No Breast Milk

Kiche Teo

Hi all, I just gave birth 3 days ago and despite latching my baby on, there doesn't seem to be any breast milk established.

Help!!

Yes, they cry loudly when there is no milk. Just continue latching. The beginning days are the toughest.
Even when milk kicks in, continue to nurse baby as long as he want, to build up supply. You can also pump after latching to build supply.

Wish you the best in your milking career.

U can also drink papaya fish soup or eat fenugreek. I did all, including drink nursing tea coz my boy was a big eater. Had to supplement e 1st 2 mths, but managed to full bf from 3 to 9 mths+. Den slowly introduced formula milk again before weaning off breastmilk fully at 13mths. Gd luck!

Thanks for ur advice folks!
I do hope my EBM supply will increase...its not even enuff to cover half a feed each time I express right now :/

It's lidat in e beginning... Dun stress urself out... Stress will also affect ur milk supply... :)

I understand from a LC that milk supply comes between 3 to 5 days.. 1st 3 days or so is just columstrum.. and bb stomach is only the size of a marble.. so we do not need to have too much initially...

I understand from a LC that milk supply comes between 3 to 5 days.. 1st 3 days or so is just columstrum.. and bb stomach is only the size of a marble.. so we do not need to have too much initially...

My milk supply is in now, but not enough to cover one feed. Hope it gets better soon...

Join the facebook group Breastfeeding Mums. You get alot of support there. I m also breastfeeding. Now my bb 10 weeks old

i'm a first-time mom, too and had difficulty breastfeeding after a stressful delivery. i took different kinds of supplements and nursing teas but what worked best are fenugreek and blessed thistle when taken together. start initially with 1-2 capsules of fenugreek (with 1 blessed thistle) and then increase gradually. that's important! don't overdo coz it can cause diarrhea. i take 2 caps fenugreek 2x a day and 1 cap blessed thistle 2x a day, as well as 2 capsules of moringa. drink lots and lots of water/fluids. warm drinks are better. my milk supply has literally started from droplets but i have an oversupply now that i have to freeze them! you can get them at gnc or nature's farm but i buy mine at iherb (cheaper by half or more!). i also don't need to go out of the house so that's the good part. delivery through singpost takes 4-8 days. you can view http://www.iherb.com?rcode=RFK079 and get 5$-10$ usd off your first order. good luck mummies!

Kiche, you're welcome! Don't give up, I, too, wanted to quit but I was sure I wanted the best milk for my baby so I tried really hard to keep the supply coming. I'm on exclusive pumping coz LO won't latch (or lazy to latch!) so I wake up and try to do the pumping every 3 hrs. I can feel you and totally relate but hang in there. It's sooo worth all the trouble I had to overcome. My baby is now on exclusive bm. :)

Just try your best. If really too stressful, fm is equally good.
I almost succeeded in exclusive bf when i ended my confinement. But due to various reasons, i stopped my pumping and only latch. Baby didn't latch well and supply dropped tremendously. Now baby is going to be 5 mo. I am still struggling with the pathetic supply. Thoughts of giving up occurs now and then. But i have a very personal reason that keeps me going on. If not for that reason, i would have given up.

do power pump and pump every 2hr helps.. I m low supply mum too.. try several ways to increase my vol.. from 80%fm to 50%fm to 80%bm!! sense of achievement.. btw.. I m ep mum.. so I pump like 8x daily.. hell tired.. but great sense of achievement.. however now I preg with no 2.. milk supply stop.. cant wait to pump again for my 2nd! jiayou mummies

you can also try combining hand expression with pumping coz even when you're using the best pump around, it's quite difficult to totally drain the breasts. i am doing both pumping and hand expression. when i only pump, i get 1/2 to 2/3 less as compared to doing combined pumping with hand expression

Hi Kiche,
Is this your first baby? You hav to keep continue latching on as it will stimulate the production. In the meantime substitute with formula milk. The breastmilk will come slightly later

That's what I am confused too. When I had my first two children, immediately after I returned to ward, the nurses kept asking me to breast feed. I told them there was no milk so how to feed! The baby would still be hungry. In the end I told the nurse to use formula.

My bb is 1mth old till now he refuse/lazy to latach. My milk supply is low too, feeling so stress. Had been taking fenugreek but does not seem to help. I only have less than 1oz combine breast. Not sure is I do not have milk or Pumping not enough. Please advise.

Fernugeek & blessed thistle supplements helped me.
Beginning I took 2 pills each twice a day. Then still abit slow, I increased to 3 pills each twice a day. Can get from iherb. Can use promo code for discounts at iherb: GCN375

I will also double pump, as in pump both sides at the same time. and even after feeding baby direct, I wait for like 30 mins to an hour than pump both sides together to "increase the demand". I also drink alot of warm liquids before I pump, and massage abit before pumping.

i took lactation cookies. they were a little expensive but totally organic and it did help my supply. and the cookies really yummy. i ordered from another person before, tasted crappy :(

i ordered the yummy cookies from miss tan 90295918
it comes in3 flavors.
original, choc chop or cranberry. my personal fav is cranberry. :)

i took lactation cookies. they were a little expensive but totally organic and it did help my supply. and the cookies really yummy. i ordered from another person before, tasted crappy :(

i ordered the yummy cookies from miss tan 90295918
it comes in3 flavors.
original, choc chop or cranberry. my personal fav is cranberry. :)
Original is what flavor? Lol...

Back