(2014) ivf mummies support group

Yup! Those lists that I had mentioned are all from the class notes. I didn't ask if they are charging the diapers during hospital stay for baby. But I guess nothing comes free. They are actually quite worried that we bring like one whole truck of things there. LOL! So they keep telling us just to bring the essential and important stuff.

As for the apps, I downloaded "kickme" and "baby kicks counter" but I'm not using them because I am tracking manually using the chart that KKH provides me.

Need marriage cert to prove both parties are married to register the bc. ..
Any online bank statement will do, just print it. Might be easier to get your hubby to do the bank stuff and set up.the cda account

Hospital can do ba.. haha this one need to double check with graduated joie.

I asked hubby to handle all the administration at Gleneagles.
He set up the cda account .. don't need to transfer $ when you open the account. Saves a trip.to either ocbc or stanchart bank.
Don't worry about bringing milk powder.
In Glen they use premix milk formula stored in 90 ml bottles. Many brands to choose and request ... not expensive ..They charge me Sgd 1 per bottle. I requested Nestlé Nan HA for a top up after each bf feed.. The feed is 30 ml and after that they discard the whole bottle.for hygiene.

My dh is very blurr. This morning nearly makes my blood boil. I told him I want to drink soya bean milk no sweet. Guess what he bought. Soya bean milk with full level of sugar not even less sweet. Faint. I have packet my documents all this by a file. Even baby name also write for him. I scare he blurr then go and register wrong. Then collect goodie bag the slip, hospital booking form all got to packed neatly.

thanks ladies for all your feedbacks and info.

yes lynncandy my dh is like yours also sometime tell him this can do direct opp. that's why sometimes my blood also boil lol. just had nasi lemak for lunch so super full. later going to giant to get a simple house phone. feel like going ikea but guess will be super crowded. I am still thinking should I get bb mattress from ikea cause I got their gift card or I should save and get kids cardboard next time when they bigger. don't waste the value in the gift card but I think got 2 years expiry date. I got 2 2nd hand mattress the outside abit yellowish but I guess its not cause of usage its just white and after some time some yellow spot will surface.

milk powder got all its fan but end of the day will see what your baby likes. they can drink whichever brand given but after that got what effect like constipation or what then maybe you must consider switching other brand. try and error type. I will stick to enfagrow 1st cause my sil uses that brand and a lot of my gfs also using this, very ex brand!

Morning! Oh man! We are really in the last leg already.

Today 28w! Official third trimester! Baby bump photo to commemorate the last few months!
uploadfromtaptalk1409375016746.jpg

Dear sisters,

I BFPed and went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days. The scan showed that my sac is only dated at 5 weeks, no fetal pole detected... Dr tan ordered a blood test on wed and ytd. The hcg increase is not even 50%. He did another scan for me again at 6 weeks 5 days and still cannot see baby... I'm very upset as dr says even if its late implantation, it couldn't be so slow.... He was not optimistic.... My next scan on fri will be the judgement... Anyone have this experience to share? Looking for some hope here....

tsf I know your concern, but I heard also that hcg doesn't increase double once you hit certain marks or weeks of pregnancy. but then again I am no expert in this, since you are well taken under the care of dr tan now just follow what he schedule for u. pray and wish you are able to detect fetal pole soon. all I can say is there are still miracles, my sil only manage to see at later part of the weeks too when her gynae also not optimistic. hang on you never know.

good morning ladies, how is sunday for all. I am home eating hot dog bun bought from ikea yesterday. i did a very "wrong" thing yesterday and i kinda regret it so worried now. i did painting works yesterday night to my cupboard using oil base paint. not very healthy for a preggy woman. i now so worried i inhale the toxic chemicals too much may cause harm to babies. really really forgotten about it till i am almost 3/4 done with the job. pantang is one thing now the real harm cause by the paint toxic is another....please bless i am ok....soooo regretful now...

