(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Pem will only send u the quotation. They said they will assign the CL when you are abt to deliver.
correct they should be the one calling you to inform you and not the other way round. but i tot normally they will only tell you who is it when it is nearer to EDD

there are a few but regretfully PEM seem to be the more popular one

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/guide-confinement-nannies-services-singapore-000028277.html
Ya, but i am choosing the option of paying more to get the CL i want. Im afraid of bad CL.
Guess if they didnt call me by tmr, i need to call them up again!! 2 CLs who i've selected are not avail and on monday i gave them 3 more names, still did not receive any updates. Zzzzzz

Anybody using "yao lan" in their house?

I am intending to get one as my mum hse has one and its really useful, natural swaddle. my sis baby can sleep very long in it. haha

My hse is new flat, dunno whether my ceiling can take the weight anot.
Anybody staying in new BTO and installing ceiling "yao lan"?
no yaolan for me but i will use this instead

6431223.jpg

my 2 younger sibling my nephew and my son all sleep in this :p during day time lah
that reminds me to go find the pink net :p my boy used the blue one .. hmm dunno where i keep it lolz

Ya, but i am choosing the option of paying more to get the CL i want. Im afraid of bad CL.
Guess if they didnt call me by tmr, i need to call them up again!! 2 CLs who i've selected are not avail and on monday i gave them 3 more names, still did not receive any updates. Zzzzzz
pay more also cant confirm those you wanted ..hmm they must be really hot or because it is cny that is why tehy dun wan to accept job but if you have their name and contact no you can go direct to them :p

I just came out from detailed scan. Turns out my baby boy is a baby girl! Yay!

Hi amberosw mummy, can u roughly explain to me how gynae told you on the initial stage on bb boy situation? As during my U/S on week 13, gynae told me mostly is a bb boy then one week later she said the boy genital part seem like abit short size so can't confirm and she said will check again on my next visit which was scheduled on mid Sept. But I am desparetely aiming for bb gal, and so hopes the turn out will be the same as you.....

Last edited:
Ok don't get ur hopes up yet. Healthy good enough. He told me 70% boy
last month

I got fish oil n obimin. Calcium I'm eating expired ones from last time . Drinking milk too

Haha ok.. 10% diff.. means i got a bit less chance..
Yeah lor y u go eat expired ones?!

Not I am not joining 12 Sept gathering. Night time hubby doesn't like me leaving him alone.
Should I organize another lunch gathering ? hehe

Yup you should! :D

I am intending to get one as my mum hse has one and its really useful, natural swaddle. my sis baby can sleep very long in it. haha

I am using.. the portable kind.. my boy been using since birth till now (2yo+) for naps.. at night he sleeps cot..
Got my yaolan here: https://www.facebook.com/cheongchoonstore?fref=ts
They sell cheap bb stuff.. and offers free delivery above a certain amt..

Preventing varicose veins
At this stage in your pregnancy you're more prone to varicose veins, swollen blue or purple veins that may bulge near the surface of the skin. These often show up in your legs, but you can also get them in your vulva or elsewhere. (In fact, hemorrhoids are really just varicose veins of the rectal area.)

As your uterus grows, it puts pressure on the large vein on the right side of your body (the inferior vena cava), which in turn increases pressure in the leg veins.

Veins are the blood vessels that return blood from your extremities to your heart, so the blood in your leg veins is already working against gravity. When you're pregnant, the amount of blood in your body increases, adding to the burden on your veins. And your progesterone levels rise, causing the walls of your blood vessels to relax.

You're more likely to get varicose veins if other family members have them. Also, they tend to get worse with each successive pregnancy and as you age. You may have little or no discomfort from them, or they may make your legs feel heavy and achy. The skin around a varicose vein may also itch, throb, or feel like it's burning. The symptoms tend to be worse at the end of the day, especially if you've been on your feet a lot.

To help prevent or minimize varicose veins, exercise daily, prop up your feet and legs whenever possible, sleep on your left side, and wear maternity support hose.

You may also notice so-called spider veins (a group of tiny blood vessels near the surface of your skin), particularly on your ankles, legs, or face. They may have a spider- or sunburst-like pattern with little branches radiating out from the center, they may look like the branches of a tree, or they may be a group of separate thin lines with no particular pattern. Though they may be a bit unsightly, spider veins don't cause discomfort and usually disappear after delivery.

All contents copyright © BabyCenter LLC 1997-2010 all rights reserved. Please review the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

Sent from the My Pregnancy Today app

Haha ok.. 10% diff.. means i got a bit less chance..
Yeah lor y u go eat expired ones?!

Yup you should! :D

I am using.. the portable kind.. my boy been using since birth till now (2yo+) for naps.. at night he sleeps cot..
Got my yaolan here: https://www.facebook.com/cheongchoonstore?fref=ts
They sell cheap bb stuff.. and offers free delivery above a certain amt..
They seem to post a lot of stroller on their FB .. Have u been to their shop at cross street ?

