to friday.. if not, we will be able to meet.. haha..
@purple_luv yup i fill up the form for the hospital le... i sign up 4 bedded.. hopefully got free upgrade.. haha.. then TMC will send you a letter and a brochure..

Aiya.. i change from tml to friday.. if not, we will be able to meet.. haha..
@purple_luv yup i fill up the form for the hospital le... i sign up 4 bedded.. hopefully got free upgrade.. haha.. then TMC will send you a letter and a brochure..
Currently how many weeks are u? When is your edd? Mine 25oct. Are u the one whom mention that need to pay doctor fee at the clinic? My friend under adrian @sengkang never pay at all at the clinic.
Usually while waiting for my turn, there will be a cup of mr bean drink with me. Haha....

@purple_luv im week 36 today.. edd 14oct.. not me, i think is TiongCL who mentioned about paying the hospital fee at the clinic.. they have not ask me to pay anything yet.. see if this friday they would ask me anot..
Waiting is always tiring.. but lucky dr adrain consultation is quite fast..

@purple_luv im week 36 today.. edd 14oct.. not me, i think is TiongCL who mentioned about paying the hospital fee at the clinic.. they have not ask me to pay anything yet.. see if this friday they would ask me anot..
Waiting is always tiring.. but lucky dr adrain consultation is quite fast..
yes. i paid for the delivery deposit at $850.

Hi all, new to this forum. Currently in my 34th week but baby's measuring roughly 36 weeks instead. Guess that's pretty normal? EDD is on 28th Oct. Really can't wait to be on maternity leave as I feel like I'm walking like a penguin nowadays. LOL!

Was previously 47kg now 61kg. Trying my best to cut down on my food intake and eat small meals regularly as my gynae informed me that baby is rather big. Now baby's weight is 2434g.
Next appointment will be on 4th Oct. Hahhh still long way to go!

Hi all, new to this forum. Currently in my 34th week but baby's measuring roughly 36 weeks instead. Guess that's pretty normal? EDD is on 28th Oct. Really can't wait to be on maternity leave as I feel like I'm walking like a penguin nowadays. LOL!

Was previously 47kg now 61kg. Trying my best to cut down on my food intake and eat small meals regularly as my gynae informed me that baby is rather big. Now baby's weight is 2434g.
Next appointment will be on 4th Oct. Hahhh still long way to go!

Hi Shabsrina, i am the same as you!! my EDD 25th Oct but also in my 34th week and baby weighing 2340g. My doc also commented I gain too much weight and baby grow too much! i feel sad to hear that cos i want to deliver on EDD or after. worried i have an earlier date.

Hi Shabsrina, i am the same as you!! my EDD 25th Oct but also in my 34th week and baby weighing 2340g. My doc also commented I gain too much weight and baby grow too much! i feel sad to hear that cos i want to deliver on EDD or after. worried i have an earlier date.

Hehehe. Oh babe, why r u afraid to pop earlier that ur EDD? What's important is the health of the baby, no complications and etc. =) In fact here I am wishing that I'd pop anytime soon. Hahah. I feel so inadequate at the moment. Guess we're all experiencing some pretty rough times moving ard, sleeping & etc.. And btw what's ur birth plan?

@happymom2510 I'm very near your EDD! 24th Oct! but my last scan it changed to 12 oct :eek: Maybe cos my baby growing too fat hahahaha

@shabsrina Hihi! welcome! I already walking as slow as a tortoise and waddling like a penguin. Night time also toss and turn like mad. hahah.

Oh yeah!
Who's having a baby boy and who's having a baby girl?

Haha. I shall start. I'm having baby boy, this is my #2. My #1 also boy :x hahaha.

@shabsrina welcome to the forum.. im also same as u where my bb is close to 2.5kg at week34.. so worried that my bb will grow too big for me to be natural.. especially nowsaday i can eat alot to feel full.. haha..