Buddy, don't worry too much. Don't forget my job everyday facing paint and dust at construction site. Since you have painted already and is a one off thing don't think will affect. Just one off then next round don't paint already.
Today a busy day for me. Brother just came back to settle wedding stuff and flying back soon.
I am having mint tea now don't like as I am so use to hot chocolate. But well trying to control my sugar so take this but I dont like.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy for the assurance. Still feel so guilty. Today mummy boil red dates and wolf berries tea for me. I during tww drink everyday but stop and now after so long drinking again hehe. So blessed to have mummy to take care of me too bad she doesn't stay with me.

By the way I am thinking of using water purification system something like those machine straight link to tap outlet then press got hot or cold water direct for drinking. Don't need boil or what safe trouble. Novita got a few models but don't really know if all this water are safe for drinking by babies thou they claim it's good for kids or babies on their site. Any comments? For me I am interested cause don't need boil so next time anytime want hot water kinda direct from the tap..

I think usually office uses that kind of machine but the water not 100° boiled. Still better to boil water. Unless you are getting those hot dispenser then will be 100° boiled. I heard from those elderly said for confinement and baby better to use boiled water then let it cool then we can use.
ya So blessed with mummy taking care of us. Yesterday my mum double boiled bird nest and cook those Cantonese dessert for me say good for baby skin. Confinement I will be staying with her. Is your mum coming to help you?

Don't know Isit 100 degree boiling water need to check with the novita people but dad say all this unit consume high electricity power. So save the trouble boiling but the electricity power consumption is high. Maybe I just stick to boiling. Get those electric thermal flask.

Ya think you stick to boiling the get those thermal flask better. I will be doing that. Otherwise air purifier plus aircon plus dispenser wait end of the month Your bill explosion.
So the rest of the ladies any program today. Btw do check with your do roughly when you should go on leave. My doc keep on telling me end oct can deliver so maybe next visit to double confirm and by 3rd week might need to go on leave already.

Yes so true everything now is like electric consumption high haha. I probably will start leave oct but see is early or mid. I'm still very active now walk and do non stop housework and cleaning and clearing whenever I see house in a mess. My dh say I super busy worst than before preg just cannot sit still.

I'm out having lunch at old airport rd. Super crowded those popular stalls all super long que.

Just settle with my brother's stuff. ya loh I also super active clean so much stuff and do so much housework. Then pack beanie things like more busier than before preg. Doc will normal ask their patients to walk more during 3rd trimester so that can deliver easier but for my case I walk too much until doc tell me to be less active a bit haha. Just now my sil said I walk so fast like ma chiam before bfp. I think I am just used to the fast speed then forgot.
Old airport yum yum a lot of nice food. I am thinking what shall I eat for dinner?

simplegirlnextdoor! congrats! hope that your beanies can put on weight fast fast and go home fast fast! may you also recover smoothly and quickly to be ready to receive your bundles of joy!

Wah think wear pants more often to prevent rubbing?
Hmm.. later if got time I go qoo10 to see the bra. Hehe if I got time. Later going to see beanie.. so happy but review on my sugar reading sure kenna from doc again. My office got many mooncakes just whack 1 slice later haha.
The photoshot I think I will go and find out more again and will book one soon. Just so cute..
Buddy, btw did you go and listen to cordlife that day? If not oct fair still can go.

@LynnCandy u went to the talk ? i was keen but could not find time to it.

simplegirlnextdoor, firstly congrats on your twin boys...hope they can be discharge from nicu ward soon to be home sweet home with you and hubby. I remember back then you were admitted due to low placenta right? so now you experience contractions and that's why need to give birth at week 28? you went thru csec or natural? nevertheless do take care of your own body so got more strength for your twin boys later on.

lynncandy a lot doc will advice walk more keep yourself active during preg so that can easy birth but I think that applies to natural birth only right? I always think csec doesn't matter if you active or not or bb small or big, they just able to do it with ease when the time comes, anyway my kkh gynae have not mention anything about no walking or reduce walking or walk more...only Thomson gynae ask me reduce movement cause scare I premature..i realise my last aptm with gynae in kkh is more than 1 month already as my multi vitamin no more. usually that is a month supply. I keep going kkh scan but no see gynae haha.

how is Monday for all? me is steady stream of work flow not busy but no rest time too. want to check on personal stuffs also no time. but log in here "rest" a while before back to work again.

