Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi all, a day before the BT, I did a clearblue digital which shows 2-3 weeks pregnant, beta on 13/8 at 942.6, within the beta readings of clearblue digital. I did another clearblue digital test on 18/8, it's still showing 2-3 weeks. I'm worried that my hcg is not doubling well. Now that I'm in my 5th week counting from ET, I dun feel much symptoms already except tummy bloatedness prob caused by the progesterone meds. I was still feeling very tired on 17/8, now not really... No other symptoms... Is this normal??

Yes bed rest .. the gynae said the spotting is old blood.
Pepper, do take care, remember total bed rest n no more ice cold water or ice cream.....I have been hospitalization leave since 25 june till now due to threaten miscarriage, now weekly need return to clinic for utrogestan jab on the butt......

NgYL, our edd around the date!! I'm also still coughing since before ER till now. 2 weeks ago got fever some more. I have gone for 2 scans so far. Next week seeing gynae again. Hope everything smooth smooth for all of us.
Went for my 2nd appointment with Dr Tan HH yesterday. The EDD remains 20 Mar'15. Will be going for my First Trimester Screening aka Oscar Test on 10 Sep. What about u? Are u still taking any medicine for your cough? I was feeling very hot last night, so scared that fever is coming soon. Yes let's pray that everything will be smooth for all of us!

All the best in your next cycle pupnui! Are u seeing any TCM? Go see one if u have not. I feel it really helps in improving my body.

I visited SGH and was given progesterone jab. Im classified as high risk pregnancy with too many issues.
Thank God it's old blood. Yes please stay bed rest and stop drinking cold water! I too love to eat cold stuff but stop doing that after I'm pregnant.

It since like SGH is better the KKH

SGH IVF Care Centre has more follow ups than KKH... after I bfp, I have to go weekly HCG beta bloodtest until the IVF dr cleared me when beta crossed 10000+ (even after my first scan)

Hi all, a day before the BT, I did a clearblue digital which shows 2-3 weeks pregnant, beta on 13/8 at 942.6, within the beta readings of clearblue digital. I did another clearblue digital test on 18/8, it's still showing 2-3 weeks. I'm worried that my hcg is not doubling well. Now that I'm in my 5th week counting from ET, I dun feel much symptoms already except tummy bloatedness prob caused by the progesterone meds. I was still feeling very tired on 17/8, now not really... No other symptoms... Is this normal??

Hi @tsf0205 , stay positive and cool...dont read too much into the symptoms cos different ppl has different symptoms... if HCG is not doubling in two days, the numbers may jumped bigger in the coming days. The most important symptom is not to have spotting which required more attention... so keep taking your progesterone meds and have a relax mind, wait for your first scan soon... And stop testing on HPT...

Pepper, do take care, remember total bed rest n no more ice cold water or ice cream.....I have been hospitalization leave since 25 june till now due to threaten miscarriage, now weekly need return to clinic for utrogestan jab on the butt......

How do you prevent aching from too much bed rest? Im so stiff every part of my body and aches from lying down too much.

Hmmm I cant remember her name..think its dr yang. Yes, i feel that SGH is more cautious which at least they gave me the progresterone jab. And they checked at least 3x with me - do i wanna be admitted for observation. However, KKH standard ans to me is - pls go 24 hours clinic. Sorry we cannot bring forward your appointment.

And i also need the care of a haemotologist in SGH which KKH doesnt has one.

Oh how can it be that KK doesn't have haemotologist. I'm sure they deal with high risk pregnancy as well. Weird.

Anyway I gave birth to my first child in SGH. Their service is very good.

Oh how can it be that KK doesn't have haemotologist. I'm sure they deal with high risk pregnancy as well. Weird.

Anyway I gave birth to my first child in SGH. Their service is very good.

Ya thats what KKH told me. And my gynae at kkh also told me to go SGH as well cause its her first time shes coming across so early into pregnancy having dvt. Plus i do not have family history of dvt.

Im looking forward to SGH for answer and solutions.

Went for my 2nd appointment with Dr Tan HH yesterday. The EDD remains 20 Mar'15. Will be going for my First Trimester Screening aka Oscar Test on 10 Sep. What about u? Are u still taking any medicine for your cough? I was feeling very hot last night, so scared that fever is coming soon. Yes let's pray that everything will be smooth for all of us!

I'm seeing my gynae again next week. Likely doing oscar on 8 Sep. Previously took antibiotics phelgm reduced and cough improved but this week came back again and coughing very badly now with sore throat. I took leftos pills for throat imflamation. I still have cough syrup but didn't really drink as it doesn't help much. Are you feeling better?

Hi Pepper, I'm also with SGH. Which gynae are you seeing? SGH is very cautious when it comes to ivf patients. I also had a bleeding scare when I was 6 weeks. SGH will do blood test every week to check hormones until gynae feels ok. Touchwood if any emergency during office hour like bleeding or pain can go direct to their labour ward for scanning and monitoring. No need to go O&G or A&E.