Im having a boy.. my #1 :D

@happymom2510 I'm very near your EDD! 24th Oct! but my last scan it changed to 12 oct :eek: Maybe cos my baby growing too fat hahahaha

@shabsrina Hihi! welcome! I already walking as slow as a tortoise and waddling like a penguin. Night time also toss and turn like mad. hahah.
do you girls look at the scan for the EDD or the initial 1st check-up when the nurses asked for your last mense & they calculate based on the due date calendar?

if based on the calendar, it's 29 Oct however my last scan shows 16oct & when I ask the gynae, he says 29Oct but i'm so heavy already

@shabsrina
haha you are right..as long as healthy and developed baby most important. i am just worried if bb too big i need to c-sect. as i want to experience vaginal birth how is it like so i try to follow. indeed now im waddling. my funny colleagues are starting to imitate how i walk.. DUHZ. haha..

@beac
wa so coincident! ok lets all have a smooth and easy delivery on our big day!

do you girls look at the scan for the EDD or the initial 1st check-up when the nurses asked for your last mense & they calculate based on the due date calendar?

if based on the calendar, it's 29 Oct however my last scan shows 16oct & when I ask the gynae, he says 29Oct but i'm so heavy already

Yeah mine is 24th oct lor. But I guess maybe to play safe standby starting 12th oct cos my last scan shows that. I will ask my gynae when I see her next week!!! Haha.

Yeah mine is 24th oct lor. But I guess maybe to play safe standby starting 12th oct cos my last scan shows that. I will ask my gynae when I see her next week!!! Haha.
my hubby asked the doctor twice on the bi monthly check-up & he said, EDD is 29oct but if the baby doesn't wanna stay inside, even 3 months due also possible

Hi all mummies,

Just went for my routine check up with my gynae. Now 37 weeks 6 day, baby weight at 3.406kg. Started dilated for 1cm but my gynae said maybe can drag till next week. He's asking if I want to induce on this coming sun as baby may getting bigger on next week which I might have difficulty in natural birth if baby too big. May end up c sect? I don't want leh..any suggestion other mummies? We can't make decision on the spot as I would prefer everything goes naturally. So, we plan to go back check up with gynae agn on this sat morning. If still no further dilate, then we will decide our next move. Should I wait??

what a difference between the 2 dates. its about 14 days! then how are we supposed to prepare for our maternity leave? take 2 weeks in advance?

i am only only to go on maternity leave about 4 days before EDD... planning to maximise my time with my nb before gg back to work.

Kitty. Think u should look at ur glucose level after that 1 slice of bread. The key idea is not to let ur glucose level spike. You still need carbs for energy. My dietician then (when I had gestational diabetes) didn't ask me to cut carbo totally. But did suggest to reduce potion for each intake but eat more regularly; instead of 3 meals a day, take smaller portion each time but eat 5-6 times a day. Hope this helps.

For me I tried to eat cereal instead of bread for breakfast. But not those flavored cereal. Try weet-bix with nuts. V filling. But low in sugar. Takes awhile to get used to the taste. Cos v plain. So must out nuts.

View attachment 382314

I know it can be quite stressful to think about what to eat. Been through it before. Persevere ya? All for baby!

@popie,
Yeah! reduce food portion... doc tell me to eat only when i hungry... no need stick to 5-6 meals per day.... so i end up eating 4 meals per day:) blood glucose now under control....
Thanks for recommending the cereal:) i will try it... Else its pretty bored just to stick to bread most of the time...
Yes... perservere on... 1 more month to go... I going to week 35 tomolo... will go visit gynae on week 36... so excited and looking forward to the arrival of my little one...
journey is not easy... but all say it is worth...

first time mommy, expecting a boy.

hey mommies, please help. my belly button is not protuding and my stomach is more of flat and round. the people say usually this should be a girl. Boy is pointed and belly button definiitely will protude. got such thing to say one meh?

what a difference between the 2 dates. its about 14 days! then how are we supposed to prepare for our maternity leave? take 2 weeks in advance?