Finally went lunch. Today morning very fruitful for me hahaha non stop working. Manage to clear all job. Hope later lunch back no new work pile up. Later going daiso buy some storage containers for bb stuffs. What u girls having for lunch? I eating mala xiang guo those fried ingredients in mala sauce.

Mala.. haha I think after birth then I eat. Now can't take that spice due to heartburn.
It was a busy day at work today. So has everyone bought their baby stuff finished already?

Yes the mala everytime order le adds up to a lot. But some offer set lunch like $6.80 usually I order alot mushroom so quite ex too their mushroom charges same as meat. Long long eat once ok.

Dinner for me is yoshinoya beef and salmon bowl. Yummy!!!

I just went metro to get more pillow case and two pillow bolster for Twinnies. Got the green bean pillow but I got another two bolster just in case they prefer to hug when older. I need to get extra two fitted sheets so that can wash and change before 1st set drys. I am slowly organising my hospital bag. Today went get a pair of bedroom slippers from daiso.

I love yoshinoya the beef. But my beanie don't like salmon. Before bfp I ate now beanie just don't like. I had subway for dinner. Now beanie bigger the kick getting stronger. Do you all feel that. My tummy now very big already.

lynn-r u expectin twins or single baby huh? i a bit blur..

we were packin last night, empty sm stuff in built- in cabinets for dismantle n removal..

followed by more upgradin works to come in oct onwards.. i used 2b able to move a lot of thgs myself, now really cannot.. a lot of thgs need to use stomach muscle 2lift..

wun b buyin anythg or collect pass on from frens till post all è work done... hope i breeze through this...

I haven't finished buying all the stuff for baby. But I bought quite a number of scarf bibs, mittens, socks, booties and swaddle wraps for baby from Qoo10.

Close to 7788... pending some miscellaneous things, collection from oct fair and have yet complete taken over the hand me down items

Yap completed my buying already, waiting for delivery from taobao n collection from baby market :D
gotten hand me down clothes too.. Waiting to wash them in early nov ;)

Joy meme, lynncandy is expecting singleton :)

I also bought 8899 but walk walk still will see see buy buy to make it 991010 haha.

My stomach I still feel not very big. Nobody say is big for twins at week 29/30 that's why I also worry abit.

okok.. now i can rem better..

iwahb-dun worry abt siz, as long as weight good n amino fluid sufficient all will go along...

Good morning everyone, I think my purchase is done. The rest I shall leave it to baby shower people give or baby come out then buy. Now only got those basic needs for mummy and baby first.

Today will be a busy day for me. I think my work will busy till give birth.
Cheery nice to hear from you..
joy, haha I am having beanie not beanies.
buddy, think maybe is our first pregnancy so cant really see our tummy that big. I find it big as of course compare to those previous weeks... But if overall still reasonable. I think by end of Sep should be very big. When is your next review again? then after that 1 month then see doc again? I think better check with kkh if can have more frequent to see gynae. Otherwise going to deliver still so many weeks once like so weird.
bb_hc, have you prepared your stuff already? I think the 3 of us are the same timing. Actually most of us here are almost quite close to one another on the due date.
faithfullyyours, your nice pic is very cute.
ete wah can wait till oct fair.. I see if I got the strength to go first ma haahah..

good lord its Tuesday only....hahahaha. no mood to work...my last given aptm to see gynae in kkh is next week then only after seeing her will know when is the next visit. wonder when is the visit closer. yesterday I did a quick sort out for bb stuffs and I realise I got a lot of 0-6mths clothes. I bought clothes till 18mths also already hahaha. some are hand down one thou. but 0-12mths all new cause no old clothes. then I pack their mittens and booties also realise a lot. actually I wonder they wear mittens and booties is it wear once wash once? if like that i think reasonable qty i have cause don't think we will wash daily also. i using washing machine so must have certain load wash more economical. so while waiting for old to wash and dry i got new pairs. swaddles also daily wash? i wonder whats the practice.

actually i getting quite excited also i now see my bb room (purely storage their stuffs) i so happy. everyday i need to go in once to see see if all is pack and organise properly. haha. 1st time mummies. a lot of people say i going to be super exhausted once twinnies out i really hope i can handle. i think i need to start my deposit for confinement food as well already to enjoy early bird discount just in case my twinnies pop anytime which i hope not. more or less 99% natal essentials. circle u done your booking on food?

oct fair i wont be going cause that one sure super crowded. since i also not much to buy shall just rest at home.

actually i am tempted to try natural birth cause recovery is faster. a lot advice me is after csec wound is painful hard to carry and care for bb for 1-2weeks. headache. i wonder how much the bill will be lets say touch wood they charge natural and csec and how much can pay by medisave and how much cash upfront.