Yao lan attached to ceiling? I think that is very old method. I've seen the mobile yao lan. I know it's very good. Baby will sleep longer but some of my friends against it as it will makes baby dizzy to sleep. I think one of the baby shop in AMK selling it because they sell the electric cradle.
YS5583.jpg
AEM1009M.jpg

Yao lan attached to ceiling? I think that is very old method. I've seen the mobile yao lan. I know it's very good. Baby will sleep longer but some of my friends against it as it will makes baby dizzy to sleep. I think one of the baby shop in AMK selling it because they sell the electric cradle.

Err.... I prefer not to use loh. Tried w #1, too gentle he can't feel it, like no diff. Rock too hard, I feel scared. Anyway #1 didn't really take to it.

They seem to post a lot of stroller on their FB .. Have u been to their shop at cross street ?

Yup that time been there once or twice when buying bb stuff for #1.. I didnt buy stroller though..
Things bought include the yaolan, bb detergent, bb liquid cleanser for bottles, breast pads, disposable panties.. etc..

YS5583.jpg
AEM1009M.jpg

Mine is not the electric kind.. mine is the normal one.. so need to rock myself.. will be good bonding time with bb..
My boy loves to sleep yaolan!
My mil place is the yaolan attached to ceiling.. my new place (old HDB flat) also got the ring.. i think if new HDB flat.. if false ceiling then cannot drill hole?

Worry that I organize but no one attend. LOL... let me create a voting for SAHM gathering in facebook.

Dont worry la.. eventually people will go one.. haha that time i also tot i talking to myself.. end up quite a success!

Hello mummies! So busy today no time to log in...

Congrats @winnielove on your prince! Can start buying stuff already! :p

Haiz, just now at exactly 5.40pm I went to pee before leaving the office, n when I wiped, there was a very small tea colored stain. So I kena stunned, so I wiped again, n again one tea colored stain. So of coz I gan jiong right, so wiped the third time, left right front back no more stain. So then I tried calling my Gynae, but they were closed already. Crap man, I pee so many times today of coz it has to happen only after office hours. So anyway I came home n peed again n wipe n wipe, but all clean. Strange hor? Hopefully no more. Stress. :oops:

Haiz, just now at exactly 5.40pm I went to pee before leaving the office, n when I wiped, there was a very small tea colored stain. So I kena stunned, so I wiped again, n again one tea colored stain. So of coz I gan jiong right, so wiped the third time, left right front back no more stain. So then I tried calling my Gynae, but they were closed already. Crap man, I pee so many times today of coz it has to happen only after office hours. So anyway I came home n peed again n wipe n wipe, but all clean. Strange hor? Hopefully no more. Stress. :oops:

Hmm just monitor? & hopefully no more le.. dont worry too much!

Anyone knows if we will definitely know the baby's gender during the 20th week detailed scan... or this may not always be the case?

Anyone knows if we will definitely know the baby's gender during the 20th week detailed scan... or this may not always be the case?

Not necessarily. Depends on bb's position also. My gf's "girl" turned out to be a boy only at 30+ weeks.

I got reply from yeyeahdelights....as follows :-

I think this method won't go well with the traditional confinement rules...for me its kinda 多功。。。

Hi Eliss

Thank you for your email.

Our meals are delivered chilled, All menus and ingredients used are endorsed by professionals .

Delivery Days:

Mon: Mon & Tues = 2 meals
Wed: Wed & Thu = 2 meals
Friday: Fri, Sat & Sun meal supplies = 3 meals

Meals will be placed in styrofoam boxes with dry ice ( dry ice (-78.64 degree Celsius) can maintain the coolness longer as compared to ice packs).

As part of our added assurance for the cold chain, our meals are also delivered in refrigeration trucks.

Attached file is our menu and price list ,also we provide family meals that will be suitable for other family members as well.

For any further inquiries, do contact us at 6243 1468.

Thank you & Best Regards
Zura

▶ Show quoted text

You ok already ?

Last edited:
Hi all Mummies! I would like to share this, if you are looking for delicious home-cooked confinement food, you can contact me for details. My cousin just got this auntie to prepare confinement food for her at a reasonable price and can ask for trial first. ;) 97108868!

Last edited:
Have u all been doing ur kegels? I always forget..and don't like the feeling also!

I'm trying to do it, but keep forgetting too. my gynae never tell me but hear from frens n read online. Its supposed to help keep the muscle firm n help even when you're much older and help prevent incontinence due to old age

Just now I went to see gp to get some med for my diarrhea already cos afternoon still LS for another 2 times...:( learnt my lesson. Got to rest early tonite...

Thanks @bbcripps
I had the same thing sometime back also. I think it's old blood. Don't worry

Sometimes I think the kids know! They have sixth sense..hehe

I do tell them and let them play a part in my pregnancy right from the start. I also read books and encyclopedias on babies to them. They are happy to have a new sibling! But it seems like the "attention seeking" part is always inevitable. Haha.. :p

from picture look not bad leh

but this part make me think... " Chilled and packed for up to 3 days freshness"
and it also say their food are blast chilled to maintain freshness hmm so meaning can cook and blast chilled in advance and not cook daily

If that's the case i think i rather cook myself again. Lol!