i am only only to go on maternity leave about 4 days before EDD... planning to maximise my time with my nb before gg back to work.
based on MOM, you are able to take 4 weeks before EDD in advance for the maternity

hey mommies, please help. my belly button is not protuding and my stomach is more of flat and round. the people say usually this should be a girl. Boy is pointed and belly button definiitely will protude. got such thing to say one meh?[/QUOTE]

@happymom2510,
I am expecting a gal:) my tummy is real round and belly button is not protruding... i have a colleg same case as me... but she is carrying a boy... trust the scan results ba...

Hi all mummies,

Just went for my routine check up with my gynae. Now 37 weeks 6 day, baby weight at 3.406kg. Started dilated for 1cm but my gynae said maybe can drag till next week. He's asking if I want to induce on this coming sun as baby may getting bigger on next week which I might have difficulty in natural birth if baby too big. May end up c sect? I don't want leh..any suggestion other mummies? We can't make decision on the spot as I would prefer everything goes naturally. So, we plan to go back check up with gynae agn on this sat morning. If still no further dilate, then we will decide our next move. Should I wait??

You can try to naturally induce if you want to avoid c-section. but want to keep it to natural birth. but the estimated weight you can give or take away 1-2kg so your baby might not be that big actually. Your doc is pro natural anot?

Do you use any essential oils? or you have any organic red raspberry tea?

hey mommies, please help. my belly button is not protuding and my stomach is more of flat and round. the people say usually this should be a girl. Boy is pointed and belly button definiitely will protude. got such thing to say one meh?

Dont have to worry la. that one is an old wise tale kinda thing. lol. weekly check up are when you are in your last month! :)

what is the essential oils or organic red raspberry tea for?

its all natural, essentials oil can help to induce birth, and can help you during labour. I plan to try it for my labour. #1 i didnt try.
the tea can also help to induce its all natural so dont have to worry about it.

Hi all mummies,

tom is my weekly check up,38 weeks/3 days,hopefuly d bb not too big,i guess my bbs weight will b same as urs.if doc wud tell me same thing as urs to induce few days after,i will do it so i can gve birth naturally also.rather than c-sec,how to push if d bb is too big also hehehehehe! Goodluck!kep us updated!!!

Hi Mummies,

Im currently at my 37th week. Baby girl is ard 2.5 to 2.7 kg. My height is 149cm. Due to my size, gynae mentioned that it is best to deliver before baby hits 3kg, otherwise may need to do a c-sect.

I just had my check up ytd, and my gynae checked for my dilation. It's lesser than 1 cm, so he push abit to aid the dilation. Since ytd i had quite a bit of bleeding. Was worried, we called the gynae but he said that its normal after the check up. But this afternoon, i still see a small brown patch.

Im really very worried now. Im a first time mom and have no idea how contraction feels like. Only know that tummy tighten easily throughout the day but its not painful. Did any of your gynae did this? Will it hurt the baby? The bleeding isnt a sign of labour right?

Thanks.

Hi Mummies,

Im currently at my 37th week. Baby girl is ard 2.5 to 2.7 kg. My height is 149cm. Due to my size, gynae mentioned that it is best to deliver before baby hits 3kg, otherwise may need to do a c-sect.

I just had my check up ytd, and my gynae checked for my dilation. It's lesser than 1 cm, so he push abit to aid the dilation. Since ytd i had quite a bit of bleeding. Was worried, we called the gynae but he said that its normal after the check up. But this afternoon, i still see a small brown patch.

Im really very worried now. Im a first time mom and have no idea how contraction feels like. Only know that tummy tighten easily throughout the day but its not painful. Did any of your gynae did this? Will it hurt the baby? The bleeding isnt a sign of labour right?

Thanks.

Mucus plug is a sign of labour. It has blood but it normally comes naturally. I don't know about your gynae pushing your cervix to "help dilation"? That doesn't sound too good for me... But if your discharge is not bright red blood that shld be fine. Brownish red like old blood is fine.

