any 35 and above trying for their first?

Hi ladies,
I am back after short hiatus. Just wanna update that I have seen my SGH gynae. She doesn't seem keen on doing IUI for me because she felt is a waste of $ because my hubby's sperm count is low. SIGH. Nevertheless, I will get my hubby to do another SA test and let doc determine if we should proceed with our second IUI. Doc more keen on me doing IVF but I really dislike those injections and so afraid for another rash episode! But I also KS so I signed up for IVF counselling in Oct. Oh my, I really wanna pray hard that my hubby's SA can turn out good and we can do natural IUI instead.

Babysparkles your next is fresh or FET? keeping fingers crossed for ya.

Oceandeep, hope the SA result improves!

Hi ladies,
I am back after short hiatus. Just wanna update that I have seen my SGH gynae. She doesn't seem keen on doing IUI for me because she felt is a waste of $ because my hubby's sperm count is low. SIGH. Nevertheless, I will get my hubby to do another SA test and let doc determine if we should proceed with our second IUI. Doc more keen on me doing IVF but I really dislike those injections and so afraid for another rash episode! But I also KS so I signed up for IVF counselling in Oct. Oh my, I really wanna pray hard that my hubby's SA can turn out good and we can do natural IUI instead.
Hi, hope yr hubby sa results improves in e 2nd sa. But i heard tt sa results need 3 months interval to have difference. In e meantime, u may want to try some multivits for him to improve his soldiers. It works for some pp. All e best.

Hi all, back after being MIA for a while..hehehe, wen TCM (Tong Ji) recently and was asked to do some test before can determine how the treatment should go. First time went to the TCM, felt kena slap in the face when was told base on my condition, my chances was half, but now cos of other things my chances of getting preggie is even lower, felt like I'm being given a death penalty. Ask not to give up, how not to when you're being told in the face like that? haiz....

Hi darkrain can you share why did the sinseh say that? I mean what health issues are you facing currently. Hope you don't mind sharing

Hi darkrain can you share why did the sinseh say that? I mean what health issues are you facing currently. Hope you don't mind sharing
Hi redval, cos 1st time going so I told them my medical history including times I was with Dr. Loh, I'm not sure if she heard me wrong or I didn't make myself clear, previously I did HSG with NUH & realize 1 side of my tube was blocked, Dr. Loh did a lap operation Jan this year to fix the problem, and was told I'm those with lots of eggs but it just don't ovulate (not sure what's the medical term for such problems), did IUI around may or june this year, ends up is failed. so thought go TCM to tiao, tell me this, feel super disheartened...

Ehhh...your condition is rather common I must say. Moreover you've already cleared your blocked tube. Maybe need some help like clomid to ovulate. Your egg reserve sounds good. Many ladies of your condition do get bfp what. So I don't know what nonsense your tcm is saying. But unless he reads your pulse and there might be undiscovered conditions.

Ehhh...your condition is rather common I must say. Moreover you've already cleared your blocked tube. Maybe need some help like clomid to ovulate. Your egg reserve sounds good. Many ladies of your condition do get bfp what. So I don't know what nonsense your tcm is saying. But unless he reads your pulse and there might be undiscovered conditions.
I just find total rubbish when the TCM say that, anyway she ask me to run some tests as the test i did previously may not be accurate, never heard such things so am waiting for the test results before going to the tcm again....at the same time, I'm also wondering if clomid can be bought in pharmacy, taking temperature every morning too, so far not that fantastic either....

Oh I remember someone told me testosterone test can be asked for female. Yes it's a male hormone but can be in woman's body. But if the level is too high, may mean infertility issue (eg PCOS etc).

Oh ok, I'm supposed to do another 2 (I think) test, but it can only be done day 2 of period....never knew TCM have to see the test results before can determine how it gonna start.

Im also surprised your TCM wanna see so many things. So far those I've seen never asked for report le. I did bfp from the first sinseh. (ended mc).

Im also surprised your TCM wanna see so many things. So far those I've seen never asked for report le. I did bfp from the first sinseh. (ended mc).

Ya, I dreaded it when was told need to do some test but I guess with the test might be easier to determine where the problem lies and get down to treatment? And also the TCM said the test results might differ if we do few months ago, again, never hear got such thinigs...hahahaha. There was a test I did in 2012 at NUH, I just did the test again in case ask me to do, and also I think the results won't be that accurate comparing now and 2 yrs ago.

Hello sorry to interupt.

It is true that results may differ between 2012 to 2014. I did scans and stuff in 2012 but TCM told me to redo it if possible. Its not a must but best to do. 2012 results very good. All clear, but this year Jan i went to do test again, then got abit of problems. According to TCM, for men, every 3 mths their SA results will change. My hubby did last your in Jul then this year Jul we did again. There is so much difference!

Some stuff TCM needs to see report as reading pulse cannot detect problems like blockage. The current TCM i went to did not ask for hormones profile test (CD2 blood test). Seems like no need but i told him i may wanna do if still not preg the next cycle. I only gave my TCM all my KKH test results like detailed scan, ovarian reserve (unfortunately not so ideal) :( , HSG.

Hello sorry to interupt.

It is true that results may differ between 2012 to 2014. I did scans and stuff in 2012 but TCM told me to redo it if possible. Its not a must but best to do. 2012 results very good. All clear, but this year Jan i went to do test again, then got abit of problems. According to TCM, for men, every 3 mths their SA results will change. My hubby did last your in Jul then this year Jul we did again. There is so much difference!

