A very pleasant experience with a postnatal masseur named Rose

mamanH

I have been an active reader on motherhood forum since I got pregnant last August. But today I decided to register an account just to share my experience with a masseur I chanced upon. I gave birth on the 5 May 2014 and had no plans for any confinement or postpartum regime, however due to the IV fluid administered, I was swelling from face to toes after delivery. While I was still in the hospital, a friend of mine who had also recently given birth recommended her masseur to me. She said this lady did an awesome job and not only did she lose all the water retention, she managed to regain her pre pregnancy weight. I decided to call the masseur to see if she was available and that was the best postpartum decision I’d made for myself. (I count my lucky stars she was able to slot me in.) I discharged on Friday and managed to have her come in on Sunday.

This wonderful Malay lady by the name of Rose is humble and very hardworking. For someone who doesn’t enjoy massages, I thoroughly enjoy every session with her. She’s very sincere and gives me genuine advices on how to take care of myself postpartum. Chatting with her during the massages also releases the stress I have from taking care of my newborn. Her strokes are firm yet gentle, kneading away all the achy joints I have. I also had a steam bath after every massage session which was something I really enjoyed. I find her pricing very reasonable as well at $500 for 7 days (90mins each time). I managed to lose all the water retention and is pretty close to my pre pregnancy weight (I gained 11kg during pregnancy). Honestly I couldn’t recommend Rose enough even though I probably shouldn’t since it’s going to make it more difficult for me to book her should she gets too popular! But I think she truly deserve it and for anyone keen to contact her, she can be reach at 9270 6169. Please do book her in advance as she gets booked rather quickly via word of mouth. I know I would when I’m pregnant with No. 2! You can tell her the recommendation is from Kernis of East Coast. :) Cheers and good luck mums!

I have been an active reader on motherhood forum since I got pregnant last August. But today I decided to register an account just to share my experience with a masseur I chanced upon. I gave birth on the 5 May 2014 and had no plans for any confinement or postpartum regime, however due to the IV fluid administered, I was swelling from face to toes after delivery. While I was still in the hospital, a friend of mine who had also recently given birth recommended her masseur to me. She said this lady did an awesome job and not only did she lose all the water retention, she managed to regain her pre pregnancy weight. I decided to call the masseur to see if she was available and that was the best postpartum decision I’d made for myself. (I count my lucky stars she was able to slot me in.) I discharged on Friday and managed to have her come in on Sunday.

This wonderful Malay lady by the name of Rose is humble and very hardworking. For someone who doesn’t enjoy massages, I thoroughly enjoy every session with her. She’s very sincere and gives me genuine advices on how to take care of myself postpartum. Chatting with her during the massages also releases the stress I have from taking care of my newborn. Her strokes are firm yet gentle, kneading away all the achy joints I have. I also had a steam bath after every massage session which was something I really enjoyed. I find her pricing very reasonable as well at $500 for 7 days (90mins each time). I managed to lose all the water retention and is pretty close to my pre pregnancy weight (I gained 11kg during pregnancy). Honestly I couldn’t recommend Rose enough even though I probably shouldn’t since it’s going to make it more difficult for me to book her should she gets too popular! But I think she truly deserve it and for anyone keen to contact her, she can be reach at 9270 6169. Please do book her in advance as she gets booked rather quickly via word of mouth. I know I would when I’m pregnant with No. 2! You can tell her the recommendation is from Kernis of East Coast. :) Cheers and good luck mums!
hi babe thanks for sharing! how did u chance upon Rose? Im looking for a massue too but will need one who can come to my house. so i wont be ablt to have steam bath i guess. My EDD is in sept!! HAHA and Im now asking for recommendations. :p

Yes! i agree with mamanH. Rose was my post natal masseur also. She isreally good. She comes to my plc and i booked her for 7days massage which cost $500. And itz worth it. She does the steam bath at our own plc too. She will put a small pail of hot boiled water under a stool and cover u wit lots of blankets. Tru this we will lose tons of water frm our body and will lose wgt faster.
I lost mine too pretty fast i shud say. My tummy went down from 32inces to 29inches as well. She does ear candling and massage for baby too on the very last day of our massage. I would recommend her very much too. Her daughter does post natal massages too. She is good as well.

Yes! i agree with mamanH. Rose was my post natal masseur also. She isreally good. She comes to my plc and i booked her for 7days massage which cost $500. And itz worth it. She does the steam bath at our own plc too. She will put a small pail of hot boiled water under a stool and cover u wit lots of blankets. Tru this we will lose tons of water frm our body and will lose wgt faster.
I lost mine too pretty fast i shud say. My tummy went down from 32inces to 29inches as well. She does ear candling and massage for baby too on the very last day of our massage. I would recommend her very much too. Her daughter does post natal massages too. She is good as well.
Do we use our own blankets or hers? How's about her massage? Is it firm enough?
Thank for your sharing.

I enjoyed the 7 days session of massage from Rose, i like her firm/gentle massage and the steam bath made me fresh every time. my waist reduced from 38 inches to 33 inches! most importantly, she helped me out on the day of my baby's shower. i had very bad engorgement on that day, whole body aching, fever, can't even move myself. she spent a lot time to massage my breast to cleared the engorgement and i can finally make it for the baby shower.
she is very friendly, caring and nice lady, i am very happen i engaged her. on the last day, her daughter came to massage my hubby as well, and her skill was very good too!
Lingyang6, to answer your question, you can pay her lump sum on her last session.

I oso engaged aunty rose's daughter, diyana....though she is young but her skill is very gd.....yes d steamed session can really make u sweat out all d excess water....thru bengkung, my waist reduced fr 39 to 36 which I think Is quite gd....diyana oso helped to breast massage so I dun hv breast engorgement....

I just finished massage with rose's daughter diana. She is quite good. I like her massage, steam bath and ear candling and baby massage. She also teach me how to massage baby.

Back