Just to share... I'm just drinking what my mum told me is good for 补气. First time trying, taste not bad. To be taken weekly.

Dang Shen(good quality) + Wolfberry + dates + lean pork + 1cup water. Double boil for 2-3h.

Can try making when u r free... :)

Thanks for sharing! Just nice i am looking for recipes to bu qi. :)

Last edited:
Imo nothing is of 100% accuracy until we see the baby at birth. Whether it's the gender or any kind of medical condition that's tested using the latest technology. Giving birth to a healthy baby is most important. :)
Agree! :) But I'm feeling really excited about it since the past scans couldn't reveal anything. Hope to at least have an inkling! :D

Agree! :) But I'm feeling really excited about it since the past scans couldn't reveal anything. Hope to at least have an inkling! :D

Then you will definitely find out during detailed scan! Heehee.. 99% accuracy because the gender is an important part of the scan. If the sonographer cannot see, you will have to lie there or walk around a bit and let her continue scanning till she can see it. Good luck! :)

Just to share! I was reading randomly online and chanced upon this article. Of course I still believe moderation is the key! :)

一般孕妇怀孕,喝鸡汤最好,但是鸡汤里面千万不要放当归,当归有活血的功效,但是对孕妇来说容易化掉胎儿,纯鸡汤最好.用土鸡一只清水炖放点姜和花椒\盐就可.用高压锅压二十五分钟就可以了. 还有就是多喝鲫鱼汤也可以. 别外一种就是多喝猪肝菠菜汤,多补血对孩子也有好处.

红枣莲子汤的特色: 功效:养心补脾,熬夜者补肾最宜。

红枣莲子汤的制作材料: 主料:莲子600克,红枣120克,糖200克

红枣莲子汤的做法:

1、红枣洗净。

2、汤锅中加入1200毫升水煮开,放入红枣,转小火续煮30分钟。

3、放入莲子续煮30分钟,最好加糖煮开即成。 红枣芹菜汤 原料:红枣200克,芹菜500克,红糖调味。 制法:红枣洗净,芹菜去根除叶留茎洗净。两种食物下锅加水适量煎煮20分钟,取汁,用红糖调味分次饮服。 营养:芹菜含有蛋白质、酶类,其中有较多的维生素A原,还会有维生素C、PP、烟酸、钙、磷、铁及挥发油等。 功效:红枣补益脾胃、养血安神,芹菜平肝清热、祛风利湿。故红枣芹菜汤能改善产妇倦怠无力、血虚厌食、神志不安等症;还能降压、通便,内火盛者食之有益。

关于怀孕后的注意事项

【吃方面 1、发育到2亿个细胞所需营养是非常多的,尤其是蛋白质

2. 每天吃3-4个核桃或其他坚果(不要吃杏、杏仁),孕10-18周是孩子第一个补脑高峰期,可多吃些鱼类、坚果。

3. 鱼、虾是很好的食物,可以常吃。

4. 莴笋中含【叶酸】多,有助于胎儿脊髓形成。口服叶酸片不超过孕后3个月,会有别的反作用,好像是容易影响铁的吸收,请听医嘱。

5. 芝麻也是好东西,可以补铁、提供卵磷脂、蛋白质等,能提高孕妇体质、预防感冒,还可以吃芝麻酱,含有不少人体所需的微量元素呢。

6. 甜食、水果要适量,避免糖尿病、巨大胎儿。

7. 【禁食】:桂圆,大热,极易造成孕妇流产;螃蟹、甲鱼,大寒,极易造成孕妇流产,特别是蟹腿;芦荟汁;还有碳酸饮料、冷饮、香肠、腊肉、咸蛋、熟肉、火腿、辣鸭脖、油条、烧烤、话梅、水果罐头、方便面、腌菜、油炸食物等再加工、有卫生隐患、没营养的食物也应列入禁食范围内。

8. 【不能大量食用】: 久存的土豆含生物碱,其毒性可在母体残存2个月,伤害胎儿;菠菜含铁并不多,但草酸太强,会影响钙、锌吸收;八角桂皮花椒等热性香料,容易造成便秘;另外海带也寒性,不能大量食用,并且食用前最好洗净后浸泡24小时并勤换水,消除海水污染造成的砷中毒;还有马齿苋,兴奋子宫;苡米滑胎;黑木耳活血,大量食用易流产;山楂及其制品会兴奋子宫,大量食用会使子宫收缩、造成流产;杏仁、杏,大热滑胎。猪肝不能多吃,容易维A超量,每周50g足亦,可以用其他食物代替铁质的进补。

9. 不要让自己饿着,准备些合适的零食,太平梳打饼干、开心果、水果、酸奶都是不错的选择。

10. 饮食要清淡,避免吃水煮鱼这样太刺激或油腻的菜肴。

11. 可用口含生姜片的方式防治孕吐,喝甘蔗汁也能舒缓。

12. 常吃点粗粮。玉米就不错,多喝豆浆。

13. 不要挑食。特想吃什么、只要对健康有好处就弄来吃。

My Gynae say as long not fresh blood ok. Call them tmr again!

Back