My gynae is Tan Lay Kok - just checked. Hopefully he is good.

hi, I am new here... I am waiting for my menses to come so that I can start the IVF.
I have questions to ask...
1. we see the gynae on the first day of menses?
2. the 7-10days jab to be done on 2nd day menses onwards?
3. the extraction of eggs usually is between day 10-16?

I'm seeing my gynae again next week. Likely doing oscar on 8 Sep. Previously took antibiotics phelgm reduced and cough improved but this week came back again and coughing very badly now with sore throat. I took leftos pills for throat imflamation. I still have cough syrup but didn't really drink as it doesn't help much. Are you feeling better?
Try gaggle with salt water (warm) every morning and every night. That worked for me when I had sore throat.

Pepper and doraemon, take good care and press on! U will see better days ahead once beanie hits the end of trimester 1! :)

hi, I am new here... I am waiting for my menses to come so that I can start the IVF.
I have questions to ask...
1. we see the gynae on the first day of menses?
2. the 7-10days jab to be done on 2nd day menses onwards?
3. the extraction of eggs usually is between day 10-16?
Technically correct.. But it also depends which hospital you are with..you will not see your own gynea in Kkh during the process till er and et. Nuh.. You will see your gynea throughout.

Hi @mosburger... I'm fine... Just went to see my gynae for the review of my MC report... He say might be the embryo have problem... He scan my uterus recover le... So he say I can start my FET after 2 months...

How are you so far?
Good to know u've recovered. :)

Do take good care and eat well for the next cycle! I think ur chances are great if u got pregnant before! Keep ur spirits up! Jiayou! :)

I went for 2nd appt recently. I am very relieved beanie grew coz it was too small to see the last time. I have been having very bad MS and bad abdominal cramps. Dr. Lau said my uterus was expanding and tearing a wound at my right ovary. The right ovary didn't recover very well after ER. I get frightened whenever I have sharp pain.

Hi, I'm new to this chat. I'm with kkh dr sadhana and was given a bfp on 20/8 with hcg 1026.9. Anxiously waiting for my first scan on 2 sept. I'm cramping on and off, either way are unnerving when I felt something and when I felt nothing. IMO the wait for the scan is worse than 2ww.

I hope someone can advise the following:

1. Anyone changed to pte gynae after bfp thru govt hosp? Cost and support wise any difference?
2. What is the safe type of fish to consume during this period?

Thanks much in advance.

Snowyyflakes.. Understand the anxiety that you have with the pain and cramp.. We have such a hard time to conceive, a bit of problem will scare us off!

I am still seeing Pte and gov. Reason being that my Pte recommend me to the gov, and since I conceive through gov, I need assurance that I can fall back on them when anything happen.

Cannot take grouper and mackerel. I am taking the rest of the fishes in moderation. If you do not have morning sickness, do take fish oil.

Hi, I'm new to this chat. I'm with kkh dr sadhana and was given a bfp on 20/8 with hcg 1026.9. Anxiously waiting for my first scan on 2 sept. I'm cramping on and off, either way are unnerving when I felt something and when I felt nothing. IMO the wait for the scan is worse than 2ww.

I hope someone can advise the following:

1. Anyone changed to pte gynae after bfp thru govt hosp? Cost and support wise any difference?
2. What is the safe type of fish to consume during this period?

Thanks much in advance.
I refer to this list on what fish to eat or not to eat:
http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

I still have cramps on and off too. It could be ovaries still swollen or uterus expanding so tugging the ovaries. So long as u are not spotting or bleeding, dun worry too much. U need to keep a positive and happy mindset for beanie to grow well. :)

hi experienced mummies.. how's your bb weight for your #1? i read ivf babies tend to weigh less. my friend's bb is 2.5kg which is conceived via ivf.

hi experienced mummies.. how's your bb weight for your #1? i read ivf babies tend to weigh less. my friend's bb is 2.5kg which is conceived via ivf.

erm i dont think its has got to do with IVF or not!. My first child not IVF she is out at 37.5 weeks weighing 2.6kg.

My friend who has an IVF boy, who weigh a whopping 3.8kg at 40weeks.

Any one gets turned off by the smell of food due to MS? Can share ur experience?

I throw up yellowish bitter water coz it's so difficult to even swallow plain water.

Any one gets turned off by the smell of food due to MS? Can share ur experience?

I throw up yellowish bitter water coz it's so difficult to even swallow plain water.

some of the preggy mummy mixed lemon juice/honey (small bit) in water just to avoid swallow plain water...

Hope42014, sorry for my bad memory but are u the mummy who has been seeing kkh gynae and pte gynae concurrently?

Any idea what reports do I ask the nurse at kkh to photocopy and how do I ask?

I have not ask for photocopy yet. Your private dr ask for it?
Hope42014, I was asked to bring copies of my fertility treatment records and test results (e.g. blood test results). But someone I know in real life who did ivf in KKH too told me the nurse normally obliges to photocopy only if the patient closes the case in KKH to transfer out. At least that was what happened in my friend's situation.

I have yet to decide to close case and transfer out. I want to compare and get second opinion for the time being, then decide later.

