(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@starrymommy, haha, you are making me hungry, but I think it's good to stay away from too much tuna for now.. mercury level quite high ya? now i am supppppper hungry, but I have a feeling when I get to dinner, I will peck at my food. I am also just slight queasiness, not vomitting. Last week I had to frantically pop a sweet in my mouth on the train cos a wave of nausea hit me and I was worried i might merlion out.. phew.

simiko, I juz woke up from nap too. Same like u, tired easily then come nite time, difficult to fall asleep.
I feel like vomit but hasn't vomit so yet. Lots of gas, keep burping like a toad.
Like my 1st pregnancy, always mad hungry till feeling giddy & shivers, eating a lot too. Although m hoping to control weight gain till 2nd tri.
My tummy looks so big already! Maybe bcoz I was already having a flabby tummy b4 :( my tummy nv flattened after my 1st pregnancy... sob
I hope this time, it will.

Mummies, today i started bleeding in the afternoon. Somehow i had a weird feeling abt my pregnancy this morning so i mk an appt with a gynae in the afternoon. B4 i left my office i felt a gush but i ignore, when i was at the clinic waiting, i went to the toilet n my panty was full of blood but its dark red in colour. When i saw the gynae i told him abt it, he scan for me n saw the sac but he was unable to tell me y im bleeding... he told me its a threaten miscarriage. Did a hcg blood test n had a jab. Thereafter, I called up kkivf n they ask me to go dw kk o&g. The kk dr there did a scan n tell me the sac looks normal but its too early so no fetal pole n no heartbeat yet. He told me its either i was having twins n miscarriage 1 or i might be having a singleton only n having threaten miscarriage... by that time i can see the bleeding has become bright red. Dr increase my duphaston n ask me to monitor. Can only bed rest n cry now... feeling so helpless.

Eeznyl, hugs!!! Did gynae say when will he see you again? Please stay positive and rest well in bed. Praying and believing for you.

Thanks mummies... i still wanna stay on this chat with all of u.... can only pray now. By right my kk appt is 12th sep but they push to this friday. Will be on bed rest whole week.

Thanks mummies... i still wanna stay on this chat with all of u.... can only pray now. By right my kk appt is 12th sep but they push to this friday. Will be on bed rest whole week.

pls stay In bed don't move about.. rest n rest

Want you to stay on in this chat with us too! Talk to your beanie. I really believe that helps although it may seem/sound silly.

Thx Dolly... ya dare not get up at all. Eat n drink in bed too.

Starrymommy, I've been talking to my beanie since last week. Will continue... nothing else i can do except rest n talk to beanie.

Don't think so much. There are days when I don't feel nausea or sore boobs, but pay back for that the next day. Just focus on resting. And do something like reading or watching a drama?

Eeznyl, Friday will come along soon enough. Is there anyone who can help you fetch water and snacks at home? Then you won't need to get out of bed at all.

Has any of you ladies done the transvaginal scan already? My gynae will likely use that for me next Monday since I will be barely 6 weeks along then. Wanted to know if will need to drink huge amounts of water (I hated it) before scanning or not. Did it twice before, but I totally can't remember the details.

Eeznyl, Friday will come along soon enough. Is there anyone who can help you fetch water and snacks at home? Then you won't need to get out of bed at all.

Has any of you ladies done the transvaginal scan already? My gynae will likely use that for me next Monday since I will be barely 6 weeks along then. Wanted to know if will need to drink huge amounts of water (I hated it) before scanning or not. Did it twice before, but I totally can't remember the details.

actually if u can see the baby, no need to do V scan , right?
pardon me if im wrong

DollyL, my gyane used the transvaginal ultrasound during early pregnancy. At 5 weeks+, I think baby may be too small/unclear to see using normal ultrasound scan.

@starrymommy, you need to drink a lot of water if you are doing tummy ultrasound. If it's V scan dont need to drink a lot of water. ;) The last time I drank so much and put off going to the loo, and nearly peed out on the way to the clinic. haahaa. Any mommies facing bladder issues yet? Like keep wanting to pee?

@Eeznyl hope you're feeling better today, keep your spirits high and thoughts positive. Bb can feel it. :)

When I had my scan last Thursday, gynae saw the small water bag on abdominal scan...

Yeah dun think so much Eeznyl, I also trying not to think so much but sometimes I do wish I am back at work cos time pass faster...

Starrymommy, my symptoms also seem to be worse on some days but the giddiness is perpetually there cos I think my blood pressure already low to begin with, drops further with pregnancy, esp when I stand up. Hunger pangs also quite constant..

@starrymommy my gynae nv use V scan de leh... I dunno how he do it... even tt day at 4 weeks plus 5 weeks he also do abdominal scan n still can see the sac....

@Eeznyl rest well n u really must rest.. my colleague cousin also like tt for both preggy... she really bed rest n nv get off bed except bath n go toilet... even tt.. her toilet trips are kept min.. all the rest her mum n hb help... even eat also on bed... hope all is well... hugz..

