(2015/04) April 2015 Jubilee Babies

Hello All.
First of all, congratulations!
I just found out that I'm pregnant this week. I should be able w5 now.
I think I have PCOS, so doc put me on 3 cycles of Clomid but I hit jackpot on the first cycle!

Unfortunately, I'm kinda an alien, I don have FB so I hope we could keep this thread alive. Accordingly to my calculation, my EDD should be 30 April, last day of April. So I just made it! LOL.

I had a m/c last Dec and had been trying to conceive ever since then.

Some times I can't help but to feel that things really all happen at the same time, whether you want them to, or not.
I was trying to conceive earlier partly because so that I know I'm secured in my company. But unfortunately the pregnancy didn't happen earlier and I got made redundant by my company 2 months ago. I'm currently unemployed and I found myself pregnant. =( My hubby is rather supportive after knowing that m/c can happen so easily and it's really not easy to conceive. But at the same time I also want to be employed while I'm pregnant so that I can enjoy the maternity benefits and not having to worry financially. But now, I'm kinda in a lost. I am sending out CVs and going for interviews. But I'm afraid if it starts to show and I've not gotten a job I think i'll be jobless for the next 12months, with the baby coming along - that's if it survive throughout!

Hi SYnLC.. 8th week! Wow. Mine started off with day sickness. Now evening till i hv soupy dinner. My morning routine when i wake up: 2 dates & 1 banana with cereal (honey stars/koko krunch). As for the rest of the day, plain crackers, cereals again, bread & cheese (if im feeling lucky). 3 or 4ish: 2nd banana. Dinner: meehoon soup. Why i started off my mornings with banana cos i read it helps with MS. Plus its good! I love dates as it is sweet. Everyone tells me during this period, eat wat u can. As long as u take your folic acid & milk, it will b ok. Trial & error to see what your body can accept. Hope this helps!
Hello All.
I think I have PCOS, so doc put me on 3 cycles of Clomid but I hit jackpot on the first cycle!

Unfortunately, I'm kinda an alien, I don have FB so I hope we could keep this thread alive. Accordingly to my calculation, my EDD should be 30 April, last day of April. So I just made it! LOL.

Some times I can't help but to feel that things really all happen at the same time, whether you want them to, or not.
I was trying to conceive earlier partly because so that I know I'm secured in my company. But unfortunately the pregnancy didn't happen earlier and I got made redundant by my company 2 months ago. I'm currently unemployed and I found myself pregnant. =( My hubby is rather supportive after knowing that m/c can happen so easily and it's really not easy to conceive. But at the same time I also want to be employed while I'm pregnant so that I can enjoy the maternity benefits and not having to worry financially. But now, I'm kinda in a lost. I am sending out CVs and going for interviews. But I'm afraid if it starts to show and I've not gotten a job I think i'll be jobless for the next 12months, with the baby coming along - that's if it survive throughout!
Hi there.. Congrats!!
Don't be stressed over the jobless status ok? I am sure you would be able to do some part time or temp jobs during this period. I also just gotten a new job when I realised I am pregnant. Alrdy going to start in 2 weeks and I also don't know how my new company is going to take it. Worst case scenario, my hubby asked me to stay home for a few years 1st. I understand where you coming from cos I also worried about my financial independence if I stop working. However, I realised all these unnecessary worrying makes me feel very miserable. I am just going to take each step as it comes. I will talk to my new boss after I started work and see how he/she reacts. I am sure you can do it. I have quite a few friends who quitted once they are pregnant and are enjoying every moment of motherhood.

No worry. Am oso unemployed n was since last August. Juz enjoy your pregnancy n rest well. Otherwise, try get a temp or part time job.

Yup. Unemployed here too! Actually i got a part time teaching job but had to reject! Sad but well, sacrifice. I dont have facebook, but i do skype. So anyone skypes, let me know! Hahaha...

