Yamaha Violin Lesson

cj_mum

Any mummies send your 6yrs old kid to Yamaha? Is it good? Does your child pick up fast? Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi, I would like to know about this too. My boy is going to be 4 yo in Oct. had been with suzuki violin gp lesson since last year Nov.

going to have individual lesson after 1 yr gp lesson, i'm now looking for a good violin teacher who charges reasonable fee.
Thank you.

My neighbour also attended Yamaha. She has switched to another school in the Marine Parade area, after half a year. Go figure why....
happy.gif

Because its such a big school the standard of teachers vary. Her child is smart but learns very slowly and the lesson progress very slowly.

But to be fair have to assess your child's class teacher. Dont think every class is bad.

It is important to get the right teacher for our young ones. Some teachers are good at violin but not good at teaching. Some are not good with kids. So if anyone who knows teachers who are good with kids, pls post.

I have a 4 year old daughter who started learning violin (suzuki method) last September at Mac music school at Forum 12th level.
She is fortunate to be taught by the principal who is very good with kids. She is already playing her No. 14 song in the first Suzuki book. She will be proceeding to individual class after the end of this term.
If you wish to know more, do let me know.

CH,

wat time is the class that your gal is attending?
I just called up but they are offering me Fridays at 4pm... i am a FTWM... cannot make it
sad.gif

good teachers usually go private - some yamaha group lesson(jmc/jxc) teachers are really good and they are usually full. From what i have heard and seen, music schools tend to have young teachers who are starting out to gain experience - there will definitely be good ones in them but one may need to think how long he/she is going to stay with the school before going the solo route....

Hi Mummies,

If you have any contact for violin teachers who are willing to travel to the student's house, kindly help to post their contact in this thread. Tks!

Hi Wan Wan & Mummies,

I'm a full time violin teacher who travel to students' homes.
My students are children from aged 4 and above and adults. Nowadays, I would try my best to organise yearly recital for the students to gain experience.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] or sms me at 90039490 for any enquiries.
Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Caitlin,

I recall you mentioned that you only travel to student's house at the east? Do you travel to other area other than East?

Hi Wan Wan,
The areas that i normally travel to is within the East area, eg Kallang, Katong, Bedok. However I do travel to Bendemeer, Potong Pasir, Kovan etc. It depends on the timing and schedule. As for the west area etc, I can most likely try to ask the other violin teacher friend.

Hi Caitlin,
Could I check if you know any violin shop that is reliable and sell good violin? I intend to get my son a new violin and hopefully a better one and yet reasonable price. Could you help to recommend some shops that you know? Thanks!

yamaha violin teaching stick to suzuki method nowadays ,they are keen on setting up group violin course.however ,progress seemly is not fast ,and teacher has no enough stamina to watch out every students' problem .

anyone who wants to learn violin private ,pls feel free to call me up at 94575882, experienced female violin teacher. east area .commited and patient ,kind with children ,understanding with adult,flexible timing,and objective-oriented teaching style ,stress on foundamental techniques and habit-making for a long term run, meanwhile remain interest.

Pls do not engage Joanne Chiew as a private music tcher. She is unscrupulous and capitalise on parent's music ignorance and registers children in unaccredited and unrecognised music exam brd in Msia. She is currently a musc tcher in Sonare music sch in sengkang. It's a scam. Beware.

Back