Contractions doesn't hv to be painful during first stage of labour. It will just tighten and loosen and tighten back. If you feel a lot of this strong type of tightening and loosening back and forth. Like maybe 10 time in 10-15mins you're probly beginning your labour alr. Something like that? Hope this help!!

You can try to naturally induce if you want to avoid c-section. but want to keep it to natural birth. but the estimated weight you can give or take away 1-2kg so your baby might not be that big actually. Your doc is pro natural anot?

Do you use any essential oils? or you have any organic red raspberry tea?

Hi beac, my gynae very supportive on natural birth instead of c sect. I heard ppl always said don't use induce & let the baby naturally come out better. Induce like something to force baby to come out when she/he is not fully ready. Hmmp.. Confused too. I got a friend recently just give birth under natural. She wait till full term at 40 weeks & baby weight at 3.456kg. She had quite bad tear & end up with few more stitches. Seems scary leh.. I hope I really can give birth this weekend or latest by next weekdays. Pray hard..

My #1 is rabbit girl & now my #2 is horse girl :)

Jus visited gynae for my weekly checkup~ baby weighs 3kg@37w3days.. dr say a bit on the big side.. swab test result back, all clear. done ctg too, baby heartbeat good! Baby head down for few months but not engaged yet. Still wanna play inside haha.. her daddy wans her to wait till 1st oct then cm.out..

Tis is my first child, a girl!

Oh yeah!
Who's having a baby boy and who's having a baby girl?

Haha. I shall start. I'm having baby boy, this is my #2. My #1 also boy :x hahaha.

Yayy! My #1 and also a boy! seems like this year all I've heard so far has been mostly baby boys conquering 2014. Haha.. :p

@shabsrina welcome to the forum.. im also same as u where my bb is close to 2.5kg at week34.. so worried that my bb will grow too big for me to be natural.. especially nowsaday i can eat alot to feel full.. haha..

Im having a boy.. my #1 :D

hi verine22. thanks! oh yah I'm rather worried too. My gynae seemed to be constantly giving me the impression that I might need to get ready for a c-sect as Im within the petite range but carrying a chubby baby. Pretty demoralized but I kept insisting that Im determined to go for an all natural labor. I even lost a kilo within 2 weeks due to controlling my diet but amazingly half of that went to my baby. -.- hahaha he eats all my food! h
Really really hoping I can go through a natural labor. *fingers crossed*

my initial scan was supposedly in early November, brought backwards and remained at October 28th instead. But based on last 3 scans, my EDD stated 2 weeks before 28th Oct. Varies between 10 -15 Oct. Gynae told me not to be kancheong as it's normal to be measured earlier since baby is big. So to be honest...I dont know what to expect.

Mucus plug is a sign of labour. It has blood but it normally comes naturally. I don't know about your gynae pushing your cervix to "help dilation"? That doesn't sound too good for me... But if your discharge is not bright red blood that shld be fine. Brownish red like old blood is fine.

Contractions doesn't hv to be painful during first stage of labour. It will just tighten and loosen and tighten back. If you feel a lot of this strong type of tightening and loosening back and forth. Like maybe 10 time in 10-15mins you're probly beginning your labour alr. Something like that? Hope this help!!

Thanks for the info beac! It was bright red blood yesterday. So im suspecting my gynae might have exert too much force during the check up ytd. :(

Hi Mummies,

Thanks.

My gynae will do the same way on me this sat if still no further dilate. As baby already on the big side.. During my #1, I have fresh bleeding too then ard 3-4 days heavy contraction & admitted hospital. So, I think u better get ready. Anytime u might be deliver.. Good luck ya!

Need not worry about tummy not round or pointy or belly button not protruding.

For me, I'll trust my gynae, so long the ultrasound scan is good, average weight and size, most importantly is baby growing in our tummy.

Back