Hi there.. Congrats!!
Don't be stressed over the jobless status ok? I am sure you would be able to do some part time or temp jobs during this period. I also just gotten a new job when I realised I am pregnant. Alrdy going to start in 2 weeks and I also don't know how my new company is going to take it. Worst case scenario, my hubby asked me to stay home for a few years 1st. I understand where you coming from cos I also worried about my financial independence if I stop working. However, I realised all these unnecessary worrying makes me feel very miserable. I am just going to take each step as it comes. I will talk to my new boss after I started work and see how he/she reacts. I am sure you can do it. I have quite a few friends who quitted once they are pregnant and are enjoying every moment of motherhood.
Hello All.

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt here. I chanced upon this thread even though I am in March group :) I was having a full time job earlier this year but it was too stressful and worked till late everyday. So I quit my job for more work life balance and also trying to conceive. I found a part-time job before I was pregnant. Although I don't have Maternity Leave, but at least it helps abit in my own expenses and some income so that my hubby won't be so strained financially. Sometimes I do feel upset too when I made the comparison in the past I could draw this much of salary but now so pathetic but I agree with jazzysou1 that we have to think positive and dun stress BB inside. I believe I can find a full time job next year after my confinement. So let's hang on and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Hi there.. Congrats!!

Hihi, of course it's normal to be stressed but there's too much unknowns so might as well as focus on giving the little one in you the best that you can. Honestly, I know what you mean abt the financial worries, I'm working and yet, I'm also worried! But we all do our best. Try parttime and temp first. At least it's small income and that will help, :) and your main job now is to care for your unborn child.

Hello All.

Hi there, I'm fr feb thread instead but happen to read ur post since I'm having insomnia from indigestion... Lol..

I'm also unemployed and there's a few mums to be whom I know are currently not working too..

Left my new job barely three months and like few days after marriage as it was kind of stressful.. I forego all benefits as well.. But that's the best decision I've made because I wanted to start a family and didn't know that it's actually not easy trying to conceive and how vulnerable pregnancy can be until I join this forum.. My baby didn't come easy as I found that I have low ovarian reserve.. so glad that I was able to conceive naturally shortly.. But me too undergone a period of crying over the bad result..

Morning symptoms were bad with nausea bloatedness vomiting at night and insomnia from all the stomach churning have accompanied me even though I'm now into second tri.. So I'm glad that I didn't have manage to find any job because I doubt I can handle it mentally having to handle the stress of new job and all these symptoms..

Money can always be earned back later..just enjoy the time you have now and your pregnancy of course even though it may come with MS which is not very enjoyable!

And i salute all the working mums here for being able to endure all these and having to work!

hello all, I tested positive a few weeks ago and I'm 6 weeks today. Seeing gynae this week for first checkup!
First time mummy - both excited and nervous :eek:
Anyone experiencing morning sickness at 6weeks? I am!

Hi mylilsheep. Yr 2015 sheep year right? Haha. Well, i was like you. Unable to scan the baby. Sent me for blood test and a pelvis scan... and 2 weeks later, u will b able to c the little one (looks like a blob) with the heart beating. Doc will explain to u. So if you have any worries, dont! My LMP was 5july. Its really too early to scan out.

Hi Ariana,
Yeah... next year 2015 is sheep year.
I am supposed to have little horse this year, but unfortunately i lost it very early in 5-6 weeks early this year. Last time, I can see the sac at 4 weeks but using transvaginal ultrasound. This time my gynae using transabdominal ultrasound, so the picture a bit blur. But yesterday my gynae confirmed that my baby is in my womb. Gynae just worried if I have ectopic pregnancy. Due to previous m/c, gynae ask me to come down every 2 weeks especially in my first trisemester.

Hi All,

Thanks for your encouragement. And yes I have acknowledge that babies are hard to come by, for some of us.
I had a m/c at 5 weeks in Dec 2013, was kinda disappointed by it. If i think back, i should have given birth and now possibly already 1 month old. After that my gynae said I possibly have PCOS based on the appearance of my ovaries during the scans, which means harder to conceive naturally.

