(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

angelbell,
wow! thank you so much for helping us create the table! :)

EDD: TBC i think is 3rd May
Nick: babymarian
# of BB: #1
Gynae: Dr Wendy Teo
Delivery Hospital: Mount E Novena

Starrymommy,
I am quite old le, compared to you. I am 37 years old. This pregnancy is unplanned. I have quite handful handling the 2 boys! Scratch head..

Babymarian,
You are welcome, it's easy. Updated :)

angelbell, I see! how are you feeling? are the symptoms more pronounced than the past 2 pregnancies? actually mine is also a surprise pregnancy and I feel like a 1st time mum all over again.. all my baby items either sold or given away.

starrymommy, I am still feeling normal actually. For the past 2 pregnancy I don't have much morning sickness. Hope the same for this time. Fingers cross :p
I feel I am 1st time mum too. Have you gone for your first appointment? Have you got any morning sickness already?

Last edited:
haven't gone for 1st appointment yet and initially wanted to be very chillax about it and wait till week 8 then go see gynae. but some ladies here made appointments for week 6 so that made me feeling 心痒痒 so I also called and made my appointment earlier, on 8 Sept. Haha!

me too, not much MS for #1 and #2. this time feels different. already feeling like vomiting on several occasions. today's good though. good appetite and all.

icrecreamcony, sure. Looks like we got more to update next week after the first appointment :)

starrymommy, sounds great! Hope it continues this way..hehe

icecreamcony, hubby and I met in church and felt that we have found our soulmate after dating for 4 years, so we got married when we were 24. #1 came along when we were 25, followed by #2 at 26. he wanted to stop at 2 because he's very happy with current lifestyle where both of us can "escape" and go for holidays while my parents and helper take over the kids. think God has greater plans for us, so here we are with #3 in the oven. need to make a lot of adjustments now.

actually, while people say it's good to marry young and have kids young etc., hubby and I sometimes do wonder what if we only start having kids when we hit 30. 'cos that's when we have greater financial power and will get to travel and see the world more first before settling down. many of our friends of the same age are climbing the career ladder and jetting all over the world so we will also daydream about this at times. :)

Welcome angel bell! Where is the table? I will update after my appt next sat... I am on HL for threatened m/c.... No more spotting or bleeding now but I think gynae just wanted to be cautious as I just went through a m/c in march at 8weeks(no bb seen only empty sac). Now only day 2 of my leave and the workaholic in me going mad already. Thankfully have you mummies to keep me company!!

I admire u mummies expecting #3!! I already feel stressed with my #1 cos she has asthma and is sickly... Going 3 already still falls sick almost 1-2 times a mth despite me feeding all sorts of vitamins, cod liver oil and dha. Also doesn't help she has been in infant care and now CC since 4 mths old ... She still insists on drinking from milk bottle and still not potty trained!!!

Starrymommy, prob just staycation... I dun fancy traveling too far with big belly and preschooler... My hb will die lugging all the stuff lol

mummycoccyx, don't worry about things like potty training and milk bottle. my #2 just turned 3 last month and she is still not 100% potty-trained, plus still using milk bottle! so don't stress yourself up over these things. no point comparing with other mothers whose kids were potty-trained and weaned off bottles at 2.5yo. each child develops at his/her own pace. they will learn in time!

my #2's health also not very good. very prone to coughs and doc said she has weak lungs. there was one period of time when she got very skinny and didn't have good appetite. we brought her to Yu Guo for baby tuina and TCM. you can give it a try. it's apparently very popular amongst mothers and kids.

http://yuguochinesephysician.blogspot.sg/

now that we are preggy, gotta be more careful what oils we use and where. used to love diffusing a mix of peppermint + eucalyptus in my bedroom. it makes my room smell so clean and fresh! heard that mint is not recommended during 1st tri so I stopped.

now that we are preggy, gotta be more careful what oils we use and where. used to love diffusing a mix of peppermint + eucalyptus in my bedroom. it makes my room smell so clean and fresh! heard that mint is not recommended during 1st tri so I stopped.

Peppermint has been listed as one of the 'safe' eo for preggy mums. :) But I advocate use in moderation and everything should be ok.

Eeznyl, hugs to u. Feel for your worries & fear but try not to think too much & juz rest as much as possible.

icecreamcony, oh great! that's good to know. it is like one of my very favourite EOs, so uplifting and "clean". :)

Welcome & congrats to u, angelbell.
Thanks for the table, will provide my details after my visit to a gynae.

Sigh...the CL I want kena booked...super sian. I had vy bad experience with my 1st CL...now super scare of lousy nasty cl.

Mummycoccyx, I agreed with starrymommy. Just take it easy and don't compare. My #2 also half potty train (big business only) and my #1 still wearing diaper to sleep at night. We lazy to wake him in the midnight to pass urine :p. Let them take their own pace.

50_BBN, this time round I super kiasu. Already started to call the CL before I go for my first appt. My experience with #2 nanny is bad. Better do it fast this round.

Regarding the oil, my fren recommended the young living oil (they have different types, one of the oil is mentioned by icecreamcony which is good for immunity). I am thinking to buy some from her to try out as my #1 also fall sick easily

Just cut my daughter's fringe (cos it was poking her eyes) and gave her a shower....then got so giddy and nauseous needed to lie down right away!

Just cut my daughter's fringe (cos it was poking her eyes) and gave her a shower....then got so giddy and nauseous needed to lie down right away!

Rest well in bed, mummycoccyx. Did you have any dinner? When I feel like I have no appetite but still hungry, Campbell mushroom soup really appeals to me. I mean the canned type.

Hi all, I am also expecting my #2. My periods are irregular and this is the first month I tried using an ovulation kit and hence roughly know when I conceive. I should be 6 weeks now, so EDD End April or May. Gynae appointment scheduled this Friday, 5 sep. Been googling too much and scaring myself with all the possible miscarriage symptoms and blighted ovum scenarios. So even though i am not a first time mummy, I think I am behaving like one. Lol. Dun think I was this worried compared to my first :/ I hope all mummies in this forum will have sticky healthy babies!

Hello mewowo!! Congratulations!! :) yup, praying that all of us will have a smooth and healthy pregnancy with healthy and strong babies!! :)

Hello mewowo, congratulations and welcome in here to chat with us! :) Don't scare yourself by reading all these. Trust in yourself that you can go through this pregnancy smoothly and without complications.

Back