I got a lot of clothing as well, 0 to 6 months I think got 30 sets. My clothing got up to 24 months lol. My mittens and booties maybe more than 10 sets just for home wear then go out also got those nice nice cute cute one. I think baby needs a lot of clothing sets to change as dirty then change. So meaning will have a lot of washing to do especially iwantahealthybaby is double washing. The bill as mentioned by sister snow for both natural and csec will be 10k mediasave only use up to like 3k plus for csec and 2k+ for natural.

I am praying my beanie please come out on 11 Nov and totally full full term haha. If not 1 Nov also nice la the number haha.. Now my beanie's room is like storage again as I have not set up the bed. then the bed, car seat and shower tub are now on the floor.

Will your parents be coming to help you after you give birth? Otherwise I believe 1st week you need to rest, wait they cry cry cry how to handle 2 at one goal.

All of our dates are so close. Wonder who will graduate first lol.. I don't want to graduate as I want very very full term week 40 then graduate for the 11 11.

Budd my initial edd is 10nov then move to 5nov then I also don't know when Twinnies will make special appearance. Haha. I also hope to see them soon yet don't want them to pop early. So long healthy weight and health I don't mind waiting longer. I already classified my bb clothes according to months in different level of drawers so once they outgrown the stage the drawer can empty and put other clothes in already. I still shortage two fitted sheet for cot. I set up my cots already and now inside I stuff with their toys and pillows and all to save space. My car seats and strollers all hanging around my living room floor. Messy to the max.

Ya my house is also messy to the max.. everywhere also got things faint.

My doc keep on saying Oct I can prepare to deliver, really don't want to hear that. I want to work until end of Oct. Oh man it is very hard to say when baby will come out so I just hope my beanie stay inside until full full term.
Sep faster pass fast fast then will be Oct.
Joy, very hard to say, week 37 is consider full term and you might just graduate earlier. It is like week 37 to week 40 the buffer week.

Oh man our week 37 is 3rd week of Oct. Time really flies and counting down for that couple of weeks to come. I still remember when me and iwantahealthybaby was waiting to go for bt to test for bfp. Now we are almost there.. wow..

For my baby bed, I think I will set up sometime mid of Oct as my room no more space. lol.. Mummy also a lot of stuff and plus baby stuff = no space.

Getting more and more lazy. Anyone feeling the same too??
The photoshot I have emailed to walkadogstudio but no reply, hmm...

Those were the days...I still remember how unbelievable when the nurse call and say congrats I am preg and best when I ask about hcg level she say 16000 I was like huh is there a mistake!!! So paranoid. Low hcg I scare, high I also worried like mad. We really come so far just hope the last few months is smooth. A lot of my friends 1st pregnancy all deliver their bb at week 40 so I guess shouldn be a problem for u girls too. I think I am the Next to grad here. Stay tune..

I cannot plan a lot of things like photoshot or bb showers venue as don't know when Twinnies will pop so shall only get busy after delivery. Hope can get nice venue and nice newborn shot package.

Lynn, I didn't buy much, probably get some more during October fair. Got place to sleep, got something to wear, that's all.

By the way, do you think we have chance to use childcare leave? Have all of you check whether your HR allows taking a bit of maternity leave, follow by child care, then continue maternity leave again.

By the way, do you think we have chance to use childcare leave? Have all of you check whether your HR allows taking a bit of maternity leave, follow by child care, then continue maternity leave again.
I am entitled to childcare leave this year as long as baby's birth certificate is ready and she is input as my dependent in my company's HR system. My maternity leave is 2 full months and extended 8 weeks.

Back