To be honest, I've not thought of myself not working when I am pregnant, but I suspect I got pregnant partly bcos I'm not working, resting a lot and not stressed out at work. You know how things happen when you least expect them? I can't help but to worry though. 1 income instead of 2, and additional financial needs are required for a baby's arrival.

I am currently sending CVs out and going for interview (sorry if I might be repeating myself) but i'll just continue to do what I know and cross the bridge when I get there. Say if I were to be offered a job, by then which week of the pregnancy would I be at. I guess I'm not confident to declare my pregnancy just yet, especially not at the start at the interviewing stage. I hope if I were to get a job, and only choose to declare it at 3rd or 4th month, they wouldn't think I've been leading them on from the start. I'm just going to stick to "light work" (I hope) - something like administrative instead of being to ambitious now.

If I don't get a job in September, I think it's going to be harder and harder later. We might just have to make some changes in lifestyles and all. Well, at least for the next 12months or so.

I've yet to tell anyone about my pregnancy, so you wonderful ladies are my confidants! I really appreciate you here hearing me out. I've not told my parents nor my in laws or my friends. After what happened in Dec 2013, I felt that if things don't turn out well and there are people who knew about my pregnancy, it's really tiring having to explain, etc. So me and hubby has agreed to only announce after it's stable and maybe after a few tests, etc. May I know by which week I would have most of the important tests/scans done? Like to test the health of the baby, etc?

If I'm not wrong, I should be in Week 6 now, from here, what symptoms might I expect to experience? I feel normal, which I felt the same back in Dec 2013, I didn't had much symptoms and I'm worried. Bcos they say the more symptoms u feel, the more pregnant you are. I don't feel pregnant at all. I just positively hoping that I'm one of those lucky mums that do not experience much symptoms throughout the whole pregnancy but yet still able to give birth to a healthy baby. But yet at the same time I'm concern, even my gynae mentioned about it the last time that I didn't had much symptoms. She said a healthy pregnancy should have symptoms. =( Now the days are passing SLOWER..... When my concern was looking for a job, the days passed so fast before I know it I'm jobless for 2 months. Now it's more like tick tick tick...

Hi All,

Thanks for your encouragement. And yes I have acknowledge that babies are hard to come by, for some of us.
I had a m/c at 5 weeks in Dec 2013, was kinda disappointed by it. If i think back, i should have given birth and now possibly already 1 month old. After that my gynae said I possibly have PCOS based on the appearance of my ovaries during the scans, which means harder to conceive naturally.

To be honest, I've not thought of myself not working when I am pregnant, but I suspect I got pregnant partly bcos I'm not working, resting a lot and not stressed out at work. You know how things happen when you least expect them? I can't help but to worry though. 1 income instead of 2, and additional financial needs are required for a baby's arrival.

I am currently sending CVs out and going for interview (sorry if I might be repeating myself) but i'll just continue to do what I know and cross the bridge when I get there. Say if I were to be offered a job, by then which week of the pregnancy would I be at. I guess I'm not confident to declare my pregnancy just yet, especially not at the start at the interviewing stage. I hope if I were to get a job, and only choose to declare it at 3rd or 4th month, they wouldn't think I've been leading them on from the start. I'm just going to stick to "light work" (I hope) - something like administrative instead of being to ambitious now.

If I don't get a job in September, I think it's going to be harder and harder later. We might just have to make some changes in lifestyles and all. Well, at least for the next 12months or so.

I've yet to tell anyone about my pregnancy, so you wonderful ladies are my confidants! I really appreciate you here hearing me out. I've not told my parents nor my in laws or my friends. After what happened in Dec 2013, I felt that if things don't turn out well and there are people who knew about my pregnancy, it's really tiring having to explain, etc. So me and hubby has agreed to only announce after it's stable and maybe after a few tests, etc. May I know by which week I would have most of the important tests/scans done? Like to test the health of the baby, etc?