@50_BBN my tummy is nv small in the 1st place lor.. haha....

icecreamcony, thank you!! glad to know no need to drink so much water for V-scan. sure pee out. :p

I have tendency to want to go toilet more often these days. think the mini bump is already starting to press against the bladder.. and when I lie down flat on my back in bed and gently press around the pelvic area, I can feel a tiny little bump! :) have a feeling that I will start to show a lot sooner this time round.

simiko, could be his machine is more powerful! :D

mummycoccyx, think what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. I had bad giddiness and fainting spells previously too. even blacked out for a few seconds and fell down. thankfully all went away when I hit 2nd trimester. hopefully this time won't be like that. quite dangerous le..

@starrymommy my gynae power one.. last time my boy the detail scan b4 give birth scan is 3kg.. after tt he scan 2.8kg.. ask him double confirm coz previously the detail scan doc say is 3kg... he say no leh is 2.8kg.. come out my boy really 2.8kg.... haha

@starrymommy my gynae power one.. last time my boy the detail scan b4 give birth scan is 3kg.. after tt he scan 2.8kg.. ask him double confirm coz previously the detail scan doc say is 3kg... he say no leh is 2.8kg.. come out my boy really 2.8kg.... haha

Wow, so zun! I hope my gynae has upgraded his machine. the last time I saw him was more than 3 years ago!

@DollyL they will scan n see bb bones, all ok. measure the legs, hands and will also see if the organs are ok. and can try see bb gender..

will we know the result on the spot ?
or is it like oscar, need to wait for result to be sent to gynae kind?

detailed scan is not as "scary" as OSCAR where you have to wait for blood test results. the sonographer will let you know if he/she spots anything. usually just scan and the report will be sent to your gynae. if something is wrong (touchwood), thwy will let you know right away. that was what the lady sonographer at NUH told me.

if baby doesn't open his/her legs, the staff will make you walk around, drink some water, go pee etc. to make baby move. I remember a mummy friend told me once that she stayed at the hospital for close to half a day before the baby decided to finally open legs. haha!

if baby doesn't open his/her legs, the staff will make you walk around, drink some water, go pee etc. to make baby move. I remember a mummy friend told me once that she stayed at the hospital for close to half a day before the baby decided to finally open legs. haha!

last mth when i go gynae, my gynae say bb leg closed, cannot c the gender.. boohoo

so early can see? my gyane refused to comment till after 20 weeks scan for my last 2. he said couldn't really tell. either his machine not very good or he scared later we sue him if he gave wrong info. :p

are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

so early can see? my gyane refused to comment till after 20 weeks scan for my last 2. he said couldn't really tell. either his machine not very good or he scared later we sue him if he gave wrong info. :p

are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

haha..
my 1st.. no preference actually :)

Untitled.png

Christian mummies who are anxious about their little beanies, here are some scriptures for you. hope they bring you peace, in one form or another.
http://www.graceformoms.com/10-scriptures-for-fighting-fear-in-pregnancy/

Thx all mummies for ur concern! Had another episode this morning. .. went to pee n blood gush out with small clots n streaks. Immediately grab my bag n rush dw to kkh... was trying hard to fight back my tears while waiting to see dr. Scan shows sac still there n cervix closed but dunno the blood fr where. Nothing can b done now as im already taking highest dosage of duphaston. Im exhausted... cant tk anymore of these "surprises".

Hi Mummies, I tested positive on last monday. I have 2 boys age 2 and 5. My appointment is 2 weeks later as it's still too early to see the heartbeat.
Estimated my EDD is either end of Apr/early May. Would like go through the journey together with mummies here :)

Hi Eeznyl,
Hugs..pray that you will be fine. My first pregnancy also have bleeding, turned out still ok. Don't lose hope!

angelbell, welcome and congrats! I think we are the only ones so far expecting #3! correct me if if I am wrong, ladies. 'cos I feel like I am having pregger brains. keep forgetting things at work. :p

Thanks Babymarian and starrymommy for the warm welcome :)

Mummies, shall we setup a table to tabulate the details? Just update whatever we know first.

EDD | MTB | Gender of BB | # of BB | Gynae | Delivery Hospital
\ End Apr or Early May (TBC) | angelbell | TBC | #3 | Dr June Tan | KKH
\ 3 Mary 2015 | babymarian | TBC | #1 | Dr Wendy Teo | Mount E Novena
\ 5 May 2015 | starrymommy | TBC (elder girl predicted boy) | #3 | Dr John Yam | Mt Alvenia
Please let me have your details, i will help to update the table. Free free to tell me if you want to update any more fields :)

Last edited:

You are very pro! I don't even know how to do this table thing. haha!!

EDD: 5 May 15
Nick: starrymommy
Gynae: Dr John Yam
Delivery Hosp: Mt Alvernia

Back