Some stuff TCM needs to see report as reading pulse cannot detect problems like blockage. The current TCM i went to did not ask for hormones profile test (CD2 blood test). Seems like no need but i told him i may wanna do if still not preg the next cycle. I only gave my TCM all my KKH test results like detailed scan, ovarian reserve (unfortunately not so ideal) :( , HSG.

Ya, that's what the TCM said, said the test I did half a year ago or 3mths ago not very accurate so is best I can redo the test.....

This ttc journey has been bleeding our accounts every month. I spent about 5k from Jan till now. Inclusive of d&c deducted from medisave.

Wah i don't dare to count. From tcm to pills to vits to fertility treatment and our 2 failed ivf, I think chao chao 30k at least.

Last edited:
ya, I dare not go calculate but then if by going through all these and there's gd news, all these I felt is worth it. Cos after the baby is born, the expense will be double till the kid's 21 yrs old...hahahaha....kidding. Recently I read the story of Fann Wong & Christopher Lee of the hardships while trying for bb, nearly cry cos what she went thru is exactly what I'm going through. Just hope all of us are as lucky as her soon.

we counted cos we need to set aside money. Haiz.....if go IUI or IVF lagi more money needed.

Hopefully BFP soon! baby baby faster come come!!

we counted cos we need to set aside money. Haiz.....if go IUI or IVF lagi more money needed.

Hopefully BFP soon! baby baby faster come come!!

I did IUI in June, cost me estimated 2k plus, dare not think of IVF, though we can use medisave to pay but it's definitely more costly than IUI.

ya, I dare not go calculate but then if by going through all these and there's gd news, all these I felt is worth it. Cos after the baby is born, the expense will be double till the kid's 21 yrs old...hahahaha....kidding. Recently I read the story of Fann Wong & Christopher Lee of the hardships while trying for bb, nearly cry cos what she went thru is exactly what I'm going through. Just hope all of us are as lucky as her soon.
hey babe where did u read about their story?

I did IUI in June, cost me estimated 2k plus, dare not think of IVF, though we can use medisave to pay but it's definitely more costly than IUI.

HUH!! But IUI the success rate not that good right?? :(

I have an appointment with KKH at end Sept. They say if i dun conceive by then, will have to start me on clomid (I dun want cos I know i can ovulate properly!)

I feel sad because I didn't choose to marry so late but only met the right one in my 30s. If I got married in my 20s, I doubt we'll have all these issues!

I gotta pray hard for my hubby's SA test and my own test to check for my ovarian reserve. Feeling numb sometimes cause always disappointed time after time.

Cannot think that way hey....perhaps things will be different if we have married earlier but I truly believe that if I didn't wait and marry someone else, I wouldn't have met my hubby as perfect as this one!

Go where and read this?

oh, why didn't I meet my hubby when I was in my 20s haha...feeling emo.
However, I agree that even if I met my hubby in my 20s, things will still change.

Hi frenchbulldog,how r u doing? Did u choose day5 or day 3 transfer in e end?
Hi Connie, I am fine~
ER on 26th Aug; ET on 28th Aug.
(21eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen)
ImageUploadedByForum1409404341.207840.jpg

Connie, were you at TFC on 28th Aug? I heard nurse was talking to a short hair lady named Connie. ;)
Hi frenchbulldog, redvel is right,i am with kkh currently for consultation. Glad to hear from you, last lap to bfp le,all e best! Me Still havent decide in final who to go for 2nd try of ivf actually. Dr loh didnt suggest day5 for you since u got so many eggs? For et,how long did u lie down after et at tmc?did tmc drain e urine for u or u go tiolet n flush e urine out?

Hi frenchbulldog, redvel is right,i am with kkh currently for consultation. Glad to hear from you, last lap to bfp le,all e best! Me Still havent decide in final who to go for 2nd try of ivf actually. Dr loh didnt suggest day5 for you since u got so many eggs? For et,how long did u lie down after et at tmc?did tmc drain e urine for u or u go tiolet n flush e urine out?
Hi Connie, nurse told me that Dr. Loh prefer transfer day2 embryos, because the safest place is womb. After ET, lie down about 15mins then get up and go to toilet, then go back home liao.

hey babe where did u read about their story?

HUH!! But IUI the success rate not that good right?? :(

I have an appointment with KKH at end Sept. They say if i dun conceive by then, will have to start me on clomid (I dun want cos I know i can ovulate properly!)

I did my 1st IUI and it turns out failed. My sis in law's classmate did IUI 4 times before it finally succeed. She share with me that normally 1st time won't really succeed.

Why first time won't succeed Huh? I feel my gynae not keen to do for me cause of the SA result. She thinks go straight to IVF.

Why first time won't succeed Huh? I feel my gynae not keen to do for me cause of the SA result. She thinks go straight to IVF.
Oceandeep, personally I’ve never considered IUI because I think the success rate is quite low. I mean although I’m still struggling with IVF, I find IUI may be even more struggling for me. My doc is also on the same side that I should jump onto IVF and don’t need to think about IUI.
But then, for me mainly it’s my age as she doesn’t want me to waste time on IUI.

If one’s SA is not so good, IUI may not be appropriate. For IVF, male factor is pretty much eliminated as it has the technology to pick the best soldiers out of the lot.

So what’s your next move?

Back