If I'm not wrong, I should be in Week 6 now, from here, what symptoms might I expect to experience? I feel normal, which I felt the same back in Dec 2013, I didn't had much symptoms and I'm worried. Bcos they say the more symptoms u feel, the more pregnant you are. I don't feel pregnant at all. I just positively hoping that I'm one of those lucky mums that do not experience much symptoms throughout the whole pregnancy but yet still able to give birth to a healthy baby. But yet at the same time I'm concern, even my gynae mentioned about it the last time that I didn't had much symptoms. She said a healthy pregnancy should have symptoms. =( Now the days are passing SLOWER..... When my concern was looking for a job, the days passed so fast before I know it I'm jobless for 2 months. Now it's more like tick tick tick...

My advice is it's better to tell honestly during interview cos some boss maybe understanding. If you only tell after you get the job, they may think differently about you and maybe hard to confirm the probation period. I duno. In my previous full time job I was having serious piles (haemoroid) condition and during interview I didnt say cos I duno whether surgery is needed or not. Then when I got the job and my surgeon told me that it's best to have surgery to remove the piles. When I told this to my boss, (I didnt even ask her that I want surgery during my probaton. I was just telling her that I took MC because of seeing my surgeon in SGH) she wasnt happy about it and I postpone my surgery till April. Anyway that job sucked and I am glad I quit in March so that I could have my surgery in Apr and then TTC in May. lol. Sorry for being long winded. Actually i found this part time job where they allow flexibility for stay at home mum. So even if you cant find a full time job, maybe settle for a flexi part time job first. I think it helps and the job not stressful so it's good for your BB. :) I just finished my OSCAR scan last week and will have a final scan in early Oct. I suppose that should be the "safe" period. As I am March EDD, I am at Wk 13 now.

hello mummies..
went for gynae check yest and dr said i'm 6 weeks into my 1st pregnancy and we are having twins! am experiencing quite bad morning sickness for the entire day. Anyone gg kkh? cos my current gynae we feel that with twins the price with be rather steep (all the price times 2!!) so we are looking at kkh as i can claim under my husband's benefit. Any kkh gynae to recco?

@eelinkoh congratz!!!! woah.. twins... I am going kkh and seeing Prof John Tee... I like him a lot.. was with him for my #1.. I believe he has seen a lot of dif kind of cases before.. even my friend who had chicken pox in 1st tri and was abandon by her old gynae he also accept.. now I am preggy with pre existing diabetes.. to him it is not any thing to be worried about as he has seen mummies like tt with healthy bb.. so feel vvv safe with him..

@simiko thanks! my friends actually recco me Dr KT Tan. But there's like a mixture of good and bad reviews so am seeing if there's other drs.
I presume you're seeing KKH private? Do they have those prenatal package that covers supplements & consultation like most private gynae has??

hi @eelinkoh congrats! i went for my first scan today and similarly 6 wks with twins. i'm with Prof John Tee at kkh too. 2nd appt seeing him on 30 sept.
i did cysts removal by JT back in 2010, he did a great job for pain management and stitchings so i'm feeling secured with him. for your reference.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm abt 9 weeks in my preggie stage ... Pls add me to the group fb pls ... Can add Jovianne lee pls ? Anyone seeing dr Benjamin them here?

My boss know already even colle. Due to spotting 2 weeks back. Gynae put me on 1 week mc. I cant lie.. so I told the truth.

Hi lilsheep.
No worries. U should be able to see at yr upcoming appt. For mine, after they r able to see, the next appt would b at 4 8 12 wks later frm the day they spotted the bb.
Hows everyone out there??!! Yeah i know, MS really sufferin' right? Still going thru mine. Let's keep our cool, be strong and go thru this like strong women! We can do it! ;)

Hello~ I'm a first time mummy... EDD 20 Apr 2015 hehe...

Having terrible morning sickness since 1 week ago :S feel so nauseated all day long... but yet so hungry because I'm not eating much food... Haiyo... At least I am not vomiting! Trying to think positive.. haha... they say nausea is a sign of healthy pregnancy.... but what a terrible sign.... I suffer = baby healthy :confused:

How do I join the FB group??