Hope42014, I was asked to bring copies of my fertility treatment records and test results (e.g. blood test results). But someone I know in real life who did ivf in KKH too told me the nurse normally obliges to photocopy only if the patient closes the case in KKH to transfer out. At least that was what happened in my friend's situation.

I have yet to decide to close case and transfer out. I want to compare and get second opinion for the time being, then decide later.

You can ask the doctor to write you a referral letter with history of your medical records. Tell them you are seeking a second opinion.

I had no issues getting the doctor giving me all my records. The nurse will have to oblige once the doctor agrees. The medical journal is yours anyway.

Hi all, new to this thread. I just went for my 1st scan today at KKH and it's twins! Mixed feeling of happiness and doubts as it is considered high risk and chances of premature. Currently about 6 weeks only and on progesterone and folic acid pills that's all. Any advice on what I can take and what to expect? I'm totally clueless now. ;)

Congrats @Snowyyflakes ! Seems like a lot of twins mummy for the next year.

If you do not have morning sickness, then take fish oil... eat more nuts / fishes/ fruits... wholegrains...

Currently in Wk 14.. going to wk 15 tomorrow... Sigh.. I thought that my nausea has left me.. but it will return with revenge whenever I thought it is gone... My belly is getting bigger and brief started to roll down liao.... Today have so much aching in my uterus... wondering whether it is cramp or ache.

If you do not have morning sickness, then take fish oil... eat more nuts / fishes/ fruits... wholegrains...

Currently in Wk 14.. going to wk 15 tomorrow... Sigh.. I thought that my nausea has left me.. but it will return with revenge whenever I thought it is gone... My belly is getting bigger and brief started to roll down liao.... Today have so much aching in my uterus... wondering whether it is cramp or ache.

uterus will keep expanding to accomodate your growing baby so you will feel crampy and arching every few days/weeks...

May i check what type of fish oil to take? Now im only taking folic acid. This week its my week 9

I was browsing through the IVF thread... hopefully all bfps will go through an uneventful pregnancy in the next 9 months! *pray*

May i check what type of fish oil to take? Now im only taking folic acid. This week its my week 9

I am taking regular fish oil with DHA, I have been taking even before preggy.

Usually those preggy-DHA are more expensive... like $50-60 for one month supply

Get those fish oil tested mercury free.. With dha. I'm also drinking magnolia milk with dha..

I discover that when I eat food that is not fresh.. I will auto vomit.. Very good switching system.. Haha.

A lot of people comment that I seem to slim down.. Guess it is due to the nausea.. So face get slimmer.. Tummy get bigger..

I have been discussing with my hubby on confinement lady during cny. It is really costly.. Friends all commented should get.. But my family think that it is too ex.. Should just save it and let hubby do all the washing and cleaning of baby whilst getting a part time helper for household work. Sigh.. Such a headache.. Don't know which option better..

Get those fish oil tested mercury free.. With dha. I'm also drinking magnolia milk with dha..

I discover that when I eat food that is not fresh.. I will auto vomit.. Very good switching system.. Haha.

A lot of people comment that I seem to slim down.. Guess it is due to the nausea.. So face get slimmer.. Tummy get bigger..

I have been discussing with my hubby on confinement lady during cny. It is really costly.. Friends all commented should get.. But my family think that it is too ex.. Should just save it and let hubby do all the washing and cleaning of baby whilst getting a part time helper for household work. Sigh.. Such a headache.. Don't know which option better..

Do you have other help besides DH to take care of baby. And if you two are comfortable with new born care...Its quite doable without confinement lady but it will be better to have extra pair of hands to help you out!

Hope42014, I hvn't decided whether or not to get confinement lady. My husband doesn't like the idea of a stranger staying with us. My MIL declared she won't help me with confinement, asked me go get my mother to help. My mother has some health issues, I also dun want to trouble her too much. My husband intends to use his paternity leave, the 1-week shared parental leave and his annual leave help me but I'm worried if he is up to it. He has been working overseas and this is our first baby. He is not even able to attend any antenatal classes with me. I prefer to give birth in sg so thinking abt attending antenatal classes here. I think we are gg to be in trouble later.

I think you should get a day time confinement lady.. I keep worrying that both of us will get panic attack when the baby just arrive.. I might consider a 2 weeks day time confinement lady. Plus another part time helper.

I have another thought and feel that my mum will come and help me thou she does not want to commit now. If she help.. Then I worry about conflict with my husband.. Cos my mum is those old generation who keep grumbling.

Hope42014, I hvn't decided whether or not to get confinement lady. My husband doesn't like the idea of a stranger staying with us. My MIL declared she won't help me with confinement, asked me go get my mother to help. My mother has some health issues, I also dun want to trouble her too much. My husband intends to use his paternity leave, the 1-week shared parental leave and his annual leave help me but I'm worried if he is up to it. He has been working overseas and this is our first baby. He is not even able to attend any antenatal classes with me. I prefer to give birth in sg so thinking abt attending antenatal classes here. I think we are gg to be in trouble later.

antenatal class focus mainly on pre-baby care for mothers...some hospital will have a short new born care sessions conducted during your stay there...

Back