Hi
Just hear hb today, I'm 8wks with #2, can pm to let me know how to add me in fb group?

Wt put on faster n waist thicken earlier with this one, slow digestion too. Seem to be fast track for #2.

Hi all

When do you all intend to announce your pregnancy to your boss and colleagues?

Hi happyjiokzai, I'll probably have to tell very soon. Was hoping to tell only after my first tri but I've been suffering from severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) and been on hospitalisation leave for 3 weeks so can't hide it much longer. Will probably have to extend my leave since I've been in and out of hospital also. When are you going to tell your boss n colleagues?

Hello~ I'm a first time mummy... EDD 20 Apr 2015 hehe...

Having terrible morning sickness since 1 week ago :S feel so nauseated all day long... but yet so hungry because I'm not eating much food... Haiyo... At least I am not vomiting! Trying to think positive.. haha... they say nausea is a sign of healthy pregnancy.... but what a terrible sign.... I suffer = baby healthy :confused:

How do I join the FB group??

Hi wangwendy, welcome! I'm a first time mummy too. Don't worry, the nausea is very common, and friends have told me that it's a sign that your pregnancy is on track. Of course, not that those lucky mummies without morning sickness don't have good pregnancies! Wish I were one of them... Still, hang on there, just eat what you can and get lots of rest. I find crackers and soy milk to be very helpful when I'm always hungry and carry some everywhere I go. Hope that helps!

hi all, i went for my first doc's visit and they did an ultrasound. at 5w5d they can only see the gestational sac and no yolk sac with some internal bleeding. i was put on bed rest for a week til my next appointment. feeling scared…baby maybe too small to see at this point and dates could be a bit off but I'm worried as its our first kid. :( when did you girls go for your first scan or appointment?

Hi startermum, my first preg gynae did vscan n according to him he see blinking hb, both hb n I saw nothing. This time at 5+wks he only did abdominal scan, can see sac n stuff but no hb yet. He din bother to do vscan but send me back for next visit at 8wks. And at 8wks we hear hb.

Don't worry too much, relax n rest well till next visit.

Hi startermum. 5weeks (if according to LMP and ovulatiom is on track) is too early. I experienced it. Couldnt scan, n they wanted to rule out ectopic preg so i had to take a blood test n pelvis scan. And 2weeks later, u will b able to see a tiny white blob with blinking part which is the heart. So startermum, dun worry. Cos 5wks is early. At least u dun hv to go thru a blood test n a pelvis scan and i was in the hosp frm 830 to 6pm!!

Hi startermum. 5weeks (if according to LMP and ovulatiom is on track) is too early. I experienced it. Couldnt scan, n they wanted to rule out ectopic preg so i had to take a blood test n pelvis scan. And 2weeks later, u will b able to see a tiny white blob with blinking part which is the heart. So startermum, dun worry. Cos 5wks is early. At least u dun hv to go thru a blood test n a pelvis scan and i was in the hosp frm 830 to 6pm!!
thanks for the support. they did a transv scan on me and blood test too. its weird to have gone in thinking things are alright and then later to be told that there are some issues you never anticipated. i guess that's part of pregnancy and will try to stay positive. fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

Hi happyjiokzai, I'll probably have to tell very soon. Was hoping to tell only after my first tri but I've been suffering from severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) and been on hospitalisation leave for 3 weeks so can't hide it much longer. Will probably have to extend my leave since I've been in and out of hospital also. When are you going to tell your boss n colleagues?

Hi I am going to have work review with my boss soon and I have thought of telling my boss before the work review. Recently, I have been quite stressed up with work because my boss has given me heavier portfolio. Really feel like using this pregnancy to quit the job and rest. It is quite tiring to be pregnant (but worth it). Just want my beanie to be healthy. Work can come later.

Hi I am going to have work review with my boss soon and I have thought of telling my boss before the work review. Recently, I have been quite stressed up with work because my boss has given me heavier portfolio. Really feel like using this pregnancy to quit the job and rest. It is quite tiring to be pregnant (but worth it). Just want my beanie to be healthy. Work can come later.
Hi there, hang in there. Depending on the culture of your work place and how open you are with your boss, it maybe good to talk to your boss about your situation. It will at least explain the mood swings and work absenses (touch wood!) and he/she maybe more sympathetic. They may also start reshuffling your work arrangements around to make way for your maternity leave etc. In my opinion it's always good to be open about your situation. If they are not sympathetic then you could then start to consider looking out or resting at home (which trust me can get pretty boring after awhile!)

Hi wangwendy, welcome! I'm a first time mummy too. Don't worry, the nausea is very common, and friends have told me that it's a sign that your pregnancy is on track. Of course, not that those lucky mummies without morning sickness don't have good pregnancies! Wish I were one of them... Still, hang on there, just eat what you can and get lots of rest. I find crackers and soy milk to be very helpful when I'm always hungry and carry some everywhere I go. Hope that helps!

Thanks babe! Congrats on ur first time pregnancy~ hehe... I took ur advice and tried the crackers... really v helpful... I'm munching on some now while typing this! Also tried those ginger pills for nausea... Find that it helps a bit too!

Also wish I was one of those without morning sickness.. but oh well~! This is not something we can choose.. So just gotta bear with it and hope it clears up by 2nd tri...

hey.. I hv not been added too, who's the admin? maybe i can search for u in FB instead?

Side track, looks like Prince William n Kate will hv their #2, rumour in Apr too! During my #1 born in 2013, i was joking with my london col i need to send her to UK to study so as to get to know Prince george... looks like we might really hv to work hard to send 2 lol

Hi piggysiao and aprbaby15,

My edd with dr Benjamin Tham is ard 8 April ... Yours ? Am going to see him in 26 sep fri noon... I tot of skipping the oscar test, are u all taking the oscar test?

Can add Jovianne Lee to the April babies group Facebook pls ? I think the email link to my fb is [email protected]

Thanks!

Nnyl , I had invite you ytd.. later I go back office then add u ok? The rest whwn I back in office I will go thru the thread. Sorry bad ms making too sick.. didnt really read thru the thread.

Nnyl, my #1 is differ with Kate by 1 month.. my mum laugh saying y I got #1 she also preggie. Now I got #2 she also. And her wedding and mine was 1 week apart. Haha! But I not priness neither is my hb a prince.

Thanks Windy, i saw ur email and hv response. Ya.. it's our little ones that r princesses n princes! my little gal is behaving like a diva at times even though she's only 11mo *roll eyes*

Hi piggysiao and aprbaby15,

My edd with dr Benjamin Tham is ard 8 April ... Yours ? Am going to see him in 26 sep fri noon... I tot of skipping the oscar test, are u all taking the oscar test?

Can add Jovianne Lee to the April babies group Facebook pls ? I think the email link to my fb is [email protected]

Thanks!
Hi Twinkle_angels

My Edd is 14 April 2014. my next appt is at 12 week on 4/10/14 for the OCSCAR test. #1 i skipped the oscar test as, i keep changing doctor before Dr Tham. He is very nice and caring..

Hi, seems like many mummies here having No. 2 and No. 1 is still very young. Just curious how do you guys manage? Do you still carry No. 1 , are they still sleeping together with you at night?

Hi m_m,

My #1 loves to be carried ... Am still carrying her now... She sleeps on thick single mattress besides our bed, I am not so keen on the idea of baby sleeping in another room nor sleeping on my bed as I fear my pillows suffocate her

Reactions: m_m

My gal sleeps in her own room since birth, so far she has been quite ok to sleep at night on her own but during the day she's a koala bear, she loves to be carried unless she chooses otherwise (e.g. to play her toys etc). I'm still carrying her if need to but generally let her daddy carry her when we r outside. She's rather sticky to me & when she's in her fussy mood, only i can pacify her. I hope she will be much easier/older when #2 arrives.

Back